View Full Version : Wrightsville prison unit - Arkansas

misstussey42
01-17-2005, 07:37 PM
My fiancee was moved to Wrightsville last Tuesday. Does anybody have any info on that unit? He says so far it seems laid back but, you know how it is to get info. It took me forever to get all the info that I did on Cummins and most of the good info came from here.

ashing
06-15-2005, 12:13 PM
i am also trying to get all the info i can on wrightsville for a report for school so any info i could get from u on what his daily life is like would be greatly appreciated

James'Girl
06-22-2005, 07:04 PM
My fiancee was moved to Wrightsville last Tuesday. Does anybody have any info on that unit? He says so far it seems laid back but, you know how it is to get info. It took me forever to get all the info that I did on Cummins and most of the good info came from here.

My boyfriend was moved from Varner to Wrightsville at the beginning of the month. My brother has also been there. Wrightsville is more laid back. It's freer there. For pill call, mail, and pretty much everything they go outside and do. The barracks are like little houses. Instead of leaving their barracks and going into a hall they step outside which they seem to like. Look up articles on this unit because they have had like 2 or 3 deaths within a short period of time.

butchies_girl
10-20-2005, 02:33 PM
My Husband is in Wrightsville also from what I have gatherd it is a pre release prison but please dont quote me on that.Also my last name begins with F so any one going that way please send me a pm and let me know when I get this warrant taken care of i want to go.

Mark's_Girl06
03-31-2006, 02:02 AM
Butchie's girl
What do you mean Wrightville is a Pre-Release Prison? My husband is at Wrightsville.

Becky

butchies_girl
03-31-2006, 01:38 PM
i thought it was at one time but i was going on bad info. a pre release prison is one where they start to get them ready for release back into society. kinda like a halfway house but not exactly. Sorry i should have corrected it.

nicky_bubba
09-24-2006, 08:25 PM
does anybody know the address for the prison? They just moved my brother there from Tucker last week, and i want to write to him. Thanks, Nicky

nicky_bubba
09-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Sorry, i mean Wrightsville prison, if anyone knows the address. Thanks, Nicky

Jade01
09-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Welcome to PTO Nicky!

The address for Wrightsville unit is:
Inmate Name/ADC #
Wrightsville Unit
P.O. Box 1000
Wrightsville, AR 72183

You can find out your brother's ADC # by doing an inmate search at the Arkansas Department of Corrections website: http://www.arkansas.gov/doc/inmate_info/

nicky_bubba
09-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks so much Jade, Iknow the adc# but, thanks for the information. Iwas just messing around on here, and found this site, it's great, thanks again. Nicky

nicky_bubba
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Does anyone happen to know any info about this prison, they moved him to? Like, if it is agood one or not, i know none of them are good, but i just worry about my brother.( Wrightsville,Ark) thanks, Nicky

ittybittykitty
09-25-2006, 06:56 PM
My guy was there once about 2 years ago but only stayed a couple months and it was actually before we got together,so I don't know much about the place, he liked Tucker better but everybody has their preferences.Hopefully someone who currently has a loved one in there will give you an answer soon.Sorry I was not much help. But hang in there someone will be here soon to help you. Glad you joined PTO, Welcome. Kitty

nicky_bubba
09-25-2006, 11:41 PM
ok, Thanks Kitty. Hopefully someone will get back with me soon....Nicky

kjsangel
09-29-2006, 04:51 PM
My husband was moved to Wrightsville this week. I hope it is one of the "good" prisons if there is such a thing.

kjsangel

nicky_bubba
10-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Welcme Kjsangel, My brother has been in Wrightsville, I guessa couple of weeks now, we didn't get to see him last visit, he was on some kind of restriction, but I think weekend after next we can:) Any way,if you find out any more information on this prison, could you please share with me? He was first sent to Tucker, then they moved him to Dermott and now Wrightsville. He has like about 20 months left, he got 3 years. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nicky:thumbsup:

ArtsBaby0428
10-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi ya'll! My husband had been at Wrightsville for almost two years now. He's a counselor for the TC Program there. He was in Tucker before that. I think Wrightsville is a pretty good prison. They're pretty laid back and I've never had too much of a problem with them. If there's children involved, there's a program there called The Evenstart Family Literacy Program that's run through The Centers for Youth and Family. I don't know exactly the requirements for participating in this, but I know my husband has to attend a parenting class and had to write an essay to be able to move foward in the program. Basically, I get to go up there one time a month with our son and we get to spend the day together doing crafts and reading and eating pizza. I haven't had any trouble with the mail procedures or the phone calls or nothing like that. My only complaint really is that the visits get cut short. They're supposed to go from 12 to 4 but they call an end to them at 3:40 or so. They do visits on Saturdays and Sundays, but you cannot go both days and there's some restrictions on visit times pertaining to your husband's class. Mine is a 1B so he can visit either day, but I'm not sure about the other classes. Hope that helps out a little. If ya'll have anymore questions, I'd be happy to help.

Melissa