View Full Version : Find inmate records (in Canada)

jpzgirl
01-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi
I was wondering how i find out where my boyfriend is? He is serving a 18 month sentence in ontario but i don't know what prison he is in. Is there any site where I can find information on his records and his charges? His friends are the only ones who keep in contact with him because he is too scard to call me. I need to know when he will be released and what I can do from now. I need help desperately.
Thanks You for your time.
Jp's girl

MrsWest11
01-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Welcome to PTO! I'm not sure about how to go about finding someone incarcerated in Canada but, I'm gonna move this to the "lost in the system" forum...hopefully someone there will be able to help ya out! :thumbsup:

Selena

Niightdrmr
01-29-2005, 10:55 PM
I am going to move this post into the Canadian forum because I think they would be able to help you out more in there !!! Good luck and I hope you find what it is you are looking for or I should say WHO it is you are looking for ratherly.... I myself dont know of any online data links for searching for inmates in Canada prisons so maybe someone in the Canadian forum might know something a little more that could help you out more!!!

Kelly

magoo
04-02-2005, 05:43 PM
find out what jails he could be in and write to him. if he is not in the jail they will send your mail back.
that is what they told me to do once when i was looking for a freind. if he is there then he will get the mail. they will not tell you over the phone. he would be in a regional jail if he has 18 monthes as to do federal time you have to be sentenced to 2 yrs. you could look for a list of jails in ontario on the internet or go to your goverment offices and the justice offices would have a list.
i'm not sure what else you could do if no one wants to tell you anything.
good luck

splif4204
04-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Do you know what area of ontario he was in when he was incarcerated? Is it federal or provincial charges? My man used to do stuff like this to me all the time and I would normally just call the jail and ask if he was there,... they cant give out any personal information and I dont even know if they will still give out that information. Your basic options are,... 1 - Find out from friends or family where he is and write him,... 2 - Call his lawyer and ask them,... 3 - Write a letter, photocopy it, get a whole bunch of envelopes and a whole bunch of stamps and get mailing,... like Magoo said if he isnt there they will send the mail back sokeep a record of where you mail all the letters and check them off as you get them back,... If I knew the area of Ontario where he was arrested and what kind of time it is I could probably help you out with where he would LIKELY be,... good luck on your search

Splif

Kassiesgma
04-05-2005, 01:50 AM
you might try posting his name on the Canada site. Someone could ask their guys if he is in the prison that they are in. My husband is in Bath. I live in Kingston Ontario...prison capitol of Canada..lol. There are 9 prisons in and around here. Chances are he is here somewhere.
Kassiesgma

terrorntoronto
04-05-2005, 09:22 AM
If he is serving 18 months then he would be in a provincial jail. As only people doing 2 years or more are in Federal institutions. Ontario has a phone number that you can call to enquire about an inmate, they will tell you if he is incarcerated in the Provincial system.
PM me and I will locate the number.

foxybella
10-16-2009, 09:39 AM
I am looking for david coon. He murdered 2 boys in Peterborough ontario in the 90's. He was in the kingston pen and I would like to know where he is now

KCampbell
10-17-2009, 06:47 AM
If you don't know his FPS number, but generally he'll do his time at Kingston, then Warkworth, then Fenbrook, then camp.

If he isn't at Kingston, then most likely Warkworth.

Just make sure you put your name and address on the letter, and you should find him.

It is possible if an inmate has family in another province, or if he is deemed a danger to the institution, they can transfer you - usually to BC - which would be Kent, then Mountain.

foxybella
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
thank you for the info

foxybella
10-17-2009, 06:41 PM
thanks i tried to find the number do you know it?

If he is serving 18 months then he would be in a provincial jail. As only people doing 2 years or more are in Federal institutions. Ontario has a phone number that you can call to enquire about an inmate, they will tell you if he is incarcerated in the Provincial system.
PM me and I will locate the number.

Mrs.Vuitton
06-15-2010, 01:06 AM
For anyone that has a similiar question in the near future...
Call Toronto East - 416-750-3513
I've had to do this a few times...they have a computerized system for the entire Ontario province and can locate someone if they're in custody. Some of the people say they don't do searchs, I've had that happen to me 1/4 times I've done this - just call back and find a nice one =)

-*-P'z Queen-*-
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
I am looking for david coon. He murdered 2 boys in Peterborough ontario in the 90's. He was in the kingston pen and I would like to know where he is now

what's his jail name?
cuz all of them have nicknamez in there that are different from their street names !

cweaver
12-18-2010, 09:35 PM
hes still in kp isnt he...have u looked on the kp wall of their site..im sure i read an articlethat he is one of the guys doing life in kp in with the confined unit...as far as the other guy doing 18 months he wouldnt be in kp thats 2 yrs n up..hes most likely in the lindsay super jail or millbrook places like that..but usually they put them in that super jail..they dont like to tell ya but i explained family was no help..im several hrs away and im worried somethings wrong is he dead etc and they placed me thru v n c n then the warden n i got answers and fast..i was very upset..for their safety they dont like to say..but im the wife with the kids so..n im a bit pushy too..lol u can ask for the parole and the day councellor they will tell ya too..good luck guys

newfie
12-30-2010, 04:47 PM
david coon rockwood asylum kingston

gurlsetzfire
09-16-2011, 07:29 AM
You can always call to try to book a visit. Then if he's not there, they'll tell u that u can't.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

jandressup
01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
you might try posting his name on the Canada site. Someone could ask their guys if he is in the prison that they are in. My husband is in Bath. I live in Kingston Ontario...prison capitol of Canada..lol. There are 9 prisons in and around here. Chances are he is here somewhere.
Kassiesgma

What's the Canada site name??

PhoenixRise
12-29-2013, 03:28 PM
For anyone that has a similiar question in the near future...
Call Toronto East - 416-750-3513
I've had to do this a few times...they have a computerized system for the entire Ontario province and can locate someone if they're in custody. Some of the people say they don't do searchs, I've had that happen to me 1/4 times I've done this - just call back and find a nice one =)

Still know if you can call Toronto east for info? Will they have info on federal penitentiaries as well? Is it the records office that I want when I call?