View Full Version : Inmate pictures

gringabonita
01-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know of a website that contains the pictures of inmates that are currently in the Cali system? I want to see a picture of my baby but I can't find one. I live in Florida and I haven't seen him in 2 years because he is in Wasco. In Florida, you can see pictures of the inmates and read all of their info and stuff. I think the rules in Cali are stricter. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DLM
01-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I know of no website that has pictures of Calif. state prison inmates.

CRAZY4ALBERT
01-28-2005, 03:03 PM
I have never heard of one. I didn't even know that they existed, shoot, my fiancee is in Chino and I haven't seen him going on two months now, if there is such place and I knew about it, I don't think I would ever leave that site! Good luck, hopefully it turns out that there is one, if you find out that there is, let me know! ; )

Mrs.L
01-28-2005, 03:25 PM
No website for California inmates.

NoMoreGB
01-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Curious about pictures--some friends of mine have recieved Polaroid pictures of their man FROM prison. Anyone know if it's allowed for the guys to have a camera? I keep forgetting to ask him in a letter or on the phone--I'd love him to get one taken of himself and send it to me!!! Haven't seen his sweet face in over six months...

LisaL
01-31-2005, 05:48 AM
I don't think that they are allowed to have a camera. My son took pictures at the end of the year. He had to order them, just like you would when your kids take pics at school. He was suppose to mail them to me, but hasn't been able to due to the lockdowns. While lockdown they are not allowed to go to store, so he has not been able to buy more stamps to place on the larger envelope required for the pictures. ( 1 pic is a 8x10) I don't know if this is available at all prisons. My son is at Ironwood. As for the polaroids, it costs me $2 a piece for each pic while visiting, we are allowed to take 5 pics. I am allowed to leave 2 pics with him, so that he can mail some out. We can not mail in any polaroid pics though. So I have to make copies of the other pics to mail to him. I hope this info helps. Take Care and God Bless!

-Lisa

gringabonita
01-31-2005, 01:47 PM
I remember in 2002 when I visited my fiance, we took polaroids of us together and bought them for $2.oo each. But that is probably where they got the polaroids from. I highly doubt that they are allowed to have cameras in there. Thanks for all the replys!

mamawen
02-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Some prisons have picture ducats inside the prison and the inmates can get pics of themselves. Our prison (OF) does not.
Wendy

thekilgorebunch
02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
That would be really great though. It has been awhile since I've seen his face.

PhillyGurLL
02-02-2005, 01:24 PM
If you bought polaroids at visit, then inmates can probably buy polaroids of themselves. My man has sent me polaroids of himself before.

traviesita
02-02-2005, 03:24 PM
At SVSP I've seen inmate come out to the visiting room and take a picture alone and then go back in. Maybe not all prison are run the same. Oh, thats right. Thats why they have so much issues.

mamawen
02-02-2005, 03:46 PM
That's cool that SCSP does that. IFC at our prison has been trying to get something so that inmates can do that too. The only way they can get pics now is if they have a visit.

And yes, you are correct...one of the many reasons our prisons are such a mess is that there is no consistency!
Wendy

spookslady
02-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Does someone know what the picture deal is like at wasco? can we take pictures?

LovinMike123
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know of a website that contains the pictures of inmates that are currently in the Cali system? I want to see a picture of my baby but I can't find one. I live in Florida and I haven't seen him in 2 years because he is in Wasco. In Florida, you can see pictures of the inmates and read all of their info and stuff. I think the rules in Cali are stricter. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LovinMike123
02-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Curious about pictures--some friends of mine have recieved Polaroid pictures of their man FROM prison. Anyone know if it's allowed for the guys to have a camera? I keep forgetting to ask him in a letter or on the phone--I'd love him to get one taken of himself and send it to me!!! Haven't seen his sweet face in over six months...

Mrs_Stranger
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
My Baby Is At Ironwood And He Had A "picture Day" I Just Had To Put Money In His Books And And Sent Me And His Mom A Picure...you Should Ask Your Man If They Do That At His Prison.....

Joyner30
03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
I was also trying to look for one in california as well, My husband is in Calipatria state. It would be really nice to see if there is a site that would do that.

reggies girl
03-28-2005, 02:25 PM
my favorite thing to do is when I get a pic of me and Reg I go to wallgreens and have them redone for 29 cents and then I can give them to friends and family and most of all send them to my Baby. I will have a new pic soon my son has to scan it for me the one on is old from Dec 03 we look different I am not Blonde any more. will best wishes on the pics. I know what you mean not having a recent one of your man I used to carry one around that was 15 years old till I got one of my Babe. HA HA have a good day

Reg's Girl

Pinky99
03-28-2005, 08:00 PM
I knew years ago they guys were allowed to have group and individual pictures taken of themselves...however that was like back in the late 80's and early 90's. I know at CMC the inmates are NOT allowed to have pictures of themselves taken in the back. At CMC the only time you can get a picture of the inmate is if you purchase a $2.00 photo ducat during your visit (and the inmate is not allowed to have a picture taken alone) it must be with his visitor.

I have a picture of my honey in his cell that one of the CO's took of him and he was allowed to mail it home to me (but they aren't suppose to do that). Of course I was happy to get the picture, but it was sad to see how small his cell is.

RosyLoke
03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
As far as I know they can only take prictures when they receive a visit. Some prisons allow the inmates to take pictures of them selfves and friends in there once a year. I guess it depends on the prison all these prisons have issues they need to relax.