View Full Version : Wayne County Jails Divisions 1-2-3

angeltob
01-29-2005, 08:59 PM
DIVISION ONE " The Andrew C. Baird Detention Facility"
Malcolm D. Thompson (mthompso@co.wayne.mi.us) - Commander Jail Divisions I & II
PHONE:313-224-0795
ADDRESS: 570 Clinton Street
Detroit, MI 48226

Nearby landmarks include the Detroit Police headquarters building at 1300 Beaubien and The Frank Murphy Hall of Justice [Recorder's Court].

DIVISION TWO "The Old Wayne County Jail"
Malcolm D. Thompson (mthompso@co.wayne.mi.us) - Commander Jail Divisions I & II
PHONE:313-224-1436
ADDRESS: 525 Clinton Street
Detroit, MI 48226

Nearby landmarks include the Detroit Police headquarters building at 1300 Beaubien and Gratiot Avenue.

DIVISION THREE "The William Dickerson Detention Facility"
Maggie Cesnick (mcesnick@co.wayne.mi.us) - Commander Jail Division III
PHONE: 313-875-7000
ADDRESS: 3501 Hamtramck Drive
Hamtramck, Michigan 48212

Division Three is easily located north of Interstate 94 off of Mt. Elliott Avenue.

MONEY ORDERS

Money may by deposited into a Wayne County Jail Inmate's Commissary account under the following conditions: the money order must contain the Inmate's full and correct name and his WCJ Inmate number in order for the monies to be credited to the proper account. The money order must contain a return address and preferably a telephone number, in the event the person is discharged or there is a problem with the money order - the Property Room would like to be able to contact the sender or be able to return the money.

There is no limit on the total deposit that can be made to an account, however: no single money order can be over $20.00.

Money orders for those persons being held at Divisions 1 or 2 may be dropped off at the deposit window at Jail 1 any time of any day. Division 3 inmates may also have monies dropped off at Jail 3. Money orders may be sent through the US mail to any inmate in any of our facilities c/o the jail division they are being housed with the inmate number on the envelope and money order.

VISITATION
Special note: Visitation at the Dickerson Facility may vary from this posting - please phone ahead.

Visiting hours are as follows:

7:30 am until 10:00 am daily
1:00 pm until 3:30 pm daily
6:30 pm until 9:00 pm daily

For the following days:

Monday - Last names starting with A through C
Tuesday - Last names starting with D through H
Wednesday - Last names starting with I through M
Thursday - Last names starting with N through S
Friday - Last names starting with T through Z
Saturday - Minor child visitation with approval and by appointment only.

Wayne County Sheriff's information:
PHONE:313-224-2222, which is operator assisted.
FAX:313-224-2367
Rose Fodera (rfodera@co.wayne.mi.us) - Deputy Chief - Jails
Please PM me with any other information you have