View Full Version : Cummins Prison Information

ilovetony
02-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks to all of you for the information. I got a letter today from my husband, he says that he will be transported soon to Cummins. If any of you have any information about Cummins, please let me know. He sent me a paper that has to be filled out to send him money. He says that when he gets to Cummins that he has to by sneakers, is this true? He still hasn't called yet.

juliwaits
02-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I can tell you all about Cummins, and there's info in the prison profiles thread (within the Arkansas forum). That paper to fill out money is what the whole ADC uses, and there's a link to it on this forum too. Follow the instructions or they'll send it back.
Cummins visitation is great - good food, and you get to hug and kiss nearly as much as you want. I didn't realize it was so good til my husband was sent to Tucker. Get in line early, they let cars in at 10:30 and the guys come out at 11:30 and you get to visit til 3:30. DO NOT HAVE ANY ALCOHOL, KITCHEN KNIVES, EXTRA CIGARETTES in your vehicle. If you have a prescription with you, make sure it's in it's original container with your name on it. You can't wear shorts and you can't wear sleeveless tops (your shoulders can't show). Yeah, i know... who's gonna get turned on by a shoulder..?!!

juliwaits
02-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh, and he most likely doesn't HAVE to have sneakers. He will want to have a radio too. In most of the barracks the way they hear the tv is thru their radio.

ilovetony
02-03-2005, 06:59 AM
Can he purchase the radio there? I am so thankful that he is getting out of Tucker. I got on the VINE call list, that is a good thing. In his letter he said that he was going to have visit only once a month. Is this true? I hope I get to see him more than once a month. I live about 3 hours from Pine Bluff. Do you know if the guards are bad at Cummins? Thank you so much for the info. Any and Everything will help me, I have never been through this and I hope after this is over I never have to again!

juliwaits
02-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Ilovetony, i moved this to a new thread, since we got onto the topic of cummins and off topic of transfers.
If you buy him sneakers, he can't wear them to the visitation room. If he wears a ring, he has to be sure the guards write it down on a slip they give him before he comes out (THIS IS IMPORTANT!). They watch much more closely for stuff like that. But they let you be more affectionate - it's a good trade off!!
Yes, he can purchase a radio and headphones at comissary. Hon, i'm a bit worried he said only once a month cuz that just doesn't sound right... Visits depend on class but i can't think of any situation where visits are only once a month. As i recall you either have no visits (if you're in the hole), 4 weekend a month visits (class 2-4), or 5 weekend a month visits (class 1). You can call up there and ask for the visitation clerk. Cummins is 1/2 hour away from Pine Bluff.
I don't know about the guards, and they change a lot. But it seems the guards at visitation are WAY nicer than the guards who watch visitation at Tucker. BUT the procedures for getting into visitation at cummins are stricter. They're way more strict at cummins about what you can bring in, and they'll check your shoes and coat, and the metal detector at cummins is more sensitive (your shoes will most likely set it off, so you have to take them off). At cummins, they only check your truck going out, and you have to get your hand stamped. you'll figure it all out quickly. In my opinion, Cumnins is WAY better than Tucker. I think there's been SO much negative publcity at Cummins that they tried to clean it up. The paint is fresher, and unlike tucker you actually have a DOOR on the bathroom when you go to visit him. And at Cummins, you get a WHOLE visit, they don't shave off 10 mins at the beginning and 10 mins at the end, you get the whole 4 hours. LOL Who'd think i'd be "missing" cummins. I made good friends there in the visitation room too. Huntsgirl and i met there and i still keep in touch w/some of the other ladies there. (sorry about the typos, i'm running late for work)

ilovetony
02-03-2005, 09:43 PM
juliewaits,
Thanks again. I finally got to talk to my husband today!! I was so excited!! He was talking so fast I could barley understand him. He is still at Tucker. He said that he should be moved any day now. He told me that he got in trouble at lunch cause another guy was talking. He said that they are really tuff at Tucker Max. What he told me about the visitation, he was told by someone there at Tucker! He told me that he has talked with a man there and learned alot. He wrote a letter to a judge about doing and appeal on his case. His lawyer supposedly lied to him or something. He says that he might get his sentence reduced! Do you know anything about that kinda stuff? Thanks again!

Jade01
02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Well, it seems like Julie has helped you out a bunch. My fiance was at Cummins for a year, so if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Julie and I definitely know our share of Cummins info. When your husband first gets there, it might take 2-4 weeks before you're able to see him, but then you should be able to see him every other weekend until he gets his class one and then you can go every weekend. And sorry, I don't know anything about sentence reduction. Good luck with everything!

*Amanda*
02-07-2005, 08:53 AM
ilovetony, my fiance is at Cummins and he has a perscription for sneakers but they're not even allowed there at Cummins. So to answer your question, no, they aren't even allowed sneakers (well, at least not out on the visiting floors).

juliwaits
02-07-2005, 11:39 AM
You CAN have sneakers at cummins, but can't wear them to visitation. It's a "security risk" :rolleyes:

*Amanda*
02-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah.... that's it. hehe

Robinb
01-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Okay girls you are all talking about cummins. I don't know if you saw my post about me getting busted with conterband. And it being contac's for his eyes. They have suspended my vistation for a yr. Can anyone tell me what I could do?

wolfen
08-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Jade01,
What are the visits like at the Cummins Unit, in Grady, AR? Do you know anything about Grady, AR? Is there anything in Grady besides the prisons? I've just ben approved for visitations and waiting for my first visit. Trying to find a way to get to cummins for visitations. If you know of anyone that wants to carpool to cummins, let me know. I just moved to pine bluff.

Jade01
08-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Wolfen - My fiance has not been at the Cummins unit for almost 2 years, but here is a link to the thread I started in the Arkansas Prison Visitation forum about my experience with visiting there. Hope it helps!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154595

Also, I do not know much about Grady except that I remember it being a very tiny town.

ARadvocate
08-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Wolfen, we have several people who live in PB and want to carpool. PM me if you want their names and #s. Thanks

wolfen
09-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I am back up in Fayeville, Arkansas, now. I am looking for carpooling from people in or around Fayetteville that are going to Cummins Prison. Pine Bluff didn't work out for me. Thanks for the replies.

Tommy's girl
09-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Wolfen,
My husband is in Cummins and I live in Alma. Right now I don't have room for an carpoolers (hubbys visit is on Sundays, you need to find out when yours is), because it's a small car and I already have 4 dedicated visitors. If ever somebody can't go, you are welcome to ride down with us. It's a 4 hour trip, one way with 2 stops...one for lunch and one for supper. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about the visitaion there. I was just there this past weekend. You have to go through metal detectors, get patted down, Your shoes go through an X-ray machine and you can only bring money in a clear ziplock baggie. Only keys and money are allowed in. I always think that the female officers working the door act like they are all high and mighty. It's aggravating, but what can we do? Your vehicle is searched coming and going. Get there early. If you have any other questions let me know.

wolfen
09-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey,
Thanks for answering me. Sorry its taken me so long to reply. Been busy trying to get a place ready for when my fiance comes home in 4 months. His visits are on Sundays. And sometime if you have room, and if there is a way for you to pick me up, let me know. I haven't seen my fiance in almost two years. And if anyone else out there that knows of someone carpooling to Cummins Unit on Sundays, let me know. Need a ride to visitation, really badly. Thanks. :)