View Full Version : How long does heroin stay in your system for a drug test

boxersgirl
02-15-2005, 09:46 AM
I was just wondering how long heroin will show up in a drug test. I have a feeling my husband used on Friday when he was off work and hanging around with his loser friends. He was short $10.00 and he looked a little high to me and during the night he was scratching himself all night and talking in his sleep which he hasnt done in a long time. He has to randomly take drug tests for his probation and today his code came up so he has to go and take one. He doesnt seem stressed about it at all but I am cuz I cant do this again if he violates and goes back to prison. He has been doing so good that I know of. He used about a month ago when he first got out and I went off and threw him out and all that and he hasnt used since then. (that I know of - but i take him to work and pick him up and he usually gives me all his money for the bills but this week he made a little extra and kept some and when i counted it he was short $10.00 after he had been with his friends). We had a big argument on Sunday about his loser friends but he said those are his friends and he's not changing them. he doesnt hang out with his friends but they call him all the time and with this job he has now he is off on fridays and so are they so one of them took the bus to go and hang out with him. pissed me off so bad. I am so stressed about this. oh yeah he also had said a while back that he knows how to pass the drug tests for heroin by just drinking a lot of water. but that doesnt sound very reliable to me.

bbacic
02-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Heroin is water solluble and will leave the system within 24 hours so he should be ok! You should think about your relationship though and if he is going back to old friends,old neighborhood he will end up back where he came from just a matter of time. I hope everything does work out for you i really do if you need to talk you can pm me -K-
-Bridgett-

asweetangel99
02-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I dont know anything on the drug use, but i agree with bbacic on this. If he really wants to "change", hes going to make LIFE changes, that includes old habbits and friends if they are not healthy or safe for him or you...

bella
02-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Although generally heroin stays in your system for only 24 hours everyone's body make up is different and it can stay in a persons system for up to 72 hours.

boxersgirl
02-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the responses. I know I do have to think about this relationship if he is not willing to give up any of his old friends. He doesnt hang out with them during the week or weekends just on Fridays when he is off work and I have to work all day. I have become to hate fridays. I dont want to sound stupid but what does water solluble mean exactly. Does that mean that if he does drink a lot of water and tests the next day or the same day it wont show up in the test?

vim1946
03-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Not necessarily -- there is more than one type of heroin and some can stay in the system for up to 72 hours or longer! That's even if you have flushed with water!

richie'sgirl
03-11-2005, 02:34 PM
It depend's how they test you for drug use.
I know when I had trouble at the prison with failing the drug scanner,I had a hair test for drugs,at my insistance.
If you come into contact with any drugs,it show's on your hair for 90 day's,so I'd have thought it must stay in your system for some time.

1dayatatime
03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Boxersgirl--
How are things going?

ONE

sdylan06
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
i've always know it to take 3 days, so if he has to take it monday it is cutting it close, so the water will come in handy, but he better make sure his results don't come back "too dilute" from all the water, i know you said he's not worried, but you can buy an over the counter test, it costs maybe $20-$30, its a urine one and it will tell you if there are any traces of marijuana, opiates(heroin) or cocain, by a bar next to each drug name, i wish you luck

Jeni
03-13-2005, 03:23 PM
When my boyfriend got violated this last time it was mainly because heroin kept showing up. (maybe that's because he kept using it?) Anways- I know that it stays in your system for atleast 3 days. He would always drop dirty.

DOCSusan
03-31-2005, 05:21 AM
Hi,
As someone who played the game with the urine test and lost...Heroin and Cocaine stay for 72 hours, but they also look for the metabolites, such as quinine..Quinine is just as dirty as heroin.

DocSusan

CET
04-04-2005, 11:52 PM
quinine? I am not familiar with that except club soda says it contains quinine in it!

Jedidiah
04-05-2005, 12:06 AM
help me out with his--Sassafrass (spelling is probably wrong) cleans your system when your sick, would it also work for this. If not something from the health food stores, called Goldenrod will. I have seen it clean up the worst of the worse.

Pitstick
12-06-2009, 11:20 AM
i'm on a weekend pass from the treatment centre im at, its my last week there. and i really wanna use some heroin today (being sunday morning) is there anyway i can use, then flush my system of it for the odd chance i get a urine test tomorow? please lemme know a.s.a.p cause im guessing the earlier i do it the better. Thanks!

KeyLime44
12-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I also believe it to be 72 hours or longer.

Pitstick
12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
even if i like, drink gallons and gallons of water?

KeyLime44
12-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh and I think you shouldnt use Pitstick. Why would you mess yourself up at the end of treatment? I think you should call your sponsor. Right away!

Pitstick
12-06-2009, 11:42 AM
and take a bunch of vitamins and shit? maybe some exlax or something i dont know. this craving is rocking me, im willing to do anything really. EXCEPT fail my urine test.

Pitstick
12-06-2009, 11:44 AM
i actually tried calling my sponsor and hes not answering... great sponsor he is...

ItalianHitGirl
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't believe you are in re-hab and you're looking for a way to use and not get caught. Actually, I can believe it. Do you realize you are on a web site for the loved ones who have been left behind when our partners went to prison? You are asking us to tell you how to break the law. I don't believe many members on this site are going to be very enthusiastic about telling you how you can get away with using some heroin today.

I'm sorry that I'm not a recovering addict so I don't have a lot of advice for you other than to say, DON'T USE, but I do know that's easier said than done. If you can't get hold of your sponsor, isn't there a councilor at the program you can go to? An AA or NA meeting? Another member of the program you can talk to? Prayer? A long run, a hot shower, a shopping distraction? ANYTHING? I do know that cravings are extremely powerful but they don't last long. You need to find a way to get through this craving and perhaps someone else on this site with more experience than I can advise you how.

Don't throw your life away. I've seen it happen and it's such a waste.

EdsLady
12-06-2009, 11:58 AM
i'm on a weekend pass from the treatment centre im at, its my last week there. and i really wanna use some heroin today (being sunday morning) is there anyway i can use, then flush my system of it for the odd chance i get a urine test tomorow? please lemme know a.s.a.p cause im guessing the earlier i do it the better. Thanks!

Honey, I'm not gonna judge you, because I've done my share of drugs in the past, but, if you'r around PTO still and read stuff in here, you need to look up "TedsMom" She just lost her son to heroine, just recently, he Overdosed & was found by the sheriffs I believe, then she got that Knock on the door no one anticipates to get!!! Please, if you have family, especially children, Please think of them, get help please!! OR you will end up the same way, and I'm sure you have a lot to live for! Please read "TedsMom" information. I will pray for you in the meantime. I Love you & so does Jesus!!!! God help you & Bless you always.

Pitstick
12-06-2009, 12:14 PM
sorry if i offended anybody.. i guess this is the wrong chatroom to ask questions like that. I don't have kids, but i do have a family and a beautiful girlfriend. i know you both are right, and i know the horrors of heroin firsthand. Ive had friends die. I've been to treatment centres, i'm on methadone, nothing seems to work. i cant get out of my head, im a prisoner and im not inside anymore. thanks for words of kindness, and sorry for being ignorant.

ItalianHitGirl
12-06-2009, 12:23 PM
sorry if i offended anybody.. i guess this is the wrong chatroom to ask questions like that. I don't have kids, but i do have a family and a beautiful girlfriend. i know you both are right, and i know the horrors of heroin firsthand. Ive had friends die. I've been to treatment centres, i'm on methadone, nothing seems to work. i cant get out of my head, im a prisoner and im not inside anymore. thanks for words of kindness, and sorry for being ignorant.

You're not ignorant. You're an addict. There's a world of difference. I know the craving can overtake anything and everything around you. Nothing else matters. I get it. I'm just saying that you're recognizing that you have a craving right now rather than just impulsively using. That is great! Now you have a choice. Do you want to reach into that bag of resources and get through this craving and stop being a prisoner to your drug of choice or do you want to use and hurt eveyone else around you because you're not the only one who is affected by your using. And what if you OD? How wil you family and girlfriend feel then? You can prevent that. Only you can make the choice. But I know you're strong enough to make the right one if you want it badly enough.People do it every day. You don't have to be a prisoner to it. I wish you serenity. . .

Pitstick
12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
i know i wouldn't OD, ive been using for years and i only got enough for a point anyways. i do much more then that usually. but yea, i know. its fucked up how selfish i can be sometimes when i think i can get away with things.

calypsomom
12-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Find an NA meeting quick!! Please don't use. Even if you don't OD your family will still be hurt. It is painful, excruciatingly painful, to watch the people you love throw their life away on drugs. Don't toss away the progress you have made thus far. You deserve better, and so do your loved ones, try to remember that. Being that you are in treatment you already have been taught some tools to your recovery, use those instead. I have already said a prayer for you.

esteli
12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
i know i wouldn't OD, ive been using for years and i only got enough for a point anyways. i do much more then that usually. but yea, i know. its fucked up how selfish i can be sometimes when i think i can get away with things.

You can flush out with water, dandelion tea, or use one of the flushes they sell at the health food stores.

You know you wouldn't OD because you've been using for years? Come on! You know that isn't true.

My neighbor who I grew up with used her whole life and she quit one day but when she got back together with her ex husband she started using again. At 46 years old she was found dead from an overdose in her bathroom.

EdsLady
12-06-2009, 01:34 PM

U didn't offend me, You are only human, we're all not perfect, we're gonna make mistakes, we all have addictions of all kinds, I just care about all souls, even to people I don't know, and I just want you to know, there is a way out, I know its not easy, but you gotta have faith, if you don't have it, you find it, and ask God above to give you that strength and he will, BELIEVE THAT, and HE WILL HELP YOU!!! God works through people to help people, and if you think about it, perhaps he had me read your post for a reason to reach you my friend. Don't ignore this message from me, its God, not me, trying to reach you. Pick up a Holy Bible, start reading, and ask him to give you strength, he may not answer right away, but he will answer you soon, trust me, try it, and watch the hand of God work on you & your life. God bless you now & Forever.

aba
12-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Pitstick:

There are 'protocols' that you probably know about for people with opium addictions. Like suboxone or subutex, combined with other drugs for cravings and to ease the affects of withdrawl. But I would either go to a hospital, an NA meeting, or somewhere but if the consequences for failing your test is a return trip to prison, you should really think long and hard about how much self-destruction you'll do for a few hours of being high. Like everyone has said, it just isn't worth it....and trying to 'beat' the drug test with water or anything else is not a good strategy, and unlikely to be successful. Good luck.

Pitstick
12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
i wont be going back to jail, i wouldnt risk that. thanks for the support everyone. i'll try the water and coffee or something if i end up there. i got piss tested last week so i think its unlikely anyways, i just wanted precautions. i'm not religious in anyway, but i appreciate the prayers. I'm trying the rational recovery since NA and AA is to much god stuff for me.

ItalianHitGirl
12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
i wont be going back to jail, i wouldnt risk that. thanks for the support everyone. i'll try the water and coffee or something if i end up there. i got piss tested last week so i think its unlikely anyways, i just wanted precautions. i'm not religious in anyway, but i appreciate the prayers. I'm trying the rational recovery since NA and AA is to much god stuff for me.

You say you won't be going back to jail because you "wouldn't risk that" in one sentence, then in the next you say you'll try a water/coffee flush if you end up using. How is chosing to use ""NOT risking jail?" It's a huge risk. You could be randomly tested any time. Do you think it's fair to abandon your girlfriend and leave her all alone out here for god knows how long while you're sitting in jail just so you could get high? There are people here trying to help you and if religion isn't your thing, so be it. You don't have to believe in God to pass a drug test. You just have to stay clean.

EdsLady
12-06-2009, 02:39 PM

I'll tell you what, you don't need to be religious in anyway, and thanks for appreciating the prayers, but one day you will meet the maker, I promise you that. For now, I will continue to pray for you & all others who are going through what you're going through. Remember, its gonna get Rougher, before it can get any better, hopefully, you'll be able to wake up and see one day exactly what it is you need to see to recover from your addiction. I wish you the best. Good luck. At least keep hope in your heart.

LeBeau
12-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Don't be a fool!
It's not worth what it would cost.
72 hours is an AVERAGE for opiates but it depends a lot on your individual body type, metabolism, liver function and other factors.... You really want to blow it NOW, with only a week to go?
If you don't want to get clean, that's your lookout, I suppose (Though your slot at the treatment center could've been left for someone who actually DOES want their life back.) but to use today, when the stakes are high, would be a stupid move....
And no, I do not believe you do want to get clean... not if you're here asking how to get away with getting high instead of seeking out help in handling the jonesing....Get some orange juice, some Tension Tamer tea (available at any grocery store) and some high protien snacks, but for the love of mike, do not go score!

MarkAlan
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
My prayers are with you Boxer... You don't need us to tell you what you need to do...
It is what it is... and WE are here for you...
Blessings... Mark Alan

LeBeau
12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
The thread is from 2005 & Boxersgirl has not posted since 2007, so chances are thin that she'll see any message here.

Another member has revived the thread tyring to find out how he can get high without getting busted.

crazy2010
07-13-2010, 08:43 AM
I know for a fat that flushing does not always work. Your own metabolism plays a big part on how fast a drug leaves your system. Water soluble mean disolves in water. I don't recommend trying to beat drug testing. If there is to much water the test will show tampering and they count that as dirty!

Mtwitch
10-26-2010, 05:34 AM
I don't know what to do anymore I been addicted to haroin for over 5 years and in April I was sent to county jail for burglary and a bunch over other stuff. As well. I got out June or July I found a connect like a month after and started useing again off and on. And then i started everyday again on the beging of this month. I got sentenced this month on the 13. Now I have all this shit I have to do one major thing is drug court and I don't know what to do I need HELP. if I don't do something soon ill end up in prison.

patchouli
10-26-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't know what to do anymore I been addicted to haroin for over 5 years and in April I was sent to county jail for burglary and a bunch over other stuff. As well. I got out June or July I found a connect like a month after and started useing again off and on. And then i started everyday again on the beging of this month. I got sentenced this month on the 13. Now I have all this shit I have to do one major thing is drug court and I don't know what to do I need HELP. if I don't do something soon ill end up in prison.

Can your attorney ask for rehab, with Drug Court to follow your completion of said rehab? Drug Court here is tough with drug tests at least three time a week at first (and for a while). Ask for help! Good luck to you, you can do this :thumbsup: Welcome to PTO! :)

suziek
10-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Heroin metabolizes pretty fast. The problem is that the metabolites (morphine and codeine) may still show up and those positives might be red flags on the test.

Lordbew/us
10-26-2010, 12:35 PM

I am very sorry to hear your dilemia. Only you can stop this maddness. Stop burning your bridges before it is too late.
My youngest son is addicted to heroin and all I can say is it has been a living HELL for our family.
He's been in and out of rehabs and even jail these past three years. It is gut wrenching. My husband and I have finally learned that there is NOT one thing we can do to keep him from using.
It is hard to let go and watch him destroy his life if he chooses.
I know how difficult it is to stay clean, but you have to get to a point that you are soooo DAMNED sick and tired of a drug ruling your life.
Just like my husband and I, we are damned sick of living this life with our son. We will always love him but we are tired of this merry go round. We have a choice too, and that is to let go or be dragged.
I wish you the best.
You are worried about ending up in prison...wake up now and realize that GOD has been watching over you. Ultimately He gives you the freedom to choose and will never force himself on you. Everytime you have escaped the wrath of the court system that is GOD allowing you a second chance at life...please take it and run. I am totally convinced that drugs are being used by the devil to ruin our young peoples lives. Look where you are at in your life, YOU deserve better!!! Believe in yourself.
I wish the same thing for my son.

My warmest wishes to you!

Mtwitch
11-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Can your attorney ask for rehab, with Drug Court to follow your completion of said rehab? Drug Court here is tough with drug tests at least three time a week at first (and for a while). Ask for help! Good luck to you, you can do this :thumbsup: Welcome to PTO! :)

Yea I'm going to idt now o start tomorrow and I just got out of jail Monday and glass didn't want to let me out but they got me out. There is four. To six month wait rite now for a bed if I give one more dirty ua ill be in ccdc for that amount of time. And thank you I needed this I like this

patchouli
11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Please spend this 6 month wait attending any/all AA/NA meetings you can possibly attend. Or an outpatient group of some sort. They'll give you a sponsor that you can call when you are having a hard time not using. It might be a pain in the arse, but it still beats jail/prison. Stay strong sweetie!

BetterAskWho
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
[about 3 days.

QUOTE=boxersgirl;1000627]I was just wondering how long heroin will show up in a drug test. I have a feeling my husband used on Friday when he was off work and hanging around with his loser friends. He was short $10.00 and he looked a little high to me and during the night he was scratching himself all night and talking in his sleep which he hasnt done in a long time. He has to randomly take drug tests for his probation and today his code came up so he has to go and take one. He doesnt seem stressed about it at all but I am cuz I cant do this again if he violates and goes back to prison. He has been doing so good that I know of. He used about a month ago when he first got out and I went off and threw him out and all that and he hasnt used since then. (that I know of - but i take him to work and pick him up and he usually gives me all his money for the bills but this week he made a little extra and kept some and when i counted it he was short $10.00 after he had been with his friends). We had a big argument on Sunday about his loser friends but he said those are his friends and he's not changing them. he doesnt hang out with his friends but they call him all the time and with this job he has now he is off on fridays and so are they so one of them took the bus to go and hang out with him. pissed me off so bad. I am so stressed about this. oh yeah he also had said a while back that he knows how to pass the drug tests for heroin by just drinking a lot of water. but that doesnt sound very reliable to me.[/QUOTE]

bunnybunny
02-23-2011, 11:59 PM
I know this thread is old, but it's really a reminder of how powerful the urge to hurt oneself can be. And how many resources are out there if you DONT want to hurt yourself.

I think that's why they say have like, twenty phone numbers in your pocket at all time, so if one sponsor is out, you keep going down the list until you get someone on the phone.

It's also also such an old saw that the 12 steps are too God-based.... God can be anything. A rock, the sky. Just the idea that something is larger than little old you and little old you's little problems. At least it's that for this little old me.

Just some thoughts. Peace and love to all this evening. I hope Pitstick and anyone else who struggles with these demons has since reached out to others and gotten to a better place in their hearts and souls and minds.

Bunny

junkh3ad4422
10-05-2011, 02:37 PM

dude i've been using heroin for almost 5 years and quit 2 years ago, i did it with my free will and after i only messed up once and that too cause i came across an old friend who i used to do it with and i still remember how good it felt when i did it again but i don't know maybe i have a guardian angel or something but my mom found out about it the next morning. i woke up and i went straight for the baggie but it wasn't where i had kept it and i knew that i was caught. and then my mom and sister they sat me down and took me down memory lane and i realized that yes the high was great but the pain that follows is much greater not just for you but for your family and friends. from that moment on i swore to myself that i would never do it again and touch wood i haven't. i'm telling you from experience that all its going to take is one drag or one prick and you'll be hooked on it again. so the best thing to do is not to try it again cause whoever's ever used heroin knows that there is no drug that can give you the same high as it does but theres a heavy cost attached to it and trust me once you're clean for a year you'll feel so liberated and free as you wont be dependent on anything. so my friend i can understand the urge you might have but just fight it and trust me you're going to love yourself for not doing it again. take care dude and best of luck for the future, just remember in the end it's all in your head you just have to have complete control of your mind. heroin addiction is 50% physical and 50% psychological so dont let your mind control you instead you control your mind. peace