View Full Version : Question on visitation form...SIS or SES Probation? Missouri MO

WhoBDat
02-18-2005, 02:10 AM
First I'd like to say, Thank You for such a Fabulous site.. This is my first time posting, so bare with me.... My Kim has sent me a visitation form, to visit her in WERDCC... All the questions are pretty much self-explained, except for the "Have you previously been under probation supervision"?? YES... NO... TYPE: SIS or SES ..... Now I'm not sure what the SIS or SES stands for?? (please forgive my ignorance!) I have been convicted of a felony in 87 (class D), 30days in jail, 1yr probation, and fines/fees..... But I don't recall, there being any "SIS/SES" involved....
I know if I leave this blank, they will deny my application..
ANY ADVICE will be Greatly appreciated..... Thank You..... Cliff

boux1969
02-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to this question, but I would suggest that you contact her case worker. Then you'll know exactly what they want. Good luck to you!

Ken
02-21-2005, 04:00 AM
A "Suspended Imposition of Sentence" (SIS) probation is generally available for Class B Misdemeanor DWI / BAC offenses in many counties in Missouri, which means if you plead guilty, you will be given a sentence that is "suspended," and you will be placed on probation for two years by law. If you successfully complete your probationary period, the conviction will not "show" on your permanent record. However, the courts will see this in their internal record keeping, and will treat it as a prior offense should you receive another similar violation in the future.

It should be noted that many rural counties in Missouri do not offer such lenient terms as offered by an SIS probation for DWI / BAC offenses, even for first time offenses. Boone County Missouri, in particular, is a notorious example of one of several counties which will force you to plead up to the court even on first time offenses, and receive no probation with a Class B Misdemeanor conviction showing on your record, or will give an Suspended Execution of Sentence (SES) probation. An SES probation means you will be placed on probation for two years, and if you successfully complete the SES probation you can usually avoid jail time, but the Class B Misdemeanor conviction will show on your record at the end of the probationary period even where it is completed successfully, i.e., an SES only avoids jail time and carries all the other penalties the same as if you plead guilty without an attorney.

http://www.dui-dwi.com/missouri-dui-attorney-guilfoil/missouri-dwi-general-law.html

Hope this helps....

WhoBDat
02-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Thank You for the replies!!!!!!!!!! I was getting "Overly" anxious, waiting for a reply.. That I contacted Missouri Corrections, and they pretty much stated just what Teb did...
Which relieved the Anxiety of filling out the visitation, NOW the real anxiety kicks in waiting for the approval.. Again THANK YOU, for the help and advice...... Cliff

kjh4kjg
03-30-2005, 12:03 AM
for the record.....your individual case would be listed in your "judgement and sentence" section of you court documents......my fiance had both an SIS/SES judgement......which is why he is screwed now.......it was listed in the docket entries of his case file.......

hope this helped??????

kjh4kjg
03-30-2005, 12:07 AM
www.case.net (http://www.case.net) (missouri court cases listed by litigant name, case number, etc.)

www.circuit7.net (http://www.circuit7.net)
missouri circuit seven (clay, jackson counties.....etc) You can find this one on the clay county, missouri website.......

interesting material.........