View Full Version : Visitation At Garza West - Texas Prison Unit

JR'SGIRL
03-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

My man just got transferred to Garza West on the 2nd of this month. Does anyone know if there is a waiting period before they are allowed visits (non-contact)? Because, I know for a contact visit it's 90 days.

earthangel184
03-11-2005, 01:52 AM
No there is no waitin period for regular visits, as long as they have turned in their list and you are on it, visits begin immediatly. My hubby got there on a thursday and i was about to see him a week and a half later, so we only missed one weekend. Call this number and ask for the records department, they will let you know anything you need! :) 361-358-9890
~ange

JR'SGIRL
03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
THANKS ALOT for the info, I'm sooo excited. :)

earthangel184
03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh yeah, ALWAYS make sure you call friday after noon (after about 12-1 pm) cause they could have transfered him. Glad i can help :)

~ange

shiloh
03-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I just wanted to say that I had my first contact visit with my son after being incarcerated since 9/3/04. He has been in Garza West since 12/5/04. It was the best day of my life. He held me tighter and longer than he has ever held me before. I thought I was going to play it cool and be composed when he came out but that all blew out the window when I saw him walk through the door. He has the most beautiful smile and I saw every tooth when he came out, he was smiling ear to ear. I had my moment that I broke down but his loving arms wrapped around me as if to say, "it will be ok mom". He is my only son, my only child. He felt wonderful. He was very quiet and leery when he first sat down. I guess that is because he had not been in the general public since he was locked up and kinda freaking out. I think he was waiting for someone to tell him what to do or maybe it was the fear of getting into trouble for breathing...... He even got into trouble when they brought him out because he had a mint in his mouth. Get real! They wrote him up for that. Lost some weight because he has been sick with the flu and TDC isn't very thoughtful when it comes to curing the sick. All in all yesterday was definately a blessing....Thank you Lord for watching over my son.

bwalls
07-24-2005, 11:49 PM
I am glad that your visit with your son went well. I will get a contact visit with my son in about a month and I can't wait. I haven't hugged or touched him since March 28, 2005.

gurlnextdoor
07-27-2005, 12:02 AM
My hubby is at garza west and his 90 days are over next Friday (Aug. 5th)...i am so excited because we havent seen each other since we got married last month! Plus his birthday is next wednesday too so I already know he is as excited as I am to see each other!!! All I know is that I cant wait to hug him and get kiss by him!! :o

smellysgurl2005
08-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

My man just got transferred to Garza West on the 2nd of this month. Does anyone know if there is a waiting period before they are allowed visits (non-contact)? Because, I know for a contact visit it's 90 days.

Tina_n_Simon
08-21-2005, 01:56 PM
hey if he had you on the list already your fine or just put you it take up to 2 to 6 weeks. But if he just got in there and was some where else but didnt have you on it he has to be in there system 6 months to put you on . ok
this is to smellygurl2005
Tina_n_Simon

new2this
03-15-2006, 07:40 PM
do the 90 days start from the moment he is transferred or from what day?

bwalls
03-15-2006, 10:54 PM
I believe it was from 90 days of being in any unit of TDCJ. You can call Garza West and they will tell you.

new2this
03-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks Beth. I get my FIRST conatct visit June 15th! I CANT WAIT TO HOLD MY BABY!!!! Do you know if we can kiss?

Texasfem
04-04-2006, 07:56 PM
I just wanted to say that I had my first contact visit with my son after being incarcerated since 9/3/04. He has been in Garza West since 12/5/04. It was the best day of my life. He held me tighter and longer than he has ever held me before. I thought I was going to play it cool and be composed when he came out but that all blew out the window when I saw him walk through the door. He has the most beautiful smile and I saw every tooth when he came out, he was smiling ear to ear. I had my moment that I broke down but his loving arms wrapped around me as if to say, "it will be ok mom". He is my only son, my only child. He felt wonderful. He was very quiet and leery when he first sat down. I guess that is because he had not been in the general public since he was locked up and kinda freaking out. I think he was waiting for someone to tell him what to do or maybe it was the fear of getting into trouble for breathing...... He even got into trouble when they brought him out because he had a mint in his mouth. Get real! They wrote him up for that. Lost some weight because he has been sick with the flu and TDC isn't very thoughtful when it comes to curing the sick. All in all yesterday was definately a blessing....Thank you Lord for watching over my son.
THAT WAS TRULY A BEAUTIFUL STORY. I CAN'T WAIT TILL i AM ABLE TO HUG AND LOVE ON MY SON AGAIN. I wish both you and your son the best.

tazzie
04-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I know exactly how you felt. It was the same when I got to hug my son again. Not too much a mom likes better than hugging her children.

Rachel
04-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Shiloh,
What a beautiful story!

mrburk
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey there,I had a visit with my son last weekend and he was just transfered from harris county here in houston on march 22.Bring lots of quarters you can by him drinks and snacks and get there as early as you can visits start at 8:00.I got there at 7;50 and was inside waiting on my son by 9:45.The visit is two hours and you have a phone you can talk on which is great especially if you just came from county.It took about 31/2 hours to get there and all the guards were really nice,my son said the same thing.told me it was nice to be treated like a human being again.If I can help let me know and good luck to you and your man.Peace out,MaryRose

shelton2712
07-20-2012, 01:40 PM
My husband just got to garza west this past monday, i was told that i couldnt get any kind of visit for 30 to 60 days, ive heard alot of different stories though