View Full Version : Texas Inmate Information - Still in the stone ages! - UPDATED

David
02-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Here is TDCJ's excuse for helping you to locate people locked in their dungeons.. Maybe one day they will get with it??
I know some people in Texas don't want it published but think of the benefits..

:rolleyes:

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice - Offender Information (http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender_information.htm)

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender_information.htm

Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Offender Information

Offender Information requests may be made by telephone or e-mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requests by telephone

Automated system answers 24 hours a day; offices are open 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.You may call the following numbers to find out an offender's status:

*NOTE: If you do not know the offender's TDCJ number you must provide EXACT date of birth of offender for telephone requests

Offender Parole Status Line--800-535-0283 (Toll-free # within Texas only)
Offender Parole Status Line--Austin, 512-406-5202, Huntsville, 936-291-2106
Offender Locator Line--Huntsville, 936-295-6371

Requests by E-mail (for telephone, see directly above)

General Offender Information Only

The following information is available (be specific in your email what you are requesting):

TDCJ number
Offender location
Offense history
Incarceration history
Projected Release Date (see definition below)
E-mail to this address classify@tdcj.state.tx.us the offender's full name and 7-digit TDCJ number. If you do not know the TDCJ number, provide the exact date of birth (if d.o.b. is not known, provide their approximate age and county of conviction).

** Please include offender's name in subject line of e-mail**

There is no charge for this service. This information is NOT available on the TDCJ website and all online inquiries must be made through e-mail. Photographs and social security numbers of offenders will not be provided to the public.

Parole Questions & Problems

** Please include offender's name in subject line of e-mail**

For questions or concerns regarding parole supervision, parolee location, parole review process, and parolee conduct contact: parole.info@tdcj.state.tx.us

For questions or concerns regarding executive clemency (full pardon information, medical reprieve, and commutation of sentence), special review, and Board of Pardons and Paroles issues contact: bpp-pio@tdcj.state.tx.us

For Parole Division Open Records Requests, please submit to: parole.pio@tdcj.state.tx.us
Due to the high volume of e-mails received, it may take up to six weeks to receive a response. If you require a quicker response time, please try the telephone request line. If your request/concern is an emergency please note in the subject line.

* Projected release date is determined by the offense date and the nature of the offense. Offenses committed prior to 9-1-96, that are by Law eligible for Mandatory Supervision, will be released on their projected release date if they are not paroled.

Offenses committed 9-1-96 or after, that are by Law eligible for Mandatory Supervision, will be released at the discretion of BPP. For offenders not approved for release by BPP, or that are not eligible for Mandatory Supervision, the projected release date will be their discharge date.

For further information, see: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/definitions/definitions-home.htm#Projected

Page Updated: March 16, 2004

RONNAG
02-01-2003, 02:10 AM
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO!!!!! I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM I DO NOT HAVE HIS SEVEN DIGIT # SO WHAT WILL I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT?

lulu
02-01-2003, 09:36 AM
You do ( most times) have to have his number.

LadyHawk
02-01-2003, 10:29 AM
I've been told if you have his birthday they can still locate him for you. I would call the number Fed-ex posted and give them his name and birthdate and see if they can help you. Good luck and I hope you can locate him.

softheart
02-01-2003, 10:30 AM
I don't think they will ever get it right David. It has never made sense to me, that you can get all the information you want on anyone on DR in texas on the website. But can't find out anything on anyone else in TDCJ on the website.

softie

lulu
02-01-2003, 10:42 AM
He hit it on the nail when he said stone ages...lol

Lysbeth
06-16-2003, 03:48 AM
I recopied and repasted the info from the TDCJ website in the original post above since one of the phone numbers had changed since it was initially posted... they have also now removed the previous reference to the possibility of online search (figures)...

The web address for the page is:

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice - Offender Information (http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender_info.htm)

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender_info.htm

psr
12-28-2003, 04:51 PM
The email address fro "General Offender Information" is now listed as: classify@tdcj.state.tx.us You need their name and TDCJ number OR their name and date of birth OR their name approximate age AND county of conviction. I don't know if it works but I did send an email today, hopefully I'll hear back soon. (You can receive TDCJ number, Offender location, Offense history, Incarceration history, and/or Projected Release Date)

lovinbilly4ever
01-09-2004, 01:14 PM
You will need to know the offender's name and 7-digit TDCJ number or their full name, date of birth (or approximate age), and county of conviction.

i had to email the people @ tdcj and it took them a good 3 weeks to get back to me. so dont expect to get a response the next day (as i did) you can also get their next parole hearing date in the email..

soraya
01-25-2004, 11:42 PM
only 3 weeks? I emailed them like 2 months ago, all concerned, since I thought there was a huge chance that my friend committed suicide. Still no word from them, but luckly I've heard back from my friend

Lady Wabbit
08-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I live in Oklahoma but my husband is in Gatesville...is there direct line 24 hours also?

MoMo
08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
its an automated line. you have to have the inmate id number to use the automated line. if you don't have that then you have to call mon-friday 8-5pm

cjSweetwater
09-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah...and they do not keep their automated line up to date either. I have written several people at the locations that they have told me that they were at and they had either been released or transferred. Then I couldn't find out where they were transferred to. It seem to take them months to change the info. Keep trying and be persistent. Maybe if you can get ahold of a live person they will have a little compassion and help...It's just plain wrong!

Leti
08-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi my husband was in harris county jail for two weeks before he was transfered to a Texas state jail to do 1 yr but i have not heard from him since his transfer and do not know where he is . I have tried to find out but no luck I have e-mailed and called so many places and people including the e-mails on here but no answer they just tell me that it will take 2-3 weks to get his # and get where he is at ,because thats how long it takes to proces him. does anyone know anything about this? Is this true? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :o