Amy
04-05-2005, 03:02 PM
KCCF Kemper/Neshoba County Correctional Facility

Warden: Ed Hargett
Chief Operations Officer: Johnny Crockett

300 Industrial Park Road DeKalb, MS 39328
Phone: (601) 743-5767
MDOC Compliance Officer: Bobby Twiner (601) 359- 5727

Website full of information about KNRCF: www.knrcf.org (http://www.knrcf.org)

ScoobynScrappy
05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Does anybody know anything about getting married in this facility?

PTO-29412
05-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Call (601) 743-5767

Ask for the chaplains department, and they can give you all the required information!

This facility is about 10 minutes from my home!

ScoobynScrappy
06-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Call (601) 743-5767

Ask for the chaplains department, and they can give you all the required information!

This facility is about 10 minutes from my home!

Thanks, I did just that.... I sent off my marriage application and im waiting on an answer!!!! Im keeping my fingers crossed!!!

jessnkat
06-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Good Luck, Amanda!! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you too!!

mathis106
09-02-2006, 06:48 PM
How Long Does It Take To Find Out And How Much Iis It

PTO-29412
09-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Call and speak with the chaplains department and they can tell you

ChiefSmith
09-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Yes, we have a new chaplain, and hew is doing a wonderful job. Give him a call.

ChiefSmith
09-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I am Marcus Smith, the Deputy Warden at Kemper-Neshoba Regional Correctional Facility. If there is anything you need additional information on, just post it or visit our website at knrcf.org. I am also the website designer, so I have created a Visitor Registration form that can be filled out online along with other visitpr information. I'll take any feedback on the site.

California Sunshine
10-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Welcome Cheif I am sure our members will be happy to have your knowledge here!

PTO-29412
10-01-2006, 01:54 PM
ChiefSmith,

Welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum! We hope to utilize all of your knowledge here!!

mathis106
10-01-2006, 03:58 PM
welcome ChiefSmith MY boyfriend is at k.n.r.c.f he like it .

jessnkat
10-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Welcome to PTO and the Mississippi Forum, Cheif Smith!! Your knowledge and input will be valuable to our members with loved ones in your facility. Thanks for taking the time to join PTO and I hope to see you around often!

ChiefSmith
11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
So your boyfriend is at KNRCF? How's he seem to be getting along there? What is his name? I'll be sure and keep him out of trouble!

PTO-29412
11-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey all!

I wanted to take a moment and let you all know that I talked on the phone today to Chief Smith - he is an extremly kind hearted, and passionate man, and will answer any questions you may have and help you as much as he is able.

He is the legitimate thing! And he is sincere about wanting to help.

THANK YOU Chief Smith for everything you are doing to better the prison conditions at KNRCF!

TONYA WILSON
03-15-2007, 06:26 PM
My Brother Is Currently At Knrcf. His Name Is Michael Dyson. It Has Been Really Hard On Our Family To Have Him So Far Away(it Is Over 3 Hrs One Way). Everyone In This Facility Seemed Very Nice Upon My One Visitation To My Brother. I Wouldn't Mind Meeting This Chief Warden Everyone Is Talking About. Any Advice Of Support OR Encouragement Anyone?

Mrs.Glamma
03-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Tanya,
Welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum; glad you found us. I don't know this facility but wanted to say that I am sorry for the hardship on your family, but good that your brother is in a good facility.
Hope you'll pop in to the Hospitality Lounge for support and banter.
If there is anything any of us can help you with, please ask!
D

I-Care
03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
KNRCF!!! I have heard nothing but good things as well about this facility and I only WISH my "Love One" could be in such a caring facility or had the oppurtunity to be in one. There are not many choices for a woman in for a life sentence even though she is not a "trouble maker", especially if she is coded a medical class 4 and too sick to work. Just remember we are not asking for "Holiday Inn" treatment, just "humane" would be nice. Everytime I hear of something good they get to eat or good medical attention I get excited!!!! I am serious!!

Nice to hear from you Chief Smith and I am THRILLED to see you here. This shows me some one who REALLY CARES!! That is what it is all about. AGAIN thanks for your support and assistance. Hope that your zeal and compassion catches on like "wild fire" and that nothing but good comes from all your efforts. I have some "friends" at your facility that I have met with my volunteer work with Mississippi CURE Inc.

Tonya, I know it is worth that drive to know he is at such a good facility.

"I-Care"

TONYA WILSON
03-17-2007, 01:22 PM
I Want To Thank You All For Your Encouragement. Unfortunately, I Just Found Out My Bro Is Being Sent To Parchman.:( We Do Not Know Exactly When. I Have Been Researching This Place, And I Am Very Scared For Him. It Seems To Be A Much Worse Place Than He Is Now. I Just Hope He Can Keep Out Of Trouble And Get To Come Home Soon. Good Luck To Everyone Who Has A Loved One In Any Kind Of Prison. I Know How Hard It Is To Keep Your Chin Up. You Just Want Them To Be Treated With Kindness And Respect. Thank You Again Everyone.

I-Care
03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh Tonya... I really hate to hear this but MAYBE just MAYBE he can go back to this facility later... I know MANY that survive Parchman and many here can tell you it is not the best choice but he can make it. With loving family he will..

How much further of a drive will this be for you all?? Guess now these messages need to be moved because no longer will he be at a "Private prison". Just answering your comment.. Join us on the Hospitality section as well.

sfh
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I am Marcus Smith, the Deputy Warden at Kemper-Neshoba Regional Correctional Facility. If there is anything you need additional information on, just post it or visit our website at knrcf.org. I am also the website designer, so I have created a Visitor Registration form that can be filled out online along with other visitpr information. I'll take any feedback on the site.

I have a son in prison in MS and he is interested in possibly being transfered to Kemper Co. because it would be so much closer for all of his family to visit. We live near Knoxville TN. We travel about 600 miles one way to see him at Wilkinson CO. I first want to see if this prison is similar to where he is. I know it sounds like I think I am shopping around for a prison for my son, but I would prefer drive the distance if he would be getting into a prison where he may have more problems. He is in the faith based cell block and is really doing very well. I do not want to mess that up. Please get back with me if you have information that may help us in this situation.
Sincerely, Concerned Mom

Mrs.Glamma
05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I have heard nothing but good about this facility.
I checked the website. If you haven't take a look.

http://knrcf.org/index.htm

I-Care
05-05-2008, 07:19 AM
I also have heard nothing but good about this facility.. ONLINE VISITOR FORMS!!! I guess I missed this message way back in Oct. of last year.. That is a MARVELOUS idea. The one's from CMCF have to be personally signed by everyone. I am going to check out the webiste now... Thanks Glamma and keep up the good work Chief Smith.. By the way Chief Smith have you had the oppurtuntity yet to meet with Mississippi UCRE Inc. Support Group Leader for that area?? "patticake 1954" on PTO!! What a great lady!! She is just getting started in this area and I am sure she would love getting to speak with you. MS CURE Support Groups try to help the families of love one's incarcerated.

I just viewed the Web Site.. It is well done and is something each faily who has a love one there needs to see... THANKS AGAIN!!

sfh
05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
:confused: I have questions about the Kemper-Neshoba facility. Is there anyone who has any recent info? My son is in another prison in MS and wants to be moved closer to home. I just do not want to move him around unless it will be as good or better than where he currently is All of you are such brave souls, God had to know how strong we would need to be, because this is a very heavy load to bear. God Bless each of you.

PTO-29412
05-15-2008, 11:05 AM
What facility is he currently in?

Julskm1
01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi, I know these post are extremely out-dated, but my husband is currently housed at l.c.c.f. He is being discriminated against because he is a Muslim. He recently recieved his first RVR because he wore a beinie hat in a "restricted area". He has only been there a year. He was originially classified as C then, with re-classification, he got to A. Now of course, in light of the offense, he is now B. Does he have a hope of transfering and would Kemper be a good move for him. The drive is longer but as long as he is treated fairly, we don't care of the drive. please advise.