View Full Version : Does anyone know how to get rid of collect call block?

MsStacey
04-09-2005, 07:32 PM
My boyfriend can't get a hold of me because MCI put a block on my phone. He was able to call me collect from prison the other day...? I need to talk to him tonight and don't know how he can get a hold of me. (I just had surgery yesterday,) Can anyone offer any advice? :(

lstreeval
04-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Call Correctional Billing. I don't have their number off hand, but they are on the web. They run 99% of the country's billing from correctional facilities. They have an automated system that is very helpful. Should take care of the problem.

Lisa

1dayatatime
04-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Call MCI and see whats up, hold on and I will try and find the number.

ONE

1dayatatime
04-09-2005, 07:43 PM
1-800-231-0193 thats the MCI number for prison calls. They should be able to tell you what the reason is for the block.

ONE

Jimmy's baby
04-09-2005, 07:45 PM
MCI blocks calls usually when your bill is high and you haven't paid the bill or they are worried about you not paying it. Every month I get a call from the high toll department, and I verify the charges. They have never blocked my calls. I would call the customer service line. Good luck!:)

MsStacey
04-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh, thank you so much for the help!!! I hope they're available right now to take this block off so I can have him call!!!!

1dayatatime
04-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I think they are available this late, I believe I have called at this hour. Give them a sob story if they are being butts. Let them know you just had surgery and you know----lay it on thick!

I hope you get your call.
ONE

brownshuga27
04-09-2005, 07:51 PM
the best thing to do is call MCI and ask them to take the block off. most of the time they will let a couple calls come through, then after that they will put a block on the line,(especially when getting calls from a prison) and do a credit check and give you a credit limit on the amount of calls you can get. call them and find out why they blocked your line. hope everything works out.

1dayatatime
04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Did you get thru Stacey?

brownshuga27
04-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Correctional Billing's Number Is 1800-844-6591

MsStacey
04-09-2005, 07:59 PM
thank you for that other number. the first one i was given says that MCI is closed. i'll try this 800-844-6591 number now and let you know what happens!!

1dayatatime
04-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Stacey--what time is it? They are open til 11pm eastern time zone----sorry. Maybe it will get taken care of in the am.

HUGS!!
ONE

MsStacey
04-09-2005, 08:04 PM
It's only 9 p.m here. I called the number and it said they closed at 6 p.m! :(

1dayatatime
04-09-2005, 08:08 PM
thats strange!! its says thanks for calling blah blah 11pm---then it starts speaking in spanish......?>>>?>!!!!??

Ok call your local phone company and see if they can help you , probably not but hey its worth a shot.

MsStacey
04-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Thank you. For anyone else who needs it, that number is 1-800-844-6591. It's the same as the MCI prison calls number. They're open 8 a.m to 6 p.m on weekends.

Now I just wonder what will happen when the block is lifted. I live 5 hours away from him and he won't know to try and call me again. He's also headed for 'the hole' next week, so it would have been nice to talk to him tonight.

MsStacey
04-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh, my blood is boiling! MCI won't lift the block off my phone because I owe $114 (big whoop) and I have to wait for my local phone bill to come, pay the bill, then call MCI so they can verify (with my local phone company) that my bill has been paid before they'll even consider lifting the block.

Nice hassle!

1dayatatime
04-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Cant you can the local phone company and pay by phone--like with a check, credit card or debit card and go from there?

One

ErinVA
04-13-2005, 01:41 PM
MCI will block you if they do not receive your payment by the date specified on your bill. You will have to call to have it removed - and probably have a 'call limit' for a couple months (like a limit of 4 calls for month) - that happened to us. You may look into switching phone carriers - some carriers won't include MCI on your bill (as is probably your case, i am assuming) - in those instances - MCI can & will block you if you pay one day late. We switched phone companies (used to have Cavalier & now we have Cox *it's a cable company*) - and now we have NO problems with calls being blocked - because the "MCI" calls COME on the Cox bill (no more seperate bill from Cox). It is GREAT!

ernies girl 98
12-06-2006, 04:54 AM
does verizon phone service have blocks from prison? is there any way to find out ahead of time how to remove blocks?

MartysGirl05
12-06-2006, 09:50 AM
You should be able to call your phone company and make a payment over the phone. It might take a day or 2 to post to the account. I don't know if you have any kind of prepaid service plan for the collect calls, but we do here in Washington. FSH communications.. the number is 1800 913 6097. I just had a block on my phone as of yesterday. I set up that account last night, and my boyfriend was able to call without a problem within a few hours.

Good luck!

MrsBenji
12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
does verizon phone service have blocks from prison? is there any way to find out ahead of time how to remove blocks?

If you are receiving calls from a facility (state facility) there in CA, then MCI is the provider for most facilities there. If you contact your home phone provider, Verizon, and they state your line is clear, you should be fine, but MCI is likely to require you to set up an account with them if you receive more than a very few calls.

Jenn

xfALAEx
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
so i was wondering.?? if the collect call is block?? and the phone doesn't accept block calls,then an inmate wouldn't get a hold of you??

MrsBenji
12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
If there is a block and/or the phone can't/doesn't accept collect calls, no--the calls won't go through. (Unless it's prepaid by you or him.)

Jenn

Doc's Sis
12-14-2006, 04:36 AM
My line was blocked last week and I dialed 800-231-0193. It was an automated thing which asked me to enter my #, which I did. The voice then told me there was a 'casual' block (whatever that means). Then the voice asked me if I wanted the block removed. Duh. I pressed the correct # on the phone to say YES and the voice then told me the block would be removed within two hours. That was very easy! Try it.

Now if your block is due to nonpayment, then it may not work that easily, but it doesn't hurt to try.

xfALAEx
12-18-2006, 10:58 AM
o really?? i didn't know that.yea i'll try it.i guess it won't hurt. THANKS!!!

mrsdelgado1
04-15-2008, 01:40 AM
i have a question i currently am staying in ensenada baja california in mexico and my husband is in ca. rehab. center in norco how can i receive collect calls from him