View Full Version : Georgia Parole Grid Sheet

tata6774
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the new georgia parole grid sheet?

gapeach_00
04-22-2007, 03:07 PM
I had no idea there was a new one .. I have tried several attempts to find any geogia grid sheet with no luck at all .. Like you I hope someone can help us. I really need to check it out .:)

Kat
04-22-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/ after this page opens click on links then type grid in the box..I hope this helps you if you need more help let me know

Kat
04-22-2007, 11:15 PM
I just got a pm about the new grid as in 2006.Here is what is says,I hope this helps you all

The application of the Parole Decision Guidelines to the circumstances of the offender's case begins with a Board Hearing Examiner identifying the offender's Crime Severity Level from a table of offenses ranked in seven levels for offenses committed prior to 2006, and eight levels for offenses committed on or after January 1, 2006. The higher the severity level of the offense, the more serious the Parole Board views the crime.

kam1234
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/Crime_Severity_Levels_1-2006.pdf

for crimes commited after 1/2006

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/Crime_Severity_Levels_pre-2006.pdf
for crimes commited before 2006

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/Parole_Decision_Guidelines_Grid.pdf
guidelines

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/PAROLE_SUCCESS_SCORE_2006.pdf
score chart

this is what's on there as of today. is this what you were looking for?

kwiggins
04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Can anyone tell me what level a simple battery misdemeanor fall into?

A's Precious
04-28-2007, 11:37 PM
My fiance has a life sentence with parole. He told me lifers don't have a grid sheet, so what can I look at to figure out if he will parole next year?

sanders01
05-02-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/Crime_Severity_Levels_1-2006.pdf

for crimes commited after 1/2006

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/Crime_Severity_Levels_pre-2006.pdf
for crimes commited before 2006

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/Parole_Decision_Guidelines_Grid.pdf
guidelines

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/export/sites/default/resources/PAROLE_SUCCESS_SCORE_2006.pdf
score chart

this is what's on there as of today. is this what you were looking for?

this help alot...my fiance violate parole about 2 -3 times, for the came charge, possesion of cocaine, i wonder will he be eligible for parole again, hsi sentence was 4 years, no voilent crimes, when I do the grid sheet, it says he can be eligible for parole after he does 1 year and 3 month, but they gave him credit for 8 months, do the eight come off the front or back, i hope they grant parole , he was trying this time, can you recall someone getting parole for the 4th time...but anyway GOD BLESS you and keep holding on to the good memories you'll shared

kpkp
09-10-2007, 10:44 PM
i know of someone who violated parole several times they would hold revocation hearings and let him out. They actually let him off parole a mnth early! i kinda feel they just do what they want in every situation!

RottieMom
10-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I agree!!! I have a hard time understanding how an alleged rapist, murderer, etc can be let out on bail/bond until their court date. But when you violate probation you have to sit in jail the whole time. Then on the news they talk about child predators only getting probation...its very sickening.

WorriedBoutDad
10-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Talking about the grid sheet. . . . I call the parole board and they say dad won't be eligible till he serves 1/3 of sentence, which is a total of 20 years. Yet the grid sheet says he's eligible in 36 to 54 months. But nowhere, nowhere, have I found anything in writing to explain the disparity. Anybody know?

I'm done
10-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Does Anyone Know Anything About Telfair State Prison
Please Get Back To Me
Vangee

shaunsgrl0130
10-18-2007, 04:53 PM
worried, you won't find ANYTHING in writing about any discrepancies/disparaties. we are all at the mercy of the parole board's whims. the grid is bullshit. they do what they want, when they want and there is absolutely no rhyme or reason.:blah:

sanders01
12-31-2007, 03:12 PM
I quess I was tripping, GA does what they want to doI did not read this post about gird sheets, I hope they do something because GA will put your but in Jail for nothing....have anybody done the grid sheet and the score they came out with...well I did mine and the score was 11 and he have 4 years but might be eligible for parole in 28 months I think according to the grid sheet, well that leave him 16 more months to go....we will see...let me know if any of you can read that grid sheet....

Crowned**Wifey
01-09-2008, 12:57 PM
The Grid sheet here in ga is a mess. I think they are being to severe on the inmates,hell. Yes no crime should go unpunished, however, why woud they feel the need to make you sit in prison all your life. I see crimes committed such as: rape-murder-child molestation(if it really was) and these are the crimes where they should just send these mofos to Iraq. Other than that don't let them get away scott free but don't give them 5 or more years to sit behind bars and fade away. They barely know the world when they get out from doing five! Not just because my husband is locked up but because I think thats a better solution.

Sunshine's Mom
01-13-2008, 11:45 PM
my daughter had a parole date of 11/01/2007,, but solely due to the parole board reading her sentence wrong during final review,, it was jerked away. (the attorney's assistant says the PB is now showing she won't even be eligible for another review until april 2009).

while the attorney is is filing a motion to get the sentence clarified (from the judge or DA),, so the PB can correct their mistake,, they don't care that their error is going to cost her another 1, 2, or even 3 or 4 more years!! and as always,, everyone seems to be dragging their feet & not getting a damn thing done about it. (from october to now & still nothing has been accomplished). the first time the attorney filed to get the motion for clarification,, they came back saying they needed to know exactly what the parole board needed,, because to them it was VERY clear she should have been given credit for time already served. and that is what the PB read wrong. and sadly,, NO one would be doing a damn thing about it if i hadn't caught the error myself on the DOC website. (i noticed they had changed her max out date & deleted her previously shown TPM date,,so i immediately called the PB).

i strongly feel that any parole is subject to whomever review's it,, how they happen to be feeling on that particular day,, etc. & they could care less what seems right or wrong. :(

just my 2 worth.

and like Crowned**Wifey said,, i'm already concerned that 3-5 years in prison is going to have a horrible effect on my daughter's future when she does finally come home. she's so young that she knows no other way of adult life. (work, financial & other responsibilities, etc. and i've read where the youthful offenders tend to pick up bad influences from the older adults,, especially repeat offenders,, if they are incarcerated for more than 6-9 months. and that scares me to death.

shaunsgrl0130
01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
sunshine's mom, you should re-post this under the heading that DA had going before about wanting to know "a day in the life"-this is something that needs to be heard!

robbyswife
07-08-2008, 08:28 AM
My husband's probation was revoked because of violating 3 times. His sentence was 3 years in prison. His orginial charge was theft by recieving under 1000.00. It was non-violent. By looking at the grid sheet, it looks like he might be up for parole in 10 months. Is this correct???

Its hard to understand the sheet. Also does that mean he be on excellent behavior in prison or something?

Thanks!

Kat
07-08-2008, 04:53 PM
They dont always go by the grid...Sometimes I wonder why they even have one

HeartScan73
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM
From what I can make out about the parole board regs, an inmate is not eligible for parole until AT LEAST 1/3 of the sentence has passed, no matter how the grid sheet rates them. My guess is that they use the grid sheet as a guideline only for setting TPMs on those that have BAD grid scores (because those that have GOOD grid scores should be, at least how it is written, set at 1/3.)

The board does assign PIC months, which are dates that an inmate can be released PRIOR to their set TPM for good behavior, but they give these only to those inmates who have TPMs set LATER than at the 1/3 point of their sentence. In other words, nobody is going home before 1/3 is served.
(I think the exception to this is when boot camp or work release programs are recommended....but not too sure about it)

I don't know. It is too confusing for me, and every time I think I have it figured out, I find something that contradicts it all.

iloveray
09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
How do they do the grid for technical probation violation (not reporting). My husband is not on the grid. His original "conviction" was aggravated assault. He was sentenced to 6 years probation. He is now serving 2 years for not reporting. After he had completed 1/3 of his time the parole board said he would not get parole. He got no grid sheet or explanation. That's a ridiculous amount of time to serve on a technical probation when you didn't even get any prison time to begin with. He has already completed 14 mos. (60%). There is another guy from our county w/the same "conviction" that got out after 30% of his time on his third time in. He did less on a 5 year sentence than my husband is doing on a 2 year and this is the first time my husband has ever been in and he is completely DR free.

HeartScan73
09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
This is really where the system contradicts itself. They only allow parole in cases that are LONGER than two years, but anyone serving 2 or under is not eligible EVER. Makes no sense because just like you said, those with much "tougher" sentences are getting out earlier. When my husband first went in the DA offered a 2 year sentence and his attorney said "absolutely not", we'll take 3......he did this just so that Tim would be eligible for parole after 1/3, otherwise he would have done the whole 2 years.

iloveray
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
That is absolutely ridiculous. He keeps telling me over and over again about all the rumors about early release. I am scared to get my hopes up. It would certainly make sense to start w/people in on technical violations and he is completely DR free. But, either way we are over halfway there and they can't keep him past 7/15/08!!!

I'm done
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Heartscan 73, Is Your Husband Really Going To Get Out At The 1/3 Mark/
If He Does Right On.
All I Know Is This, My Son Was Arrested In 3/29/06 And Got Three Years
And To Theis Date We Have Heard 1 Time From The Parole Board, And That Was It. His 1/3 Time Was Up 3/29 07 We Did Not Hear From Them Until 9/9/07
About Three Months Later And That Was Because I Went To The Pb And Asked About It.
He Now Has 5 Months 1 Week And 6 Days And Guess What Still Nothing From The Parole Board. My Son Says Mom Don't Bother?
So My Question Is Has Anyone Ever Heard From Anyone At Exactly 1/3?

HeartScan73
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
well, as you know, all we can do is hope. It was a risk we took.....but, he has a good record, no DRs and he is at a pre release center now after only 8 months, with talk of transferring to a transitional center in 90 days.....so....it looks good and, as always, we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Oh, and we have already had one call from the parole board and that was after only 6 months of incarceration. Haven't heard anything since then.....but he does not reach 1/3 until May '09.

drkangel127
04-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Has anyone in GA's significant other been let out earlier then there pic month?

dingy2366
04-19-2009, 06:04 AM
i dont understand grid sheet. my husband had a drug charge ( first) , got 5 yr probation. after 2 yrs, went into probation, did test, had drugs in his system. gave him 10 months to do, and then will be off probation. it was funny, they didnt lock him up that day at probation. let him stay out till after xmas ( 2 months from test). went into county 12/31/08. went to prison 2/24/09. dont know when he will get out. max out date is 10/30/09

Mommy4Two
04-20-2009, 09:13 AM
The grid sheet is what the Parole Board will send to your husband once his file is reviewed for parole. I personally don't know how VOPs work, so I can't help too much with that... although my understanding was that if they get say 10 months to serve because of it and then they're done with probation, more than likely they are going to serve the entire 10 months... I may be COMPLETELY wrong, but that was my understanding...

ashrobinson
12-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone possibly knows a roundabout month to serve time on a manufacturing charge, he took a straight eight,, my husband says that the grid he found says 24 months, he didnt have anything mandated, just wondering if anyone can affirm or disagree with this?