View Full Version : Texas parole support letters - need examples

txchic
04-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I am currently working on support letters to be submitted to my husband's parole attorney. She sent me some examples but I don't want to be repetitive. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some other examples of support letters. I have looked at the other threads but I was hoping to see if someone could help me word everything correctly. I guess that I feel like if I use the examples that they don't seem genuine. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance - txchic

jftazzy102
04-19-2005, 12:46 PM
pm me your email address and I can send you a copy of what I wrote and a friend wrote.

AEMS
04-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I followed the format that is on here and I just send one in every month or two stating his progress and mine and ours as a couple. I feel like they are repetitive too, but either way they show support.

sbrown110
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I just PMed you with a couple I wrote. I hope they help.

TXHarleygirl
04-20-2005, 10:07 PM
I am currently working on support letters to be submitted to my husband's parole attorney. She sent me some examples but I don't want to be repetitive. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some other examples of support letters. I have looked at the other threads but I was hoping to see if someone could help me word everything correctly. I guess that I feel like if I use the examples that they don't seem genuine. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance - txchic
Hey, send me your regular E-mail so that I can send you a copy of the parole packet that I put together for my hubby and attach it as a word doc. if you want. Plus, I've written correspondence for everyone from College Students term papers, to Attorney-to-Client letters, and even letters from friends of mine that were having divorce problems and they needed to write to an Attorney, so I'm not being conceited, but everyone seems to like my writing, so get me that E-mail, and I will do WHATEVER you need to help you get this done ASAP! Promise! I'll be waiting!

nanaw
04-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey, send me your regular E-mail so that I can send you a copy of the parole packet that I put together for my hubby and attach it as a word doc. if you want. Plus, I've written correspondence for everyone from College Students term papers, to Attorney-to-Client letters, and even letters from friends of mine that were having divorce problems and they needed to write to an Attorney, so I'm not being conceited, but everyone seems to like my writing, so get me that E-mail, and I will do WHATEVER you need to help you get this done ASAP! Promise! I'll be waiting!

nanaw
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
I would like to know if we need a Parole Attorney. Also, I'd like to have a copy of the Parole Packet. Parole panel pulled my son'd records in March. They're supposed to review in between June and September. This is our first experience with the prison system. It's my son's first conviction - so we're really clueless. All I have is the TCJC sites parole info on their website.
Thanks for any information.

Nanaw

TXHarleygirl
04-23-2005, 10:09 PM
My opinion on Parole Attorney's is this: If you are well-to-do or have the spare money laying around to do so, then it couldn't hurt to go ahead and hire a parole attorney, however, if you are like most of us, we are not independently wealthy and therefore can not afford one.

After I learned how many Parole Board Members there are and then compared that to the # of inmate's files they each get assigned, I think they spend about 2.3 seconds (probably even less these days) on each individual file, and that is only if they work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year, so I'm sure you catch my drift! It's not their fault by any means, and I certainly wouldn't want their job, ever. Basically, you can thank TDCJ and our wonderful Texas government for this great system of ours.

What I tell everybody is, after my experience with Parole Board, Parole Officers, and the entire court system/criminal justice system together, their decisions depend solely on what kind of a mood they happen to be in on that particular day, and unfortunately, that's is NO joke! But remember, that's just my opinion!:)

joseph's mom
06-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Hello, i am new to all this. I need to write a support letter for my son. I thank anyone that will give me a few hints ro something. Thank you all, Minerba :(

Ashagirl
06-19-2007, 05:46 AM
The examples as a "sticky" in this subforum were useful to me. Great observation TxHarleygirl. The board just can't spend much time on a file. I'm not well to do---don't even have much extra money lying around, but when I interviewed parole attorneys...the one thing they all said was....my (attorney) role is to SLOW the process down...make sure they really, actually look at the file. They all even added that a lot of times everything that is sent in by individuals may not even make it to the board as a file....does that make sense?

I think the # of files they must review is overwhelming. Someone posted on this site that at some board office they had like 500 files coming in for a review on some certain day.

arroyo6969
07-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Can someone help me I am over whelmeded with my husbands parole hearing getting close and I am just having a hard time with these parole supports letters can someone help me.

Thanks

arroyo6969
07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Can you possible also help me I am so confused with all this.

Thks,
arroyo6969

jojacks
07-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I just sent you a pm.

bfoxigurl69
12-01-2009, 01:27 PM
can u send me a copy of the parole packet that you send out,, thanks

tadzik
12-03-2009, 08:18 PM
So much conflicting info... If the parole board has just seconds to review a case, what use are all the parole packages, and all the work/money they take? The attorney said we need one, but he charges, so of course, he would say that.... I can do it myslef, but should I? Any place here that talks about sucess stories, either way? Thanks!

SqueakyTweaky
12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
I had to write all the letters in my husband's parole packet *sigh*. His family wasn't going to do it. But I did make it look like everybody wrote one so heyyyy! :) Anyway, I got aggravated in trying to find help for letter examples when I was making my packet, and everyone kept linking and asking to PM and this & that, nobody would just post the stuff so I am going to do just that, post the letters I wrote. And I don't yet know what the parole board thinks of my packet, but I did my best! Here are the letters, from different family members...

From Aunt:

Your Name
Your Address
City, ST 00000
Home Ph. (000) 000-0000 Cell Ph. (000) 000-0000
Work Ph. (000) 000-0000

Date

Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
Honorable Members of the ____ Board Office
Address
City, ST 00000

RE: Name
TDCJ #0000000
___ Unit
Unit Address
City, ST 00000

Dear Honorable Members of the Parole Board:

My name is ____. I am 56 years old and I have been working as a financial control services coordinator for ten years. ____ is my nephew, and I respectfully ask that you would consider granting him parole. My sister ____ and I are close, so I have watched _____ grow up and participated in his life for 32 years. He is a kind, empathetic person who is considerate of other people’s feelings and places much value on caring for his family.

I want to help ____ in any way I can, and most importantly he will be able to live at my house on (address) in Waco, TX indefinitely. He will have food and necessities available to him and will not be expected to pay rent. He will help with household chores as he has always done in the past when he came over. Any time I have asked him to do anything around the house, he has always been helpful; he has a sense of responsibility towards family and likes to take care of others. Having him home would be a great help to his grandmother, as she was recently hospitalized with back problems and is now at our home recuperating. ___ has always been very close to his grandmother and would cheerfully volunteer to assist her in daily living when he is not at work. The only other person living at the house is ___’s uncle, ____. There is a spare bedroom available for ____ and his wife to stay in for as long as they need to until they can get on their feet. Everyone in the house is aware of _____’s criminal record but we also know how much potential he has, and despite his mistakes, we would like to help him become the best person he can be. My home will provide a suitable environment, free of drugs and alcohol, and should meet the requirements necessary for his being a registered sex offender. He has briefly used my address before and it was authorized by the Waco Police Department, and I have absolutely no problem getting another letter notarized giving ______ my permission to live at our address. My mother and I own the house and it does have a telephone line that can be used in the event an electronic monitor is required.

I am also going to offer _____ spiritual support by way of taking him to church with me. I have been attending _____ Temple twice weekly for 10 years and he has expressed an interest in further developing his faith. My church will be joyful at the prospect of another soul coming closer to God and can provide _____ the spiritual support to help him along his path of recovery with N.A.

My home will provide a safe and structured environment for _____ upon his release. He understands that in order to stay at my house he must completely abide by all parole regulations, as I am a law-abiding citizen and have never been in trouble. He has expressed a sincerely grateful and compliant attitude and he is determined to work hard at building a new and more productive life. Thank you for your time regarding this important matter.

Sincerely,

(name)

From Wife (me):

My name is _____. I am 24 years old and married to ______. I made the decision to marry my husband despite knowing he faced several years of incarceration. It was not a difficult decision as he is the most considerate, dedicated and honest man I’ve ever met.

______ has shown considerable remorse since being incarcerated for not complying with sex offender regulations. Previously he complied with all his requirements for nine years and he deeply regrets his lapse in judgment regarding not reporting a change of address. He admits that he should not have let circumstances interfere with complying with state laws. He accepts responsibility for his actions, but rather than dwell on the negative, he would like to move forward and use this experience as an opportunity for doing so in a positive manner. He doesn’t complain and he works hard on the field squad at the _____ Unit viewing this as job experience. I have witnessed an extreme change in attitude since his incarceration. We write each other almost daily and I drive nearly 200 miles once a month to visit him (or more often, as circumstances permit). He is much more patient and calm, and he rationally thinks things through before taking action. He has realized that in becoming a productive member of society, he will gain the opportunity to become a better father, husband and citizen. These roles are extremely important to him and he is very enthusiastic about this chance to turn over a new leaf. He is realistic and knows it will take patience, hard work and continued dedication.

I will do whatever it takes to support _____ when he is released from prison. I am more than willing to provide him with love, guidance, accountability, understanding, encouragement, and emotional and moral support. I will be right there by his side every step of the way as he embarks on this new path of life. We are both excited about all the opportunities “starting over” will bring. He plans to work part time for a family friend and will begin searching for full time employment immediately at the Heart of Texas Work Force, where the mother of his children works and can assist him in finding a job. I will help him in any way that I can as well with everything from searching for jobs to making sure he is meeting all necessary requirements. I will also attend meetings and church with him when he desires.

I truly believe _____ has changed for the best and would be an asset to his family as well as the community. Thank you for your time and attention regarding this important matter and please feel free to contact me any time.

From Potential Employer (should be printed on business letterhead):

My name is _____. I am 69 years old and retired after working as a mould maker at _____ glass plant in Waco, TX for 40 years. I currently take on selected construction projects doing remodeling work for my own small business, _____ Remodeling. In addition, I own a farm with ten acres of land with animals and plants to take care of. I have offered _____ a position working for me part time, as he does have experience in many areas of remodeling and is more than capable for the job. _____’s mother, _____, is my significant other and I have known ____ for ten years. I have been with ____ for 16 years so I am aware of _____’s legal issues; To my knowledge he complied with all his required regulations for the past nine years that he’s had the charge and this is the first time he has made a mistake like this. He has acknowledged the fact that he should have handled the situation in a more mature and responsible way.

_____ is a hard worker who is very determined to meet his goals once they are set. He has worked with me in the past building decks, installing tile, and other various jobs. He enjoys work and puts forth his best effort so I know he will be an excellent employee. He is also a quick learner, so he can assist me in any area I need help. I know how important it is for him to comply with parole regulations, so it will be no problem for him to begin working with me immediately after his release. He will mainly be assisting me with _____ Remodeling but will also do any other odd jobs that need to be done. He will be able to earn enough money to pay his parole fees and gain experience to include on a resume, which will help him on the job search he plans to start right away in order to find a more permanent position. I look forward to working with _____. He is very intelligent and easy to get along with, and not only is he a great worker but a great person as well. He is motivated to do whatever it takes to get his life together. I know I will gladly help him in any way I can; All he has to do is call.

_____ and his family have my full support and I am happy to be a part of ____’s plan. I respectfully request that you consider allowing him to return to society to begin working on his goals. Thank you for your time.

From Mother:

My name is ______. I live in Waco, TX and am employed as a package supply crew leader at _____ glass plant, where I have worked for 39 years.

I have seen my son _____ maintain a stable and productive life in the past. He was living with me prior to this incident while working full time at a factory. He displayed maturity and responsibility in contributing to the household by completing chores and maintaining the lawn. He worked at least forty hours per week and moved up quickly within the company, getting a promotion after only a few months. At home he was a very caring and attentive father to his two children. He was patient with them and treated them kindly always; his daughter and son adore him and there’s never been a doubt in my mind regarding his love for them and capability as a great father.

He complied with the necessary regulations for nine years until he decided to move out when he and his children’s mother parted ways. He felt it was only right to make sure his children had a safe place to live, which is why he decided to move out until their mother could make other arrangements. At that point therefore he had no address to report and that was when he violated the rules; the children’s mother took much longer than expected to relocate. He does, however, understand that he should have handled the situation differently. At that moment his judgment was clouded by his love for his children and desire to protect them but upon months of reflection he realizes he should have thought it through before acting. He expresses regret for not making an attempt to discuss possible options with law enforcement before it became an issue. He has taken responsibility for his mistakes and tells me he will stay in compliance with all regulations in the future, no matter how difficult it might seem.

I would be happy to provide him with a place to live at my home, but he and his wife already have plans to move in at my sister’s house. He has reported with her address before so it should be in compliance. However, if for any reason a different address is required, he is welcome to live with me at _____. The situation with his children’s mother has been resolved as she and the kids have moved. No matter where my son lives, I will make sure his needs are met by providing some financial assistance, food, clothing, and necessities until he can get on his feet. He already has a part time job waiting for him and he loves to work so he can’t wait to get started. He may also use my car (a blue Kia Spectra) as a means of transportation. His wife can drive him to work or any appointments until he can afford to get a valid license. I will also help him in any other ways I can. _____ is a very generous and kind person with a good heart. That is why I have continued to support him through visits and financial help during his incarceration. I am more than willing to help him because he is willing to help himself. He has maintained a positive attitude and is determined to use this experience to make a fresh start in the world. I know that if he is given the opportunity to make parole, he will make us all proud. He is ready to come home and be the respectable young man and good father to his children we know he can be. Thank you for your time and attention.

Self Support Letter:

I am writing this letter to you for your consideration in approving my parole. My parole eligibility date is January 20, 2010 and I was interviewed on November 23, 2009. I have been a registered sex offender since 1999 and I complied with all the necessary regulations for nine years. There are absolutely no excuses for breaking the law, but I would like to describe what happened that led to my incarceration in order to explain why it won’t happen again.

The mother of my children and I lived together at my mother’s house with our son and daughter, ____ and ____, for seven years. Due to irreconcilable differences, I felt I had to move out until she could find a safe and comfortable place for them to live. I did not feel the children should be subjected to a stressful home life due to our strained relationship. It was at that point in time that I was also laid off from my job so I did not have a stable address to report. I realize now that I should have asked for help. Instead of trying to find some resources or a solution, I “covered up” my problem – temporarily – with drugs. The drug use made me irresponsible and I neglected my obligations. I know now that I should have gotten help before my whole life got out of control, and also that I cannot use drugs under any circumstances at all. I have been attending N.A. meetings at my unit and I will continue along my path of rehabilitation with their help when I return home.

During my incarceration, I have learned new ways of thinking and have had opportunities to practice my improved behavioral skills. I have not had any cases or lost any good time. I completed a Peer Education course and have voluntarily signed up for all treatment programs and am currently on the waiting list for Changes and Cognitive Intervention. I have put a lot of thought into ways I could have better handled the problem. I have a solid plan in place upon release to insure that I will not break the law again and risk losing my freedom. There are too many important things to live for – my kids, my new wife, and my own self worth and potential – to mess up again. God has blessed me with this experience in order to give me a chance to start a new life, one in which I can and will make something of my self that my family and I can be proud of. I will have spiritual guidance from my church as well as treatment for my addiction with N.A. and family support. My wife and I will be living with my aunt while I work part time remodeling houses. I look forward to being able to work towards the rewarding and productive life I know can be mine. Please consider the support I have from family and friends, and more importantly, my own ambition and drive, when determining my parole status. I will comply with any and all conditions of release. I know I am completely and solely responsible for the direction my life takes upon completion of my time here. I am anxious to move forward in a positive direction. Please allow me the opportunity to make the right choices and I will not let you down. Thank you for your time and consideration.

And, just for good measure, here are some forms I found that you can edit and personalize and seem like they would be good to include:

Parole Plan Form:
Parole Plan

To the Texas Board Of Pardons and Paroles

Date: ___________________________
Applicant's Name: ___________________________________________
Number: __________________________________________________ ____
Address: __________________________________________________ _____
Address: __________________________________________________ _____
I am eligible for parole as of (date) ________________________. I hereby submit my parole plan.
I will live at (address): ____________________________________
(city, state, zip): _____________________________________________.
If this is the address of a relative, friend or agency, enter that information: __________________________________________________ _______.
I will be employed as a: __________________________________________________ _______
at (name): __________________________________________________ _______
(address): __________________________________________________ _______
(city, state, zip): __________________________________________________ _______
I will receive training, supervision or treatment for: __________________________________________________ _______ lasting (now long) ______________________________________.
from (name): __________________________________________________ _______
(address): __________________________________________________ _______
(city, state, zip): __________________________________________________ _______
In addition, I will pay all applicable fines, costs, fees and/or restitution. I will abide by the law and by all the provisions of my parole.
Respectfully Submitted:
(sign) __________________________________________________ ________

Employment Confirmation Form:

Employment Confirmation

We will provide employment
as indicated below.

Date: __________________________________________
Name of employer: _______________________________
Address: ________________________________________
Address: ________________________________________
Phone Number: __________________________________
We agree to provide employment to (name of applicant) _______________________________ starting on or about (date) ________________________. The applicant will be employed for (number of hours) ________ hours per (time period) __________________________________ as a (job) ______________________________ and paid (list rate of pay) $ ___________ per ______________.
Sincerely Yours:
(sign) ____________________________-

I don't know how great of a job I did but I tried really hard and I did a LOT of research on parole packets for this project, so if anybody thinks they would like my help I will certainly try, they are more than welcome to PM me....
and thank you to everyone that helped me and gave me advice!

msqtpye4u
01-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Dear TX harley girl, Can you please send me a copy of the parole packet you put together - my husband is in review and needs letters and everyone keep asking me what to say the format etc. My personnal email address is kiaras_grammie@live.com. thank you Gina Mallory

msqtpye4u
01-22-2010, 01:30 PM
If anyone has any samples of support letters for parole boards please send them to me at Kiaras_grammie@live.com asap. Thanks, Gina mallory

Renee
01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Have you looked at the "Sticky" section of this sub-forum? There are LOTS of examples there.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594

MrsHartless
12-31-2010, 07:02 AM
could you send me an example of a parole packet you are talking about? Im working on my husbands, he comes up for parole in 2012 and Im getting everything together and I could use some help! Thanks!!!

Renee
12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
could you send me an example of a parole packet you are talking about? Im working on my husbands, he comes up for parole in 2012 and Im getting everything together and I could use some help! Thanks!!!

First, let me welcome you to PTO! I'm glad you've found us! Feel free to ask any questions you have, and we will all try to help!

As to examples, there's really not one example as each packet must be individualized to the specific inmate. The links I am going to provide below tallk about how to individualize your packet. Good luck! I wish you the best!

Sticky: Welcome to the Texas Parole Preparation Forum (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168930)

Sticky: Texas Support letters helpful tips (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154560)

Sticky: Texas Support Letter - Example (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224307)

Sticky: Texas Parole Packet and Several Examples (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224305)

Sticky: Sample Texas Parole Packet Easy Format (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207030)

Sticky: Parole Preparation FAQ (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205005)

Jenny1973
01-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I would like to know if we need a Parole Attorney. Also, I'd like to have a copy of the Parole Packet. Parole panel pulled my son'd records in March. They're supposed to review in between June and September. This is our first experience with the prison system. It's my son's first conviction - so we're really clueless. All I have is the TCJC sites parole info on their website.
Thanks for any information.

Nanaw

I used a paralegal for my father. I can give you a name and number - he may be able to give you some great guidance. (don't know if you can post that on here, so email me). But the guy we used was great and got my dad back home.

GGScooter
01-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Could you please send me a sample of the packet you put together? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Renee
01-10-2011, 09:25 PM
GGScooter,

First, let me welcome you to PTO! I'm glad you found us! You will find LOTS of support and information here. And thanks for removing your email! You can always look at the "Stickys" at the top of this forum for parole packet examples and advice, too. Just so you know, there is a Private Message (PM) system here on PTO. Just click the name of any member, and a pull down menu will appear. You can send and recieve PMs that way! Feel free to ask me or any of our other wonderful moderators any questions you may have, and good luck on this journey! :thumbsup:

Renee