View Full Version : Is your loved one in Jackson, Ga prison

troysgl
03-31-2003, 10:40 PM
Hello my name Is Paris aka troysgl and my boyfriend is on deathrow at Georgia Diagnostic Classification Prison in Jackson, Georgia does anybody on prisontalk have a loved one or friend in this prison deathrow or population?

Thank You Troysgl forever

Helen
04-01-2003, 01:03 AM
Yes, I write to some of the men on DR in Jackson. I see you are in Virginia. I also write to some of the men on DR there. Please PM me if you wish to have a chat.

chuysruca
04-04-2003, 07:58 PM
I've been writing to a gentleman on DR since last December. Don't have much up close and personal information, but PM me if you just want to talk. Take care.

o2manykats
04-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Hello. My husband was just sent to Ga. Diag. & Class. Prison about a week ago. He is 11 month's into a 5 year sentance. Any advice or feedback about the prison? I think he is scared to tell me how thing's really are there. I just recieved my first letter from him today since he has been there. Please email me and let me know.

sad1
06-19-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm trying to get info about Jackson, GA too. My brother will be sent there for assessment in a few weeks. What is it like there? Do they put all offenders together no matter what they've been convicted of? Any info you can share would be appreciated.

o2manykats
06-19-2003, 09:25 PM
:wave:

Hello sad1,
I am sorry about your brother and with my deepest regret I have no information for you at this time about Jackson. My husband has not let me know anything except that "it is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be". At least that is what he tells me. I can only use my imagination right now and that kinda gives me the willies just thinking about what he is experienceing right now. After getting a letter every day for the past year and then two weeks go by with out one I finally got one today saying that he has been moved to population and he fractured his hand playing volleyball. I am not sure if I want to believe that or not. Although he has never been a trouble maker and has never been dishonest with me after being together almost 10 years I find that hard to swallow and wounder if someone elce may be starting trouble with him. Hopefully not.

sad1
06-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Thank you, 02manykats. I am so worried for my brother. You mentioned that your husband was sent to Jackson after serving 11 months. My brother has been in the system for two weeks (at a detention center) and they tell him he will be sent to Jackson in 2-4 weeks for assessment, then transferred to a prison. I've heard the Georgia prisons are overcrowded. They tell my brother he will go to Jackson in a few weeks but he may be waiting 11 months like your husband. My brother has a 3 year sentence.

Jennarose
07-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Hello,
My best friend is on death row in JACKSON, He has been there for 7 years and has told me alot.. If anyoe wants to talk jsut PM me..thanks

jenna;)

troysgl
07-07-2003, 08:13 PM
HELLO EVERYONE,

I AN SOORY I HAVE BEEN OUT OF TOWN AND WAS NOT HERE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE. POPLUATION IS SEPERATE FROM DR AND I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEIR RULES. THANK YOU O2MANYKATS FOR YOUR HELP.

shanechanged
08-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Hello Everyone!
My son was taken to Jackson,Georgia Prison today!
I am so upset and heartbroken, and scared for him!
He has a five year sentence.
Can anyone please update me on the Godliness of
this place? And please tell me the rules. Will he
be safe? He has been saved and has been preaching
in jail since he was locked up for aggravated assault 15 months ago. Couldn't handle drinking at
all. But since God rescued him, he is so sweet and
good!
I think God sent him there to help some others to
turn their lives over to God!
Please email me with any information. I am new at
this and know nothing! Thanks and God bless each
and everyone of you!
shanechanged

LSRB4LYFE
10-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey Paris, what's going on girl? yes my baby Roberts Butts is in GDCP, Jackson..

pinky666
10-17-2003, 10:54 AM
My brother was in Jackson a few years ago. He's been to a lot of prisons and jails in Georgia and he said Jackson was the best out of all that he had been to. When I went to the visitation there, it wasn't bad at all. The guards that were there at the time were friendly.

JLee Sweetpea
01-14-2004, 03:58 AM
Heya Paris.. Surprise!! Its Azni :) I am missing James.. Hard to be so in love yet so far away :( but love does work in a mysterious way.. Praying for 'miracle' for all :)

michelleg
01-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Jackson Diagnostics is bad in some ways, not so bad in others. I think it's fairly safe & all compared to some places, but in diagnostics, there is just little contact and lots of sitting around with NOTHING to do. For the first 6 weeks, no contact except thru mail. After that, immediate family only can visit on weekdays (but not state holidays) from either 9-11am or 2-4pm. They are not contact visits. There's a screen, but no glass. There is no phone access until after 5 months, then they get one 10 minute call a month thru the chaplain. There is no tv, no books, and they can purchase one paper a week on store call day. Technically, no cigarettes or coffee either, but people get them. You can call the prison, ask for the mail room and get their GDC # and the mailing address at the prison. That's all you need to send mail. I have never had a problem with them rejecting anything i've sent. I send stuff off the internet, word finds, crosswords, photos and letters of course. I limit printed stuff to 10 pages per letter and only 3-5 pics per envelope. You can send money orders made out to the inmate and addressed to them just like letters, or in with letters. Always tell your person in a note or letter with the money order that you sent it. They have been known to lose them. He never sees it, only a receipt for it. Their only access to the outside other than visits after 6 weeks, is that one paper a week and they can buy headphones at the store and choose from 3 stations to listen to. I think it's basically rock, country, rap/hip hop. I have been told that the avg wait to get assigned a perm camp is 6-8 months, although my boyfriend has seen guys get shipped after 9 weeks and some have been there much longer than him (he's been there almost 6 months). There are better places and there are worse. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me & i'll try to answer.

I would recommend all of you to check out Fairness to Families, which is an organization advocating for the rights of prisoner's families, helping families navigate the system and working for changes in the criminal justice system ( parole & sentencing reform, etc). There is a yahoo group list serve you can join:
http://******************/group/fairness2families/

IrishEyes
01-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Michelle, you're a goddess!!! You rock, cupcake girl!!!

Charliesgirl
03-27-2004, 03:35 PM
thaks Michelle, my man will be going soon to Jackson. He is very nervous. He is a NY guy down south and I am worried sick about him. I am up here in NY and Im use to talking to him every day.

michelleg
03-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Just write lots! He'll be ok. It's a big place & the best advice my boyfriend says for anyone is to stick to yourself until you get acclimated & know who you are comfortable with & who you aren't.

michelle

LSRB4LYFE
04-04-2004, 05:15 PM
There has been some changes at GD&CP...they now have microwaveable sandwiches, chilli dogs :) About time!! I used to hate eating the same junk food every week, he did too...also you can now carry $ 20.00 instead of $10.00..They are now more punctual than ever, one time they let some visitors and even called their inmates before visiting time at 9.00 a.m! One change that am not cool with is that we may no longer be able to sit side by side, they will sit on the stools while we sit on the chairs facing each other :( (this is for G-house,DR visiting rooms)

smokeynsocks
01-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Hello my name Is Paris aka troysgl and my boyfriend is on deathrow at Georgia Diagnostic Classification Prison in Jackson, Georgia does anybody on prisontalk have a loved one or friend in this prison deathrow or population?

Thank You Troysgl forever

i really dont know what i am doing but i am trying to find someone that was last know to have been sent to jackson in 2004 with 5 yrs. could you possible tell me how to try to find this person please email me at caseynthegirls@yahoo.com

freeDR.Chua
01-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Guys, my friend has been in processing for 11 weeks, I recieved a letter from him today and he says they have yet to even begin his proccessing, no testing, no evaluating nothing. I mean he is doing well, he is leading bible study groups inside the diagnostic center as well as in the other side where the other inmates live. he says he is making new friends and is really excited about all the people he gets to share the word of God with, but admits it would be nice to be where he could have us visit and be able to call us. I just don't understand why its taking so long, other than I figure they just don't know what to do with him. How much longer will it be?? I really miss him, the letters are nice, but I would love to be able to see him and hear his voice...At this point I would even be ok with him telling me that I was to fat (remember he was my Dr.)

freeDR.Chua
01-23-2008, 05:16 PM
My friend had a physical, Is this the beginning of his processing?? Does that mean he will soon be sent somewhere that we can go visit soon?? Does anyone know how long processing actually takes if he had a physical?? He says he thinks probably some time in Feb. before he gets moved...I pray he is moved to R.James Ray in Folkston its about 20 miles from our house. Pray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crowned**Wifey
01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't understand Jackson,GA. Why hasn't the mail i sent been recieved yet.

freeDR.Chua
01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Crowned**Wifey, When your mailing the letters to Jackson are you addressing them with GDCP his name, his number and po box 3877, Jackson Ga. 30233?? That's the address I use for my friend who is in Diagnostic there. Did you call up to Jackson to see if mail has been received and if there is a problem with you writing to him??
I have found it usually takes about a week for my letters to get to him during non holiday weeks. I got a letter from him today that he wrote on the 22nd.
Good luck finding out whats happening to your mail, You could send something return receipt to make sure they are receiving it.

Crowned**Wifey
01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Free DR Chua How do u receipt the mail? Does it cost

freeDR.Chua
01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes it cost, but I don't think alot. Go to the post office to mail the letter and tell the person behind the counter at the post office you need to send this return reciept, they will help you send it that way. It really shouldn't be much.

Did you call up there to see if there is a problem with you sending mail?? How long has it been since you mailed the letter?? Did you include something you shouldn't have?? Good Luck solving this problem.

freeDR.Chua
02-08-2008, 07:42 PM
OK Guys, my friend has been at Jackson for 13 weeks yesterday. He has had a physical but nothing else. In my letter that I received today he says all his new friends have had IQ test and are being processed but he just sits there waiting.. He says that there has been several groups come and go since he arrived but he just waits.. He continues to tutor math and English and they allow him to do bible study classes in the Diagnostic part of the prison and they let him go over to the perminate side to also do bible study classes. He still is only allowed immediate family as visitors(his are in the Philippines) and no phone calls. They do however let us mail him religious information to use at his bible study groups. He says he is fine with his new role in life because he still feels like he is doing Gods work, just on a different level, but he would love to be able to have us visit occasionally. This man is amazing, I wish I had his faith in God. Talk about turning lemons into lemon-aide... God Bless him...

My question is--Why is his processing taking so long???

waitingonmybaby
02-08-2008, 10:10 PM
My husband is a perm. at Jackson. He was in diag. from Oct. 6 till Dec.18 when he was moved to the perm side. I was so glad. We visit every weekend and so far the visitations are not bad at all. It's pretty laid back compared to what I've heard about other prisons. We've had our picture taken several times. We havent had any trouble sending or receiving mail, I ordered him Reebok sneakers and shower shoes and he got them just fine. I also send him up to 7 books monthly. During the holidays the mail got somewhat slower but that was to be expected. He reads alot and stays to himself to stay out of trouble. He says it not too bad in there. Like he tells everyone "Prison is what you make of it."

MARTHE
08-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Hello everyone and thanks for all these information about Jackson Center.
l cannot find this facility in "mycarepack.com". l used it when Ken was in Bibb county jail.
ls there another internet shop l could use to send Ken packages, money vouchers? l am not in the US. lnternational money orders are not safe, the postman told me.
Thanks a lot

w/oJason
08-13-2008, 11:40 PM
my name is angela from mid Ga and my fiance was sent to jackson 7 days today. I have not gotten any news from him and am worried about him. I was his nurse at a jail and have not gone this long w/o a letter or anything. I am going crazy! I just miss him so much. He is in on an armed robbery charge and will do the 15 year sentance at least. My head tells me I am nuts but my heart just wont listen!

kpkp
08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
bibb county is the only place ive ever heard of that does the online thng. they are the only county jail besides fulton county where you can look up cases inmates etc. i thnk its because there are so many people in an out of both of these county jails they make enough money off of it to have these systems.
i dnt know that you will even find this for prisons due to the fact u MUST include the package request form in the box when you mail it

kae
08-14-2008, 12:27 PM
hi marthe,

if i'm not mistaken, you cannot send packages to jackson while they are being processed. i remember waiting until he went to his camp. i did send money. maybe you can purchase a money order thru western union.

kpkp
08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
my name is angela from mid Ga and my fiance was sent to jackson 7 days today. I have not gotten any news from him and am worried about him. I was his nurse at a jail and have not gone this long w/o a letter or anything. I am going crazy! I just miss him so much. He is in on an armed robbery charge and will do the 15 year sentance at least. My head tells me I am nuts but my heart just wont listen!
it takes about a week b4 they get any of their mail and you actually get any for some reason....

KRW
01-30-2014, 11:17 AM
I see on internet my hubby was moved here today, I'm worried sick! What is the address so I can mail him??? How long does a 'diagnostic' take???
He's been six month in jail before today, has a two year sentence. His 1/3 is in beginning of March, so when can he expect to get his TPM?? All ideas help Thank you in advance