View Full Version : David Westerfield

Hipcheck
06-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Does any one know how David Westerfield is doing on death row? Has anyone seen him or visited him? Does he go out into the yard for exerise or does he just stay in his cell? How is his health? He did not look too good when he left the County Jail.

Ken'sWife
06-05-2005, 06:32 PM
:wave: I cannot answer your questions, I am sorry for that. I do want to say "hi" and "welcome to PTO!"

Schmusi34
06-06-2005, 01:30 AM
Maby this will give you a little bit.. but why don't you just write to him if you want to know?
LOCAL 8 News Exclusive: David Westerfield's Letters From Death Row

Last Updated:
04-29-05 at 12:21PM

For the first time since his arrest, David Westerfied is sharing his thoughts with a LOCAL 8 producer about his life in prison and his death penalty trial.

LOCAL 8 first heard from Westerfield in January, after one producer sent him a letter, asking him about life on death row.

He wrote back, sending two letters. His first is typed on holiday stationary.

In the letters, Westerfield gives some insight about his life in prison, but he is nowhere near to admitting guilt in Danielle's murder.

San Quentin's death row is where 53-year-old David Westerfield spends his days and nights, since his conviction for kidnapping and killing his neighbor seven-year-old Danielle Van Dam.

Now, for the first time since his arrest, Westerfield corresponds with a LOCAL 8 producer about life on death row and the evidence presented against him at his trial.

In the first letter dated, January 5, Westerfield writes:

"The loss of freedom and the loss of direct contact with others has been one of the most difficult circumstances I have been forced to deal with. Much of my time is spent reading or watching TV."

Westerfield also says the guards at San Quentin are abusive. He writes:

"?we employ correction officers who take great delight in trying to torture and demean inmates..."

In a second letter, dated March 6, Westerfield suggests he was framed and evidence was planted by the detectives. He writes:

"?didn't you find it odd that the "lead detectives" in the case never testified in front of the jury? Didn't you find it odd that the only that evidence was found was in areas of investigation where detectives... had direct access to prior to the San Diego crime lab personnel?"

He suggests Danielle's blood was planted in his RV and on his jacket.

Jeff Dusek was the lead prosecutor in the case.

"Every single piece of physical evidence, circumstantial evidence, pointed to David Westerfield. There is no reason to believe anyone else committed this crime," explained Dusek.

And Dusek has no interest in hearing Westerfield's theories. He says the convicted child killer had his chance to voice them in 2002.

"He had a trial, two very fine attorneys. The opportunity to evidence he wanted at trial, where it could be challenged by everybody. He chose not to do so," continued Dusek. "He has no viable, credible evidence that says he did not do this crime."

Westerfield also suggests that we investigate a handwritten confession letter about Danielle's murder.

LOCAL 8 News obtained a copy of that letter that was sent to San Diego police nine months after Westerfield was sentenced.

It's written by someone who claims to be James Selby, who is a convicted rapist, linked through DNA to dozens of sexual assaults, including some in San Diego. His victims around the southwest include women and at least two children.

The letter sent from a Colorado prison says:

"Detective,
David Westerfield was not responsible for Danielle Van Dam's murder. I was.... (James Selby) you have other cases against me and are waiting for me to be sent to you."

Through DNA, 36-year-old Selby was linked to a series of San Diego sexual assaults in 2001. He was dubbed the Banker's Hill rapist.

Dusek says the DA's office thoroughly analyzed the confession letter, and he's not buying it.

"Mr. Selby is a quack," said Dusek. "I would characterize it as completely false...absolutely, no truth, no merit to his sketchy acknowledgement he claims he did this crime. He did not!"

Dusek says his office sent the letter to Steven Feldman, David Westerfield's defense attorney.

Feldman told LOCAL 8 News he won't comment on anything about the Westerfield case.

So LOCAL 8 talked to Public Defender Gary Gibson. He says any defense attorney would take a good look at a confession like this.

"The first thing you're going to look at is who is sending me this letter...what is their background..is this an out right "kook," or is this someone who has the credentials who could have committed this crime," Gibson said.

Selby may have a criminal background, but Dusek says the confession wasn't seen as legit because Selby was unstable and confessed to other high profile murders, including Jon Benet Ramsey's in Colorado.

And after reading the confession, Gibson wasn't impressed either.

"I've had a chance to look at the letter and the letter doesn't add very much...very barebones," explained Gibson. "Then there's another problem. The gentlemen that wrote the letter is dead."

That's right. Selby committed suicide last year in an Arizona jail, while awaiting sentencing for multiple rapes.

As David Westerfield awaits his fate on death row, he writes letters that question his conviction, but in the two typed messages LOCAL 8 received, he never said he didn't do it.

He ends his last letter with a p.s. that says:

"Remember our word and our personal ethics are the only thing we have in this world."

Signed:

"All my best, David."

sunESD
06-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Readers beware-----

This guy is trying to get information to use it against Westerfield in another forum. He has no doubt of his guilt and this is just a way to try and find out things to use in that group. It's all a game. :mad:

Snapdragon
06-09-2005, 09:09 PM
sunESD ~ I agree with you completely. There is a group of posters that post on a San Diego Newspaper forum and he is one of them that is definately a GUILTY. He is also a former (?) cop. Beware of what you reply to.

Snap

chance2005
11-27-2005, 06:35 PM
I personally do not think he is guilty. JMO

Barbara
11-27-2005, 07:39 PM
There were a number of things that did not gel well with me about this case. That being said, just write him a letter and ask him what you want to know. Barb

lagunakristin
02-13-2006, 12:12 AM
good info

Eternal Hope
02-13-2006, 10:49 AM
There were a lot of strange twists and turns in this case,( I agree BSS) however, I followed the trial daily....
I do agree a lot of the background info that came out in the trial were not settling well with me, but I do think the prosecution proved their case.... one of the things that stood out for me was Westerfield's demeanor throughout the trial. Just my two cents ....

TulipGirl
02-20-2006, 06:15 AM
I watched this trial also and was not completely convinced of his guilt. I think the blow fly testimony gave me reasonable doubt.
JMO

Snapdragon
02-20-2006, 09:58 AM
I watched this trial also and was not completely convinced of his guilt. I think the blow fly testimony gave me reasonable doubt.
JMO

I also watched it and agree with you in regards with the entomology aspect. But there is also much - much more that has caused me to believe in his innocence.

This case will always have more questions and no answers. IMO Maybe some day.

Snapdragon

PTO9101112
07-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know David Westerfield's address?

I am new. My dad was at SQ from 1982-1985. He served all of that time come to find out he was not guilty and his record was exsponged. This site has allowed me to feel and know what he went through. Thanks.

The reason I want to write Mr. Westerfield is I am studying and will soon be getting my Master's in Forensic Science. I do feel that he may not have done it but do to that trial it got me interested in entomology. I will soon be able to help those in the prison system and help exonorate. In a way I thank him, it is a sad tragedy but I will soon hope to help others. As soon as my children are in school full time I will go to law school and become a public defender (NOT A PUBLIC PRETENDER).

I also would like to write to other inmates. Does anyone know of anyone that does not get mail or just needs some support?

Thanks for your time. I am understanding to know why my dad is the way he is and how he was treated.

PTO9101112
07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Thank you so very much for your help and kindness. Have a great weekend. I found it! Thanks.

Schmusi34
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
There are a lot of lies in trials. You will never know the truth unless you are the person involved. Don't be fooled by what you hear or see...

sidewalker
07-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I couldnt agree with you more Schmusi.
couldnt agree more.
many facets to every story.

Crone
07-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Does anyone know David Westerfield's address?

I am new. My dad was at SQ from 1982-1985. He served all of that time come to find out he was not guilty and his record was exsponged. This site has allowed me to feel and know what he went through. Thanks.

The reason I want to write Mr. Westerfield is I am studying and will soon be getting my Master's in Forensic Science. I do feel that he may not have done it but do to that trial it got me interested in entomology. I will soon be able to help those in the prison system and help exonorate. In a way I thank him, it is a sad tragedy but I will soon hope to help others. As soon as my children are in school full time I will go to law school and become a public defender (NOT A PUBLIC PRETENDER).

I also would like to write to other inmates. Does anyone know of anyone that does not get mail or just needs some support?

Thanks for your time. I am understanding to know why my dad is the way he is and how he was treated.

Welcome to PTO! I'm not sure we can ever truly understand what someone else has experienced but are you able to talk with your dad and ask him some of these questions you have?

Forensic science is a fascinating field. Good luck to you!

PTO9101112
07-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes but it helps when you know other people have experiences it, you do not feel alone. I was a child and blamed myself. He does not want to talk about it much.

Thank you for your kindness.

Crone
07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
If there isn't already one in your area, perhaps the two of you you can create a support group for ex-offenders so that they will have a place to share their stories and pain. Iknow there is a tough-guy persona that has to be upheld in prison but maybe just starting out small would be helpful.

eastsidestu
07-19-2007, 12:04 AM
As to Westerfield; if I'm looking at the death penalty during trial and I know that I am completely innocent...I testify. I don't sit there stoic the whole trial and let everyone else speak for me.

Folks, sometimes there are just evil crimes, for whatever reason and they defy explanation. What was this guy's breaking point? I truly feel that his life was falling apart. He had financial difficulties. He was drinking way too much and his girlfriend had just broken off the relationship 2 weeks prior.

I am not here to slam Westerfield; but I do think it's important to accept that evil things happen.

I am against the DP myself. I visit a lady who is in the same predicament. She is a human being. She has incredible remorse. That I respect. Mr Westerfield has none. He is a sociopath. He should never see the light of day. Maybe, some day, in the eye's of God, he can make things right and own up to his act.

I pray that he does. Let's never forget the victims, including his loved ones.

Snapdragon
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
As to Westerfield; if I'm looking at the death penalty during trial and I know that I am completely innocent...I testify. I don't sit there stoic the whole trial and let everyone else speak for me.

Folks, sometimes there are just evil crimes, for whatever reason and they defy explanation. What was this guy's breaking point? I truly feel that his life was falling apart. He had financial difficulties. He was drinking way too much and his girlfriend had just broken off the relationship 2 weeks prior.

I am not here to slam Westerfield; but I do think it's important to accept that evil things happen.

I am against the DP myself. I visit a lady who is in the same predicament. She is a human being. She has incredible remorse. That I respect. Mr Westerfield has none. He is a sociopath. He should never see the light of day. Maybe, some day, in the eye's of God, he can make things right and own up to his act.

Perhaps you have never been through the court system where your attorney tells you it is in your best interest not to testify. Most defense attorney do that. Remember the jury instructions always say that you are not to consider the fact that the defendant didn't testify as a reason for guilt. It is always easier for any of us on the outside looking in to stand in judgement as to what we would or would not do in this situation. Unless we have walked in his shoes - we have no business judging him. I personally await his appeal because I also feel he is innocent. You have no idea what his remorse may or may not be if you haven't spoken to him, it is your personal opinion only.

My reason for feeling he is innocent is because when the entomolgists
testified they all were within a few days of agreement that her body wasn't available to the insects for one thing. Except of course the anthropologist who had Danielle dead as long as two weeks before she went missing. And after the trial it was reported that the van Dam's had received a phone message on Febreary 15th that, "Danielle was alive but abused." However this is another piece of the puzzle that wasn't allowed in court. Why? Then you add the jacket information where it was testified to that Danielle's DNA was found on his jacket. However it was seen no less that 6 times before it was discovered and three of them were by criminalist Soriano who all of a sudden discovered the stain. A 1-3/8 inch stain. Why? Why was ONLY extracted DNA sent to Bode Labs? Not the cut-outs of the jacket - A Q-tip-like swab actually. According to the man who testified for Bode said that was "unusual." All that was shown at trial and all that the jury saw was a jacket with holes cut in it.

Next there is crimianlist Peer who claims that she found Danielle's blood on the carpet of the motor home. And yet when questioned about it she didn't have it written down in any of her notes.....no photos were taken of this particular stain, while all of the other stains that were found there were. Why? She claims that the stain disappeared when she got it back to the lab to test so the defense didn't even get to see this. And oh by the way - they also claim that Westerfield tried to hide the stain by covering it up with a towel. This stain reportedly by Peer's best memory, "Was about a quarter the size of a pencil eraser." Remember - by "HER memory." No notes - no photos....just memory.

Next let's discuss the "fingerprint" that was found on the cabinet. First off SDLE's expert witness Graham, said he went into the Motor home to "look for the earring back of Danielle's." Low and behold he discovered a fingerprint on the cabinet. A print that he had to lift twice...hhhmmmm. And actually it wasn't a "fingerprint" as we all know a fingerprint to be. It was a small area of Danielle's hand that included her left middle and ring finger and a portion of her palm. I have never known anyone to be identified by using this area of a hand and have done some research and it appears that it is an area that is not normally used.

Her one hair that was found in his bathroom sink could also have been transferred by Locard transfer as her mom and her brother and she had been in Westerfield's home a couple of days before selling Girl Scout cookies.

After the trial there was a letter written to the SDLE from a James Selby who claims that he was the one responsible for Danielle's murder. He was incarcerated in Colorado at the time he wrote the letter and was awaiting transfer to Tuscan, AZ where he also went on trial. Unfortunately he committed suicide the day of his sentencing for 27 counts of sexual crimes and attempted murder. His victims ranged in age from 9 - 56 and were from Norman, Ok. - Reno, Nevada - and San Diego, CA. He was to go to San Diego after the sentencing. Another strange twist in this case. Of course DA Dusek claims he was a quack.

I am not here to protect anyone or anything other than our constitutional rights. In my opinion David Westerfield's rights were violated many times over. He had asked for a lawyer over 22 times during his interrogation for one thing.

So I cannot agree that, at least at this time that the right person is sitting on death row with the information that has been provided. I also do not want a child molester/murderer out on the streets harming our children or anyone else. However I do not want an innocent person sitting on death row either. Because that means that the real perpetrator is still out there doing God only knows what.

Yes this was a horrendous evil crime. On that we agree. But way too many holes for me to say David Westerfield is guilty. Yet anyway. I hope that there will be someone who will really truly look at this case eventually.

And if you don't want to believe that SDLE gets it wrong many times...look into the Stephanie Crowe case - the Jim Wade case - Dale Aliki case - Kristie Miller case - and also another case that was very similar, posted below. Sorry but the link no longer works.

Seven-Year-Old Girl Escapes Kidnapper in Grand Terrace: (Eerie similarity to Van Dam Case)

abc7.com Los Angeles ^ | March 5, 2002 | abc7.com

Seven-Year-Old Girl Escapes Kidnapper in Grand Terrace

GRAND TERRACE — 03/05/02-San Bernardino County sheriff's officials say a seven-year-old girl kidnapped from her bedroom early this morning escaped by jumping from her abductor's car when he stopped to look for his lost wallet.

Sheriff's spokesman Chip Patterson says police found a wallet in front of the girl's Grand Terrace home and waited for the suspect at the address on his driver's license.

Dennis Martin Castro was taken into custody after three hours after the 3:30 am abduction.

Patterson says the girl "is unharmed, aside from being frightened."

The kidnapping occurred a little more than a month after another seven-year-old girl, Danielle van Dam, was reported missing from her San Diego bedroom. Her body was found last week and a neighbor has been charged with her murder.

~~~~~

Basically there are too many unanswered questions in this case and justice is not served if the wrong person is convicted and sent to death row. IMO

Snapdragon

Snapdragon
07-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes but it helps when you know other people have experiences it, you do not feel alone. I was a child and blamed myself. He does not want to talk about it much.

Thank you for your kindness.

Welcome to PTO DeSmall. This is a great site to discuss many of our concerns and I think it is terrific that you want to further your education by studying Forensic Sciences and eventually going on to become a Public Defender. There are not enough to go around that's for sure.

Until this case I never would have believed we could see so many wrongs being done by our public officials and the crime lab crew. It has opened my eyes for sure. I no longer believe that if a person is arrested "they have the right man."

Schmusi34
07-20-2007, 01:41 AM

You could also say.. why should he have remorse if he did not do anything? And what makes you so sure that he has none? Have you met him, talked to him, written to him? A trial is hardly ever about the truth, it is not about justice it is politics only. How a person reacts in court does not mean anything. Just think, you know you are innocent, you hear lies about you being told by people you thought were your family and friends. You hear evil things about you and you know there are not true. Would you be shocked or would you get angry? Or would you sit there appologizing for something you haven't done? Would you start feeling guilty for something you know you haven't done? Or would you do as your lawyer tells you because you are scared shitless? I know what I would do. It is very easy to judge people, but we never know if we are thinking the right thing when we only go by what we saw in a trial.

weekend
07-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Bottom line...

If you have nothing nice to say- Why say it?
Keep it to your self!

This board is a source of support.

Weekend gal-

RoseMateo51
07-20-2007, 09:23 AM

Oh oh........speaking the truth will get your ass fried here

There is a point of support and there is a point of accepting the truth not matter how harsh

RoseMateo51
07-20-2007, 09:25 AM
You could also say.. why should he have remorse if he did not do anything? And what makes you so sure that he has none? Have you met him, talked to him, written to him? A trial is hardly ever about the truth, it is not about justice it is politics only. How a person reacts in court does not mean anything. Just think, you know you are innocent, you hear lies about you being told by people you thought were your family and friends. You hear evil things about you and you know there are not true. Would you be shocked or would you get angry? Or would you sit there appologizing for something you haven't done? Would you start feeling guilty for something you know you haven't done? Or would you do as your lawyer tells you because you are scared shitless? I know what I would do. It is very easy to judge people, but we never know if we are thinking the right thing when we only go by what we saw in a trial.

This burns me when an outsider to our country tries to access our court system only from information given by a death row inmate.......give me a break; our system is based on justice and not politics only.

Fix your own country before slamming mine

amazed
07-21-2007, 09:57 PM
This burns me when an outsider to our country tries to access our court system only from information given by a death row inmate.......give me a break; our system is based on justice and not politics only.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!:thumbsup:

Schmusi34
07-22-2007, 03:54 PM

Unlike the US Germany stopped the Death Penalty years ago. Plus I have all the right in the world to access your system, my husband is right in the middle of it and I will stand up for his rights no matter what anyone else has to say. Your countries system is not based on justice.. it's based on revenge and politics and if you are honest to yourself you will say I am right. I am not saying that in Germany everything is going right. Apart from that I wasn't slashing your country and there was no need for your harsh comment.
Another thing is.. how do you know where I get my information from? Do you know me by any chance? How do you know that I have not studied law in the US? How do you know I am not a lawyer? And how do you know that I haven't got a US passport? So don't judge what or who you don't know. Thanks

Barbara
07-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Let us not forget that we are a support group. Love Barb

eastsidestu
07-23-2007, 11:43 AM
RoseMateo, don't sweat it. I've been on the net for 13 years now and I know that people like to say things from the comfort of their anonymity that they would never have the guts to say to your face.

There are always going to be conspiracy theorists. These are generally people who believe the earth is flat and that there is indeed a man on the moon.

As to Westerfield, may God save his soul some day. People can pick apart the evidence all they want, but there are so many circumstancial instances of this guys heinous crime. One that always jumped out to me was his trying to coverup his 7AM visit to the dry cleaners on the day he came back from his meanderings around the desert while looking for a place to discard this little girl.

Yes, this place is for support, and Westerfield is a human being and deserves to breathe the same air we breathe, just so long as it is in PC at San Quentin till the day he passes.

eastsidestu
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Unlike the US Germany stopped the Death Penalty years ago. Plus I have all the right in the world to access your system, my husband is right in the middle of it and I will stand up for his rights no matter what anyone else has to say. Your countries system is not based on justice.. it's based on revenge and politics and if you are honest to yourself you will say I am right. I am not saying that in Germany everything is going right. Apart from that I wasn't slashing your country and there was no need for your harsh comment.
Another thing is.. how do you know where I get my information from? Do you know me by any chance? How do you know that I have not studied law in the US? How do you know I am not a lawyer? And how do you know that I haven't got a US passport? So don't judge what or who you don't know. Thanks

You seem to have a temper problem my dear. You ask a lot of questions and you judge the person you are peppering with questions; and then you have the temerity to tell that person not to judge anyone. Priceless.

Schmusi34
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Interesting... I guess that is your theory. You find people like that on the internet all the time. I hope we meet one day and you can tell me that into my face.

eastsidestu
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I would never set foot into Germany...too many Nazi's still alive there.

poodlegirl
07-24-2007, 09:25 PM

I didn't see any Nazi's when I was in Germany.

Anybody notice that when someone asks how someone is doing on death row, it turns into a capital punishment debate, and then someone throws in some name calling? (That's just an observation. I'm not directing this at eastsidestu.)

Apparently David Westerfield is fine. Could we all just leave it at that, and have someone close this thread?

he's no punk
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM

LOL

RoseMateo51
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Let us not forget that we are a support group. Love Barb

But support also involves truth.....without truth, people walk blind and I see alot of that going on.

I'm not going to stand by while someone says our system is based on revenge and politics.....that is pure bs and someone covering up for his crime and getting sympathy

eastsidestu
07-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Someone slams my country, I slam back. I may not be able to stand our president, but that doesn't mean that I don't love my country.

As to Westerfield, I doubt any of his loved ones poke around in here. His crime is so heinous that I doubt he has much support.

Did any of you non-believers ever see the FACT that he was about to plea out and reveal her location when they just so happened to get fortunate and find where he dumped her like trash? At that point, all deals were off.

I have a friend on DR that definitely did the crimes. The difference is that they have incredible remorse.

If you want to support Westewrfield, have at it. That's OK...but don't slam the system that found him guilty.

Schmusi34
07-26-2007, 07:16 AM
In a Democratic World I am allowed to slam the system and give you my opinion. As for supporters of David Westerfield.. He has helped me when I needed help with something I had no idea about. Never judge a person you don't know personally because there is two sides to every story.
As for Germany being Nazi.. I was waiting for that one.. Let me tell you, there are a lot of less Nazis here, than there is in the US. Unlike the US it is forbidden here. And never slash someones passed if you have a bad passed yourself.
Apart from that, coming back to David Westerfield, here it should not matter if someone is guilty or not. Nor does anyone know for sure who is around and in need of help and support here. It has been said so many times on here so stop slagging people down just because you don't like their crime.

RoseMateo51
07-26-2007, 08:18 AM
In a Democratic World I am allowed to slam the system and give you my opinion. As for supporters of David Westerfield.. He has helped me when I needed help with something I had no idea about. Never judge a person you don't know personally because there is two sides to every story.
As for Germany being Nazi.. I was waiting for that one.. Let me tell you, there are a lot of less Nazis here, than there is in the US. Unlike the US it is forbidden here. And never slash someones passed if you have a bad passed yourself.
Apart from that, coming back to David Westerfield, here it should not matter if someone is guilty or not. Nor does anyone know for sure who is around and in need of help and support here. It has been said so many times on here so stop slagging people down just because you don't like their crime.

In a nutshell; you're opinion is wrong and unrealistic.

IF, the court system was operating on revenge, the men and women on death row would have it far worse than they have it now.

In fact, if it wasn't for our death penalty, you wouldn't have an American husband to trot over and see while slamming our system.

Schmusi34
07-26-2007, 02:36 PM
By God you are a bitter woman. Wake up. You have no idea.

RoseMateo51
07-26-2007, 07:36 PM
By God you are a bitter woman. Wake up. You have no idea.

Not bitter.......just not blind like most people in here.

There are VICTIMS and most of you would rather ignore them and I cannot do that any longer; they are part of our men's lives and we have to face the facts the percentage of people on death row who are innocent is miniscule.

You say our courts are based on revenge and politics.....why do you base your beliefs on that? Give us examples that can be backed up....meaning court cases that have been proven to be based on nothing but revenge or politics.....not on someone's word but on facts.

I guess if looking at the truth is being bitter than so be it....I will gladly wear the mantle of truth rather that sit around with my head up my arse pretending something that isn't nor will ever be.

weekend
07-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Perhaps this should be a new topic??
It's running into a life of its own.

Arg!
Weekend gal-

RoseMateo51
07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
probably

Schmusi34
07-28-2007, 02:41 PM
You just have to look around, talk to people, read peoples files and have an open mind. Facts are on Amnesty International pages and lots of other human rights pages, death penalty groups and whatever else. Facts are everywhere. Get to know people, listen to them.
As for the victims.. no one here denies there are victims, my best friend has been brutally murdered, I still would not want to see the person who did it on DR. What you see or hear in court is not always the truth. Showing remorse is shown different by everybody and may not always be the way we think it should be shown. But everyone is different. And as it has been said here many times before.. here it should not matter if anybody is guilty or not.. we are here for support.. and no one can say whos supporters are here and whos not.

weekend
07-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Yep.. yep.....YEP!

I agree.

Weekend gal-

eastsidestu
07-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Yes, facts are everywhere. However, there are people that only care about the facts that suit their own opinion. You sound like one of those people.

Guys that rape and kill 7 year old little girls are put in PC for a reason. Even the lowest of the low in prison would do whatever they could to tear his head off...and I have no problem with that.

I feel sorry for his kids. They are the ones that need support. Imagine if your daddy turned out to be such a monster??

Schmusi34
07-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Sorry but I don't see anyone as a monster. If I would I have to see you as a monster too because people who think it is ok to ripp off peoples heads are not exactly nice people.
And what would happen if his kidds were here for support because they still love their daddy because they happen to think he is innocent?
I guess this is not going anywhere and I am not willing anymore to talk to people who call me a Nazi just because I am German. Have a nice life.

eastsidestu
07-29-2007, 09:36 PM
You're a little sensitive, ain'tcha? You started the thing honey. If you can't back up what you started, you should leave. You are just playing the victim now. I did not call you a Nazi. I did not say I would rip his head off.

Maybe I'm a little pissed off at your country due to the killing of 6 million of my fellow Jews; yet you whine about the DP in the US? Lady, I call that chutzpah.

Whether I believe in the DP or not, I certainly would not feel sorry for Westerfield if there was a little Dahmer Justice done to him.

Focus on your hubby. I'm sure he's innocent (whoever he is) and that the corrupt American justice system railroaded him.

eastsidestu
07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry but I don't see anyone as a monster. If I would I have to see you as a monster too because people who think it is ok to ripp off peoples heads are not exactly nice people.

I wonder how Kellie O'Sullivans child is doing? Do you write her?

TruthJustice
10-14-2012, 01:04 AM
RoseMateo, don't sweat it. I've been on the net for 13 years now and I know that people like to say things from the comfort of their anonymity that they would never have the guts to say to your face.

There are always going to be conspiracy theorists. These are generally people who believe the earth is flat and that there is indeed a man on the moon.

As to Westerfield, may God save his soul some day. People can pick apart the evidence all they want, but there are so many circumstancial instances of this guys heinous crime. One that always jumped out to me was his trying to coverup his 7AM visit to the dry cleaners on the day he came back from his meanderings around the desert while looking for a place to discard this little girl.

Yes, this place is for support, and Westerfield is a human being and deserves to breathe the same air we breathe, just so long as it is in PC at San Quentin till the day he passes.
So him not mentioning that visit to the dry cleaners has more evidentiary value to you than the fact that the cleaners didnít see that bloodstain on a prominent part of the jacket he handed in to them - and also more evidentiary value than the failure of the police to find any evidence he had ever been in the victimís house.

pj663
10-14-2012, 10:56 AM
TruthJustice,

You are responding to a post that was more than 4 yrs ago. Also pto is not a place to debate one's guilt or innocence.

TruthJustice
01-22-2013, 01:41 AM
TruthJustice,

You are responding to a post that was more than 4 yrs ago. Also pto is not a place to debate one's guilt or innocence.
The purpose of this forum is to support prisoners. Presenting evidence of their innocence is powerful support.

pj663
01-22-2013, 09:13 AM
So him not mentioning that visit to the dry cleaners has more evidentiary value to you than the fact that the cleaners didn’t see that bloodstain on a prominent part of the jacket he handed in to them - and also more evidentiary value than the failure of the police to find any evidence he had ever been in the victim’s house.

TruthJustice,

If you read the thread in it's entirety it went into another direction of going back and forth and debating which that's not what PTO is about. On top of that you are rekindling a now 5 year old thread that has the potential to turn into another debate. Please know that we continue to welcome all support for prisoners and their love ones.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/pto/misc/progress.gif

sidewalker
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM
we are NOT going to debate this further.
The OP wanted to know how he was doing.
Any further comments other than to answer the OP are going to be deleted, and the thread closed.