View Full Version : Safe P in Winnsboro,Texas? Johnston Unit - Texas Prison

csfamily
06-07-2005, 03:39 AM
I believe that sometime in August my ex husband will be going to Safe P in Winnsboro,Texas. I mean, I know he will be going but I am not sure of the exact date. Can someone help me find information about Safe Pea? I have questions like what can you send in a care package (if you can send care packages)? How are visits and when are they? What can you bring them when you visit? Do they have to be there a certain amount of time before you can visit them? Are you allowed to write and are they allowed to write you? Do they only let you and let them write so often? What about phone calls? Can they only call collect? Or can you get them a prepaid calling card? Can you call them? Are there scheduled family activities especially around the holidays? I know I have a lot of questions so any help you can give me will help.

csfamily
06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Can anyone help me?

DeLaO
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
My husband is waiting to go to a SAFP in San Diego texas. All that I have learned so far is that visits are on weekends and are two hour contact visits. I don't think they can use the phone. I know its six months and its supposed to be very tough. Its a rehab place but its also a prison. I guess it's up to our guys to make the best of it and get better. If you learn anything else let me know!

veryworried mom
06-07-2005, 11:59 PM
my son was taken to safp on 5/25/05. this is what i know so far.first they took him to a transfer diagnostic unit in huntsville. where he stayed for one week. and it takes tdc three to four days to get them in the system before they can even tell you that they are there.which is very aggravating.
just keep calling. i finally got one women who told me he was there and the date he would be leaving and to what safp unit he was going to. because he takes depression medicine he went to a special needs safpf unit called estelle.on june first he was moved there. i called and asked to speak with his counselor.she was very nice. she told me that my son was a loud to make a call when he arrived but our phone had a collect call block on it and i told her i had it removed and she told me he would call at eight oclock that night and on the dot he called.
we only got to talk for five minutes on speaker phone. they are not aloud to talk about money why i still don't know yet. but i tried to ask him had he got the money i put on his books and the guard or who ever said if you talk about money i will disconnect. but he sounded happy (keep in mind he has been he jail for six months) any way i got one letter since then and it said they do lots of outside exercises morning and night and about four hours of classes, he said the guards are very nice and the counselors and that there are alot of rules (tons of them) he said in was a loud to make store but only to buy hygiene and writing materials. and he can call me again in 35 to 40 days to let me know that he has passed the first stage and that is when he can have his first visit. he said they have very little free time. also visitation is saturdays and sundays and if a family member goes to a special class from 1 to 2 they get a five minute phone call that month. the letter came with rules for visitors and a map on how to get there. also they have available from 2to3 (special arrangements have to be made) a counselor and family members and inmate session. he said part of the place is air-conditioned and part not. he said there are four dorms each has 44 men in them. he said he has a window right by his bunk that looks out on to some beautiful country. i hope this helps you and others because the last two weeks have just been awful for me worriying about him but he sounds happier then i have heard him in the last six months. oh, and i found a place called jpay on the net that puts money on their books pretty fast other wise you have to send for deposits slips from tdc which i still have not gotten. or for a letter to arrive with one in it. and just a heads up the jail he was in, assured me his money would go with him, it didn't. when he writes again with more info. i will post.
thanks for the free therapy!
very worried mom

csfamily
06-08-2005, 12:28 PM
My husband is waiting to go to a SAFP in San Diego texas. All that I have learned so far is that visits are on weekends and are two hour contact visits. I don't think they can use the phone. I know its six months and its supposed to be very tough. Its a rehab place but its also a prison. I guess it's up to our guys to make the best of it and get better. If you learn anything else let me know!

So, they are allowed visits every weekend? So, no phone calls? Thanks for all your help.

csfamily
06-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I do not know the number to the one in Winnsboro. Hmm,they can not talk about money? Well,ok. The exercizes and classes sound good. What kind of classes do they go to? I am glad the counselors and the guards are nice. So, they can call once and can not call again for 35 to 40 days? Then they can visit for the first time? The counselor and family and inmate session sounds good. Thanks for the info about safep and jpay. I know it must be hard on you having your son there. I am here if you need to talk. PM me anytime. Alicia

my son was taken to safp on 5/25/05. this is what i know so far.first they took him to a transfer diagnostic unit in huntsville. where he stayed for one week. and it takes tdc three to four days to get them in the system before they can even tell you that they are there.which is very aggravating.
just keep calling. i finally got one women who told me he was there and the date he would be leaving and to what safp unit he was going to. because he takes depression medicine he went to a special needs safpf unit called estelle.on june first he was moved there. i called and asked to speak with his counselor.she was very nice. she told me that my son was a loud to make a call when he arrived but our phone had a collect call block on it and i told her i had it removed and she told me he would call at eight oclock that night and on the dot he called.
we only got to talk for five minutes on speaker phone. they are not aloud to talk about money why i still don't know yet. but i tried to ask him had he got the money i put on his books and the guard or who ever said if you talk about money i will disconnect. but he sounded happy (keep in mind he has been he jail for six months) any way i got one letter since then and it said they do lots of outside exercises morning and night and about four hours of classes, he said the guards are very nice and the counselors and that there are alot of rules (tons of them) he said in was a loud to make store but only to buy hygiene and writing materials. and he can call me again in 35 to 40 days to let me know that he has passed the first stage and that is when he can have his first visit. he said they have very little free time. also visitation is saturdays and sundays and if a family member goes to a special class from 1 to 2 they get a five minute phone call that month. the letter came with rules for visitors and a map on how to get there. also they have available from 2to3 (special arrangements have to be made) a counselor and family members and inmate session. he said part of the place is air-conditioned and part not. he said there are four dorms each has 44 men in them. he said he has a window right by his bunk that looks out on to some beautiful country. i hope this helps you and others because the last two weeks have just been awful for me worriying about him but he sounds happier then i have heard him in the last six months. oh, and i found a place called jpay on the net that puts money on their books pretty fast other wise you have to send for deposits slips from tdc which i still have not gotten. or for a letter to arrive with one in it. and just a heads up the jail he was in, assured me his money would go with him, it didn't. when he writes again with more info. i will post.
thanks for the free therapy!
very worried mom

sandy6958
03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for all the info... my son was just sentenced to SafeP this Monday and I have no ideal what to expect, except that he would be in jail for at least 13 weeks before transferring him, I have no ideal which location they will place him, I just remember that when he was in RSAT it was so hard to get any kind of information from anyone!

HisWifey4304
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
My husband is at Winnsboro. I can help with questions also.

Ashagirl
03-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Welcome to PTO!

BB's Mom
03-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Welcome to PTO! Let us know what questions you have.

David's Joy
03-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the PTO family.
Joy

txsfmhstn
03-29-2007, 08:17 PM
:) Hello and welcome to PTO :)

dslim45
07-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I reside in Houston, and i'm trying to seek information for someone who's in Harris County right now waiting on a bed for safe p. She wanted me to see if i could find out where the safe p is but i'm having no luck. Can anyone help me with this? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

BB's Mom
07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Here is a link to the TDJC directory it lists what units are SAFP units. I hope this helps.

Unit Directory - Region/Type of Facility/Map (https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/unit_map.html&sa=U&ei=vKt5UaeMOce-2wXbsIHYDA&ved=0CAcQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNELqJ3JnU1w-wktihhGT0srlkifeQ)

If you have any other questions let me know.

chedden81
01-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Hello ppl.. im looking at this safe p place and everyone i know is saying not to go. i revoked my probation after 7 years. 2 years ago i got a dwi and i got a dui chrismas eve. well my probation is down in dallas, tx but im living up in bethalto illinois which is about 20 mins outside of st.louis mo. well they are saying they are going to expedite me back down and give me safep. but is it worth it? i heard you will do 6months in county jail waiting on a bed. then 12 months in safep and then another 6months in a half-way house. i dont know but if there is anyone out there that can give me some advise let me know please. thanks

shellads
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
hi chedden,
I don't know that much i am new here but if they are going to extradite you back there your best bet is to go and turn yourself in to them because my fiance was extradited back to texas from tennessee and it took him 8 days handcuffed and shackled in a cage in the back of a small van and he had to go to South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisanna and then up from the bottom of Texas to get there. I didn't hear from him for all of those days except the 1st day and they had put him in a South Carolina Jail and he luckily got to make a call. He said it was the worst thing he had every been through. He is now in Texas waiting on a bed at safp and has been there since 12/4/07. Hope this a little bit of help to you and good luck with your journey.

allison

chedden81
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
thx.. i was going to turn myself in anyways cuz i also was told that it cost a lot of money. my probation officer said that they would fly me on a plane :)
but ppl say just turn yourself in bc its better that way idk. but what im wanting to know if anyone can tell me a little about it? should i take this safep thing or go to prison? i heard that its a 12 month program and then 6 months of a half way house. then when you get out you get put back on probation, and that just doesnt sound good. so if anyone knows someone thats in there or going threw it or has please let me know -thx

stlacounte
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
My son is in safe-p in Winnsboro Tx.If you E-mail me I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Dress code,visitation,money,the program,This is a great place if the person wants to change. It is hard, but well worth it. Leave your phone # and I will call you if you wish. The program is 6 months, and then up to 3 months in a half way. The wait to get in varies from location to bed availability. The normal wait is 2 weeks to 3 months. My son went in 17 days. You must be clean upon entry, and most people have to be in a " lock-up" for 30 days before consideration.
This place is run by tdc, and is a nice facility. All the guards,people,and workers there are nice,and are there only for the purpose of HELPING the guys recover.
E-mail me and I will call you . Steve

mpmikeymike
01-11-2008, 04:45 PM
My brother is going back soon VOP...lucky not to get Huntsville this time..transfer from Dallas County..it's tough, military style but they get your mind right..unfortunately it is up to the person to keep it right once they get out..he'll probably have to do another 6-month stint

chedden81
01-12-2008, 05:03 AM
if its okay my name is chad and my number is 618-520-2916 call me any time i live central USA. thx

live41god
01-13-2008, 02:13 PM
My son will be going to a Safe P program in the next couple of weeks. I called TDCJ and spoke to someone about the program and she was nice and very helpful. In addition to the 6 month program and 3 month halfway, I was told that there is a 9 month intensive outpatient program. My son wants to know if he should definitely expect to be in the program for 18 months? Thanks!

chedden81
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
see thats what i was told something around 18 months or so. this is what an attorney told me

brittany9080
01-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I am trying to find a good friend that I lost contact with. I was wondering if I tried to contact a SAFP and ask whether he is there or not, would they let me know or turn me down? I know that in some rehabilitation facilities they won't let you know anything at all.

pams lilsis
01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
brittany probably not try the offender line

02-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Can anyone give me detail information about Safe P in Winnsboro? My son will be going there very soon? Im not sure if Im even using this site correctly? Anything anyone knows will be greatly appreciated.

ickysapplebotto
02-29-2008, 10:28 PM
My husband was in SAFP and it was ok. The length that you can be there is 6-9 months and after that you have to go to a 1/2 house for 3-6 months. My husband was in SAFP for 9 months and then he went to the 1/2 house. He ended up violated because he didn't like the fact of being in DALLAS, but still away from me and the kids so he left one day. Winnsboro was ok though. Let me know if you need anymore information.

03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you for answering. Do you know if he has a choice of half way houses...Is there a list? Also, once he is sent how long will it be before he can call me? How do I get him $? Does the $ thats on his books now automatically transfer? Will he be able to let me know before he goes so he can let me know he is going?...

Cendra
03-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Im pretty new to all this.. My boyfriend got transferred to SAFP in Winnsboro a couple of days ago..
Im getting a bit confused, is SAFP and SAFEP the same thing?

03-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I guess it is the same thing?...I am trying to find out all I can about it. If you get any info. please send it my way. Ill do the same.

rooskysmom
03-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi, I am also trying to find out anything and everything i can about safp. My son has been waiting in Dallas County for 4 months to be transferred to safp. Anyone else know of waiting that long? Does anyone know if there is someone or somewhere you can push to find out why it is taking so long? He was told it would NOT be nearly this long!! He was sentenced to safp not TDC so these last 4 months don't count for ANYTHING!! He will still have to spend the 6 months in safp if and when he ever gets there!! Any info will be greatly appreciated!! Since i have no knowledge of what to do or if i even can do anything!!
Thank you...........

Cendra
03-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Ive found out some more about SAFP. It doesnt seem to be a very fun place to be at, but it seems like my boyfriend is doing fine anyway.
They wake up at 4.30am every morning and then they are busy until about 7.30pm. They got some hard rules to follow, like if they let their pants sag they have to pull them up under their armpits. He told his mom about some guys that had been behaving pretty bad and they had to sit down with their hands on their lap for 15 hours a day for weeks.
When they are new they can only send out letters 3 times a week, and only 5 letters a week. They can recieve letters every day though, and as many as they get. They got a counselor and spend about 4 hours a day in different kinds of therapy. Plus they get a job.
I cant say much about being transferred from county.. Nick was supposed to stay in County for 30 days but got transferred after 10 because of good behavior. So tell your son to keep behaving and it might do so he gets transferred anytime soon.

rooskysmom
03-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks Cendra for the info! I actually talked to a lady today and found out his name had been taken off the list due to unpaid traffic tickets even after they were cleared over a month ago they neglected to add his name back to the list so now the liason for inmates verses the prison system is working on trying to get my son transported this week!! Keep your fingers crossed!! And say a prayer! ! Is it true that they can't make phone calls? All they can do is write letters? I just don't know what to expect and would appreciate any and all information I can get about Winnsboro!! Thanks and have a Great Week!!

Cendra
03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
My boyfriend got to make one phone call cos he was worried that we hadnt found out he had been transferred. I dont know if thats something everyone can do though. I think it was his councelor that said he would get one phone call. So yes, only letters. When they are new, for like the first month, they can only send out letters 3 days a week, and only 5 letters per week. There's no limit on how many they can recieve though. There's three levels like that, but i dont know anything about the other two.
They might get phones though, and will then be able to buy calling cards through commisary, but he doesnt have a clue when it will happen.
Ill keep my fingers crossed and hope everything works out!

anxiousdaughter
03-16-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm confused. My dad went to court last Friday and they told the victim in his case that she had the option of deciding where she would like my dad to be sentenced. Either SafeP or The Northeast TX Center in Overton. Well, she wanted to know how long each of these programs lasted. Some atty said they were four month programs. This made the victim uneasy and unable to make her decision accordingly. It was my understanding that the program thru SafeP was an intensive 9 month program beginning when they were finally transferred there. Is the estimated wait time different for everyone and how long is the SafeP program? Also, does anyone know how long The Northeast Treatment Center in Overton lasts? It's important that I find out as my father has his sentencing scheduled on Monday, March 17th at 8:30am. I would like to be prepared with this accurate information so that the victim can make her decision appropriately. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Also, my email is **email address removed per PTO policy} and it would probably be easier to send any feedback there as I just registered and don't quite have this website figured out, yet. Thanks again.
Heather

melmonkey25
03-25-2008, 12:10 PM
My son went to the Johnston Unit in Winnsboro on Wednesday of last week,and l got a letter from him 3 days later. ( otherwise l would not have known where he was!) He didn't call when he got there, as l had assumed. What worries me now is that some people are saying how horrible this facility is, and yet others say it is one of the best SAFP"S in Texas. (???) Any comments? l have gone from feeling pretty good about this place to fear that it will "break" my fragile son and make him even more angry.

rooskysmom
03-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi melmonkey25
My son is also supposed to be going to Winnsboro, but is in Byrd right now. If you hear anything about Winnsboro please let me know. I have been trying to find out everything i can about the place. He was originally set to go there I found out, but had outstanding traffic tickets that held him up so he was taken off the transfer list until recently and then moved to Byrd from Dallas. Now we are hoping he will still go to Winnsboro since it is the closest to us. Did your son also have to go to a transfer facility first? Any info I would appreciate so much. Stay in touch and let me know how your son is doing and feeling about Winnsboro. Take care.........

Lilly2008
03-25-2008, 01:20 PM
My brother is there and I don't think it is the worst place TDCJ has. It is hard for them because of all the rules and schedules but from what my brother says, it makes his days go by faster. Pm me if you need any more info.

jmpmom
03-29-2008, 10:24 AM
My son is supposed to go to Winnsboro also. Until 2 nights ago, he was calling every night. Since then, we haven't heard from him. We are only assuming that he was transferred to Safpf. I'm scared, as I know he is. Can anyone tell me anything about Winnsboro and their unit there? Can they call us to let us know he is there?

jmpmom
03-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi melmonkey25
My son is also supposed to be going to Winnsboro, but is in Byrd right now. If you hear anything about Winnsboro please let me know. I have been trying to find out everything i can about the place. He was originally set to go there I found out, but had outstanding traffic tickets that held him up so he was taken off the transfer list until recently and then moved to Byrd from Dallas. Now we are hoping he will still go to Winnsboro since it is the closest to us. Did your son also have to go to a transfer facility first? Any info I would appreciate so much. Stay in touch and let me know how your son is doing and feeling about Winnsboro. Take care.........

Mine, too. He was in Lamar County. I haven't heard from him in two days. I'm concerned that he'll be mistreated. I hear so much bad stuff from everyone. The lawyer he had said that Winnsboro was a wonderful place, but lawyers, as we all know, lie. Please let me know if you hear anything.

jmpmom
03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
My brother is there and I don't think it is the worst place TDCJ has. It is hard for them because of all the rules and schedules but from what my brother says, it makes his days go by faster. Pm me if you need any more info.

How long has your brother been there?

jmpmom
03-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Ive found out some more about SAFP. It doesnt seem to be a very fun place to be at, but it seems like my boyfriend is doing fine anyway.
They wake up at 4.30am every morning and then they are busy until about 7.30pm. They got some hard rules to follow, like if they let their pants sag they have to pull them up under their armpits. He told his mom about some guys that had been behaving pretty bad and they had to sit down with their hands on their lap for 15 hours a day for weeks.
When they are new they can only send out letters 3 times a week, and only 5 letters a week. They can recieve letters every day though, and as many as they get. They got a counselor and spend about 4 hours a day in different kinds of therapy. Plus they get a job.
I cant say much about being transferred from county.. Nick was supposed to stay in County for 30 days but got transferred after 10 because of good behavior. So tell your son to keep behaving and it might do so he gets transferred anytime soon.

Thanks Cendra. Every little bit of information I get helps me stay a little closer to my kid. I certainly hope he behaves himself! If you find out anything else, please let us know.

rooskysmom
03-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi jmpmom,
I am very new to this but I did find a phone # on TDCJ website for Winnsboro (Johnston Unit) plus you can go onto the TDCJ website and look for offender info put in his name, and all info and they will give you the id # for your son and it will list where he is at. Mine was listed at Byrd, then Beto and now Johnston. Seems they have to take a few side trips before their final destination. I talked with a lady at Winnsboro who was extremely nice and she confirmed that my son was there and getting ready to go thru orientation. I have NOT heard from him yet. I have sent numerous letters to both BYRD and JOHNSTON so hopefully he has gotten at least one of them. I asked him to please write or call and let us know that he is ok. As soon as I hear from him believe me.........everyone on this website will know!!! :) I have heard thru several people that Winnsboro (JOHNSTON) is not real bad....just a lot of rules. They said even the food isn't that bad! Hang in there, believe me....I KNOW IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!!! I have been living it also. And not hearing from him makes your imagination run wild!! Call the unit and confirm that he is there, that will put your mind at ease....a little. Good luck and if i hear anything else i will certainly let you know!!!!!

jmpmom
03-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Thank you so much, rooskysmom. I appreciate all you have said. My prayers are with you.

jmpmom
03-30-2008, 02:50 PM
I got my son's number and location. Now, I can write him, I hope.

Tracy
03-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Good jmpmom. Get those letters going!

jmpmom
03-30-2008, 07:37 PM
My husband is at Winnsboro. I can help with questions also.

Congrats. I'm so happy for you. Is your husband doing ok? Did Winnsboro help him with his problem? I pray that this works with my son.

jmpmom
03-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello ppl.. im looking at this safe p place and everyone i know is saying not to go. i revoked my probation after 7 years. 2 years ago i got a dwi and i got a dui chrismas eve. well my probation is down in dallas, tx but im living up in bethalto illinois which is about 20 mins outside of st.louis mo. well they are saying they are going to expedite me back down and give me safep. but is it worth it? i heard you will do 6months in county jail waiting on a bed. then 12 months in safep and then another 6months in a half-way house. i dont know but if there is anyone out there that can give me some advise let me know please. thanks

My son waited 3 weeks in jail until he was taken to SAFEP. He is supposed to stay there anywhere from 6 to 9 months depending on how well he does. Then, he's supposed to stay in a half-way house for 3 months. Of course, everyone is different; so it could be different for you. I'm so sorry you revoked your probation and after 7 years. You were doing so well. But...the good thing is that they're going to send you back to SAFEP and not prison. Good luck with everything. Keep us posted.

smallngood
04-04-2008, 01:06 AM
To the worried mom about Winnsboro- -it is a very clean SMALL unit. The inmates live in like a big dorm, with bunk beds. They attend classes for their addition of whatevcer they have, attend school if they need a GED, attend other classes to basically help them grow up and except responsibilty. They do work outside, some can go into town even and work- -which to them is a major event- -going into town- -which is a very small town also, but has really nice stores.
Point, he will be OK- -if you have a LOT of money then he should be sent to a hospital and probably will get the same treatment- -meaning the classes. YES, you can write every day if you want, he can have visits every weekend, UNLESS he screws up and gets "cases" then they will cut his visitation to every OTHER week- -it is up to him NOT to mess up, simple. It SHOULD be HIS responsibiltity- -you have done all you can do- -let him do the rest.
I am saying this as a friend, plus my son was there many years ago- -it saved his life, (alcohalic).
Just "chill out" a bit, he will be OK- -beats the heck out of a "normal" prison, l trust me on this. If he screws up again, he WILL see a "normal prison"- -he knows that too, bet he won't tell ya though.
Be safe.

libra1gbc
04-05-2008, 02:22 AM
I got out of safep in sept. it is a 6-9mo. program plus 3mo.in a halfway house closest to his county I waited 3mo. in county before getting a bed some longer he should be going soon its a safe program your son will be safe its a hard program but it saves lives I AM STILL DRUG FREE !!!!!!!!!GOD BLESS GOOD LUCK if you have any more ???? about safep u can e-mail me (email address removed per policy) the other 9mo. are aftercare you are home when you go to it once aweek

chedden81
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
:( well i have about 2 weeks now until my warrant is active, but what i have been told from my probation officer, and my attorney is that its 12 months. then 6 month half-way house. THEN another 6 months of treatment when you get out. after that they said i will get put back on probation. now heres what i can say so far. im not a drug head (no offence), nor am i and alcoholic. i was drinking a few and drove. now i have to face this military/therapy type place. but anyways like i said a long time ago.. is that i heard that its much better for ppl to go to prison then safp. when i was locked up back in 2000. i had a cell mate in there who was 17 years old. i can say one of the coolest ppl i have ever meet. ( real good kid ) and he was telling me that the first night that he arrived @ safp they like sprayed everyone down with a water hose outside in the cold. anyways, the guy said it was terrible and to never go there. but if i dont take safp im look @ up to 4 years in prison. i have an aggravated assault. so what i was told is that if i take prison i would have to spend 50% of my time. i wish someone could help me with this. i just dont want to go to some crazy wacko place where they is a bunch of drug heads and talk about stuff that i dont even know about. it just seems pointless to me. im hoping that i can get a 2 year prison sentence and get out in 1 year. either way i just dont want to go to safp after doing 7 years of probation and then doing around 2 years of this safp crap and get put back on probation. idk guys i just wish i had an answer or if someone could help me with this i have about 1-2 weeks before i have to leave to go back down to dallas/mckinney, tx.
thx for your help and i wish you all the best of luck!

chedden81
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I got out of safep in sept. it is a 6-9mo. program plus 3mo.in a halfway house closest to his county I waited 3mo. in county before getting a bed some longer he should be going soon its a safe program your son will be safe its a hard program but it saves lives I AM STILL DRUG FREE !!!!!!!!!GOD BLESS GOOD LUCK if you have any more ???? about safep u can e-mail me (email address removed per policy) the other 9mo. are aftercare you are home when you go to it once aweek

if this program is 6-9 months and all that other stuff. im just curious... why is my probation officer and lawyer telling me 12 months, 6 month half way house and 6 months of that aftercare. hrmm it just doesnt add up to me. everyone says different things. also heres my delima - i dont have any family down in dallas tx or in texas at all. so this 9 month aftercare (where do i do this at?) i mean can i do it back up in illinois. im just worried that im going to have to stay down in dallas while i do this and not have a place to go. also i just had a little girl and she is only 18 months old. if this program is how you say it is ( 6-9 ) months safp / 3 months halfway house, and 9 months of aftercare then i would much rather take that deal with the bs and get out sooner. i just dont want to miss all the first steps that my child makes. like her first day @ school and stuff. anyways if you can tell me anything more about this aftercare program i would really appreciate it. thx again

libra1gbc
04-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I just got home dec.14 safep in burnet tx. it is a six mo. program 3mo. halfway house i went to ft. worth safep is a tough program but it really helped me i was a drug user for 20 yrs so far still clean you also will have 9mo. after care but you only go 1st aweek

RobinsMan
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
chedden, what is your option to SAFP? I can tell you that Robin sure wishes that she had a choice to take SAFP. She was sentenced to five years for DWI and is still there after two. I have read your posts but can't put together if you have any idea what you expect the alternative to be if you refuse the SAFP. Knowing nothing more I would expect that you would then be open to a sentence of anywhere from two to ten years in prison. The chances of making it out in under 12 months on even a two year sentence is pretty remote and the chances of getting a two year sentence aren't very good, either.

I don't know anything about the aftercare part of SAFP but I would think they would expect you to do it in Texas. That seems to be a question that your PO could answer for you.

I wish you luck and hang in there for that little one!

chedden81
04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
well my probation officer is enforcing me the DA that i go to safp. my warrant is currently active and i should be leaving st.louis to dallas soon. im going to turn myself in and just get a court appointed attorney. i did talk to an attorney that use to be the DA for the judge that i have. she said that he is a very hard judge, oh and she also was his DA for 7 years. she said if im going to take prison time i would be looking at any where from 2-8 years in prison. now from what i have been told agg. assault is now 50% of your time. anyways my probation officer is going to write to the DA and say that she wants to put me in safp. if its a less time that i have to spend in jail. THEN THATS WHAT I WONT. i mean who does, but im just worried about the fact that i have this 9 month after care program and i dont have any family down in dallas or friends that would help me get back on my feet while i was down there doing this. so i mean i dont know what my alt. is. other then the fact of what that lawyer told me. but i should be in jail by next week. anyways if you guys thx, and i hope to write one more time on here before i have to go. gl2u all

Dillon's Wife
04-17-2008, 05:38 PM
chedden, for what it's worth, I attended an aftercare meeting with my sister-in-law about 4 years ago--it was basically a group meeting, sort of like an A/A or N/A meeting. I think you're "focusing on the wrong part of the story" :)
I do understand you being worried that you'll be forced to remain in Texas for the aftercare part, but I'd bet that your probation officer could work something out.
IMO, safp is your best option.
Good luck to you--

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;80/st/20090101/e/Dillon%27s+PRD%21/dt/-1/k/5cb3/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

chedden81
04-17-2008, 05:52 PM
can anyone tell me how long the safp program lasts? I've been told that is last from anywhere from 6-9 months. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

ash1323
05-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi my name is ashley and my husband should be transfered to the safe p in San diego and i was wondering if Winnsboro and San Diego is the same facility. If anyone has any information about it.

Thank you, ashley

MBB
06-06-2008, 12:58 PM
My boyfriend was at SAFP in Winnsboro and Glossbrenner in San Diego.
I also live 17 miles from Winnsboro. SAPF is TDC rehab units. They
are tough in alot of ways. I have done so many post of them I hate to
do it again. There really isn't alot of DRUG/ALC. counceling. That is my
biggest problem. The warden from Winnsboro came and gave a
program at Kiwians in our town a few weeks ago. He told them his
success rate was 90%. I laughed their actual rate is probably 45%.
The biggest majority finish the program do good for a while and some
where along the way they fall back in the same old trap. It is a place
where there is 0 tolerence for violence, so that is a good thing. Good
Luck to both of you. The phone number is (903) 342-6164

ben62663
06-11-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm more than happy to have gone to Winnsboro SAFPF and last week my case was dismissed through the help and support of a system that I had originally thought was only there to set up me and others for failure. SAFPF is not a fun or happy place, but it gave me the opportunity to change the direction I was heading. The 3-4 month wait, the 6 month stay, the about 2 years of aftercare, probation with UA's, and home visits was far preferrable to the 10-20 years in Texas prison, which was my alternative. Please respond if there are any questions or concerns that I can help with. There are alot of myths and rumors that I'm sure I can dispell and help with- Please!

MissPM
06-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Congrats. I'm so happy for you. Is your husband doing ok? Did Winnsboro help him with his problem? I pray that this works with my son.

Hello all
I would like to know what all to expect. My son just went and he has never been in any type of trouble ever with the law. This was his first offense and I pray his last. I have heard horror stories about SafeP and success stories. I would like to know if it is better than TDC? We did not want him to go there but is this place any better. I realize it will be tough for him and he is trying to keep his head up as well as the family. Does this place have a habit of changing imates personalities while they are there? Do they abuse imates? Will good young adults go bad from this experience. I can't save him or make his decisions but i would like to know that i alone with SafeP can help him. Please help with any advice, suggestions. This is my first time dealing with the law concerning one of my children and I am somewhat concerned. Thank you to all that respond or reply MissPM

kaclanto
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
My husband is waiting to be sent to special needs Safe P?
Is it a 6 month program or 9 month program?

BB's Mom
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Special needs SAFP is a 9 month stay, follow by a halfway house and then an aftercare program.

brettw
07-26-2009, 02:38 AM
What is the difference in special needs facility? Because I've had alot of medical trouble in the last 6-8 months. Is it basically the same thing as regular dorms in safe p? Or something totally different? Thanks for any replies I can get.

ppatrick
09-14-2009, 08:49 PM
So, they are allowed visits every weekend? So, no phone calls? Thanks for all your help.
I dont know either..have you gotten anymore info, my son will be going and we dont know wht to expect when he gets there. any info please? phone calls, processing contact visits? my email address is
[E-mail address removed per PTO Guideline - You may contact this member by private message.]

Dizzlegirl
10-02-2009, 06:25 AM

Hey, are you still on here? Can you help me with release questions?????

Dizzlegirl
10-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Not sure how to use this site......... Is there anyone out there that still has someone at SAFEP in Winnsboro????????????

Dizzlegirl
10-02-2009, 06:29 AM
:( well i have about 2 weeks now until my warrant is active, but what i have been told from my probation officer, and my attorney is that its 12 months. then 6 month half-way house. THEN another 6 months of treatment when you get out. after that they said i will get put back on probation. now heres what i can say so far. im not a drug head (no offence), nor am i and alcoholic. i was drinking a few and drove. now i have to face this military/therapy type place. but anyways like i said a long time ago.. is that i heard that its much better for ppl to go to prison then safp. when i was locked up back in 2000. i had a cell mate in there who was 17 years old. i can say one of the coolest ppl i have ever meet. ( real good kid ) and he was telling me that the first night that he arrived @ safp they like sprayed everyone down with a water hose outside in the cold. anyways, the guy said it was terrible and to never go there. but if i dont take safp im look @ up to 4 years in prison. i have an aggravated assault. so what i was told is that if i take prison i would have to spend 50% of my time. i wish someone could help me with this. i just dont want to go to some crazy wacko place where they is a bunch of drug heads and talk about stuff that i dont even know about. it just seems pointless to me. im hoping that i can get a 2 year prison sentence and get out in 1 year. either way i just dont want to go to safp after doing 7 years of probation and then doing around 2 years of this safp crap and get put back on probation. idk guys i just wish i had an answer or if someone could help me with this i have about 1-2 weeks before i have to leave to go back down to dallas/mckinney, tx.
thx for your help and i wish you all the best of luck!

what did you do????????

allengayle
11-09-2009, 07:26 PM
although this reply is way too late I can answer the question about NTTC. The program length is at least 9 mos. - that is best case. My son was there 10 1/2 mos and he was ahead of many - some had to stay longer and they won't tell you why except that there are stages that have to be completed according to the rules. My major complaint about the center was that they did not help them get jobs or have any aftercare. It would have been a good place if they would have had aftercare. My son did pretty well for a few months then started to slide back slowly until after a year he got a dwi and pot possesion then 20 days later got another dwi and pot possession in another county. His original intox. assault 10 yr probation was revoked and he has a warrant for his arrest right now. His lawyer ask us what we thought about shooting for safp but we don't know anything about it. My son did say that NTTC was a good place with professional running it and they didn't jerk you around. Don't think they'll go for sending him back - obviously it didn't work.

luvs2step
12-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Not sure how to use this site......... Is there anyone out there that still has someone at SAFEP in Winnsboro????????????

My husband has been at SAFP in Winnsboro since July of this year. He got his discharge papers on Friday and is awaiting his release date, which we anticipate will be around the first of January. How can I help you?

rebel child
07-17-2010, 05:23 PM
I have someone in there now! The first week they are there they are not allowed to have visits. Visitation are sat & sun from 8-5! They are contact visits for 2hr. They are allowed 5 stamps a wk. So yes you can write and so can he. Ummm.... the first 30 days they are not allowed to buy anything from the store or watch tv. I was informed that after the first 30 days they are allowed to make phone calls. The care packages i really dont know about.

PuppyPak9
07-21-2010, 03:01 PM
My son just arrived at the Johnston Unit a few days ago. I've been very anxious for a letter from him so that I can write him back. How do I address his letter? I have his TDCJ number. Do I just address it to the physical address for the unit, not a PO Box? How do I find out when he can have visitors?

Thanks in advance for your help!

rebel child
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
You will put his name on the enevlope and beside his name you will put his TDC # then under his name you will put Johnston Unit under that you will put 703 Airport Road Winnsboro Tx, 75494

rebel child
07-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Ok, Ppl I got a question for yall! I was told by a inmate that there was some where on here i could go and there would be question to write them and ask! So it would be like we ask them something and put are answer on a different sheet of paper and then they would write us back and answer what we sent them? Does anyone have an ideal what he might be talking about if so plz reply to me and let me know. Thank you so much

csexton
08-09-2010, 03:44 AM
my son just arrived at the johnston unit a few days ago. I've been very anxious for a letter from him so that i can write him back. How do i address his letter? I have his tdcj number. Do i just address it to the physical address for the unit, not a po box? How do i find out when he can have visitors?

Thanks in advance for your help!

hello, my husband is at johnston unit---since july. If you have any questions please ask me and i hope i can help you!

turbohorse02
08-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks for putting my mind to rest about your son & staff, been having nightmares about articles from past inmates. Many Blessings!

Mommy2Aubrie
09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
My baby went in on May 24th. He got 30 extra days. :( I am still holding strong though. :D

skeenom
03-30-2011, 09:35 PM
I could certainly use some advice, this is day 3 and I am already so confused!!
Can you fill me in on phone calls (where do I pre-pay), and I read somewhere you can send e-mails????
There is really not a lot of information out there :-(
Please help!!

MSampson86
04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I could certainly use some advice, this is day 3 and I am already so confused!!
Can you fill me in on phone calls (where do I pre-pay), and I read somewhere you can send e-mails????
There is really not a lot of information out there :-(
Please help!!

Hey I can give some info if you'd like. first of all what Safp did your loved one go to? My husband has been at Johnston Unit in Winnsboro since february 9th. As far as the phone...you have to have a land line first of all (NO cell phones). The first thing you need to do is register your landline with TDCJ.... Then once your loved one can be found in the system you can go to Jpay to add money to their account. You can search for them on the internet. We use the Offender Debit Account. When you go to jpay and search for them make sure you put a "0" in front of their tdcj #. If you don't know how to find this out Private message me and I'll let you know instructions to do that. Another cool thing you might not know about is family education. I'm not sure if all Safp's have this but at the Johnston unit. You can attend Family Education every Saturday at 9am. This is a 2hr class that you can your loved one can sit through together. Then after the class you will still get your regular 2hours visit as well. So basically it gives you 2 extra hours with them. Once you have visited this class 10times you will be granted 2 extra hours of visitation time (only one time). Then you can start over and do it again. I've been to 8 so far. If your loved one is not at the Johnston unit you should be able to call the unit and ask if they have family education and the rules. If you have any other questions please ask. I'll be glad to answer anything I can. I didn't have a lot of information when my husband went and only because I found a woman whose brother was in the same unit as my husband did I get any. She helped a lot. So I'm more than willing to pay it forward!

SGReyes64
07-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello everybody, Im new at this, I hope Im in the correct place. My Son is on a waiting list for Safe Pete in San Diego TX. H is getting 6months in rehab and then 3 months in a half way house some where in Corpus Christy. I wonder and worry I cant sleep too many thoughts are roaming in my mind. I have been reading the posted questions and see that every one needs information about these places. I also see that some of the posted are very out dated a back as 2005! I have lots of questions. My son has been waiting a month the inmates tell him that the wait is about 3 to 4 months give or take. I can't believe that the time he is in waiting is wasted time? How can that be fair on anyone? My son turned himself in cause he did not have a job and did not want my husband and I to be paying for all these fees that come with probation, he did not find that fair for us. He was told that it would take a maximum of 2weeks waiting time to Safe Pete San Diego... still waiting? Why? My concern is I read about loved ones going in or waiting, but has anyone come out? Has any anyone got out with a success/positive out come? How did you and your loved one benefit from this program? Would you recommend some one to enlist? Was it worth the long wait? I would like to read/hear about or from someone that has been in the inside to guide or educate us new starters of what to expect. Important things we should know, and what or how can we help our loved one during the process. I would appreciate any information that you can give. Thank you

WilcoMom
07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi Sylvia. My son is in SAFP now. SAFP stands for Substance Abuse Felony Punishment. How long he waits will depend on where and when a bed is available for him. They say they send them to the closest unit to their home, but that's not necessarily true. There is a SAFP unit an hour from our home, but he is six hours away because that is where there was a bed available at the time. As far as I can tell, most everyone else at that unit is fairly local. There is one other couple I see that has a very long drive also. My son has been there two months now. There is an adjustment period which they call 'orientation' and it takes about 30 days. He will be assigned a 'big brother' to teach him the rules and the ropes and help him make it through those 30 days. Those seemed to be rough days for my son, but each week since then I've seen positive signs of adjustment and change. It is a confrontational program, and at first I was very concerned about that. But, I've seen positive change and my opinion is changing. There is a family class every Saturday you may attend with him, and then there is a regular 2 hour visit afterwards. There are 800+men at this unit, and the sad thing to me is that only about 20 men and their families are in the Saturday family classes. My personal opinion is that those most likely to succeed afterward are in that family class, because they have the love and support of their family behind them. I encourage you to attend those family classes with him.

scaredwife2012
12-21-2012, 06:13 PM
My husband was sentenced today to SAFP and I am trying to find ANY information about everything involved.....

will my kids and I get to visit? What about phone calls? How will he get money? What happens while he is there? This is all so new to me and I am terrified by the unknown. I was told he won't be going until sometime in January so I figured it best to get as knowledgeable as I can between now and then!

Thank you so much!!!

My son is in safe-p in Winnsboro Tx.If you E-mail me I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Dress code,visitation,money,the program,This is a great place if the person wants to change. It is hard, but well worth it. Leave your phone # and I will call you if you wish. The program is 6 months, and then up to 3 months in a half way. The wait to get in varies from location to bed availability. The normal wait is 2 weeks to 3 months. My son went in 17 days. You must be clean upon entry, and most people have to be in a " lock-up" for 30 days before consideration.
This place is run by tdc, and is a nice facility. All the guards,people,and workers there are nice,and are there only for the purpose of HELPING the guys recover.

pippi2013
12-22-2012, 12:40 AM
My husband is in the Johnston Unit Safp. He calls me at least once a week since I have registered my landline with Securus. He calls me collect for about 20 minutes at a time. You can Google Texas Prison Phone to find the website to get a landline registered. I think they only get a phone call every 90 days if they don't have someone with a registered phone on their phone list. I put money on his books through JPay. I can have writing materials sent to him. The only books he can have are spiritual, educational, or inspirational. On JPay I can pay for electronic stamps to send email messages to him and they get to him within 48 hours. It takes around a week for regular mail to get to him. He is allowed to have as many pictures as he wants. He told me they are only allowed to go to commissary at certain times and sometimes he misses out because he's out working. I don't know how many minutes they are allowed to have for phone time. I hope this info helps.

scaredwife2012
12-22-2012, 01:18 AM
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR REPLYING!!! I am absorbing any information I can get or find. I know about securus because that's what we use now with him in Tarrant county. Although through securus now, I have my cell phone registered and that's what he calls. We don't have a land line in our house because we all had cell phones. Is there something pertaining to the safp units that it has to be a landline or are cell phone lines acceptable? Are they only allowed to call once a week from safp? I'm a little familiar with jpay as that's what a friend of mine uses to keep in touch with her husband in the hutchins unit. What do you mean you can have writing materials sent to him? What can be mailed to them in the safp? What are they allowed to have in there in regards to personal items. You mentioned he can have as many pictures as they want....are there any other things they are allowed to have? Drawings/coloring pages from little ones? Mementos from the family? A special charm or something symbolic to them? What do you mean 'when he is out working"? Do the leave the facility and work in the local area or do you mean something else. I'm so sorry if I am bombarding you with questions.....I am just trying to do all that I can to get as much information for myself and my kids, as well as for my husband, before he gets there so we are all prepared for what is coming. Do you know anything about visitations? We have a 17 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter....can they visit? How often are the visitations? Are they in a place like the jail with plexiglass and a phone between you or would we be in the same room where he could get a hug from our kids or from me?
ANY information or direction you, or anyone else out there, can give me will be SOOOOOOO appreciated.

My husband is in the Johnston Unit Safp. He calls me at least once a week since I have registered my landline with Securus. He calls me collect for about 20 minutes at a time. You can Google Texas Prison Phone to find the website to get a landline registered. I think they only get a phone call every 90 days if they don't have someone with a registered phone on their phone list. I put money on his books through JPay. I can have writing materials sent to him. The only books he can have are spiritual, educational, or inspirational. On JPay I can pay for electronic stamps to send email messages to him and they get to him within 48 hours. It takes around a week for regular mail to get to him. He is allowed to have as many pictures as he wants. He told me they are only allowed to go to commissary at certain times and sometimes he misses out because he's out working. I don't know how many minutes they are allowed to have for phone time. I hope this info helps.

Mom in TX
01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I think some of your answers are going to depend on what SAFP facility he gets sent to. My son is in Johnston, and I have my cell phone registered, and he calls me on it - as far as I know, he is allowed to call any day, but there are special times that he allowed (normally in the evening). We get 2 hour visits, and its in an open room with others who are visiting thier loved ones - we sit across the table from each other, but are allowed to hug at the beginning and the end of the visit, and you can hold hands on top of the tables. Families w/children are usually sat in a seperate room w/other families - not sure of the age limit, but children are not counted in the 2 visitor limit that is allowed. Currently, the visits are on Sat/Sun - although a couple of weeks ago, one of the guards mentioned that there may be a change coming soon, that would make the visitation any day of the week (not sure how that would work, as this was all he mentioned).
As far as items they are allowed to have, my son was not allowed to take anything with him, from county jail, except his bible and pictures. But, he has purchased a photo album from the commissary. I'm sure they can have childrens drawings, but I would ask someone before sending anything that had any sort of glitter, etc, as that may not be allowed. I was using Jpay to send money, but since the ecommdirect site has been active, I send all money to him through that site, as it is a little bit cheaper on the fees. I don't know a thing about any of the other facilities.

sandyjo
01-21-2013, 10:41 PM
My fiance went on jan 16th to johnston unit safpf. Where do i find the info for classes, visitation, if i can visit....things of that sort. I would appreciate it very much.

Dora Womack
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
HI ya'll my name is Dora. My husband is in county for not reporting. He had his parole revocation hearing on 3-25 & on 3-29 the parole board made their decision to send my husband to safp . any info about safp will be appreciated. Would he go into a prison for this or what? How long does this usually take?

joe's wife
04-19-2013, 08:17 PM
There is different things that factor in the situation, if he was sentenced to Safp, there is where he will go. Sometimes that make them aware of the time that will be spent and where and other times it's a catch 22. My husband and I have been going through this back and forth thing for almost 15 years. This is his first time going to Safp but he has been to ISF. I have done alot of research on the different locations that he may be sent to. IM me and we can search and get information together. My husband just left the county a few days ago and is currently located at the BYRD unit. I really wish that they will send him somewhere close to home so that I am able to attend classes with him. I have so many mixed emotions, but is glad that the process has started to begin, the county time was dead time and didnt count for anything.....:rolleyes:

worriedmomsl
04-24-2013, 06:42 PM
My husband was in SAFP and it was ok. The length that you can be there is 6-9 months and after that you have to go to a 1/2 house for 3-6 months. My husband was in SAFP for 9 months and then he went to the 1/2 house. He ended up violated because he didn't like the fact of being in DALLAS, but still away from me and the kids so he left one day. Winnsboro was ok though. Let me know if you need anymore information.

I'm sorry to put in here but can't figure this site out enough yet. My son left Tues to go to Safp and I know it's in Texas but don't know where till he writes me that info. He did send me a letter and told me to go to tdcj.com and look up his name and get his number then i could go to jpay and put money there for him but I have tried and tried and i can't because it insist i put in his id number and i don't know that yet? I knew it when he was in county but i know it has to be dif now right? My question is so I guess i have to wait for him to mail me a letter with his number before i can put money for him right?

Thank you for any help
Stacy

worriedmomsl
04-24-2013, 09:19 PM
email removed per policy - please PM member
my son just went there and i need all of that info. you said you had. Please email me
Thank You,
Stacy Lahorgue

worriedmomsl
04-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Here is a link to the TDJC directory it lists what units are SAFP units. I hope this helps.

If you have any other questions let me know.

I wanted to thank you for posting this link it helped me alot last night. I spent hrs on the computer looking for the info. I needed and finally got it. Now I know where my son is and his ID number.

Again thank you,
Stacy

learntowalk
07-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Hello all:

My step son has been sent to the Johnston Unit-he has been there about 3 weeks now. So far, from what I can tell, he transitioned from County on 6/25 and was taken right there-no processing in Huntsville or anywhere else. He has been doing "intake" however I started writing right away, put some $$ on his books for hygiene items, boots and a fan, and I sent some books. From what I can tell from his letters, he is working very day (since he has his GED and some college), he is in Bible study, grief counseling and behavior modification classes. He has been very clear to tell us that "this is NOT rehab". He says " We are convicts, in the prison system who are learning to take responsibility for our crimes and our attitudes, we are not really learning to cope with the real world without drugs and alcohol. "

The place is not air-conditioned (which in Texas summers must be hard), but he says he is in good spirits. We have gotten a few phone calls (got our cell phone approved for Texas friends and family) and we have been cleared for visiting. We have to go and get his stuff from county (although we don't think there is much still there). He is not getting any meds for his medical issues and/or depression, although we are not certain that since he is currently not drinking, there may not currently be a need for the meds.

Place has a pretty solid reputation from the various studies I have seen. He is counting the days (we are not since we have been around this block more than a time or two) but we are grateful to God for where he is right now.

sonyamarietx
07-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Anyone have any info? My friend is being transferred there now. Phone, visitation schedule, contact visits, what to expect, jpay?
Have address, just need inside info....

Thanks!

I believe that sometime in August my ex husband will be going to Safe P in Winnsboro,Texas. I mean, I know he will be going but I am not sure of the exact date. Can someone help me find information about Safe Pea? I have questions like what can you send in a care package (if you can send care packages)? How are visits and when are they? What can you bring them when you visit? Do they have to be there a certain amount of time before you can visit them? Are you allowed to write and are they allowed to write you? Do they only let you and let them write so often? What about phone calls? Can they only call collect? Or can you get them a prepaid calling card? Can you call them? Are there scheduled family activities especially around the holidays? I know I have a lot of questions so any help you can give me will help.

learntowalk
07-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Anyone have any info? My friend is being transferred there now. Phone, visitation schedule, contact visits, what to expect, jpay?
Have address, just need inside info....

Thanks!

He can call once he gets cleared out of intake. Visitation only on weekends, you have to be on his list, your address on your DL has to match the list, and he has to be cleared for visitors. Our son has been there three weeks and just got cleared. Normal TDCJ process for phone. Visits are in the "visiting room", you can bring in change for the vending machine, your ID and keys-nothing else. JPAY is the way, he as to pay for all of his hygiene, additional clothes, shoes and a fan-we put 150 on to start and it was not enough. No snacks until moved up in privileges.

Hope that helps