View Full Version : Things to do in prison (Fun things to send in letters?)

PsychicFriendzy
04-14-2003, 01:35 AM
I am new to this and was just wondering what things I could print and send to an inmate to occupy some time. So far I have sent song lyrics, and funny emails. But I have been looking for printable puzzles and fun personality quizzes but have not found what I am looking for. Someone suggested clip art- Any ideas?

Val6968
04-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I've sent some Origami (Japanese paper folding) patterns I found online along with origami paper. Although just the patterns are okay too.

Val

Chevygal55
04-14-2003, 12:39 PM
You might also want to check into sites to what ever it is the one you write to likes. If they like a certain sport send info on that.... if they like fishing maybe articles on that....etc.... also we have a monthly newsletter here that you can print out and send~

Welcome to PTO~

Beck

Ken
04-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Here is a site for puzzles...

http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery.com/WordSearchSetupForm.html

Here is a horoscpoe site - (There are many that you don't have to pay for...)

http://www.adze.com/

Fun things to do...

http://www.megspace.com/lifestyles/michael6076/MichaelSez/funthings.html

Try some of these... hope this helps!

BillysAngel
04-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Ha!! Teb I was gonna send the puzzle one!!! Isn't that a great thing!!! I made a few and sent them :)
diane

danielle
04-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Jokes, jokes, and lots of jokes!

My husband gets magazines and I send him a lot of sci-fi stories. I have sent a few quizzes and puzzles - he gave them away! LOL That's my guy! ;)

Ken
04-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Actually, I buy one of the puzzle books and tear out 5 pages at a time and send them. (I have a limit of 5 pages of non-letter material) I buy the books that have a variety of puzzles in them and then they are not all the same...

The fun thing however about the internet site for the puzzles is that you can 'customize' them to words, phrases and things that mean something to the two of you! You can have FUN with that beleive me!

clovar7247
04-16-2003, 08:59 AM
THANKS I NEVER THOUGHT OF SENDING OUT INFO ON MY SONS FAV FOOTBALL TEAM

lulu
04-16-2003, 09:03 AM
great idea Teb,

Welcome to pto as well PsychicFriendzy

tonib
05-26-2003, 03:07 PM
I went to the puzzlemaker site and thought I would try it out. So, if this paste works out a copy of one of the ones that I made will appear in this post. If it doesn't then please take my word for it that it does work!

Trial

Across
1. where to go for help
3. one of our birdies
4. very important to loved ones
6. had a tough month
7. started this forum
8. another word for PTO members
Down
1. likes to offer flowers
2. one of the most popular forums
5. where you can safely vent

tonib
05-26-2003, 03:11 PM
hmmm, didn't work. Try this:

http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery.com/code/BuildCrissCross.asp

tonib
05-26-2003, 03:14 PM
okay...try this:

Criss Cross Puzzle

knuffiwelt1
05-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Here you will find so maaaaaaaaaaaany free printables and Ideas...I really love this site....have fun
http://www.thefrugalshopper.com/printables.html

tonib
05-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Shoot. Never mind. Just not working for me. Anyway, there are lots of fun puzzles that you can make and send.
Try them out!
Sara, this is the site that I was telling you about...hint, hint
:-D

nobother
05-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Would prisons deny a word search or other type of puzzle that involves words seeing as how there might be a perceived risk of sending a hidden code such as when an escape is to occur or something like that? I would like to send some word searches to Brian, but am thinking it would never get past the mail room people and actually into his hands because of security policies on mail for offenders.

mrsharris
05-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Anybody know about Texas?

CET
06-03-2003, 11:49 PM
I sent some of the word searches from puzzle maker and they never mentioned them...wonder if they got them. I just had the idea to send origami and thought it was original! hah. Well anyhow I had this calendar origami thing from Target that was $8 and had 365 pages with one a design and one a colored sheet. I've been ripping those off about 5 at a time and sending them. I'll have to remember to ask them if they got them. Holly

Trulykath
06-04-2003, 06:31 AM
I sent Skip word search puzzles (he's in Texas) and he's gotten them all!

kath

JJH
06-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Where do you find the monthly newsletter?

Butterfly4701
06-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Does anyone have more ideas to send in letters?

msveggie
06-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Do you like to play games? I created a chessboard for my son and he plays chess with people through the mail. If there is some way I can attach it for everyone then I will. It works out very nice. I think those of you who play the game will like the way I have it set up. It needs to be done in pencil so you can move the pieces.

lovinbilly4ever
06-13-2003, 04:10 AM
hey there. alright, you want FUN & FUNNY quizes? go to thespark.com
they have some of the funniest quizes. like "death test" & "sex test" (they try to determine your sex) to "purity test" to "bitch test". i recommend you check out that website.
oh but, now that i think about, it he would have to send you back the quizes so you could input the answers, so they could give you the "answers". but check it out anyways

Butterfly4701
06-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks all!

I love this site: http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery...dCrissCross.asp

you create your own puzzle.. he loved that.... ;)

Just saw another link from someone regarding writing sexy/x rated letters www.pillowtalk.com

You think they will give him that letter if its sexy? Would it be allowed? My hubby would love that hahahaha!!!!!

Kaedren
06-20-2003, 03:57 AM
:haha:

I think Butterfly4701's link is appropriate for what happens AFTER you send the sexy letters :D

I sent him some puzzles (with the solutions included in this letter) and then later sent him the puzzles without solutions and included the solution in the next letter.

hahah He didnt like having to wait a few days for the solutions hahaha My response to him was "how do you keep a moron in suspense" -- Sorry i have a warped sense of humor. :ha:

Thanks for the ideas! keep them coming!

malibu10
07-03-2003, 07:59 PM
I was told that my son could get books only if they were sent directly from the publisher. NOT from me, or any other private party.
I have been trying to get a copy of my latest book to him, but haven't had the money so far to order it full price from the publisher. The publisher has told me they would be happy to send it to him, once I send them the money.
He also can't receive anything clipped from the newspaper or magazines.

malibu10
07-03-2003, 08:10 PM
My son will love the word search puzzles. Now I just need to think of more topics and words. You would think, that as a writer, I could come up with lots of words. LOL

malibu10
07-03-2003, 09:13 PM
I've made LOTS of different puzzles for my son. He is gonna LOVE this!