View Full Version : County to TDC...how long does it take?

Kitty872
07-14-2005, 10:48 PM
How long did it take for your loved one to get from county to TDC? My man caught chain on wed. and I still can't get any info on him. Why does it take so long? I mean, they know where he went to...so why can't that tell me at least that??

Layla

LAT
07-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Do you mean how long before we heard from them? I tracked him via the status line, but I didn't get a letter for a couple of weeks. Have you called the status line?

earthangel184
07-15-2005, 02:21 AM
i was able to find my husband 2 or 3 days after he was transfered, i got a letter from him about a week and a half to two weeks after he was transfered. hope this helps!

RMD4EVER
07-15-2005, 10:15 AM
my fiance was transfered last thursday i still havent heard from him yet so i tried to call the 800 but the number he had in jail is someone else"s number guess we just got to be patient hope to hear something soon and i hope you do also

txchic
07-15-2005, 10:21 AM
You should be able to get his information by now I think you need to call Huntsville number to get his information or you can call the county and find out where they were taking him. The area I am from (San Antonio area) the intake and processing unit is Garza West you can call the unit he went to and get his TDC #.

RD you can't use his county jail # you have to get his TDC # to get his information on the automated system.

Hope this helps. God bless and please feel free to pm me with any other questions you may have.:thumbsup:

Kitty872
07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks you guys....I just couldn't get them to give me his TDCJ number yet to find out anything on his since his paperwork wasn't processed yet. I have it now though!! He is at the Holiday Unit.

Jillian
07-15-2005, 01:42 PM
RMd you need to talk to an operator and theywill be able to help you..
All you need is his birthday..

Layla i am glad that you found him.. hope you hear from him soon...

RMD4EVER
07-15-2005, 05:23 PM
OH OK ILL GET ON THE PHONE THANKSRMd you need to talk to an operator and theywill be able to help you..
All you need is his birthday..

Layla i am glad that you found him.. hope you hear from him soon...

jeroid's gal
07-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks you guys....I just couldn't get them to give me his TDCJ number yet to find out anything on his since his paperwork wasn't processed yet. I have it now though!! He is at the Holiday Unit.

I see your loved one just got transferred to the Holliday Unit. My baby went there on the July 5th and I'm not sure about something. Since it's a transfer facility does that mean they will be transferred again? Well how long is it before your loved one gets out? I also found out that they can't have visitation until they've been in there from 30 to 90 days. Aint that crazy? So how do you make your days go faster, because I'm struggling.

RedboneQT
07-22-2005, 12:57 AM
It took my man 30 days to transfer from the county to TDC. I tracked him down about 2 days later. Sometimes you can call the county and they can tell you where he went.

It takes 90 days for contact visit. You can visit them as soon as they fill out their visitation list. Don't get too comfortable about where he's staying at though. Since it's a transfer facility, more than likely he'll leave within a month depending on his sentence. My man got 4 years and I called Huntsville and they said more than likely he'll keep going to transfer units. This is his 2nd transfer and he's been there about a month. He's a a state jail serving TDC time. I hope this information helped you a lil bit. Take care and God bless.

bwalls
07-22-2005, 09:14 PM
One thing that I have found that is helpful is to log onto Vinelink.com. Register your loved one there and they will notify you each time they are moved.

Silva
07-23-2005, 02:49 AM
I have to disagree about Vinelink. Ray has been in Middleton now since June 3 and he still isnt showing on Vinelink. It worked ok when he was in County and when they gave him to TDC, but not since then.

Kitty872
07-23-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm sorry it took me so long to post this! :(
Yes, it means they will be transferred again...but I was told when I called there that they can be there anywhere from 2hours to 2 years. Now that is crazy. My hubby got 4 years but his release date is 3/30/2007 if he doesn't get parole. and NOPE no darned visitation. They lady there already knows my name when I call...lol. I call everyday monday through friday. There is always a chance thier paperwork can get finished early...so keep calling! Oh girl, I find ways to keep me busy...if i didn't i would go crazy. I work full time, I've got a 14 and an 8 year old, I am going back to school...they are going back to school...lots of things to fix around the house...oh i could go on and on. If I stop, I get sad. So I have to stay busy!
PM me if you need to talk okay??

Layla

I see your loved one just got transferred to the Holliday Unit. My baby went there on the July 5th and I'm not sure about something. Since it's a transfer facility does that mean they will be transferred again? Well how long is it before your loved one gets out? I also found out that they can't have visitation until they've been in there from 30 to 90 days. Aint that crazy? So how do you make your days go faster, because I'm struggling.

Kitty872
07-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Really ????
that is so cool! Thank you!

Layla

One thing that I have found that is helpful is to log onto Vinelink.com. Register your loved one there and they will notify you each time they are moved.

jftazzy102
07-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Once a inmate hits TDCJ vinelink no longer works...so silva is right again...

I have to disagree about Vinelink. Ray has been in Middleton now since June 3 and he still isnt showing on Vinelink. It worked ok when he was in County and when they gave him to TDC, but not since then.

Kitty872
07-23-2005, 09:10 PM
oh....well it was worth a shot. lol. thanks again!!

Babylove135
08-11-2005, 09:59 PM
My fiance has been waiting to go to tdc from county for almost 4 months now. Each week I call and still he sits in county. Its driving me nuts but I know I have no control over it. How long can he sit there? As long as TDC wants? This stinks. Oh well nothing I can do but wait.