View Full Version : Questions about Nottoway Correctional Center/Work Center

DEEUGENE
03-01-2005, 07:42 AM
I NEED INFO ON A MAN NAMED DERICK EUGENE MASSIE...GOT OUT OF NOTTOWAY ON JULY 7, 2003..IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW

kevsravven
06-01-2005, 06:03 AM
I can ask my love in Nottaway if he knew him, dont know if that would help you much tho. He has been in Nottaway since 2002.

kevsravven
06-01-2005, 06:09 AM
the Warden isnt Dave any more. It is now Warden Douglas M. Vaughan. He used to be the assistant Warden when Dave was the Warden. Dave is now at Red Onion. They also have a new Assistant Warden, but I cant remeber his name :( Also, I have a complete (ha- minus the things they never tell you) copy of the visiting regs for Nottaway to post, but it is taking forever for me to retype from their pages. It is about 9 pages long. should I send that directly to you as a admin or just post it to a specific thread?

Nottoway Correctional Center/Nottoway Work Center
Photo by Fred Settle

Nottoway Correctional Center

not dave anymore :P

MoMo
06-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Send it to betrayed 4 life She is the current forum leader of this forum. I would pm her and ask her how she would like it posted. It is great you want to share this for members. :)

Thanks!!

kevsravven
06-01-2005, 06:19 AM
heh..I know how hard they are on visitors :) I drive down every weekend and have now for 6 years. Some days better some worse, but always hard, any my drive is only 7 hours one way...so I figure if people from further can have a few hints a head of time...then maybe it will spare them a few of the heartbreaks I have had :) Besides, I now know where the stores ect are to buy the clothes ect if they dont agree...so, no biggie, I can fill in what the DOC leaves out on the visitng list :)

betrayed_4_life
06-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Thank you MLK for answering her question. She has contacted me via PM - I will get back with you soon. Thanks!

ChandaMija
07-06-2005, 03:40 AM
Psst... I'd like info on Nottoway too as for my buddy, Dirdy South, is over there and he gets out next year.

MISSURAY
07-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi my baby is at nottioway and i can't visit him it so hard was anyone eleas every band from a visit please let me no i am so scaryed??????:( im me at yahoo IM ADDY REMOVED PER PTO POLICY - PLEASE PM MEMBER

overrampart
10-11-2009, 11:43 AM
heh..I know how hard they are on visitors :) I drive down every weekend and have now for 6 years. Some days better some worse, but always hard, any my drive is only 7 hours one way...so I figure if people from further can have a few hints a head of time...then maybe it will spare them a few of the heartbreaks I have had :) Besides, I now know where the stores ect are to buy the clothes ect if they dont agree...so, no biggie, I can fill in what the DOC leaves out on the visitng list :)

I really would appreciate the hints, I driving more then 10 hours to visit my son for his graduation:thumbsup: this is my first time ever.

KevsWife7
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Overrampart-
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer! My hubby is in the work center, and I've been going every weekend to visit for 3 months now.

The main tip I have, for a drive that long-go to the bathroom either in Richmond, Farmville, or an actually town/city. Burkeville does NOT have a bathroom(gas station, grocery store, restaurant) within about 15 miles, not that I have found anyways!

Bring a change of clothes, they've gotten pretty strict about dress code.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer as best as I can!