View Full Version : Texas SAFP information? Johnson Unit SAFP TX Prison

synluna
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi, my fiance has just been sentenced to SAFP... we're in Dallas County and I have no idea where he is going (I think maybe Winnsboro?not sure though)...does anybody have any info about what SAFP is like...where the units are...what are the rules as far as contact and visitation...we're expecting our first child and would like to make this as easy as possible...can somebody please help?

kgc0213
09-08-2005, 07:13 PM
I feel for you girl. Iwas 7 months preg when my hubby was sentenced to safp and had to deliver with out him there. the baby is 6 weeks old now and he still nas not got to hold him and he is still wating to go to safp been wating for almost 4 months. I dont know anything about the units yet but when i find out i'll let you know

hlsnjhh
10-22-2005, 07:27 PM
my fiances in there but he gets out in December its Johnston Safp Unit if you need anything eles pm me and I'll try to help you anyway I can

mark's mom
01-12-2006, 06:53 PM
My son is going to safpf can anyone tell me about the wait to get in there?

BB's Mom
01-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Mark's mom my son is in the SAFP program at the Glossbrenner unit in San Diego, Texas he had to wait for 3 months in county until a bed was available. I will PM you so if have any questions you can ask me.

Penguin3
01-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi hlsnjhh, my fiance is in harris county waiting to go to SAFP somewhere but he was concerned yesterday because someone told him that in order for me to visit him in SAFP we have to be married or relatives. Is this true? We are engaged but really don't want to get married until he gets out! If anyone else knows the answer to this please let me know so I can ease his worries!
Thanks,
Penguin3

BB's Mom
01-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Penguin3

My son is at the SAFP program at Glossbrenner. He has been there since October 13. He also waited in the harris county jail for 3 months before being transferred. As to your question he has to give the names and the exact address as it appears on the person's driver's license to the authorities at the unit. My son of course gave mine, his father, brothers, girlfriend and two close friends. Everyone on his list has been able to visit. If you have any questions PM me and I will try and answer them. Stay strong and hold on.

Penguin3
01-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the reply BB's mom. I just have a couple more questions like once he gets to SAFP how long will it be before I can visit him? Also , where is the Glossbrenner Unit located? We live outside of Houston in Spring/Woodlands area. How far is Glossbrenner from the Houston area? I think I'm staying pretty strong, at least for him I am but I'm really hurting inside from missing him so much!! Thanks again for the reply!
Penguin3

BB's Mom
01-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Penguin3
My son was transferred on a Wednesday and I could have visited him that very first weekend. When he got there he was asked who he wanted on his visitors list and he did it right away. I live in the Cy-Fair area and Glossbrenner is in San Diego, Texas close to Corpus Christi (inland). It takes us about 4 and half hours to drive there. You are able to visit either on Saturday or Sunday for 2 hours. Visiting hours are from 8:00 to 4:00 and it is best to get there early. It is not as crowded early. We usually go the night before and stay at a hotel in Alice, Texas which is about 15 minutes away from Glossbrenner. There are no hotels in San Diego. I understand about hurting inside! I have been there and at times I still cry a river in the shower. What gives me the most hope is when I visit my son and how much he is changing for the better. He really has realized he wants a better life. PM me if you have anymore questions I will be glad to help in anyway I can.

missycol001
08-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Does anybody have information of the Safpf facility in Humble, Texas? We would like to know if this is an actual lock down facility or a substance abuse development facility. We are very concerned that it is a State Jail that does not have a focus on truly rehabilitating the individuals. Can anybody provide information or tell us where we can find current information on the facility?

Thank you!

wishbonesgirl
08-11-2009, 12:12 PM
ALl the SAFP units are pretty much the same. It is a TDC lock down facility contracted to Gateway usually to offer treatment that is based on "behavior modification" My hubby was in Jester I SAFP and my cousin was in another...pretty sure they are all run the same
The treatment is not like regular drug rehab in the sense that is is more intensive, groups groups and more groups. They meet with a counselor about once a month. If he wants to change he can work the program and make the best of it. Lots of guys just go through the motions. They are called clients and not inmates but dont fool yourself....they wear white, have a TDCJ number and live behind gates and barbwire. It is prison rehab.

researching
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
no safp facility in Humble--- there is however a halfway house in Humble. I believe. PM me if you have anymore q's.

mamajmg
08-24-2009, 05:39 PM
There is a SATF / Peden facility in Atascocita. My son is a "guest" of the program in downtown Houston. I am gathering information as we go along - I will be happy to share it. He's only been there for six weeks and had our first visit.

Does anybody have information of the Safpf facility in Humble, Texas? We would like to know if this is an actual lock down facility or a substance abuse development facility. We are very concerned that it is a State Jail that does not have a focus on truly rehabilitating the individuals. Can anybody provide information or tell us where we can find current information on the facility?

Thank you!

lynnsinger1
03-21-2010, 08:38 PM
My daughter is going to the SAFT prgram facility in Atascocita. I have heard some really bad things about the SAFP programs from my son. He says this is the same thing. Does anyone have any experiece with how they treat the "guests". If they are a "snitch" facility? As much information as I can get will be appreciated.

lynnsinger1
03-21-2010, 08:41 PM
There is a SATF / Peden facility in Atascocita. My son is a "guest" of the program in downtown Houston. I am gathering information as we go along - I will be happy to share it. He's only been there for six weeks and had our first visit.

Hello mamajmg, did you get any info on the program that you could share with me? My daughter is supposed to be going to the WHO program on the same grounds in Atascocita. I've heard a lot of bad things about the SAFP and SATF programs. I do not like to stir up trouble but, I will get the media involved if necessary. Thanks

sesbigsis
04-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Hello mamajmg, did you get any info on the program that you could share with me? My daughter is supposed to be going to the WHO program on the same grounds in Atascocita. I've heard a lot of bad things about the SAFP and SATF programs. I do not like to stir up trouble but, I will get the media involved if necessary. Thanks

My little brother is at the SATF-Peden location and at first, he hated every single second of it. They are very strict with the rules at first, but the longer they stay with it and the longer they abide those rules, the more freedoms they will receive. they are helping him get his GED, he goes to GED class and will be taking the test in a few weeks. Some bad stuff has happened to him, but that could of happened anywhere. I would have to say the good will greatly outway the bad. Don't believe all you hear, all my brother heard was bad stuff while he was in county and he now says he wishes he'd never believed anything that was said.

Lorie zMoore
05-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know if you call the Safp's will they tell you the approximate waiting period to get in?

mjmer126
05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
lorie zMoore, if you call the SAFP locations they will NOT be able to tell you how long the wait time is. Unfortunatly it depends on how many guys leave to have free beds. I know the wait can be long but with my husband it took about 2 months to get into SAFP in Peden.

csexton
05-30-2010, 07:09 PM
MY HUSBAND IS IN DALLAS CO ALSO WAITING TO GO TO JOHNSON......MAYBE THEY ARE IN THE SAME TANK? ANYWAY, THIS IS HIS SECOND TIME TO GO SO MAYBE I CAN HELP, BUT I DO KNOW THEY CHANGE THINGS UP YEAR TO YEAR.

I AM ALSO TRYING TO GET READY FOR VISITATION....HOPEFULLY HE WILL CATCH CHAIN NEXT MONDAY!

I AM LOOKING TO POSSIBLY RIDE SHARE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

KEEP IN TOUCH........CYNTHIA:idea:

Hi, my fiance has just been sentenced to SAFP... we're in Dallas County and I have no idea where he is going (I think maybe Winnsboro?not sure though)...does anybody have any info about what SAFP is like...where the units are...what are the rules as far as contact and visitation...we're expecting our first child and would like to make this as easy as possible...can somebody please help?

SkyDavis
10-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Still waiting on location but I have some IMPORTANT questions.
I need to know if we can still get contact visits if we're not married yet. Because I have the marriage papers but once I sign them, I'm signing away all my heath insurance and everything.

I need to know if it's absolutely necessary. I can't go 9 months without my love.

Please help

Mimi1944
10-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi.

Just wanted to let you know our son is at Jester 1 in Richmond, TX, and we can see him on weekends, for 2 hours at a time. Anyone he puts on his list can visit him (after they have been checked out, of course). We can take his kids in, too. We get the usual pat down and wand search, and he has to strip down before entering the room and after leaving the visit, and you can only take inside your ID and a clear plastic bag with up to $20 in quarters. But, they've been pretty good to us, and if there is enough personnel, you can sit outside where it is nicer and quieter.

I know this isn't much, but maybe it will help a little. You can look up the info for all the safp locations and their rules. If you need the URL, let me know and I'll send it next time.

Good luck.

Edwina

Still waiting on location but I have some IMPORTANT questions.
I need to know if we can still get contact visits if we're not married yet. Because I have the marriage papers but once I sign them, I'm signing away all my heath insurance and everything.

I need to know if it's absolutely necessary. I can't go 9 months without my love.

Please help[/quote]

WilcoMom
10-30-2011, 12:42 PM
At Johnston Unit all visits are contact visits regardless of relationship. Your loved one will need to put you on his visitor list to have a visit. Good luck.