View Full Version : What Unit(s) are TDCJ inmates released from?

liz112469
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
can anyone help by telling me what unit inmates get released from? can i please have an address? thanks:)

BrandNewGirl
09-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Is it State Jail, or TDCJ? If it's State Jail, they release from the unit he is at. If it's TDCJ, they are all released from the Walls. That's in Huntsville...actually is the Huntsville Unit. I don't have the exact address though.

Nance

liz112469
09-20-2005, 11:18 AM
:D thanks i really appreciate your info. what about the time they are released? is it like a sit and wait in the parking lot thing? this is my first time. i appreciate your help.

SpikeMoma
09-22-2005, 02:05 PM
My son is supposed to be released from Clemens Unit in about three weeks and I know he will go to Huntsville, but how soon do they tell you the exact time and all that? He has been granted out of state parole and my Dad will be flying out ot get him and bring him home to California, we are all worried about the waiting, etc. Anyone have any info?

Bronc05
09-23-2005, 08:32 PM
They release by alphabetical order most of the time. The first release which goes @ 10am covers a-m; the second release which goes @3pm covers the rest. If one has a detainer or special provisions they fall outside these times.

jojacks
09-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Does anyone ever get released from a county jail before they are transferred somewhere?

warparty
10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
the day before ya relase,bout 2 am,u get a red bag,tp pack,u get on the lue bird for huntsville,,,at huntsville,u get put in a cell..about midnight u get fingerprinted,and sign a few papers,,,,aout 4 am u go to breakfast,then back to ya cell,around 8 am,u moved to the gym.and wait,sleep,wait,sleep,,,they call the first one around 10,,,ya sleep,wait,sleep,,,,u then moved to get dressed out,,u get dressed in clown clothes,,,u sign ya parole papers,etc,,get ya $50.00 check,and your walked out the side of the prison,,and let go in downtown huntsville texas,to either the waiting arms of ya family,,or to go to the bus station to a waiting ticket,,,,

Bronc05
10-08-2005, 04:47 PM
... where the prison narcs are waiting for you to buy beer or a hooker ( that is working for the state) ...

Just be careful! Get on the bus and go home..

joesmotivation
10-09-2005, 02:36 AM
i need help to get my boyfriend out of prison i dont know what to do or where to go he was sentenced to life in prison for 2 counts of capital murder that he did not do we have proof and there was no evidence or fingerprints that pointed to him he had previously did time before he was 16 he joined a prison gang got out 10 yrs later 2 months after hes out they arrest him for the murders i dont know what to do please help me and direct me where to go thank you

Been There 2
10-12-2005, 09:56 AM
can anyone help by telling me what unit inmates get released from? can i please have an address? thanks:) Address is 800 12th Street, Huntsville
It's two blocks east of the courthouse, and there is NO parking real close! It's downtown so parking is at a premium all the time.
It would be better to wait at the bus station parking lot, a block away, also on 12th street.

momofbrad
10-27-2005, 09:28 PM
If They HavE A Detainer To Be Extradited How Are They Moved To The Other Sate And How Long Does It Take To Get Them There If It Is Several States Away ?

Been There 2
10-30-2005, 09:57 PM
If They HavE A Detainer To Be Extradited How Are They Moved To The Other Sate And How Long Does It Take To Get Them There If It Is Several States Away ?
The agency that issued the detainer (county, state, Fed) has the responsibility to come get them. It is usually two officers in a sedan or van. They may take two to five days to get them to their new home, depending on how far it is and how big a hurry the officers are in. If they have a good expense account, the inmate will be placed in a jail each night while the officers get a motel room. Remember that transporting a prisoner is a lot less stressful than dodging bullets, so why hurry?

mandi7k3
10-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Anyone know if they can get released from a trusty camp or is it always the Walls?

groland
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Always the Walls for Male Inmates

Anyone know if they can get released from a trusty camp or is it always the Walls?

My ChRiStOpHeR!
11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
i fig for middleton unit its the walls too if anyone know let me know please

baby_bear
01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Assuming my Mom makes parole this spring and is released, where should I be to pick her up?

mommatifferz
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
When my baby gets released from Formby Unit in PLainview do yall know if he gets released from there or anything? If ya do please let me know thanks.

SHANE'SKITTYKAT
01-31-2006, 02:52 PM
ALL men in a TDCJ prison is released from the Huntsville (WALLS) Unit..
ALL women in a TDCJ prison is released from the Gaitsville unit...

If they are in a state jail serving state jail time they will be released from the unit they are assigned to unless they have a detainer to be transferred to another county/state...

jat76009
02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Can clothes be taken for them to put on at the Walls Unit instead of having to wear the "clown clothes" someone mentioned earlier? If so - how do we get them INSIDE for them to put on?
Also - if their prison time is followed by probation (NOT PAROLE) are they still released from the Walls unit and allowed to be picked up by family?

groland
02-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Can clothes be taken for them to put on at the Walls Unit instead of having to wear the "clown clothes" someone mentioned earlier? If so - how do we get them INSIDE for them to put on?
Also - if their prison time is followed by probation (NOT PAROLE) are they still released from the Walls unit and allowed to be picked up by family?

No but there is a changing room at the Greyhound station.. Nothing may be given to an Inmate inside the Walls unit.. Just meet him outside with a warm-up suit so he dosen't have to ride to Walmart looking like he was just released.. He can slip it over his Clown Clothes.. BTW I still have my "Clown Clothes" from my release.. Just to remind me

jat76009
02-05-2006, 11:15 AM
groland....gotta love the fact that you have saved your "clown clothes"! That alone should be enough incentive to keep you on the straight and narrow....but it also shows you have a sense of humor too! Thanks for the information too - at least I'll know not to try to take clothes inside to him!