View Full Version : Information on RDC and DOC in Plainfield,Indiana

LostLove21
09-26-2005, 06:52 PM
How long do they hold you in RDC before sending you to DOC due to a traffic violation (HTV)..If anyone has any information about this it would be very helpful this is all new to me

LostLove21
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know if there is any chance they might reduce the time remaining since hes done December 27th of this year or move him to a DOC closer to his home?????

ziazanne
09-27-2005, 01:19 AM
I don't think that it matters what you are in there for...the time at RDC is about the same. My hubby went thru RDC back in February...he arrived at RDC on February 11th and was gone by the 14th of March. I think the average holding time at RDC is 30 days.

mrsford
09-27-2005, 02:47 PM
ziazanne is right. It does not matter what you are in for. And the average time is about 30 days. I hope things go quickly for your man. Good luck!

grreneyes19
09-27-2005, 06:22 PM
I was trying to find out information about RDC also. My brother just got transferred from laporte co jail to RDC today. We know nothing about it. Like can he write? Can he receive money orders,? If so, how do we know where to send them. He obviously don't have any money to have paper and envelopes and stamps to write us. It was jsut sprung on us. He was supposed to have visaitation today and when his girlfriend and daughter went to visit him, they said he was gone.. any help?????

robin_n_jim
09-27-2005, 07:10 PM
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79919 here is the link to the thread where you can find the address to RDC and yes you are allowed to write them there but no visits and no phone calls. they usually stay there for a month. By the way WELCOME to PTO and please feel free to ask as many questions as you need we have a great group of people who travel into the Indiana forum with alot of knowledge.

shawns_baby
09-27-2005, 11:37 PM
They can hold someone in RDC for up to 45 days but by bf went there and he was only there for 20 days

grreneyes19
09-28-2005, 08:55 AM
thanks robin n jim. i appreciate all the help. does anyone know how the living conditions are at RDC? I just feel so helpless with my brothers situation. He basically got messed over by his lawyer and got 15 yrs for nothing. I am not just saying that because he is my brother. He has never been into any trouble before. He got mixed up and went with 2 other guys to do a robbery. He only went, because one of the guys threatened to hurt his daughter. He is young (just turned 21) and nieve. My family paid his lawyer $5000, and he still got 15 yrs. The lawyer told us that he would be able to get him off with just work release. HES A HUGE LYER. (but i think alot of them may be) Also, what about sending him a money order? And, do i just send the letter to the address fro RDC and include his name and DOC number on it? If I call the numebr directly, will they give me any information? as far as how to write him and what we can send? Sorry for all the questions!

robin_n_jim
09-28-2005, 09:29 PM
They should be able to help you if you call there, I am not real sure if you can send money there or not, I guess I wouldn't see why not, but in case you didn't know anytime you send him money make sure you send him a POSTAL MONEY ORDER ONLY!!!! also another note...anytime he has money on his books and he is moved to a different facility the money does not follow him on his books right away, I have known it to take any where from 2-4 weeks before it shows up on his books, so if he leaves RDC with $20 on his books he is not going to have that $20 right away so you or who ever else is on his visiting list may want to send him a few dollars to get by until his money catches up with him.

mrsford
09-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Robin is right about the money following them to DOC. The conditions are sort of trying at RDC because they are supposed to be finding out which facility is the best for the prisoner. The funny thing about RDC is I was allowed to send actual "real" stamps to my husband when he was there. No paper or envelopes, but stamps. I just thought that was kind of strange. At first I thought he had it mixed up, but he didn't! And he was allowed to take the stamps with him to a facility. You may want to watch for any clothing they will ship home for him. He is not allowed to take any of that with him. But...I think they have to have the money in their account to pay postage for the shipment. Good luck, and welcome to PTO.

grreneyes19
09-30-2005, 08:26 PM
thanks for everyone who responded to my questions. i mailed him a letter and $10. Just to get him started. i think my parents were going to mail him $10 or $20 too. That is wierd that you can send stamps. thats cool though, cuz then thats less money they need. i think the jail he was in was pretty bad too. he was there for awhile. well he got locked up last nov (1 week before thanksgiving) and he jsut got transferred to RDc this past tuesday. Well, I guess all we can do now is wait till someone hears back from him. oh, do you know if it takes forever for them to get their mail? I was reading a forum on here somewhere where someone was saying her loved one wasn't getting the letters from her. thanks again to everyone.. its good to have someone to answer your questions. im in the military so Im all the way in arkansas and my family is all up in Indiana.

LostLove21
10-01-2005, 09:29 PM
How do u do a search on an inmate at RDC in Plainfield,Indiana????...Please help..Thanks

ziazanne
10-01-2005, 10:24 PM
http://www.in.gov/serv/indcorrection_ofs

just type in name...hope this helps

LostLove21
10-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Thank you so much and yes I found it....

grreneyes19
10-11-2005, 08:57 PM
well, i finally got a letter from my brother today. it seems like i was waiting forever! :) He says it is better at RDC than it was in the county. for some reason he said he thinks he should be getting moved around the 17th. For some reason, it seems too soon to me. I think that would only put him there about 3 weeks. He said he's seen people get moved after just 10 days. I'm not sure how true it is, but we'll see. I was just glad to finally get a letter from him. I'm sending him a letter and some stamps tommorow. thanks again fro everyone who helped with my questions. I'm sure I will have more once he gets moved again. :)

grreneyes19
10-18-2005, 11:50 AM
well, i just looked online and now it says my brother is at Plainfield Correctional facility. Does anyone know anything about this place. SInce it changed from RDC to Plainfield correctional does this mean that will be the prison he will be at for awhile? he said his counselor told him either he would be going to Westville or way down south by kentucky. He say they told him he is a level 2. ANY HELP?? I guess this is a little closer to Laporte than way down in southern in.

ziazanne
10-18-2005, 11:08 PM
never believe a counselor...lol. If it says he is at Plainfield, he will probably be there for awhile. I don't know anything about Plainfield, but I am sure others on here will answer any questions that you may have.

grreneyes19
10-19-2005, 05:14 PM
well, as i posted in a few of the other forums, my brother has been moved out of RDC. He now is at Plainfield Correctional facility. We haven't heard from him since he has been moved, which i think was Monday, so hopefully he calls home soon. Does anyone have any information on Plainfield? Or anyone have someone there also? as always, thanks for all the info.

roadiez
10-22-2005, 11:43 PM
when I was @ RDC yes you could get stamps, but nothing else....you could get M/O. But it would be best the very best to wait and keep a close eye on the computer after 15-21 days tosee where he is being sent to...the money from there...actually transfered from one facility to anonther could be a month or more...It happend to me and it really sucked!!!!!!
RDC wasnt too bad for me...I got to work in the kitchen for about 2 weeks and time flew by for me then. Yes, people can get moved after 10 days, but most of the time its about 21 days and there was some for up to 45 days....you are in a 2 man cell, no tv just some craooy old books to read. but you do get some like 3 or 4 envelopes and stamps (furinshed by the state to each immate...man did that help out alot). You could also buy coffee,and candy bars,jolly rachers. but thats about it. I wish him luck and hope he is out of there soon and off to a better facility where there is lees stress and maybe some scools or jobs to get

marty's_girl
11-04-2005, 03:02 PM
My fiance is at RDC and they said that it would be 30 to 45 days before he got transferred. He also said that he can't wait to be transferred because there is more freedom.

Marty -n- Emily

ziazanne
11-04-2005, 04:18 PM
more freedom!!!?? That's a laugh. Don't bet on it. They are usually at RDC for 30 days...sometimes less..sometimes more. It is nice when they are finally thru there though because they can finally call you.

grreneyes19
11-04-2005, 07:18 PM
i think its more feedom than the county. i got a letter from my brother yesterday. he said thinks are ok at Plainfield. he did say he got wrote up for listening to someone elses radio. thats dumb to me, but whatever. he said the guards there are @ssholes. he said they are always trying to write people up for petty stuff. but besides that, its ok. he was in RDC for about 4 weeks before he got moved. like everyone says, sometimes more, sometimes less. but average of 30 days.

shelbell150
11-04-2005, 11:32 PM
My man is at plainfield. It is not too bad there. They are petty about some stuff, but they have a lot of classes there. It took about a week and a half for him to be able to call me because they have to approve their phone list. If you call there and ask if he has a visiting list, you may be able to see him before he can even call. Thats how it worked for me. They can call from 4pm to 11 pm m-f and all day on the weekend. If you dont have an account with correctional billing services you might want to call them and set one up to speed up the process. Their # is 1-888-241-1290. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me!

grreneyes19
11-12-2005, 01:08 PM
yeah my brother said that tehy are real petty at Plainfield. He said teh guards are real @ssholes too. he hasn't be able to call me yet. i got a home phone so he can call, but he said everytime he tries ti says unable to place call at this time. Im not sure if that means that its not approved on thhe list or I dont ahve the capabilities. ic alled the phone company and they said i dont have any restrictions that would stop me from getting collect calls. I guess i'll try that 888 number that shelbell gave and see if that makes a difference... until later....

whitted angel
11-20-2005, 06:40 PM
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79919 here is the link to the thread where you can find the address to RDC and yes you are allowed to write them there but no visits and no phone calls. they usually stay there for a month. By the way WELCOME to PTO and please feel free to ask as many questions as you need we have a great group of people who travel into the Indiana forum with alot of knowledge.
hi robin you seem to know so much ..i am very new here still tryna figure out how to use this system . i currently have a fiance' at rdc and its been tough we have a new born and a 16month old is release date is for 10~29~06 what do u think the chances are of him coming home soon and how soon ? he should be leavin rdc soon ..the suspense is killin me not knowin for sure where he will be goin if he does go where ever how long does it take for them to make calls or get visits?

whitted angel
11-20-2005, 06:41 PM
hi robin you seem to know so much ..i am very new here still tryna figure out how to use this system . i currently have a fiance' at rdc and its been tough we have a new born and a 16month old is release date is for 10~29~06 what do u think the chances are of him coming home soon and how soon ? he should be leavin rdc soon ..the suspense is killin me not knowin for sure where he will be goin if he does go where ever how long does it take for them to make calls or get visits?

grreneyes19
11-20-2005, 08:24 PM
im sorry to hear about your situation angel. I bet it can be real hard. My brother is in Plainfield correctional facility. He has been locked up since Nov last year. I have a 2 yr old niece so his girlfriend is doing it all by herself. She lives with my parents now. I think it all depends on the prison that he goes to as to how long it will be before he can have calls or visits. My brother got moved from RDC to Plainfield on a Monday and he was able to call home on Friday. He was able to have visits about 2 weeks after he got there. Again, I'm sure it varies from prison to prison. Once you find out where he will be going to, then you can figure out how the prison does things and when you'll be able to get calls or visits. Soem prisons have classes that they can take to get redustions on their sentences. I think that also varies by the prison. Good luck and hope some of this information helps. Its kinda hard until you find out where he will be going for sure. Just keep checking the inmate locator to find out when he moves. You would probably be able to find out he moved to a prison before he will be able to call you. At least then you know where hes at and then you can start looking up the information pertaining to the specific prison. Again, good luck.

Purl
09-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know if there is anyway to speed up getting to RDC?

roadiez
09-15-2006, 08:23 PM
The only way I have seen people go to RDC quicker is when the county jail no longer wants that inmate there...Usually if they're a problem for them...But normally it's like a waiting list to go to RDC. Each county pretty much takes inmates on certain days of the week. And then it depends on how many they take a week up there and how many is in front of him....When I was waiting to go it took me 45 days to get there...I hope thats a little bit of help...And I hope he doesn't get into trouble at the county just to speed it up.

dape
10-13-2006, 03:04 PM
i have a friend who is in rdc,and i call up there last week,to see what i can send. and the lady said that i can send no more then 8-10 stamp envelopes from the post office,also they can have she said loose leaf notebook paper but didnt give the amount on how much paper,and also they can only have postal money orders nothing else she said.

sunshinepool
10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I sent my hubby 25 envelopes stamped....that is what I was told last week did not know about the paper will send that out tomorow thanks for posting

krob515
06-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Just wondering can someone tell me how long they keep them at the county. My husband just went but he's supposedly going to RDC than to DOC. Not sure when though.. Can some one help.... thanks

krob515
06-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I am holding strong til my man is home......:)

Jackson1776
06-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Just wondering can someone tell me how long they keep them at the county. My husband just went but he's supposedly going to RDC than to DOC. Not sure when though.. Can some one help.... thanks

From my experience, there is no definitive time. You can stay at the county for a year if the jail qualifies as a DOC holding facility. THe DOC actually pays the county to hold some inmates.

The best thing to do if you want him out of there is call DOC in Indy. Otherwise, he'll sit there till some mysterious force moves. It is as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

krob515
06-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Well to my surprise he has been moved to RDC. after sitiing there 3 1/2 weeks. Now I guess I'm still are waiting to see where they sen him from there. I will call to see what I can send him. I'll just be glad when this nightmare is over.!

OfficerN
06-29-2010, 10:45 PM
How long do they hold you in RDC before sending you to DOC due to a traffic violation (HTV)..If anyone has any information about this it would be very helpful this is all new to me

Lost, I am sorry that I was not on here 5 years ago to answer this for you! But perhaps this information will help someone else.

How long someone stays at RDC depends on a few factors, but the main one is probably the severity of the crime & the length of their sentence. Naturally, someone serving a shorter sentence is going to go to a prison that has a faster turnover rate, & therefore they will be sent there sooner. The longest the State wants anyone to be at RDC is 45 days. (Longer stays happen, but it is very rare!) The "average" length of time is 20 to 30 days. When the State does a "housecleaning" & decides to cut loose some short timers, then the turnover rate is MUCH faster of course!

OfficerN
06-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Well to my surprise he has been moved to RDC. after sitiing there 3 1/2 weeks. Now I guess I'm still are waiting to see where they sen him from there. I will call to see what I can send him. I'll just be glad when this nightmare is over.!

Actually krob, a 3 1/2 week stay in county is SHORT, from what I have been told by several offenders! You two were blessed. :)

RDC no longer allows much of anything to be sent to the offenders. (I have no idea why they changed that this year.) You can send photos, no more than 10, no larger than 4x6, & none showing gang signs nor any sexually explicit ones. You can send them postal money orders to buy what they need from Commissary. (Fill them out just like a regular money order, but be SURE to put his 6 digit "DOC" - Department of Correction - number next to his name! & on ALL envelopes as well!)

Hope this helps!

krob515
07-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks OfficeN so much but I feel blessed to hear that the time he ws in the county was quick. Well he sent me a letter after a week of being at RDC. He says he's ok... I was really worried but I really pray by some move of God that he is released early. That would be really a blessing.

Larosdoe
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Hi everyone,
I am Michel.... I also located in Plainfield from 6 months.... I am so confused to read about this post.... what is the RDC and DOC? I have also asked to my friends and family members.... but they all are also don't know.... I am trying to find out information about RDC also. :idea:

tigrldy
04-23-2013, 06:44 AM
For RDC I can't remember exactly what the letters stand for but it is for intake where a prisoner is taken for jail to be evaluated then placed into the prison system. DOC stands for Department of Corrections.

kzukittys
04-24-2013, 05:40 PM
For RDC I can't remember exactly what the letters stand for but it is for intake where a prisoner is taken for jail to be evaluated then placed into the prison system. DOC stands for Department of Corrections.

Reception Diagnostic Center