View Full Version : Gift packs for inmates - Holiday Care Packages

missygirl77
10-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I am kinda new in this forum , since my guy had been in a Washington prison, but I was wondering if somehow anyone would tell me if there is an a program for imates who's families are far away or they don't have any that take donations so they can get something at the holidays. I know I don't have alot to give but anything , maybe even just a card would help these guys through the end of the year. It breaks my heart to think they are alone and locked up and feel like they are forgotten.
Missy

freckledgrl
10-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Missy, I don't know of any that help. I've done a little on my own if I knew someone was alone but I haven't heard of any statewide program. Doesn't mean there isn't one though so maybe someone else has better info :)

wannamae
10-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Last one I used was this and they Hubby did get the package as stated. I was able to order online with a cc and it did the math for me. Your spouse/friend needs to make sure that his/her facility is on the list to recieve packages. Both places delievered on time.

Inmate Package Program December 2005
Online ordering now available for Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Virginia

The states of Ohio, Oklahoma, and West Virginia will begin to accept orders during October.
Dates to be posted soon.

Call 1-866-205-5531 To Place Phone Orders For the Inmate Package Program

http://www.acs-us.com/

There is also this on.

http://www.accesscatalog.com/securepak/index.html

freckledgrl
10-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Thank you, Wanna! It's stickied and ready to go :thumbsup:

SupportiveSis
10-26-2005, 08:37 PM
That would be great! I would love to send my brother something over the holidays. It will be especially hard for our family this year. He was to be placed but got ill so we are still waiting on a placement.

Do different facilities have different rules about packages?

Nikol
10-26-2005, 09:31 PM
That would be great! I would love to send my brother something over the holidays. It will be especially hard for our family this year. He was to be placed but got ill so we are still waiting on a placement.

Do different facilities have different rules about packages?

Yes they are all different. If he's not placed yet, do you know what facility to ask about?

Nikol
10-28-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.oklahomapackages.com/
FYI You can start ordering on November 1 (Tuesday)
:)

wannamae
10-30-2005, 12:19 AM
http://www.acs-us.com/

Inmates from McAlestar have there ordering sheets already. At least some do.
Order period has started and ends November 28, 2005.
1 ALL INFORMATION MUST BE SUPPLIED BEFORE ORDER CAN BE SHIPPED.
2 MAXIMUM ORDER IS $78.95 ($75.00 MERCHANDISE + $3.95 PROCESSING FEE).
3 MINIMUM ORDER IS $18.95 ($15.00 MERCHANDISE + $3.95 PROCESSING FEE).
4 MULTIPLE ORDERS WILL BE GROUPED TOGETHER BUT TOTAL CAN NOT EXCEED DOLLAR MAXIMUM.
5 INMATES MAY ONLY RECEIVE ONE SHIPMENT. MULTIPLE ORDERS WILL BE COMBINED INTO ONE SHIPMENT.
6 PROCESSING FEE CHARGED ON EACH ORDER RECEIVED BY AMERICAN COMMISSARY SUPPLY.
7 A REFUND WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNLESS PACKAGE IS RETURNED TO AMERICAN COMMISSARY SUPPLY.
8 A RESTOCKING FEE OF $15.00 (PLUS FREIGHT IF PAID BY ACS) WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY PACKAGE SHIPPED AND RETURNED.
9 A CANCELLATION FEE OF $3.95 WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY ORDER CANCELLED PRIOR TO SHIPMENT.
10 ORDER PERIOD BEGINS OCTOBER 20th, 2005 THRU NOVEMBER 28th, 2005.
11 DEADLINE FOR ORDERING IS NOVEMBER 28th, 2005. ALL ORDERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THIS DATE TO BE PROCESSED.
12 ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT ARE MONEY ORDER, TRUST FUND CHECK, VISA OR MASTERCARD.
13 ORDERS WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE INSTITUTION ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 19th, 2005.
14 DO NOT SEND PERSONAL CHECK OR CASH WITH YOUR ORDER.
15 REMEMBER TO INCLUDE PROCESSING FEE WHEN CALCULATING YOUR GRAND TOTAL.
16 ORDERS MAY BE ADJUSTED IF DOLLAR CALCULATIONS ARE INCORRECT.
17 PLEASE INDICATE IF SUBSTITUTIONS ARE ALLOWED. OTHERWISE, REFUND WILL BE SENT IN THE EVENT OF PRODUCT SHORTAGE.
18 PLEASE VERIFY THAT THE INMATE NUMBER GIVEN IS CORRECT. ALL ORDERS ARE PROCESSED USING THE INMATE NUMBER LISTED, IF IT IS INCORRECT AND AN ORDER IS SHIPPED TO THE WRONG INMATE NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUSED.
19 ORDERS FROM ONE INMATE TO ANOTHER ARE NOT PERMITTED.
20 INSTITUTION LOCATIONS ARE NOT NEEDED. THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS WILL PROVIDE EACH INMATE'S LOCATION.
21 INMATES IN ADMINISTRATIVE SEGREGATION OR DISCIPLINARY ISOLATION ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PURCHASE OR RECEIVE AN INMATE PACKAGE.

onry
10-30-2005, 09:49 AM
do these packages depend on the inmates level?

wannamae
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
The only rule I see is if they are in segeration. And 'if' you person is in a facility that is allowing the packages at all.

ldysirois
10-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Call the prison or the company and make sure BEFORE you send ! And remember we have a card program thru BBS to mail cards for the hoildays!!

freckledgrl
11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Ok, this is the first year where I've been somewhere that he might be able to get these (they did last year). I know I need to call and verify first if his prison is on the list for the one site, but here's my question. We have 2 different programs listed in this thread. Is he allowed to get holiday packages from more than one company? Sometimes the prison has no clue what I'm talking about so I thought I'd try ya'll first :D

wannamae
11-01-2005, 02:56 PM
If you go to the last I posted you can type in his doc# and see his account info.
I also suspect the which ever prison he is in is contracted with only one shop.

freckledgrl
11-01-2005, 03:03 PM
LOL, I never would have found that if I didn't go to "place an online order". They really should make this easier for an old gal like me :D

Thanks Wanna!

freckledgrl
11-07-2005, 01:29 PM
I've heard from Harp. They have their choice of 2 different companies. 1 that's $50 and 1 that's $75. I'm not sure what is different but I'm supposed to be getting the filled order forms soon and then I can crosscheck it online :thumbsup:

onry
11-09-2005, 09:45 AM
question about the packages do you have to have a day time phone number ?

wannamae
11-12-2005, 09:37 PM
That is incase there is a problem with your order. They will contact you.
Otherwise I would contact the "shop" and ask about if an address good enough. I am sure it will be.

lis
11-17-2005, 06:14 PM
I went to
http://www.acs-us.com/ and ordered my cousin's package, easy as can be, even tallies the money for ya! Wow! That's my kind of place!:D
lis

freckledgrl
11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
I've got to get me one of them there credit cards so I can do this lickity split like in the future...lol. For now, it's still the same old money order & snail mail :D

Just a reminder to all....Nov 28th is coming up fast, especially with the holiday mail delay :thumbsup:

galgrif
11-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Hello all, I have posted here a couple times. my NIECE has decided that I cannot send the gift pak to my nephew because I am not approved? do you know about this? I already ordered this for him, what will happen?

freckledgrl
11-21-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't believe that's the case. This is the same as sending money to an inmate and you don't have to be approved to do that so you should be fine. I'm sending one to a friend that I write and I don't even send him money much less visit. The one thing to keep in mind though is that your nephew can only receive 1 gift pack. So if someone else is already sending him one, he can't receive one from you too. I really think you'll be ok :)

docwatchdog
11-22-2005, 10:38 AM
some facilities have rules that if your not on the inmates visiting list you can't send them money or anything else. Some only pull those rules out at holiday time

freckledgrl
11-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Well, I'm going to come right out and say it. If they only pull that at the holidays it's a really shitty thing to do and I hope they all get lumps of coal in their stockings :blah:

Is it asking so much to let people send bags of coffee and processed meat sticks to someone who might actually get a small bit of christmas cheer out of it just for the heck of it?? Don't worry, I know it's not your rule Doc, but crap like this makes no sense to me. If they did it all year round, I could understand it. But this is nothing but bah humbug power grabbing.

beautyforashes
11-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I have a quick question- Do you know if OSR will get their gift packages even if they're on lockdown? I sure hope so. -

wannamae
11-22-2005, 08:54 PM
some facilities have rules that if your not on the inmates visiting list you can't send them money or anything else. Some only pull those rules out at holiday time
Question for Docwatchdog, since the packages are actually not coming from the spouse/friend/whatever, isn't our names just on the invoice and not on the "return" address?

freckledgrl
11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
De-stickying since the cut-off day for orders was Nov 28th. I hope everyone got their orders in and the guys can get a bit of cheer this year :)