View Full Version : Actual Time being served on California prison sentences?

waiting&waiting
11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm new to all this, but what is the actual time being served on sentences? My fiancee was sentenced to 2 years. He was sentenced on 10/4 and was given credit for 104 days served. He is currently at reception at NKSP.

My questions are:

1. How much of his sentence will he most likely serve?
2. When will he know his release date?

Thanks for all your help!! :o

Bubsmom
11-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Scroll down the page to second sticky. that should help you calculate. Remember, if time is discounted ie 35%, 50%, that won't start until he arrives at Reception. Any time served after court will apply to credit. Hope this helps. I posted a better reply earlier but it got lost somehow. Good luck.

v45200
11-10-2005, 06:14 PM
hello,

it depends if it was for a violent offense, and/or if he has a previous strike. if it was nonviolent and has no strike then he will get halftime (do 50% of his sentence). since he has 104 days credit, this is how you calculate it:

730 days (2 years)
-104 (credit)
= 626
626/2 =313 days

he will then get out around august 2006.

as for the 35% i hear that it only applies to firecamp, but that is also a rumour, not really sure.

-chris

Strasse
11-10-2005, 08:01 PM
The 50% only applies once he starts a full-time program (Work Group A). All good-time credits accrue only when programming.

Firecamp earns two days for a day.
Regular full-program earns a day for a day.

If it's a violent offense, the most that can be accrued is 15%, the least he'll serve is 85% of his remaining.

If there was a prior felony conviction, he'll serve 80% minimum, regardless.

All this is in the CCRs (title 15) and Penal Code.

While he's in reception he'll get a calculation sheet showing minimum release date, his "max" date, and his current estimated release date...

v45200
11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
hey strasse, i know that "halftime" used to kick in when one got a job, but it kicked in (july 2004) once we hit reception. they have the bridge program now, at reception to justify giving inmates halftime as soon as they get there. you are right about the 85%. did you just get released?

-chris

Strasse
11-10-2005, 08:38 PM
did you just get released?

I am, and have only ever been, a guest of the CDCR from 9-3 on odd Saturdays and Sundays (well, there were occasional stints from 1:30-8pm, but those are over now, barring an endorsement down south)...

Naw, I'm just an avid student of this stuff, having walked a couple of folks through the rather Byzantine penal code and CCR sections regarding sentencing, credit, good-time, etc.

poppy's
11-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Just curious they gave my cousin 9 years at 85% with 10 months credit and he was sentenced 1/9/2003. Can you help me calc this please.

waiting&waiting
11-11-2005, 03:39 PM
hey strasse, i know that "halftime" used to kick in when one got a job, but it kicked in (july 2004) once we hit reception. they have the bridge program now, at reception to justify giving inmates halftime as soon as they get there. you are right about the 85%. did you just get released?

-chris

My boyfriend is currently in the "BRIDGE program". He commited a non-violent offense and does not have any strikes against him. He is in for "possession w/ intent to sell" and was given the mid-term sentence of 2 years. At the end of November, he will have served 4 actual months (sentenced on oct 4 w/ 104 days credit). REALISTICALLY, how much time do inmates REALLY do?

v45200
11-11-2005, 04:03 PM
poppy: your cousin will getout in 6.9 years.

waiting: your man is getting out around august 2006. he is getting halftime right now. which means he is doing 50% of his sentence. i also calculated his good time. august 2006 hell be home. the time will fly by.

-chris

Crstnamre
11-12-2005, 11:08 PM
I know you may not be able to answer this precisely...but here is my question. Paul's release date is 1/14/06. BUT...he just started working/got a job. Will this reduce his time???

The 50% only applies once he starts a full-time program (Work Group A). All good-time credits accrue only when programming.

If it's a violent offense, the most that can be accrued is 15%, the least he'll serve is 85% of his remaining.

While he's in reception he'll get a calculation sheet showing minimum release date, his "max" date, and his current estimated release date...

CARR WIFE
11-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Carr Wife Georgia
My Husband Was Given 15 Years On Three Counts Of Simple Possession Of Cocaine. The Arresting Officer Said That This Is A None Violent Offense. Can Someone Tell Me How Much Of This Time He Will Have Serve In Prison

chrsdan
11-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi guys,

my ex called me before he went into court where he was going to be sentenced. his lawyer told him 32 months, but will most likely serve 26 months. his charge was evading police w/ disregard for safety, they dropped the possession of drugs and it wasn't a strike against him. he's currently in CCC susanville, so can anyone give me an idea of how this will work for him??

PureMentality
11-15-2005, 12:47 AM
hello,

it depends if it was for a violent offense, and/or if he has a previous strike. if it was nonviolent and has no strike then he will get halftime (do 50% of his sentence). since he has 104 days credit, this is how you calculate it:

730 days (2 years)
-104 (credit)
= 626
626/2 =313 days

he will then get out around august 2006.

as for the 35% i hear that it only applies to firecamp, but that is also a rumour, not really sure.

-chris

35% is accurate. My man got sentenced to 3 years with 35%. He's going to fire camp.

Crstnamre
11-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Good lord...I am still lost...happens all the time with anything having to do with numbers:rolleyes:. Ok....so if he was given an EPRD of 1/14/06 before he started working and he gets credit for working....will this make his release date then earlier than the 1/14/06 EPRD??

denverswife
11-27-2005, 06:51 PM
No, his ERD is as early as he can get. He can get MORE time, but not less.

Jordanrae
11-28-2005, 01:00 PM
But see how inconsistent and confusing this is? My boyfriend, who is currently awaiting transfer from LA County jail to State (first time to Prison), has two strikes from the past. He had a bad year last year and got arrested three times! These three cases are all non-violent, but include possession of a firearm by convicted felon, possession w/intent to sell and possession of stolen property > than $400. The deal he struck, with our three lawyers (!!) was NO strike for any of this, 5 years concurrent on the cases, at 50% time (so 2.5 years) and the court accepted ALL days he spent in LA County last year (Yes, I foolishly bailed him out on all three occasions last year) so the court gave him 6 months credit for time already served and they recommended firecamp. This entire thing could have gone WAAY SOUTH if they had given him a strike for any of it. So once he gets into reception, of course, we'll have a better idea of his release date, but if he gets firecamp, then based on what you guys have said, his time will be reduced to 35%. I'm feeling pretty damn lucky, here, after reading the previous posts on what is usually handed down.......
He better realize the pass he got, too - and come out with a new lease on life - and a new plan for his life!!

eiilopez
11-28-2005, 04:37 PM
My husband was sentenced on 10/17 of this year and recieved 3 years, 2 years plus one for a prison prior, he received 256 days credit for county time and is eligible for 1/2 time. Can you tell me when he will be released?

Sanchez06
12-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Hi my husband was sent to fire camp and he was told he was getting his sentence reduced to half time even though he has a strike. He was told he wasn't eligilbe for the 35%. He finished his probahtion from his prior. So is this true that he will get 50%?
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10721;88/st/20070721/e/My+Baby+Comes+Home%21/dt/-3/k/89fc/event.png

Crstnamre
12-09-2005, 08:21 PM
His EPRD has changed like three times. So even with the credit restoration the "new" EPRD stays the same???

No, his ERD is as early as he can get. He can get MORE time, but not less.

johnnyswife
12-14-2005, 12:33 AM
does anyone know about 'fire camps'? how do they qualify to go to one?

Gryphon
12-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Fire camps are considered the best way to do time. The lower the intake security classification, the better an inmaes chances to go. Usually, the decision is made at Reception.
However, camps sometimes look for specific skills, so a baker with a huge rap sheet might be headed for camp.

charlesgirl
12-22-2005, 10:39 PM
my boyfriend was sentenced to 32 months with 253 days credit, he has a prior strike. the current charge is petty theft w/prior. he will be doing 80%. they told him his earliest possible release is 8/24/06. When we calculated it, it came to an earlier date. does anyone know the proper method of calculating?

Sanchez06
12-27-2005, 12:34 PM
I would also like to know how to calculate the time because they gave him a release date of July 21, 2007. And that is over the 80% he has to do to.

Gryphon
12-27-2005, 03:41 PM
my boyfriend was sentenced to 32 months with 253 days credit, he has a prior strike. the current charge is petty theft w/prior. he will be doing 80%. they told him his earliest possible release is 8/24/06. When we calculated it, it came to an earlier date. does anyone know the proper method of calculating?
The question can't be answered without having the date of sentencing when the presentence credits were awarded. To check if teh local credits are correct, you need to know the exact dates of incarceration (including the original sentence, all violations of probation, and any time relaated to this cases and not attributed to another case.) There are a number of possible reasons your math came out different. Maybe while at reception, he didn't get 20% (not in the bridge program). And/Or: Post sentence and before arrival at reception, he likely recieved day-for-day.
And/Or: he had a parole violation that included something other than the new criminal charges (typically a dirty test, failure to report, or abscond).
And/Or: CDC messed up. Rare, but happens.
And/Or: some credits were applied to other cases at sentencing.
And/Or: the county court messed up calculations or paperwork.
And/Or: CDC hasn't recieved the sentencing paperwork yet from the county court (where an inmate requests transport to CDC before sentencing is final. Sometimes credits take a while to catch up.)

kikisgirl
01-21-2006, 09:06 PM
MY GUY WAS SENTENCED 2 YRS SP THEY GAVE HIM 104 CREDITS,HE'S BEEN LOCKED UP SINCE 09/05 AND WAS SEND TO NKSP ON 12/05. HE IS STILL IN RECEPTION CTR AND HIS RELEASE DATE IS 04/06. MAYBE U CAN RELATE TO MINE HOPE THIS HELPS

Sanchez06
01-24-2006, 02:31 PM
But thats no 2 years. My husband was sentences to 25 months. He went in 06-13-05 and his release date is 07-21-07. With 6 days credit.

TSTRONG
02-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Ok My Husband Got Sentenced To 2yr Mid Term And Has 6mo 15 Days Credit And Has Just Arrived Jan 30th At Nksp Est. Release Date

MissingMyBeasty
12-27-2010, 11:37 PM
My husband is being offered a deal for 20 years, comprised of
11 years for manslaughter
7 years joint suspension on his probation violation
& 2 years on a terrorist threats/extortion case

I understand that the 11 years will be at 85% correct?)
But how are joint suspension sentences served?
They are wanting to run these sentences consecutively, not concurrently.

What part would be served first, second and third?
He has been in jail for 4 1/2 years already so now has credit for 6 years and 9 months. Can someone please help me calculate when he would be out of prison if he were to take this deal?

MissingMyBeasty
01-01-2011, 12:28 PM
If someone is sentenced to X # of years at a certain percent, dropping the amount of actual time to serve, do they still get extra time shaved off from that for participation in work/education programs? Or are the stuck at whatever % they are supposed to do?

Gryphon
01-03-2011, 11:46 PM
When a violent felony is included in the sentence, the entire sentence (including non violent crimes) is served at 85%. In other words he can only get 15% off the 20 years, so he'd serve a total of 17 years actual time (less any credits earned on the case he was on probation for.)

My husband is being offered a deal for 20 years, comprised of
11 years for manslaughter
7 years joint suspension on his probation violation
& 2 years on a terrorist threats/extortion case

I understand that the 11 years will be at 85% correct?)
But how are joint suspension sentences served?
They are wanting to run these sentences consecutively, not concurrently.

What part would be served first, second and third?
He has been in jail for 4 1/2 years already so now has credit for 6 years and 9 months. Can someone please help me calculate when he would be out of prison if he were to take this deal?

Gryphon
01-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Under current law, all he can get is 15%. No additional credits happen as a result of work, conduct, or education.

If someone is sentenced to X # of years at a certain percent, dropping the amount of actual time to serve, do they still get extra time shaved off from that for participation in work/education programs? Or are the stuck at whatever % they are supposed to do?

MissingMyBeasty
01-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Okay, so quite an update from the last time i posted on this thread!
I NEED SOME HELP CALCULATING because I keep coming up with different answers.
My husband signed his deal on tuesday, 1/11/11.
He got 11 years for manslaughter and was given 2,337 days credit towards that. He has not left got reception yet, but should be gone by 1/24/11 (approximately).

Can someone help me calculate when his approximate release date will be?
I'm not sure if they do 85% of 11 years, then subtract the credits or if they take the credits off the 11 years and then take the 85% of whats left, because its a HUGE difference in time!

someone help!
<3

passionfruit
01-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey not sure about the credits, but I read on a thread, you have to do 85% for a violent crimes...check around and. Go To the law section... I think this is Where I saw it...Okay, so quite an update from the last time i posted on this thread!
I NEED SOME HELP CALCULATING because I keep coming up with different answers.
My husband signed his deal on tuesday, 1/11/11.
He got 11 years for manslaughter and was given 2,337 days credit towards that. He has not left got reception yet, but should be gone by 1/24/11 (approximately).

Can someone help me calculate when his approximate release date will be?
I'm not sure if they do 85% of 11 years, then subtract the credits or if they take the credits off the 11 years and then take the 85% of whats left, because its a HUGE difference in time!

someone help!
<3

MissingMyBeasty
01-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey not sure about the credits, but I read on a thread, you have to do 85% for a violent crimes...check around and. Go To the law section... I think this is Where I saw it...

Well I know that its 85%. That's for sure. But I need to know if they take the 85% off of the 11 first and then deduct the time or if they deduct the time and then calculate the 85% to figure out his release date.
It's a huge difference in math.

11 years = 3,960 days (CA prisons count a year as 360 days, not 365)
3,960 days
- 2,337 credits
--------------
1,623 days @ 85% = 1,379 days = approx 3y years & 9 months actual time.

WHILE

3,960 days @ 85% = 3,360 days
3,360 days
- 2,337 credits
--------------
1,029 days = approx 2 years & 10 months actual time.

See why I'm curious? LOL That's a huge difference!

Anyone know the exact way to calculate release date given this info?

Shari
01-15-2011, 06:16 AM
You take the credits off first then it is 85% of what is left. I am like 99% sure that is how it is done. So you are looking at the 3 years 9 months. Also there will be a few more credit days added because of the time between sentencing and when he gets to reception. How those are counted is not really know.

MissingMyBeasty
01-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Thx! :thumbsup:

otherside
01-16-2011, 10:24 AM
im just trying to figure out if CDCR converts the county jail time (2/3rds) into 50%. if ive served 200 days already in county, does it mean ive served 400 total or still 300 in the eyes of CDCR? hella confusing

MissingMyBeasty
01-16-2011, 10:34 AM
im just trying to figure out if CDCR converts the county jail time (2/3rds) into 50%. if ive served 200 days already in county, does it mean ive served 400 total or still 300 in the eyes of CDCR? hella confusing

You get time and a half, not double time credits for county jail in california.
If you've served 200 days, you get credit for 200 days actual time and 100 days credit for good time/work time.

otherside
01-17-2011, 11:36 AM
so then if i end up with a 2 year sentence it would be:
730 minus 300 = 430, then 430 divided by 50% would be 215 days? does that sound about right?

Demetri310
02-08-2011, 01:55 AM
I received a plea for 3yrs my lawyer said both were non violent crimes i have 180 day credit.How much time iam i looking at?What options do i have for early release?Can i go to a halfway house program?Where might they send me?How long will it take from county to reception?I been to county but never to prison.I had a joint suspension and thats what made me fall back in trouble or else i could have fought and won my case.If i would had lost with the joint suspension and other charges i would had got a strike and 80 percent on the 3yrs so i took the plea.Sentence date is March 2 2011.:confused:

Shari
02-08-2011, 07:17 AM
If you get sentenced to 3 years with half time you will serve 1 and a half years less any credits you get at sentencing. In CA there is no other reduction in time, except it you take and pass certain classes, or if you are lucky enough to get into fire camp where you will only have to serve 35% of what is left of your sentence after training. I am not sure how long it takes from county to reception as each county is different. Reception can take anywhere from 30 days to longer. There is real no set amount of time. Everyone seems to differ.

Familyfirst33
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
My lil brother was sentenced on 1/31/11 to 3years State Prison with 126 days Credit. According to these calculations 3years=(365x3=1,095Days)-126 Days Credit= 969Days @ 85% For "Violent Crimes"=824 Days or 2Years 3Months 4Days if there are no add charges or problems during the "vacation". Somebody please Correct me if im wrong. [Any and All Input is Welcome] Thanks In Advance...:confused:

Demetri310
02-08-2011, 05:54 PM
If you get sentenced to 3 years with half time you will serve 1 and a half years less any credits you get at sentencing. In CA there is no other reduction in time, except it you take and pass certain classes, or if you are lucky enough to get into fire camp where you will only have to serve 35% of what is left of your sentence after training. I am not sure how long it takes from county to reception as each county is different. Reception can take anywhere from 30 days to longer. There is real no set amount of time. Everyone seems to differ.

What classes are these that i should take and try to pass?

2sleepy
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
What classes are these that i should take and try to pass?
There are programs you can participate in, including GED or college classes to get up to 6 weeks off of your sentence for each year. This link will open a PDF file with a list of qualifying classes/programs http://tinyurl.com/4ro8at2

2sleepy
02-08-2011, 11:05 PM
I received a plea for 3yrs my lawyer said both were non violent crimes i have 180 day credit.How much time iam i looking at?What options do i have for early release?Can i go to a halfway house program?Where might they send me?How long will it take from county to reception?I been to county but never to prison.I had a joint suspension and thats what made me fall back in trouble or else i could have fought and won my case.If i would had lost with the joint suspension and other charges i would had got a strike and 80 percent on the 3yrs so i took the plea.Sentence date is March 2 2011.:confused:
To answer your other questions;
There are no halfway houses that people can go to instead of prison.

You might be in county for 2-4 weeks it depends how long it takes for the court to prepare the paperwork.

You would normally do 18 months on a 3 year sentence, so if you deduct your 180 day credit you will end up doing about a year.

If you have money, or if your family can help you, bring as much as you can to jail. It will transfer to the prison with you, but if your family waits until you get in prison to send you money, the prison will take out 55% for any fines or restitution that you owe.

Mrs.Fernandez
02-09-2011, 01:01 AM
To answer your other questions;
There are no halfway houses that people can go to instead of prison.

You might be in county for 2-4 weeks it depends how long it takes for the court to prepare the paperwork.

You would normally do 18 months on a 3 year sentence, so if you deduct your 180 day credit you will end up doing about a year.

If you have money, or if your family can help you, bring as much as you can to jail. It will transfer to the prison with you, but if your family waits until you get in prison to send you money, the prison will take out 55% for any fines or restitution that you owe.

I have been trying to get information and I have found everyones responses very helpful. So does half time start at reception or do they count from time of arrest? My husband and I have tried to get information even from the facility to where he will be tranfered for reception. Its a non-violent offense they gave him 36months and will have 180 days credit at time of sentencing, and we are trying to figure out his total time... Can someone please help??

Familyfirst33
02-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Well how abt my bros 3 year sentence for Felony posession firearm, burglary, terrorist threats? How much time is he lookin at on a 3 year sentence served on 1/31/11 with 126 days credit? Is that considered violent served @ 85% or is it possible he be released after 18months @ 50%? 19 Year old first time Offense/Prison Trip. ANY & ALL Input is Appreciated. Thanks In Advance...:confused:

MamaLion56
02-13-2011, 08:08 PM
My Boyfriend just got sent upstate as well he got 3YRS & the day of sentencing the judge told him he would only do 50% of the time due to the fact it was his first felony. and he got credited with 958 days this was jan14 thou. so im assuming to day he has 1018 days thats if his time never stop from the day he got sentence till today. he is already in reception and im wondering if anyone can give me an idea of when he might possibly be coming back home.

or when exactly do they let them know their release anything will help

ps:sorry if you guys see so many post and they become annoying im just real stress out and want to have an idea sucks being home alone 24-7 with a 8month year old son. THANKS!

sunangel111
03-13-2011, 07:27 PM
You get time and a half, not double time credits for county jail in california.
If you've served 200 days, you get credit for 200 days actual time and 100 days credit for good time/work time.

That's not correct. With the passing and enactment of SBx3 18 in Jan., 2010 last year, those sentence to state prison at half time get day for day (half time) while in county with a few exceptions as follows:

1. those required to register as a sex offender;
2. those committed for a serious felony; AND
3. those with a prior conviction for a serious felony or a violent felony.

If you fall into any of those categories and you are sentenced to state at half time, then you would only get actual + half county credits which equates to 1/3 off, 2/3 time. However, once you get to state you would begin to earn day for day (half time).

Also, those required to do 80% will only get 1/3 credits for county time and those required to do 85% are limited to 15% pre-sentence (county) credits.

sunangel111
03-13-2011, 09:07 PM
If you can give me his actual pre-sentence credits awarded at sentencing, his sentencing date, his state transfer date and whether he falls into any of the categories listed below, I can give you an accurate date based on CDC's EPRD Calculation Worksheet:

1. required to register as a sex offender;
2. committed for a serious felony; or
3. prior conviction for a serious felony or a violent felony.

Half time starts at time of arrest providing he does not fall into the above listed categories, otherwise it's 2/3 time from time of arrest to state transfer, then once in state it's half time.

I have been trying to get information and I have found everyones responses very helpful. So does half time start at reception or do they count from time of arrest? My husband and I have tried to get information even from the facility to where he will be tranfered for reception. Its a non-violent offense they gave him 36months and will have 180 days credit at time of sentencing, and we are trying to figure out his total time... Can someone please help??

dp60922
03-13-2011, 09:15 PM
My fiance had court in november and was sentenced to three years with a prior strike on him. The judge told him exacly.... you will do 50% of your time starting the day you went into county. So for him his half time started the day he got arrested. That must be the normal... im just assuming.

dp60922
03-13-2011, 09:17 PM
His strike he had on him was for firearms and he was arrested with drugs, guns and ammunition... some pretty serious stuff and half time was still given at the day of his arrest. Guess they really want people to get in and out.

sunangel111
03-13-2011, 10:02 PM
The new law that passed last year is frequently misinterpreted/misunderstood and I've personally seen DA's, PD's and judges all agree to something that wasn't correct according to law. CDC will likely not question what the judge ordered, but, rest-assured, they will give him actual + half for the time since sentencing through state transfer. I've been through this myself and spoke to numerous case analysts and if they research his record, which I'm sure they will, it won't matter what the judge said he was entitled to. On the same token though, like I said, they won't bother challenging what the judge ordered but they will credit him according to what he is actually entitled to post-sentence.

You can read more here (http://leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=07424012850+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve) and jump to section 2933 subdivision (e) or read below:

"2933(e)(1) Notwithstanding Section 4019 and subject to the limitations of this subdivision, a prisoner sentenced to the state prison under Section 1170 for whom the sentence is executed shall have one day deducted from his or her period of confinement for every day he or she served in a county jail, city jail, industrial farm, or road camp from the date of arrest until state prison credits pursuant to this article are applicable to the prisoner.
(2) A prisoner may not receive the credit specified in paragraph (1) if it appears by the record that the prisoner has refused to satisfactorily perform labor as assigned by, or has not satisfactorily complied with the reasonable rules and regulations established by, the sheriff, chief of police, or superintendent of an industrial farm or road camp.
(3) Section 4019, [B]and not this subdivision, shall apply if the prisoner is required to register as a sex offender, pursuant to Chapter 5.5 (commencing with Section 290), was committed for a serious felony, as defined in Section 1192.7, or has a prior conviction for a serious felony, as defined in Section 1192.7, or a violent felony, as defined in Section 667.5."

Section 4019 only allows for 2 days credit for every 4 days served, i.e. actual + half and NOT day for day.:o

His strike he had on him was for firearms and he was arrested with drugs, guns and ammunition... some pretty serious stuff and half time was still given at the day of his arrest. Guess they really want people to get in and out.

Beachhouse
03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
My friend had sentencing today and judge said he had to serve the entire time. So this means none of the fun calculations getting him less time?

jg9109
03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
this is my first time using this and i have no idea if im posting this correctly... :/

i have a quick question which i hope someone would plz answer. i know the answer might not be EXACT but an estimate would help alot!...so here goes....

i just want to know how half time works. my boyfriend got sent to jail January 1st 2011 & has not been sentenced but he tells me it might be either a yr or 2 so lets jst asume they gave him either:

A) 2yrs in PRISON with half time and the 3 months hes been in county count as credit served

or

B) 1 year WITH HALF TIME AND CREDIT SERVED IN COUNTY

someone plzzz reply!

sunangel111
03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Approximately July, 2011 for 1 year and January, 2012 for 2 years. The possible variation comes from whether or not he is entitled to and awarded day for day pre and post-sentence credits vs. actual + half pre and post-sentence credits. If he's entitled to day for day (straight half time) then it would be the 1st of those months vs. the end of those months if he only gets actual + half pre and post-sentence credits.
this is my first time using this and i have no idea if im posting this correctly... :/

i have a quick question which i hope someone would plz answer. i know the answer might not be EXACT but an estimate would help alot!...so here goes....

i just want to know how half time works. my boyfriend got sent to jail January 1st 2011 & has not been sentenced but he tells me it might be either a yr or 2 so lets jst asume they gave him either:

A) 2yrs in PRISON with half time and the 3 months hes been in county count as credit served

or

B) 1 year WITH HALF TIME AND CREDIT SERVED IN COUNTY

someone plzzz reply!

jg9109
03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Approximately July, 2011 for 1 year and January, 2012 for 2 years. The possible variation comes from whether or not he is entitled to and awarded day for day pre and post-sentence credits vs. actual + half pre and post-sentence credits. If he's entitled to day for day (straight half time) then it would be the 1st of those months vs. the end of those months if he only gets actual + half pre and post-sentence credits.

thank you so much, now just have to wait till he does get sentenced

treemansgirl
07-07-2011, 09:19 AM
My man was sentenced to two 16 month terms at 80% because of a previous strike. He was picked up on March 13, 2011 and has 74 days county jail credit. He got to Fire Camp November 2010 and has been there since. He has not one write up. Does anyone know anything about a possible reduction from the 80% for going to camp? I've heard that most prisoners get 50% for camp, but because of his strike he won't be eligible. Also, can anyone help me calculate his time? When I do it, it comes out dirrerently than what they're telling him. Any help would be appreciated.

sunangel111
07-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Actually, camp inmates get two days for every one served so they only do 1/3 time from point of completion of training on. HOWEVER, only inmates eligible for half time are eligible for this extra credit. Those subject to 80% and 85% unfortunately do not get any extra credit even though they are in camp...:( My personal opinion is that if they are deemed to be low enough risk to society to be placed in camp, then why do we continue to keep them in longer as if they are still a threat??? But that's the way it is.

Anyway, I don't understand how he got 74 days. He should have been awarded actual + half and the closest I can get is either 49 + 24 = 73 or 50 + 25 = 75. They always round down on the good time. It's possible that he got day for day even though he shouldn't have (lucky him). Tell me what day he was sentenced and what day he was transferred to state and I can give you an accurate date.
My man was sentenced to two 16 month terms at 80% because of a previous strike. He was picked up on March 13, 2011 and has 74 days county jail credit. He got to Fire Camp November 2010 and has been there since. He has not one write up. Does anyone know anything about a possible reduction from the 80% for going to camp? I've heard that most prisoners get 50% for camp, but because of his strike he won't be eligible. Also, can anyone help me calculate his time? When I do it, it comes out dirrerently than what they're telling him. Any help would be appreciated.

TaraIsabelle457
08-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Question, my husband has 2 strikes.. got caught for a violation and stolen posession.
they gave him 32 at 80%. when he was in reception he had gotten into trouble and he said that he is now doing the full 32 months. he is now mainlined after 4 months of bein there he got his privaledges taken away.. he has 20 months left from the 32 months. do you think it is possible that he can get good time back if hes good? also the computer says that his parole month is 2 months prior to the 32 months. is it a mistake ? will it change once the time gets closer or is that the set month?

PandaLove
08-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Question, my husband has 2 strikes.. got caught for a violation and stolen posession.
they gave him 32 at 80%. when he was in reception he had gotten into trouble and he said that he is now doing the full 32 months. he is now mainlined after 4 months of bein there he got his privaledges taken away.. he has 20 months left from the 32 months. do you think it is possible that he can get good time back if hes good? also the computer says that his parole month is 2 months prior to the 32 months. is it a mistake ? will it change once the time gets closer or is that the set month?

I dont have an answer but you mentioned the computer has 2 months early, was it a website youre referring to that you got his parole month? If so, can you share?

sunangel111
08-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Did he do 2 months in county prior to being sentenced/transferred? If so, it would be that much less time he would have to serve on his full 32 months (his max date). That means that by the time CDCR get him, he would only have 30 months max to serve. CDCR then calculates his EPRD from there by deducting eligible conduct credits.

Sheryl P.
11-16-2011, 07:07 AM

By computer,do you mean his time calculation sheet?

MissStewart09
12-06-2011, 02:56 PM
My boyfriend was sentence to 4 years in state prison for first degree residence burglary on Dec 2 2011. That made two strikes for him which mean he will have to do 80 % of his time I think. He has been in county jail since. Oct 28 2011. So how much time will he actually have to serve in sp. Oh I think he got 32 day credit too.

MitosWifee!
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM
My boyfriend was sentence to 4 years in state prison for first degree residence burglary on Dec 2 2011. That made two strikes for him which mean he will have to do 80 % of his time I think. He has been in county jail since. Oct 28 2011. So how much time will he actually have to serve in sp. Oh I think he got 32 day credit too.

My Husband just did 3yrs 2mths on a 4 year w/80% sentence.. I think he had around 20 days or so credit..

stacienoelle
12-27-2011, 01:39 PM
my fiance got a prison term for 16 months at only 25% in california and since its so over crowded he has to stay in orange county jail to do 4 months there (how lucky am i!)

anonymous_85
01-02-2012, 02:35 PM
my fiance got a prison term for 16 months at only 25% in california and since its so over crowded he has to stay in orange county jail to do 4 months there (how lucky am i!)

25%??? Is that normal? I'm new to this percentage thing. Did he get sentenced after the realignment and the other recent laws they passed at the end of last year?

16nca
03-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Did you get his release date already? How do you know its only 4 months on 16 months? Thanks for your reply in advance.

uconley88
06-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Hello.. My fiance was sentence 6-17-2013 for a case from 2009. He served from 10-17-2009 - 10-30-2010 in Ventura county jail. How much time served would he acquire from that year?

2sleepy
06-19-2013, 11:46 PM

There is no 25% formula for time in California. You probably should call his attorney and discuss this because someone is giving you bad information

2sleepy
06-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Hello.. My fiance was sentence 6-17-2013 for a case from 2009. He served from 10-17-2009 - 10-30-2010 in Ventura county jail. How much time served would he acquire from that year?

It depends on what % of time he got sentenced to serve; 50%, 80%, or 85%. You would deduct the year he did in county from his sentence and then multiply the remainder by the percent of time he was sentenced to serve.

MrsHeadley32313
10-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Scroll down the page to second sticky. that should help you calculate. Remember, if time is discounted ie 35%, 50%, that won't start until he arrives at Reception. Any time served after court will apply to credit. Hope this helps. I posted a better reply earlier but it got lost somehow. Good luck.

Quick question my man was just sent from wayside (nccf) to wasco state prison this morning 10/30/2014 and was sentenced to 30months with 100 days credit at 85% on 10/16/2014 i was wondering 2 things
1. Is it true that time served in reception is doubled (where as 1day counts as 2) ?
2. And also roughly what actual time is he looking at with this sentence?