View Full Version : Camp Lejeune Base Brig info. thread

ska1188511
11-25-2005, 06:59 PM
For all of you that have the questions and any concerns about Camp Lejeune Base Brig, I can help. I was there for about 4 years. Lets just say I wasn't confined. Ask away, I will shoot your strait and tell you how it is.

mombert
11-28-2005, 10:54 PM
ska,
I hear that brig will be closing soon, is this true?

ska1188511
11-29-2005, 04:30 AM
Yes! A very well needed brig will be built in the next few years. The government will be closing other brigs, to include Lejeune, and consolidating then in to one. I believe if I remember right, somewhere in Virginia? Lejeune is old and in dire need of repairs.

mombert
11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Yes I have been in that place, and it looks like it could use some work. Do you have any info. Why the phone calls are so short-expensive and why they keep cutting us off saying they detect a 3 way calling devise, Hell I don't have 3 way. I had this service inabled so that I would avoid this problem. Also why so stiff on the rules of reciving the one x-mas package they get. Can you touch on the time (1 hour ?) that they get to enjoy this gift and the fact that it has to come from a company not a regular person?

How about the treatment of the inmates, do you feel that they are treated well? I mean, I would imagin some would be hard to deal with but, some of the things that I have seen on visits apear to be just plain old wrong.

I hope you don't mind all the questions but, I would like to understand a little better
why things are done the way they are. I have a relative that is a guard at a state prison and another with a Law degree that is an agent in the FBI and the way they tell me that things are done outside of the military are quite different.

Thanks again Ska.,
Lisa

ska1188511
12-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Lisa,
I would be more than happy to help you. Obviously I can't go too in to detail about the securities of the brig. In regards to the phone calls. The cost of your phone calls has nothing to do with the Military nor the Government. It's a private phone company/contractor that is incharge of the prices with the phone calls. Now, with the 3 way calling; cannot go in to detail of them. That would advise you of the security within. I will tell you this, not implying that you are, do not do nor say anything stupid while on the phones. I will leave it at that.

The Christmas packages. When I was there the prisoners got 2 hours the eat/enjoy their gifts. That may have changed. What I am about to say was accurate when I was there, it may have changed. You are allowed to send them care packages during Christmas. BUT, the items that are sent has to be from a company in an unopened original package. Other words, if you send cookies from Chips a'hoy, they have to be in their original, unopened wrapping. The reason behind this rule is, if you baked your own goods, lets say cookies, you can slip contraband in to them. Brownies with Marajuana in them. Things like that.

Treatment from the guards. Yes there has been times that I witnessed poor situations with the guards. Over all, I do feel the prisoners do get treated fairly well. The prisoners are in charge of their own fait. If they are trouble makers, they will be treated as such. If they treat the guards with respect and do as they are told, they will be treated as such. I could say more specificly but I would need to know what you experienced while you were at visitation. Once I know I will tell you if the guard was right and why he reacted or did what he did. On the other hand I will tell you if what accured was uncalled for.

I hope I helped. If there is anything else, feel free to ask.

Ska

mombert
12-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Ska,
Thanks so much for the info and insight. I can tell you the X-mas thing has changed, now the whole box has to be packed and shipped by the vendor. I guess they figure it if never touches our hands it's less likley to be tamppered with. Thats a bummer as we are into tradition and you can only find big name things from those companys so, traditional local products are out. As for the calls, I can only say that we don't have any reason to talk about anything that would end our calls like that. Sometimes a little venting (no swearing) by the inmate but, I would assume that is normal. As for mistreatment, I cannot say all of the things I have heard because of course, Well, you know! I did get a story of an inmate that is told that he cannot pray his rosery in the evening and I don't mean to sound like a nit picker but, to a inmate this can be the only good thing in life for now. I do understand that other circumstances could have been involved but, I questioned that and it just didn't seem so. Upon our visits we have encountered some questionable things one time our special vo was delayed by 20 min. as the guards on duty gathered between the entry doors (where we could hear what was being said) and took that 20 min. to decide who would wake up the sleeping guard. :confused: I like to make good decisions myself but, I only gathered from this that, well, Humm??? Another time the inmate was being called down for vo and was adressed by "Fricking" and then the last name. This was done over the mic. and was heard by any visitors and all in the squad bay as well. Had a guard make a remark to the inmate as we were behind her and lets just say she sounded like the bully in grade school. I have seen other things and the reason I am concerned is, if we are seeing this at visits, what is going on when we are not around.

I hope you will stick around the site as I'm sure as a non-inmate with some inside knowledge, your insight may be very helpful. I am trying to see things from both sides but, sometimes I just can't see thru the sadness and all.

Thanks again Ska,
mombert:(

mother lost
12-03-2005, 10:31 AM
i have a 22 yr old son that is being held at the wayne county jail in detroit for M.P.s to come and get him. we were up there from FL because my 47 yr old brother was on his death bed at 7:15 11-22-05 he passed away later that day my son who has never been in trouble not as much as a traffic violation works everyday helps his dad and me was out.with his other uncle going to visit a friend around noon some guy hit my 2005 explorer that my son is insured to drive called the police to make a report and there was a gov.issued warrant for his arrest because when he was 17 he begged and begged me to sign papers did it and now regret it but after basic traning they never full filled the contract that he and i signed BREACH OF CONTRACT i need info on how to get him out of the county jail and get this over with he's my only child and i need him home with me:( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: if have any info you can private message me (Personal email address removed per PTO policy) i miss him and love him so much

myowneq
03-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

I was very recently released from the brig. If you have any questions for those about to go, currently in, or want to catch up, drop a message. I'll be checking here a time or two per day.

DeNada
03-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Hello! And welcome to PTO. Congratulations on your release and I hope the transition is going well. It's great to have someone posting here that has recent hands-on experience with the facility and can answer some of the questions about what really goes on and how it all works. Thanks for looking us up and offering your help. Good luck to you!

~Lisa.

mombert
04-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I Have A Question For You Myowneq, Is There A Web Site That Will Give Us Information Such As Visitation Information? I Was Told That Special Visits Are No Longer Allowed At Lejeune And Only Sat And Sun 12-3 Is This True?

myowneq
05-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Greetings,

I am really sorry about the extended reply. When I left March 23rd, special visits were allowed with prior consent and good reason.

As for visiting hours, they were Sat & Sun, and holidays, 12-3PM.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay in response.

Timothy

discoball
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
congrats and welcome :)

Cavwife1
02-19-2008, 07:13 AM
I have a quetion maybe you can help. My husband left our county jail Feb 5 and has been able to call me since he has been at Camp Lejeune (please note i am in texas) so everything has been fine but my brother and his wife were moving in and had a work order for their phone to be added in a room. I was keeping my line as well and their calls were being transferred up to my home. They had their phone transferred up to my house since saturday Feb 16 and then on sunday my husband was able to call all day and then couldn't get through before he went to bed so he called his mom freaking out because he couldn't get through to me so they called me yelling at me asking whats wrong with the phone he couldn't get through i said i don't know i will have to call in the morning so monday morning i was on the phone with my phone service Embarq and they told me i shouldn't have a problem because my line was clear and told me to call another number so i did that and they said my line was clear but that they didn't deal with camp lejeune i would have to find a 3rd party that did. But i didn't understand why i would have to when he's been able to call the whole time. SO lets just say 3 times that day i was on the phone. But then my sister in law called her phone company asking questions and the first thing they said to her was is the calling coming from a correctional place and she said yes how did you know they said we can see it and he said the transfer to my phone shouldn't matter well i called the 3rd party billing i had and they said the way the correctional billing services work that if they see that they will block it. do you know a 3rd party billing for camp lejeune and if the transfer was the problem will it fix its self with the lift of the transfer

mombert
02-25-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't know about fixing it's self but I wouldn't count on it.
The only time calls can be forwarded is through an arangment. I had a phone service for my son, he called a local # and it was forwarded to me. I did have to wait for the company to get approval for the service. If your loved one will be in for a while you might want to check the service out. It's prisoncalls.com.

Good Luck,
Lisa

kmm0214
07-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I am in the process of learning rules about the brig. I have a lot of questions, and some of them have been answered by reading things that others have posted. One question that I do have, is what is it like during the visitation time? Are they allowed to have visitors any time, or is there a certain time during the week they can have visitors? Also, while visiting, is there a certain area only for visitation? Thanks!

Tina Nguyen
04-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Do you have a # that I can call to see if my husband got there safely and if he lost his wallet? He had a layover in spain and there were a lot of what seems like fraudulent charges and I need to fix this ASAP.

Please help.

Thanks

brit19
05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
soo my husband got to the brig at camp lejeune on May 11 2009. he was picked up for desertion, but they dropped it to UA because he was only gone 38 days. i have been able to go see him once thankfully (its an 8 hour drive), but i have a question about special visitation.. i am able to go see him this weekend but not until sunday and i was trying to find out if i could get a special visitation on monday too. i know its very short notice but i havent been able to talk to my husband to tell him im coming and to try to get the visitation approved. i was told the standard was one week in advance. does anyone know if they ever make exceptions? also-is special visitation a contact visit like regular visitation?

i would also like any information from anyone who is going through the same thing or has already gone through it. im extremely stressed out as we all know the military especially the marine corps loves to give you the run around accomplishing nothing for us. so any info would be much appreciated!

Randommick
06-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm going up for court martial here in a few weeks. There's a PTA set in place that won't allow me to be confined for more than 90 days, so I'll be headed to Camp Lejune's brig. I was just wondering what the daily routine was, rules about visitation and recreation, and what facilities they had there for inmate use, such as a library or gym.

This is my first and hopefully only experience with any kind of incarceration and was hoping that someone in this community could help me out. I looked for a basic sticky or another thread with general information like this in it but wasn't able to find one that suited my needs, so if I overlooked it, directing me to it would be helpful.

Also, I heard a rumor about some kind of good conduct system, where you would be released early, provided you obey regulations. Any squashing or quantifying of these rumors would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Grunt
06-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Mick, good abatement is compiled for treatment programs and staying squared away at work. You've got a fairly short sentence, so you probably wont earn much if any abatement, but you'll earn good time. Good time is automatic. You can lose it if you get into anything. I think it's still 5 days a month, but you normally don't earn anything within 30 days of release.
Hope that helps. Good luck

Rev Mike
06-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

I was very recently released from the brig. If you have any questions for those about to go, currently in, or want to catch up, drop a message. I'll be checking here a time or two per day.

My son just went to the brig yesterday, I appreciate whatever info you share that you think will help me to help him.

fallensoldier
07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
RevMike...the best thing you can do is support him. When I was @ Lejume, it was run very efficiently. But, still, prison is stressful. The guards were nor more respectful than Army guards @ Ft. Knox. But, they treated everyone more consistently.

fallensoldier
07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
No gym @ Lejume but you can perform calastenics in the barracks on personal time. You can use the library but times are severly restricted. You will have a morning inspection. If you have a job, you will probably be out most days working (but w/90 days, you will probably not have a job). After dinner chow you will probably have some outdoor rec on the yard providing that the temp is not too hot nor too cold. In the evening, they will offer some cleaning details for the facility. Return to your barracks and showers will be turned on. Likely to have a little TV through the day. Otherwise, uneventful. But this was in the mid-nineties. And, we could smoke when on work detail and on the yard at rec. Truly, with 90 days, you will not be severly impacted.

discoball
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
RevMike, i agree with fallensoldier, support him and let him vent to you b/c he cant vent there. he is not allowed to argue or have his say or anything like that. they have control and that is hard to deal with. so help him keep under control and keep earning good days credit and not get in trouble for stupid things so he can come home asap.

because none of that stuff that goes on there matters as much as coming home and it wont mean anything once hes home. he can forget all about it and move on.

good luck

MissingMyMarine
08-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Hello Brit. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. It is rough, I know from first hand experience. My husband was also held in Camp Lejeune brig for unathorized absense.

I, myself didn't visit. He felt it was harder to see me during a time like that, so honoring his request, I chose phone contact instead. The entire process is a hurry up and wait thing, but overall it isn't too bad. The guys are treated fairly, still have phone access, televisions, radios and are allowed to work to pass the time. Of course, they are limited to those things, have to often take cold showers, no AC (or wasn't while my hubby was there) and don't get large meals. BUT, they often times still receieve pay IF they are seperated with an A.S.. So, needless to say, there are both ups and downs.

The process is different for each person. Some are court martialed (which ISN'T what you want) and some are lucky enough to get admin. sep.. If he hasn't spoken with his lawyer yet (which normally takes awhile to get), definitely do tell him to go this route. With an admin. sep. comes a wait game. The paperwork has to be signed by the base commander which means it sits for quite awhile on his desk for him to say, yes or no. (Also note, it takes a bit to gather all of the things for the admin. sep. to even begin. The inmate must write a letter, their service record book must be retrieved, etc.) If he has maintaned a good service record with no other issues, the BC normally says yes. But, like I said it is lengthy. Another thing is an entry level seperation if the person hasn't been in the marine corps for a long amount of time.. Another good thing, with an admin. sep. the inmate is released with and OTH, rather than a DD that often comes with court martialing.

Things to do to help: Contact the counselors office. They are VERY helpful and can often times relay information between you and him. However, you MUST be a spouse. (Unfortuantly no b/f, fiance stuff.) Also, once appointed a lawyer, depending upon who he is - he may also offer his office phone to contact him for information. (Note that they are out of the office 98% of the time, however my husbands was very good about returning calls and even let me know the morning that he was released to expect to hear from him at a certain time!) Send PLENTY of money. Matter of fact, send all that you can. Phone accounts are filled on a certain day and if you can work out a schedule, you can hear from him atleast a few times a day. (My husband and I worked out a 2 or 3 time a day call and even did double calls at times. BUT, it WAS expensive.)

Also, once released from the brig expect a few remaining days on base to check out. This is once again another "hurry and wait" thing. If admin sep, he should be assigned a job and will remain in the barracks with a meal card during this time. And, if admin sep'ed and he is allowed to maintain his pay, remember that any missing gear and costs to transport to and from the brig, etc. WILL be taken from his check.

Hang in there. It's alot to take it, I know.. But, it will be over soon! I wish you the VERY best and if you have ANY questions, please ask. :)

hismomma
01-21-2010, 04:50 AM
I am the mother of a recently incarcerated son :( He is at Camp Lejuene and I can't find any information on how or where to send letters or how to arrange for visits. Could someone please help me? Thanks so much.

smiley12
02-11-2010, 11:32 AM
For all of you that have the questions and any concerns about Camp Lejeune Base Brig, I can help. I was there for about 4 years. Lets just say I wasn't confined. Ask away, I will shoot your strait and tell you how it is.

what is the address to camp lejeune? i want to send my husband a money order so he can call me

ChaarNeto
02-17-2010, 12:13 AM
I was confined in the Camp Lejeune brig from 2005 'til 2006. What i found ridiculous is that you have by being in the brig they tell you in the cage that you are nothing. That you have no rank in there and that you are hereby known as prisoner/detainee. However, they still force all prisoners/detainess to stay awake all day long. You cannot take a nap in the middle of the day. If you dont have a job, you have to sit, in a chair and look at each other all day long. What does this cause? Increase in "Code Blues" meaning, more fights. They force you to shave everymorning, they force you to address the guards like drill instructors. Stand in parade rest while talking, etc. The other thing i will say is that the guards have the biggest power trips ever! I will say however, that there were some awsome guards that showed everyone respect and received it in return. If you are a guard, and you have a grown ass man infront of you, and then you make him scrub (scuz) the ground. A ground that you know for a fact is going to be just as dirty and dusty 2 minutes after you scrub. Do you think that person is going to respect you? While there i witnessed and heard a lot of hazing issues. A lot of people dont talk about the cage that they receive you in. It's really a fenced-in little box before you go in the brig. They "breif" you of the rules. One of them is walk on the right side of the hallways but if one of the staff is walking in your way then you must get the hell out of the way or you will get stiff armed. That is actually something that they tell you. I have heard of guards making overweight new arrivals get on their knees and Oink like pigs. I will also say that i have also witnessed those guards get punished as well for their acts. The brig itself turns into a bonding environment to all those that have passed through there and have dealt with the B.S of the young boot guards telling war veterans that their prisoner uniform isn't creased properly. I will say that your time in there is what you make it. If you win the pain in the ass guards over, you will have a much smoother ride. I recomend anyone going in to look and see how the people that have been there for years act and behave. I wonder if Mrs. Sapke and Mrs. Taylor is still working in the mess hall. One thing i will say is that we had some pretty good food concidering the circumstances. Visits are every weekend and holidays. I beleive 12 to 3 when i was in there. They allow you 1 embrace when you start and 1 embrace when leaving. Prisoner and Visitor must sit opposite from each other, and must keep contact to a minimum.

aparks022
02-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Their address is...

Last Name, First Name
Bldg. 1041
PSC 20140
Camp Lejeune, Nc 28542-0140

andiegurl793x
03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
I have been trying to get my marine husband to sign the divorce papers for almost a year now. I don't want to make things complicated, just a simplified divorce no strings attached. He is now in the brig at Camp Lejeune for hitting someone of importance, but I need to know if I can send divorce papers to him there and if someone could ensure me that he signs. I was 16 when I married him and being a minor he felt he had all the control over me and well he didn't provide me with food, he was constantly verbally abusing me and he physically abused me. On pay day he would go buy video games, he never payed the bills and I had no access to any of it because everything was in his name. I want to start fresh and he doesn't want to let go. I need him to sign the papers!

~Andie~

likkawan09
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
hopefully someone can help me out on here... my friend was just sent to the camp lejeune brig the other day and i have not heard from him since he left to go there... i was just wondering if anyone could help me out on what the address is to send him letters and if im able to send him stamps so he can write me back... also what is the estimated amount of money he would need in his account to buy things and what not. also is he allowed to call anyone or is there just certain people he is allowed to call? thanks in advance for your help i hope to be hearing from someone soon!!!

Mrammim
04-14-2010, 01:10 AM
what happens when a person is sent to the brig? how can you contact them? is there an address to write to them? can they contact you? is there anything you have to do so they can call you? is there a way to find out how long they will be there? will they get any legal representation?

thanks so much for any advice or information that you can share!

amandaf5831
08-13-2010, 05:48 PM
My ex husband was a CO at the base brig from 2004-2005. I am just wondering if there are any of his coworkers on here?

KMHiggins
09-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Hello to everyone, does anyone know the address to camp lejeune i am trying to go visit my husband this wkend but i dont know my way so i need the exact address so i can put it in my GPS...Thanks in advance.

Irishka13
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
My fiance was sent to the brig last week. I was wondering how I can find the address so I can send him a letter. Also does anybody know when or how often they are given phone privileges to call? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

NinaHunter
09-16-2012, 07:14 AM
Well if there is anyone i can talk to about a situation going on with my husband being in the brig, pretrial special court martial, please message me im so lost :(

Subie24
09-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Well if there is anyone i can talk to about a situation going on with my husband being in the brig, pretrial special court martial, please message me im so lost :(
Nina: my son was at the brig in Lejeune prior to his trial/court martial. Do you have an attorney? I think one would help. I don't know if the assigned defense attorney would be enough. I guess it depends on the charges. You can pm me if you want.