View Full Version : Georgia TPM!!

darlenev
06-04-2003, 06:17 PM
How long does it REALLY take to get a TPM? We have been waiting for 6 months now since he "entered" the system, even though he has been locked up for 9!
People all around him are getting their TPMs pretty quick but still we wait. His is a non-violent offense with a sentance of 3 years.
I called the PB last month and was told that they just sent his file up to the board and that it would be 30 days. I wonder if that is a standard answer when you call and inquire. Anyone else have that experience yet?
C'mon you Georgia people I KNOW there are more than just this handful of people who have posted so far....

Appreciate any help that you can give me
Thanks
God Bless
Darlene

lilivoryangel
06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
I was told 30 days as well. GA's system is a joke. I am so discouraged! Sorry I can't help more!

Belle2000
06-19-2003, 08:15 AM
darlenev, if you'll give me his name and ef number, i will make some calls for you. i still have some pull in ga, so maybe i can atleast find out what the hold up is for you.

rdslove
06-25-2003, 10:19 PM
First I have to say,,,,,It has been a while since I have been on here.....I have been around the corner, down the block and back again....and I will tell you dealing in depth with any part of the Georgia Department of Corrections will test your very sanity.....lol. You never get a straight answer, everyone will put you off or either tell you they will call you back. You have to constantly repeat yourself, and repeat again. You will find that these people that run our system have very LOW comprehensive skills,,,,,and I wonder about their intelligence. Wonder hell.....I can first hand tell you that I have yet to find one.......Yes ladies and gentlemen ONE person that works within our system that actually qualifies for the job they are suppose to be doing. I have cried, cussed, and prayed for strength......My best advice to anyone dealing with this system....stay on top of it....don't give up....and aggravate the hell out of them until they decide to give you an answer so you will go away......lol.......complain.....fuss.....and never be satisfied with dealing with one person....go up the ladder as far as need be......
Lisa

darlenev
06-26-2003, 04:32 PM
rd,
I am gearing up for the fight....they say 6-8 months for a TPM but I have heard of others who have been waiting for over a year for a TPM. I dont want ours to be this case. I am apprehensive about bugging them, I have heard that it helps and I have heard that it doesnt do a dang thing to help. I am afraid that if I press them too hard then they will put his file on the bottom of the stack or just "lose" it for awhile. Isnt that possible?? I must say that I have dealt with a few people who seem sincere and helpful but alas their hands are tied! Hopefully we will hear something soon. I'm planning to make a trip to the PB in July if nothing happens by then. WIll that help??
Thanks
God bless,
darlenev

rdslove
06-27-2003, 07:20 AM
I think they do appreciate the fact that someone cares and is concerned for their welfare.....I wouldn't go over board and call every day,,,,,I would send them an e-mail and simply tell them how long it has been and ask if they know when he will possibly have a TPM.

darlenev
06-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Talked to the PB again today and was told that I dont need to checkwith them again until August.

lilivoryangel
07-01-2003, 07:43 PM
go figure.........hang in there. I haven't called again. I figure I would wait until August too.

jen31704mike
09-27-2005, 10:43 PM
How long does it REALLY take to get a TPM? We have been waiting for 6 months now since he "entered" the system, even though he has been locked up for 9!
People all around him are getting their TPMs pretty quick but still we wait. His is a non-violent offense with a sentance of 3 years.
I called the PB last month and was told that they just sent his file up to the board and that it would be 30 days. I wonder if that is a standard answer when you call and inquire. Anyone else have that experience yet?
C'mon you Georgia people I KNOW there are more than just this handful of people who have posted so far....

Appreciate any help that you can give me
Thanks
God Bless
Darlene

My man has been in there for a year and 4 months almost and it took many many many months before we finally got a TPM. After writing the PB many times and hearing nothing, I finally wrote the Governor and he forwarded the letter to the PB and they finally replied to me. He has to serve 2 years of a 3 year sentence for a nonviolent crime. It's crazy. I was told last year (by the parole board) that he would be out no later than LAST February. They have told me so many different things, but now I have his TPM in writing and not a phone call. I live in Kentucky and its so hard for me to get in touch with anyone. Things are done so differently in GA. He would have been out a long time ago if he lived here. It sounds so screwed up at the PB there. (I'm not putting down GA, just the parole board) He is currently at Autry pre-transitional center and going to a halfway house sometime soon (hopefully) and his TPM is April but will probably get out in May. I wish all of you luck and pray for me as I pray for you. We will all get through this.

~BabyG~
09-29-2005, 02:12 PM
From what I heard...it takes up to 6-9 months...good luck!

Charliesgirl
09-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Have NO faith in the Georgia system...Much GOOD Luck to you

givens girl
09-29-2005, 05:05 PM
hEY GIRL WHATS UP LONG TIME NO SEE AND HEAR. i KNOW YOUR TIME IS DRAWING NEAR AND YOU MUST BE HOT AND HEAVY RIGHT KNOW. HOW IS T DOING GREAT I PRAY. WELL AS FOR ROY AND I THINGS ARE JUST PEACHEY,AND WE ARE GETTING READY TO CELEBRATE OUR 1 YEAR ANNV. I ASK BRENDA ABOUT YOU AND OF COURSE I LOST YOUR NUMBER TO CALL SO WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE CALL ME.

GIVENSGIRL

kisbet
09-30-2005, 02:49 AM
We've been waiting a year and still no word at all even after several letters and phone calls. No one in the system ever gives me a straight answer and I have to repeat myself so many times before they understand what it is I want to know. At first I thought it was that they couldn't understand my accent, then I found out it was because they had no idea themselves and were just plain bloody stupid. The system sucks!

Kebela1
10-08-2005, 01:30 AM
My son has been waiting for 3 years and still doesn't have a TPM. It still says n/a like it has since day one. I don't know what the deal is.

brandiwine94
10-10-2005, 07:00 PM
TPM in Ga!!! I wished! They act like it dosen't matter that peoples lives are on hold. My children and I haven't done anything wrong but we are being punished too.

JohnandMisty
10-16-2005, 04:04 PM
I am very new to this whole thing but my boyfriend/finacee has been sentenced a little over a month, what do I do now, when should I start writing for parole the sentence was ten years but this is his first time ever even being in trouble other than traffic tickets, Please help, very confused???