View Full Version : Ex-Prisoners / Cons Please Sign In!

Pages : [1] 2 3

David
06-05-2003, 02:15 PM
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]

David
06-05-2003, 02:22 PM
I did my only real prison time in the Feds - Beaumont F.C.I. Medium - 27 months.

I have also been in the Federal Detention Center in Houston, Harris County Jail, Montgomery Co. Jail, Brazos Co. Jail & Boot Camp, Williamson Co. Jail, and a number of other Texas jails.
As a Juvi I did 9 months in TYC (Texas Youth Commission) and guess I didn't get enough, though I always seemed to skirt the law for the most part.. Doing just enough to walk the edge but rarely falling over. Have been on some type of paper since 1992 and am really looking forward to getting off in the next year or so. Federal Probation is MUCH easier (if you are doing right) than state.
My fed time/charge was Felon in possession of a firearm.

If anyone needs to know about Fed prisons, especially F.C.I. Beaumont, I'm here to help.. I can also cover some state related things but I will usually send you to someone else I know for that.

That's it in a nutshell, and I am very retired from that way of life. ;)

David

life2thesequel
06-05-2003, 04:23 PM
I was a guest of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Extradicted into Western KY... to the Paducah Hilton. (Mc Cracken County Jail). Tried in a DP case... Given LIFE and sent off to Petticoat Junction... A place actually called PeWee Valley (aka the Pelvic Valley) home to KY's only State Women's Prison. The irony of me being condemned to a place called PeWee Valley is only apparent if you've read Gulliver's Travels.

The conviction had been overturned and made new law concerning Prosecutorial Misconduct. The retrial was again to be heard by a DP qualified jury.

5 Years and 105 Days after it began the Commonwealth saw fit to let me go. Nothing about KY county jails, nor KY cases surprises me.
Oddly, I don't startle easily.

I'm one of the few lady veterans around here. Probably the only person you'll meet who's survived 2 DP prosecutions, or walked out of a LIFE sentence.

I'm here because I am an advocate for prisoner's rights, female offender programs, longterm offender programs and Access to Courts issues. (see the thread on KY's Resident Legal Aid Program --- I advocate IT too. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9410

The INTRO post is on my profile now as a Homepage. It pays to know your audience.

What I can do here is listen, learn and find some use for some of that extraneous information and savvy that comes from having been called the defendant, the Lifer, the Legal Aid and of course, just my warm and fuzzy self.

FriscoLady
06-05-2003, 05:31 PM
Once and unfortunately, a possible future guest of the fine Commonwealth of Virginia.

My future depends solely on the results of my appeal, facing the possibility of residing in Hotel Virginia until 08.

However, I am looking at life with a positive attitude and plan on being home in California alot sooner than 08.

What can I do here - mostly listen, I am blessed that I don't have much experience to rely on. I would really like to keep it that way!

But I can listen and at times offer my shoulder for some one to lean on.

Patti (FriscoLady)

KConnor56
06-05-2003, 11:15 PM
I've done time in numerous Calif. prisons

B-Ray
06-06-2003, 12:37 AM
S/O some 40 years removed. Conviced 1962, order clearing record 1968, Certificate of rehabilitation 1999. Waiting on governors pardon that will never happen. I've never been in prison, spent 2 1/2 yrs in a CA State Hospital, did 5 yrs probation in 3 yrs.

Here at PTO I do not feel I have any answers, but I "try" to give something to think about from a different prespective from what's posted, on many topic's and a laugh or two along the way.

I'm just a guy that has lived many years. Seen a lot, traveled some (5 countries), read and try to learn from creditable people in the professional world.

jasonr
06-06-2003, 05:36 AM
Hmm..did most of my time in Santa Rosa in FL. Also beenin some juvie facilities in NY, Rikers island, Kew gardens detention center in queens ny and I am afraid a good possibility of being a future guest of the Florida DOC

tweetie123
06-06-2003, 08:59 PM
I was Facing a Mandatory Minimum Sentence of 25 years, But Only By The Grace Of God I only Had to do One Year with 10 years Probation, and Once Again, Only By The Grace Of God, I completed 5 years of the Probation then went back in front of the Judge, and was Released From the other 5 years due to completion of everything and Good Behavior. And I give GOD ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY!!! Oh Yeah, I am in Orlando Florida

JodyAnnShaw
06-10-2003, 12:02 AM
As a teenager, I seen 'jail' several times, but never got in any major trouble.

In 1996 I was charged and convicted of B&E, 2nd degree burglary, conspriacy to commit armed robbery, and accessory after the fact of murder.
I pulled all my time in the state of NC, including the Iredell County Jail, NCCIW in Raleigh, and FCCW in Rocky Mount.

I've been out of prison since 11/98... but am still on paper.

Tracie
06-19-2003, 04:20 PM
I served many short stay's as a juvenile, and too many to count in California's fine San Bernardino County Jail, I then eventually graduated to the Calif. State Penal System for Women, served a 9 yr. senrance only to get out and go right back in 3 mos. later, and so on and so on. Violation after violation until I grew up and figured out that who ever it was (I could'nt remember, too many drugs!) that told me prison was cool, LIED. Your not lame if you havent been to prison, so I thought, you were REALLY LAME if you went to prison. 2 years off parole now and holding strong!!!

itscindergirl
06-22-2003, 10:30 PM
I spent a year in texas prison the hobby unit. I will be glad to help anyone that needs help with questions or what ever. It was graded the worst womens prison but I can't see that any of them are that great. Your freedom lost means it's lost don't matter where you are. Hobby has lock door policy that means your door opens every hour on the hour and you better be ready to get out or go in they don't wait. Some guards are easier than others and might let you in but not every time just depends on how there day has gone. It's not a place you want to go believe me so think hard on the choices you make and friends you keep it's your freedonm your playing with and theres nothing more precious than that. roberta

Kenneth Oneil - KO1
06-23-2003, 10:58 AM
I've done two stints so I'm a two rodeo veteran and have permanently retired from the gulag system. Smile. First time down covered the early 90s and I was on Beto-1 and Brisco Unit in Texas. Second go round I did 8 flat and was recently released and did time on the Smith unit, Brisco again (!), and the Darrington Unit where I spent 6 of the 8 flat time down on the 12 for reataliation in ad. seg. confirmed a leader in the Aryan Brotherhood. I quit that ride some years back in case you don't already know or try to give me a hard time about it. Smile. All in all I have over 11 years done day for day in Texas Department of Criminal Justice. My advice to any of you is that if you don't reside in Texas stay away!!! This state is lock em' up happy. Keep the Faith!

capone
06-29-2003, 11:32 AM
I did 3 bits in Ohio. The last one cost me nine years of my life, but it was the turning point for me. I got out in 98 and am off paper.
I did alot of rotten stuff in my life and had to pay the price for my actions. Some good came out of it and some bad too. I no longer have the ability to miss people in my life. Which is a major concern for me. But at the same time I know that no matter what I can make it on my own. :cuffs:

PixieQueen
06-29-2003, 02:44 PM
I've only served house arrest time--is that relevent? First, and LAST felony convictions. (2 charges)--Helen

capone
06-30-2003, 06:38 AM
A conviction is a conviction Pixie. I am also the black sheep of my family only because I got caught. I don't see family very much but I always hold my head up high.

justvicki
07-05-2003, 12:32 AM
I was sentence to an indeterminate sentence of 3-30 years in West Virginia. I served four years on that sentence was was released on parole in February of this year. My finace is currently in San Quentin State Prison in California with a release date of August 2005.

I guess I could say I have the unique perspective of seeing both sides of the system.

I would be glad to answer any questions, and I am here to also offer my support.

Kaleilehua151
07-05-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi I did a little 3 years 6 months at the Women's Correctional Community Center in Kailua, Hawaii. I got out in July 2000, Did 2 good years of parole and got released from state parole 5 years early, July 2002. My fiance just went back to prison. 3rd time for him. 1st time he did 4 years. 2nd, time he did 6 years. And now he's still on state parole and just picked up new Federal Charges. He's facing the 3 strikes law, So we don't know how much time hell do this trip.
Aloha, Kaleilehua

gailkurp
07-11-2003, 05:13 AM
I served 5 months as a Federal inmate at the Geiger Corrections Center in Spokane, Washington, then followed with another 5 months home confinement. I'm currently under 5 years of supervised probation and trying to pay off my restitution so I can put this behind me.

My main reason for logging into this site is because I have a very close relationship with a man that has spent over 15 years in various prisons, just finished serving time for his 2nd strike, and is trying to get his life together now that he's out (10 months now). He is really struggling with missing his former partners and discovering who he is now that he's not living that life. He takes great pride in the fact that he's a "convict" and holds the fact that he's always gone down for his friends, never been a rat, and has always been a stand-up man within that community.

He has turned his life over to God and is working hard to live right, but I really want to know how to help him. I know that there would be some comfort for him in going back to prison because that is all he has ever known and most of his friends are there. I love him so much - I'm hoping someone within this group can help me understand him better and know how to give him the emotional support he needs to stay on track.

capone
07-16-2003, 11:32 AM
All you can do is let him know that you are there for him. Wether he returns to prison is only something that he can decide. I did 9 years the last time and have been out almost five. Some people supported me emotionally but most just waited for my return to the system. I didn't return because I chose not too. It's just like someone with a substance abuse problem. The person has to want to stay on the outside, if they don't there isn't much you can do.

Wlcome and glad you found this site. It has helped me in the short time I've been here.

cddesign
07-18-2003, 04:27 PM
I did my time in PA. DOC at SCI Greene. PA's version of maximum security. Charge was marijuana and I somehow remained misconduct free. I did 32 months. Actually I did 20 months inside and the last year in a half-way house. Still on paper and will be till the end of '09.

starnetsa
07-21-2003, 05:48 PM
I spent 8.5 years in several women's Federal prisons. I started my time in FCI Lexington, KY and was sent to FPC Alderson, WV in route to Marianna Maximum for Women on a disciplinary action, where I spent 2+ years, my security level dropped so they sent me to FCI Pleasonton, CA and dropped some more where they sent me to FPC Bryan, TX. Was assigned to a work crew at FCI - Carswell, TX where we prepared the hospital for female medical inmates, and back to FPC - Bryan to attend the drug program to complete my sentence.

I spent 5 years on probation, which is now complete.

I was released in 1997, restructured my life again after losing the prime years of my life. I am now 37 years old, went in when I was 23 for dating a man who dealt cocaine. He served 14 years. Conspiracy charges, if anyone was convicted of conspiracy they know what that means.

It has been about 15 years since my arrest and my release was 6+ years ago. I am here to help.

I also need some guidance from anyone who has been out for a considerable amount of time. Want to know if there is anyone out there who shares the same issues as I do.

rtee
07-22-2003, 03:31 AM
Started a destuctive lifestyle in the early 70's. Stealing, fighting, drugs and drinking. Stole a car and robbed a gas station. 2, 1-10 year sentence, or what they use to call, 1 to when. Got out didn't change a thing except learned to not trust anyone. Done more time in the 80's for drugs. I've seen 5 institutions and some 15 or so county jails. Knew the inmate who held the record in Indiana. In and out over 60 times. He's passed away some years ago, who cares, I did. Gave up my fast livin and got married. Not only am I happy, but i'm happy about it.

Do we know how many ex-inmates visit this site?

LilGirlInOrange
07-22-2003, 03:45 AM
My time started in the Sweetwater County Jail--within the year, I went to the Wyoming Girls School (Juvenile) and over the years continued to Community Alternative Center (CAC) in Casper, Wyoming--Natrona County Jail in Casper, Wyoming--Wyoming Womens Center--and from there was transferred to Central Oklahoma Correctional Facility (COCF) in Oklahoma. I'm 23 now and have been out and on my own for almost three years now. If anyone wants info on any of these places, just let me know.

B-Ray
07-22-2003, 01:47 PM
~~~Do we know how many ex-inmates visit this site?~~~

Only if they tell us. Some will do so in different forums, in responce to a thread.

We hope, that many visit this site and gain some insight in staying out, as well as joining our ranks and sharing there insight of the DOC system(s) and problems living in a society that doesn't want them.

Ex-con's have a lot of valuable information in helping others and in that, put some purpose in there devastatingly ordeal.

B-Ray
PTO Moderator

cridge
07-26-2003, 05:04 PM
I was convicted for growing marajuana, with the consipracy laws I was given 12.1/2 yrs, Fed prison,while other codefendents received 18 months or no charges. after 4 yrs and lots of work, my Lawyer was disbarred over my case and I received a sentence reduction of 73 months, I've been out a year, have 4 more yrs of paper, I am very angry with the justice system in this country, To have been incarcerated for something that, the government themselves do, is in my opinion outrageous, to have my life ruined because of a prosecutor that made me a target, and his career case is also outrageous, I lost all relationships with my son and grandchildren, because of the prosecutors harrassement, I lost every thing I had worked for all my life, and I'd worked all my life, a single mom, raised my son,ect. and had a nice little nest egg, for retirement, now I'm over 55 and have nothing, I have a corneal disease, that was not treated, and am disabled because of it, but I'm unable to get SS because they make you jusmp thru so many hoops and I'm only into the third hearing. I am lucky in some ways, and do receive a few benefits, but that is because they don't know I'm a felon. I met so many people in the system that were doing garcoian sentences, and many did not deserve what they were doing. there is something very wrong in our country, when the government can make a 52 billion dollar industry out of incarcerating people, AND it's getting worse instead of better, whats wrong with the poeple of this country, are they stupid or what, the government gets anything they want, and with hardly if not no opposition. I belong to 2 prison reform groups, and am very vocal when ever I'm given the chance ( like now) :) thank You

ladysoldier
08-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Whats up everyone...I did 7 yrs. for 2 counts of 1st deg. robbery. I went in 95, and got out in 02..gave birth to my only child in prison back in 96. Been thru alot and than some. I am 27 now. Bout to be 28 in Sept.
I have alot of homegirls in prison who I remain faithful in contact..and also a brother in law who just went in.
Hollar at me anyone who can FEEL me.
LadySoldier

colinuk
08-17-2003, 06:27 PM
I've done a total 9 and a half yrs served, here in the Uk. Started with a 2 in 82, a six and a half in 87 and a 4 and a half in 99. Thats not including a 22 month remand in custody to be found not guilty! No apologies of course. Been in all the London Prisons plus more. Let me tell you we are fast adopting your rules especially the TX "lock em up mentality" and this 2 strikes and your out law. I was in Wormwood Scubs which is a lifers prison and it was full of 2 strikes and your out, all the real lifers were complaining.. Anyway got no parole been out 15 months and really glad I found your site, its brought some real good people together and I feel at ease here.

JustMe1369
08-28-2003, 11:18 AM
I was in and out of "juvi" from age 13 to just prior to turning 16. The charges including vandalism, running away, an auto theft and one bogus arson charge. Those records were sealed when I became emancipated or when I turned 18.

I did one stint in Riverside County, CA serving about 9 months of a one year sentence with five years probation added to that, which I did not complete.

jamiefromtx
08-29-2003, 12:10 AM
I was in the Hackberry Unit in Gatesville, Tx. I am here to help those who are going in and have fears and questions AND it helps me remember how horrible it was and that I never want to return.

ckaldor
08-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Did Eighteen months at the walls in Moundsville, Wva from 1959 - 1961. Born across river in Ohio. Did six years CCI in Ohio for Att. murder, started to study law inside, went for four year psychology degree, signed onto law school, rejected, so do para-legal work in Ohio.

Wayne
09-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Just released from Alabama. Spent time in Kilby, Davis, and Loxley this time. Have also done time in West Jefferson or Donaldson it's called now and Ventress, Hamilton WR, and other stays in other places that I don't like to remember.

LUCKY
10-14-2003, 01:03 AM
I did 2 1/2 in az doc was just released on sep.11 2003 and dont plan on returning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QQin4meboo
10-14-2003, 01:20 AM
i am 36 ,

i have a juvty record that would throw u , in any state we was in ( military ) i did something and got caught

as an adult , i hooked up with dope boys , and took the rap many times , alaska, ny , pa , cali , fla , ga , chi town, atl , dc . all was short lives , see dem dope boys had dem good azz lawyers , i aint evn gonna tell u , how dem lawyers partyed and got favors to let me go ,

in the end , that man tried to kill me ,** when i was wantin to leave the game he turnt me out on ,,,,dope ** shot me and tried to cut off my feet , ( i look at my scars every day ) i have survived ,

now im married three kids , wonderful man 13 years yeah he knows it all , i just wonder what my kids should know , !!

i wirte alot of folks , cuz i know many didnt have a balla shot calla , and a crokked ass lawyer !! like was provided for me !!

QQin4meboo
10-14-2003, 01:22 AM
i would also like to note that i love , the poeple that come to these sites i visit ( a few sites ) many that know me , i have a great job ect , dont know that stuff , i just shared a big thing here , i must be at HOME !!

dkr55
10-14-2003, 03:52 AM
well i was arrested in yulee,fl charged with theft only stayed four days in nassau co. dropped charges a year later.was arrested in hazard ky,had 17 articles of stolen indenty's on me[fake dl's] charged with 6 class c felonies and one misdemeanor,spent 1 night and 1year later dropped charges. famous last words "i was innocent" wrong people right time.

ladysoldier
10-27-2003, 10:11 PM
I did 7 1/2 yrs. in a women's prison. I got out in Feb. 02.

apachegranny
10-29-2003, 07:28 PM
I am an ex guest of the Missouri DOC...aka Missery!!!! I received a 15 year sentence, did 5 in and am serving the rest on paper. Was put on call-in on my parole 6 months ago, things are going good, even started my own business. I have been home 2 years now and thank God every day for my freedom and that my family was here waiting for me.

AceDog
11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
I spent most of the 70's in Missouri, mainly "The Walls". I caught a case while doing time and had to flatten my sentence. I saw many things there including murder by other inmates and by staff. Jeff City was one bloody place back then. As I got short I was transfered to Renz Farm and they made it a coed experiment, now that was a nice place. I met some real solid people there and stayed in the game after my release. Only years of being shot and arrested and seeing friends die made me quit. While in prison I met some of the scum of the earth, however I did meet some of the best people I have ever known. Now that I am getting older I miss all those years I lost, but at the same time it was something. The day I walked out of Jeff City I had no intention of going straight, I was 10 years behind and trying to catch up. I did anything I wanted and paid the price life was not dull....

katmat1995
11-03-2003, 07:50 AM
I have served 4 terms of probation. But that paper ride ended Jan 11, 1999. I served 2 years 11 months at Julia Tutwiler Prison for women in Alabama.

I was released in Aug. 2001 on parole. Did two years parole. Now By God's Grace I am free.

My reason for being here. I would like to help all that I can. And maybe learn somethings myself. I am so thankful for PTO. Finally people who can relate to me. Kat

MissingJoe
11-08-2003, 06:48 PM
I only did 6 days(in Harris County jail) in Houston, Texas & I do believe from reading& studying & BEING there-that's the worse jail in the U.S.A.!!! I feared for my life in there! I seen& heard some herific things while in there!!! Also I did lots of overnighters for P.I. back 7 years ago when I used to drink..Tn. N.C. S.C. Ga. Huntsville,Tx. but like I say out of all the jails I've been in HARRIS COUNTY was the worse!!!!!

darkbluegirl
11-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Started going away as juvi, father not American, deported, never knew him. Mom into drugs and alcohol. Shot my first bag at 14. Turned 16 in Rykers. Short Fed stays, Aldenville, Lex, some county farm in VA, Philly State for woman, DC jail, most likely I've left some out, but my second home was MCI Framingham. I was doing life on the installment plan. In 90 I finished my last bid and I haven't been back. No new arrests, clean sober 10 plus years, in school now, went to college after getting GSD inside, only went to 7th grade, some of it, anyway. It cost years, really years, of time and effort to go and clean up my cases. I had a good lawyer who believed and took me pro bono.It was still expensive. I had time hanging, they declined to prosecute, scariest day of my life! I started in my home state and went down the line, cost money. My Boo is in the Fed Pen, 10 down, eight left. I say, I did it, you can, you've got more discipline than me. Like me, half a life inside, it's enough. So it can be done. Even tho they don't like you to forget, for a second. You know I can't visit, but I appeal, every transfer I will. I deserve to see him, and he's going to have to change his ways too.

Kaleilehua151
11-15-2003, 12:10 AM
I was incarcerated from February 97 to July 2000, at the Women's Community Correctional Center in Kailua, Hawaii. I got off parole 5 years early 1 1/2 years ago. For me, with the things I did and the dope I smoked I should be dead, prison was the blessing that saved me from dying. I learned a lot there and made some real true friends. Prison helped me learn how precious and valuable life really is, and that's the most important thing to me today. Without life then what do I have? My convictions are for drugs and firearms.
Aloha, Kaleilehua151

sparks126
11-17-2003, 10:33 AM
1988 I did 4 1/2 years in Marysville. ORW. I dont know how I can help but like everyone else I can listen. I have a hard time getting jobs because of the felony record. I have 2 grown boys, well almost any way. I ahve been home 10 years and only done 2 yrs. on probation.
sparks126

thirteenonehalf
11-24-2003, 05:55 PM
18 months at 15.As an adult work release,house arrest and state time 2 1/2 flat.All in OHIO.Released 92'.

thirteenonehalf
11-24-2003, 06:01 PM
Sparks - it sucks getting a job.U can get it expunged if it was a first offense and isn't certain crimes.Even if u want to do better employers of good jobs won't hire.i hate human resource departments !!

THE NIKE
11-25-2003, 12:43 PM
1976 14 MONHES REMAND .ONLY TO GET PROBATION WELL SICK .. 78 BORSTALL TRAINING 11 MONTHES . 79 3 MONTHES D C. 1980 TWO YEARS GBH DID 16 MONTHES .
1982 18 MONTHES ABH ,DID 17 AND HALF MONTHES . 1985 3 YEARS ASSULT ON A POLICE OFFICER. DID 2 YEARS . 1990 THEIF AND TDA 12 MONTHES ..GOT MARRIED GOT A JOB GOOD BOY TILL 2002 . GBH HIT A MAN WITH A HAMMER WHO RAPED MY DAUGHTER GOT PROPBATIN 180 CS £ 600 COMPO TO HIM .. WORST JAIL IVE BEEN IN IS WINSTON GREEN .VIRTORIAN JAIL ...

john kirby
11-25-2003, 12:51 PM
My Name is John Kirby and I did a 3 year bit in missiouri Department of Corrections on a dwi charge

72 COWL
11-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Done some time in Roanoke City Jail. Still on probation here in Patrick Co. Got 11years hanging over my head so I got to be good. Bunch of drug charges

katmat1995
12-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Let's see I am a native Alabamaian. Born and Bread. I have 4 felony convictions starting at the age of 25. I did probation and rehab real well. If the Judge gives you probation on a 15 year sentence. With a warning not to come back before him. You better listen.
But being the show me person that I am. I had to go see him one more time. And he kept his word. On January 11, 1999. I was sentenced to 15 years in Julia Tutwiler Prison for women. That is where I hit bottom. I served 2 year's 11 months between work Release and Prison. Came home completed 2 more years on parole. And here I sit very humble and grateful.

My reason for being here is that I do not have a social life since coming home. And I need to met new people and make lifelong friends. Real Friends. It is so nice to have someone to talk to. That understands me, thanks PTO.

If ever I can help someone. Please don't hesitate to ask.
Good luck to all and God's speed on your loved ones coming home.

:cuffs: Kathy:cuffs:

tweetie123
12-03-2003, 03:38 AM
I Just wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE HERE WHO DID TIME AND IS MAKING IT!! I am also A Ex Offender and Learned My Lesson as Well. I have been home now 6 years and Dont Plan On EVER Doing Anything Again To Loose My Freedom!!

alsplanet
12-15-2003, 06:53 AM
I served 2 (3) year bits in michigan. I'm on parole now and wondering how in the hell I could have been so stupid."Twice!"

CrimsonNight
12-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Only did 9 months. I was incarcerated for a total of a year though. Three months in jail. 9 months in state jail/prison. Having a difficult time finding housing because no apartments in Texas want to rent to an ex con for drug possesion. I'm not currently doing anything illegal and I don't plan to go back, but I'm looking at the real possibility of homelessness.

RAM
12-30-2003, 01:27 PM
.I SPENT 90 DAYS IN A WOMENS COUNTY JAIL.
IN 1993 1 FELONIE COUNTS OF DELIVERY OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, AND 1 POSESTION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE.
I WAS FACING UP TO THREE YEARS.
BECUASE OF THE AMOUNT OF COCANE THAT WAS FOUND.
BUT GOT 90 DAYS AFTER GOOD TIME AND 2 YEARS PROBATION, FINISHED PROBATION AFTER 1 YEAR.
THE WARENT WAS NOT FOR ME IT WAS FOR MY MAN. BUT I TOOK THE BLAME FOR THE DRUGS. I FEEL THAT IS THE ONLY RESON I GOT THE TIME I DID. BECAUSE THEY WERE AFTER HIM.
AND ACTUALLY BUILDING A CASE AGAINST HIM. A FEW MONTHS AFTER MY REALSE THE FEDS GOT HIM. HE WAS SENTENCE TO 11 YEARS UNDER THE MANDOTORY SENTENCEING.
HE WILL BE OUT IN A FEW SHORT MONTHS!
FIRST AND LAST TIME IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW

AngelFaceAlbion
12-31-2003, 09:31 PM
I was arrested on Oct.3 and was let out on $25,000 sig. bond by the judge on Oct.9 2003. I was locked up in Warren County,in Warren, Pa. i was arrested on 2 felony 3's. Which were later dropped completely. I just turned 18 in july..so i just passed the 'adult' line,which sucked pretty bad. Jail was a rude awakening for me..it showed me how much i was missing and all that good stuff.. I definelty do not want to see the other side of the glass again..

jojo71
12-31-2003, 09:40 PM
Lots of petty stuff and time in good ole Smith County here in Tx...finally...due to priors...got busted and bumped up to a felony...I chose to serve my time instead of taking five on paper cuz I wuz all strung out...well...let me tell you...that wuz THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!!...I got sentenced to six months state jail time and wuz put in the MTC program at Woodman State Jail in Gatesville,Tx...I got out Oct.2002 and have been "clean" since!!!...YEAH!!!:)...Unfortunately...I know that going to prison is not everyone's "rock bottom" but...it sure the hell wuz for this chick!!! I will NEVER go back...I am what all my friend's call "STRAIGHT EDGE" now...lmao...never thought JoJo would be called "straight"...hehe...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

mandalina
01-07-2004, 10:35 AM
My name is Mandy. I just got out of prison Dec 8th 2003. I was incarcerated at NCCIW in Raleigh. I was there for 2 years

speed_addiction
01-08-2004, 08:13 PM
People who knew a long time ago would never have imagined me in prison. I was a high school football star and a decent college player. Won tons of trophies as an amatuer boxer and later in taekwondo. Have never drank, have never, not even once, tried weed or drugs. Served with distinction in the Army as a Ranger (Hooah!), bronze star and two purple hearts.

Fast forward a few years. Was dealing major amounts of weed (up to a ton a month). Was involved in two shoot-outs in Mexico. Once with corrupt Federales and once with other dealers. Was marched out into the desert at gunpoint by two flunkies to be left there, things did not work out that way for them. What happened I don't talk bout but I have not set foot in Mexico since. A hitman came to my house and tried to shotgun me to death, chalk up another.

In the end I was set-up for a buy by a DEA informant. Was taken down by a Fed SWAT team in Del Rio, Texas and did 74 months. Three Rivers, in the FCI and the Camp. Lost everything. Wife, Daughters, friends, home, all of the neat sh!t that I had as a dealer like motorcycles, boats, cars.

Was released in May of 2001. On paper until 2006. Not easy and life seems kind of dull, but as long as I have my bike and I can get the front wheel into the air, I'll be okay!

tat2edcboy
01-14-2004, 01:16 PM
my name is shane i had a 3 yr sentence. i did all my time in kilby in mt meigs al. i did 15 months to eos. i got youthful offender and was able to join the marine corps. im now a veteran whose has served in oif and am going back soon for a 14 month tour. i can tell you prison was far better than iraq at least no one shot at you.

captainjack
01-19-2004, 10:14 AM
I have done time at both a federal camp (Petersburgin 1989) and Low Security (Butner, NC) most recently (26 months). I spent 13 months of that 26 in the FDC in Denver which was max (like a jail). I have flown on con-air about 8 times and spent a total of 3 months in Oklahoma FTC and 4 weeks in Atalanta USP holdover. So while I was a white collar criminal, I have experienced the best that the BOP has to offer! Right now I am on parole/supervised release and I hate it. My po is a jerk (the other po's don't even like him).

life4me2
01-21-2004, 04:37 PM
I did two years at the Iowa correctional institution for women in Mitchelville Iowa. My charges... 3 state, 1 fed. All were concurant, all stemed from the same incident. State, misdameanor gun charge for a black powder pistol with no firing pin that was in a car registered in my name{even though I was no where near the car and it was in a different county than I was in} I was innocent of that charge but I plead guilty. I discharged it in prison. State, conpiracy to commit a felony. I rented a motel to party and get high in, the motel was in my name. The drug was meth. I was guilty and I plead guilty. state, possesion w/intent of 5 grams or less of meth. I was guilty, plead guilty. Federal, In the motel room They found a 9mm hand gun. It was not mine, it was in a mans bag. The feds picked up the gun and charged me with being a drug user in possesion of a fire arm, the motel room was in my name. Wanting to spare the guily party who's gun it was I plead guily.I wouldn't cooperate and tell them who it belonged to. there were three other people in the motel room. I had not been in any trouble before that. The feds bought a contract with the womens state prison so I had an option to go there and be closer to my family so I took it and did my time there. My federal sentence was 24 months. I served it all, no halfway house because I had to wait to get a parloe on my state charges for drugs. I got arrested on all these charges may 31 2000. went to prison an these charges june 2001 and I've been out since june 2003. I have 2/12 years left on my federal supervised release and 2/12 years left on my state parole. I've been clean since my arrest date on may,31 2000. I have changed my life,and got saved. My step son was just sentenced to 5 years, Federal. My husband LWOP federal for conspiracy to manufacture meth on the 3 strikes law so one could say that even though I've done my time I still have a federal life sentence.

life4me2
01-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Whoops!! I meant to say I have 2 & 1/2 years left on my supervised release and parole.

JCs_lil_sis
02-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi, I am posting for my brother who has spent 11 yrs in Missouri's Correctional Facilities. (Church Farm, Algoa, Tipton, NECC, Tipton, and Farmington...to name a few) JC was released in Aug 2003 and paroled out to New Mexico to live with me. He is now 35 and trying to adjust to life in the "free world". I hope that he will find some support and comfort here....just knowing that he is not alone in the difficult adjustment of coming back into society.
Thank you,

JC and his lil sis

FriscoLady
02-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Hi, JC and lil sis,

Welcome aboard PTO!

The adjustment to the outside can be and is difficult at times. It takes patience, but it can be and is done everyday! There are lots of folks at PTO that have been through the mill and have come home successfully, I know JC you are going to be one of them, especially with your little sister and in your ball court!

Take a look around the forums and see the wonderful people here, they have been so wonderful to me and my family and to many, many others.

When you are ready - introduce yourselves in the Introduction forum at the top of the main page.

So, pull up a chair and sit with us for awhile, become part of the family, and we will all help each other get through each day.

Patti

Leather2laceu
02-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Hello, I was incarcerated at CCWF in chow chilla california,for 1 year in 1999, I was convicted for possession of a controlled substance /for sale.
It was my first time ever going to prison and my last.
I do however have to admit that it was a well learned lesson about what freedom means to me.
I kearned a lot about the prison system and the people in them both inmates and CO's. I have been crime free ever since and have no intentions on ever going back, except that is for visiting my dear friend who is still there on a 15 to life plus 6 yr sentance, she is currently on her 10th yr ...
I dont have a lot of faith in the system and most likely never will.
But I am here to help others who are in the many california prison system!
I am currently trying toapply for my rehabilitation cert but have found out i have to wait 7 years not five, since the law was amended . so I have 2 more years to wait they tell me, although I am researching the law and trying to find some recorse to accomplishing this goal of getting a full pardon.
It is very unlikly that that will ever happen due to the fact very few have been fully pardoned. I feel that Drug users should all be able to expunge thier records even if they did prison time, because it is not a violent crime.
I cant believe i have to get a pardon for a crime that is not violent. and to have to wait 7 years is too much!
How can it be that they (the government) will let me vote, but wont allow me to get certain licenses to open up a business or become active in a career they want to persue? I want my rights back, Why is it so hard to get that done ... never mind ...dont answer that ... i already know the answer!

Tanya

LadyLost
02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
From my one and only case, I did 5 months in county jail, then on to California Institute for Women (CIW) yep, I was in with the Manson family girls and all the other famous California krazies :) then another transfer to CRC for 20 months, then 2 years parole....all this before I was 22...I have been home for over 15 years and it's been hard, I come here from time to time looking for support.

Eric's Homegirl
02-14-2004, 04:08 PM
I Was Committed To California Youth Authority When I Was A Minor,age 12, Served 3 Years. I Was In Camarillo School For Girls,
However It Was Co-ed When I Was There. I Orginially Went In With
9 Months, Seemed Like I Got In More Trouble And Kept Getting Time
Added, Finally Release Shy Of My 16th Birthday. It Tripped Me Out
Some 20 Years Ago, When I Got Stopped By A Cop For Speeding And
He Mentioned That I Had A Cdc # On My Record Sheet. Yes Today At
45, I Still Have That Cdc # From Cya, I Am Not Proud That I Robbed
People's Houses, And Committed Assualt, But I Am Not Ashamed For
Being In The System, It's Just One Of Those Things. I Have Learned
Alot From Those Days, And It Has Stuck With Me Threw All My Adult
Hood, My Husband Is A Convict, And All Tho He Has Made Mistakes And Is Back In Custody For A Tech Violation I Am Not Ashamed Of Him Nor His Past. We All Have To Do What We Have To Do To Survive
In This Place Called Earth. Luckily I Have Not Returned To Prison
In All These Years, And I Hope That I Never Find Myself In A Situation Where That Could Happen. There Was Another Thread That
Said Would You Go To Jail, Haven't Read It, But If I Had To Change
Places With My Husband, I Would. Life Is To Short As It Is To Have
Regrets.

remiella
02-14-2004, 06:50 PM
I have never had a parking ticket but I got 24 months after a federal conviction.
My time was spend in Chicago's MCC, New York City's MCC, Danbury, Oklahoma FTC, and Pekin FPC IL. The charge was conspiracy to commit fraud.
I came out in 1999 and completed my probation in 2003. I am about to receive my Bachelor's degree and heading to grad school late 2004.
The only thing i enjoyed in prison is teaching creative writing and inspiring women to get their GED. The only thing I couldn't handle in prison was seeing so much injustice.
Peace

Eric's Homegirl
02-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Did 3 Years At California Youth Authority, Camarillo School For Girls Back
In The Mid 70's. My Sentence Was 9 Months, But Being A Stupid Idiot, Wound
Up Serving A Total Of 3 Years Instead. Was In For Residental Burguries, 25 In All, Assualt, Grand Theft, Grand Theft Auto. I Was 12 When I Went In, Shy Of My 16th Birthday When I Came Out. Haven't Broken The Law In Any Shape Or Form Since Then And I Am 45 Now. Have A 19 Yr. Old Son Who Thank
God Never Followed In My Foot Steps, But I Am Married To A Convict Who Is
Currently In Sq On A Parole Violation. Maybe This Time He Will Get The Hint
That Prison Isn't Living, It's Dying. He Is A 2nd Striker.

Farr808
02-25-2004, 03:39 PM
State of Missouri DOC Jan. 1996- Dec. 2000. Burglary 2 reduced to Receiving Stolen Property, with a Felony Bad Check thrown in for good measure by the PA. Served 11 months then was paroled to Honor Center. Completed that program, served exactly one year on parole, and was sent back on a PV, and completed my sentence.

ishshi2003
03-11-2004, 01:53 AM
I served a 9 month stretch at Dobbs Training school as a juvenile in Kinston, N.C. In 1996 I did a six month bid, 3 months at High Rise Youth Institution in Morganton, N.C. and 3 months at Morrison Youth Institution in Hoffman, N.C.

jwrustyfan2
03-14-2004, 03:42 PM
I am Joyce and I spent 8 months at Alderson FPC in WV til I suffered a brain aneurysm requiring immed. surgery which left me unable to walk thus i was transferred to Carswell FMC to serve my remaining 5 months:fb: :ha: :pissed: Alderson was my first experience of any kind with the prison/jail system and quite honestly was not a bad place, however Carswell was VERY different!!:smash:

B-Ray
03-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Welcome to PTO. I'm so sorry to learn of your surgery outcome!

I am Joyce and I spent 8 months at Alderson FPC in WV til I suffered a brain aneurysm requiring immed. surgery which left me unable to walk thus i was transferred to Carswell FMC to serve my remaining 5 months:fb: :ha: :pissed: Alderson was my first experience of any kind with the prison/jail system and quite honestly was not a bad place, however Carswell was VERY different!!:smash:

Jeanettie
04-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone, I've been out almost 3 months after a 3 years in a N. Calif womens prison. Life is good out here!! I left a couple of very special friends who don't have a parole date. Please cherish your freedom as there are so many who may not ever have the chance to. Jeanette

FriscoLady
04-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Welcome to PTO Jeanettie!

Your are so, so right life is good out here! Welcome home! We are praying my roomy makes it home this year, she has been down since 1986. Last year was my year, this year will be hers, I pray.

You gave good advice - Cherish your freedom!

Patti

Acorsgirl
04-01-2004, 07:23 PM
I did 3 months for 13 felony charges with 3 yrs. suspended. 1st time offender with no prior's.
In good ol' Chesterfield Co. Jail--Virginia.
Worst hole in the world.
And learned never trust someone who you thought was a friend or a public defender.
LOL what a wake up.:ham:

UCLA02
04-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Did the normal stupid kid stuff shopplifting, theft, assault so was in and out of juvi from the time I was 9, at 18 did 4 months in Mason county WA for Reckless Endangerment 1, then a few nights in other jails finishing off at 21 years old with 30 months prison time for robbery 24 of which were in WSP 'The Walls' max units 6,7, 8 and 1N/S. Got out '96 with what looks to be one maybe two strikes, haven't been following the laws as closely as I should. At any rate been clean for the whole time and even went on to get an education including a BA from you guessed it UCLA. The kicker is now I have to figure out what to do now. If any one has some ideas of a worthy nature let me know.

lily24
04-10-2004, 06:53 PM
hello everyone i did 3 years and 10 months in missouri. im 24 now.i went in 99 and got out in nov2002.im new to this site .so far its great. im glad people have support like this.

Jeanettie
04-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone, Got out in January 2004 from Valley State Prison for Women in California. Time is flying by, unlike the time spent on the "inside." Seems like theres just not enough time in the day to get all I want to get done. Spent 3 years on a 5 year term. 17 of those months spent in a SAP located inside the prison. Really can't say anything good about the SAP. There's just as much "game" in their idea of a drug program as there is on the streets. Thank god for the support of family and close friends. Also the support of PTO keeps me in touch with whats going on "inside" and reminds me daily that it's not the place I ever wan't to be again. Three trips to "state" was three to many. I keep in close contact with two friends who are "lifers" at two different California Prisons and forward information to them that I hope they find helpful. Just because I'm not "inside" today doesn't mean that it won't ever happen again. There are many locked up who are not guilty of any crime. It's one day at a time and keep the company of positive people. Take care and have a great day.

Babb
04-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Hi!
I'm David and did 3 flat in Texas - 2 at the Duncan unit in Diboll and 1 at the segovia unit in Edinburg. I know, I know.... I'd never heard of these places either!
Been there, Done that, told them they could keep the damn shirt!

Dancing_tom
05-05-2004, 02:56 AM
My name is Tom and I did 3.5 in Arizona (Douglas, Safford, and Ft.Grant). I am also one of the luck ones here. I took a plea from the state (conspiricy to distribute), which was the only change against me that they could not prove (because it was'nt true). The judge sentanced me to 3.5 to 5yrs. About 4 hours later, the Feds came and served me with the same 5 charges that the state dropped!

About a year into my state time, I was transferred to the federal prison in Tucson, AZ to stand trial (and without a leg to stand on, really!). All the charges that I faced were a matter of fact and record,... and the fed's have something like a 98% conviction rate. I was looking at a minimum of 15 years,.. mandatory.

Then a miracle happened - I got a good public defender (court appoointed private atty.). He'd worked at the justice dept. and had read a memo by Janet Reno stating that the practice of picking up charges after a plea had been reached required her personal approval. I guess he had a private talk with the proscesacution and convinced them to avoid the embarassment of explaning why he was violating his boss' own written policy.

They took their time sending me back to state custody,.. about 4 months. I stocked up on cheap federal smokes, free sodas in the chow hall, and even managed to wear my federal boots back to the state pen! Except for the stress, it was kind of like a mini vacation.

JJT
05-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Then a miracle happened - I got a good public defender (court appoointed private atty.). He'd worked at the justice dept. and had read a memo by Janet Reno stating that the practice of picking up charges after a plea had been reached required her personal approval. I guess he had a private talk with the proscesacution and convinced them to avoid the embarassment of explaning why he was violating his boss' own written policy.

This is information that can help my fellah. Thank you Dancing Tom!!!

wileycoyote
05-18-2004, 03:24 PM
I did four and half in Arizona State Prison (Walls 1975-1979) three more in Federal Correctional Inst Ashland, Kentucky (80-83) Two more for Arizona State Prison (Picacho, the walls and Douglas) 86-89) and eleven flat for the feds (1992-2003) FCI Phoenix, USP Lompoc, and FCI Sheridan. Twenty years total. Been out 5 and a half months. Still have a two and a half year tail. 56 years old, Vietnam veteran.

ladyfreedom
05-19-2004, 07:53 PM
i did 16 months on a 3year sentences on the hobby unit in texas, not nice im 47 now i got out may 8th 2002 and off parole feb 2004 been out 2 years and i hope i never have to got back in side i go to two different units here in texas every other week end my sons in add seg on the fergerson unit he's been locked up for 6 yr 5mo and my husband on the boyd unit he getting out in 5 months i meet tony 4 day before he got picked up on a vioation and fell deeply madley in love and married him jan 12,2003 by proxy everyone thinks ive lost my mind but i know ive found my true love
:) :thumbsup: LADYFREEDOM45:) :thumbsup:

EaglesFan
05-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Howdy...

My name is Greg. I served 2 sentences at Oxford FPC totalling almost 26 months. Both were for bank fraud, and stemmed from the same incident, not different crimes. I was prosecuted by one bank in 1995 and another in 2001. I owned a finance company and "embellished" credit applications to enable people to get loans they would not have normally gotten. I did 12 months in '96-'97 and 18 in '02-'03. I went to Oxford both times, as I live in southeastern Wisconsin.

I've been active in prison related issues since my release in April of '03, having been the moderator of the Federal Prison forum at PTO's new sister penpal site: www.LostVault.com (http://www.lostvault.com/), and answering various questions and concerns on a few other sites as well.

I'm looking forward to being a part of your community here...

Greg aka EF

dodgie
06-06-2004, 02:38 AM
OK, apart from getting in trouble when I was 13 for a string of burglaries, I was incarcerated for 2 years out of 6, I have now served over half of my parole-I spent my time in Goulburn Jail in New South Wales Australia, it is 150 yrs old and looks it, it was for drug offences, faced 25 yrs for my first offence, as above got 6yrs on top. Got to spend some time in a fancy pre-fab Wackenhut prison for a while, what a holiday, if anyone is interested Goulburn is called "the killing fields" by inmates, worst prison in oz, where I went for my first taste, due to where I live, very nasty indeed, it houses about 600 inmates in 4 wings-like the old Brittish jails you see, infested with cockroaches, lucky to have a working bar heater and a light at the same time, WWII blankets, filthy mattresses, no furniture, old school jail-bloody horrible-will never grace it with my presence again, take care--DODGIE--

dodgie
06-06-2004, 02:39 AM
OH, if anybody can tell me how to direct chat on here if it is possible I would greatly appreciate it, thanks

blackleather
06-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Thought I should finally say hi since I have been reading these for a while. I spent 18 months at Lowell CI in Florida and 4 years 3 months at TPW in Tennessee before getting out October 8, 2002. My wild days when I was younger cost me alot but now a little older and a whole lot wiser. Still on paper but thanks to a very special person having a great life. Peace.
Kim

oz ex-prisoner
07-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi all, :) I was arrested for armed robbery in October 1969. For the next decade I was confined inside maximum security prisons in New South Wales, Australia. I escaped twice. Once from the Sydney Court of Criminal Appeal and the second from the then State Penitentiary at Long Bay in Sydney. I was recaptured and charged with further bank robberies as an escapee. My final sentence was 18 years with 8 on the bottom. I served 11 years - classified as an intractable prisoner for escapes, attempt escapes and assault prison guards. I did just on 9 years confined in isolation and solitary (now they call it admin seg-same shit different name). In 1975 they built the first supermax prison in Australia called Katingal Special Security Unit. I was the third man in and the last man out when the government shut the place in 1978. I am the only Australian prisoner to have served the longest time isolated inside Katingal.

I was released from prison on parole in June 1980 and flirted with freedom until 1983 when I was falsely accused of murder and did another 2 year stint in max until I was acquitted at trial in April 1985.

I again flirted with freedom until 1991 but unfortunately I became vocal in the Sydney media concerning prisons, police corruption and the rewarding of criminal/prisoner informers. The Sydney Major Crime Squad and their Task Force Magnum (every corrupt last one of the mothers!) decided to take me off the street and falsely accused me of an armoured van robbery in another State. I was extradited to Queensland and thrown in another max prison staring down the barrel and five life sentences for robbery with violence and attmpt murder.

They arrested two blokes for a series of armoured van robberies including the one I was wrongfully imprisoned for and a supreme court judge ordered my immediate release with a "whoops, sorry about that!"

I had lost everything my home, business, and eventually my marriage. I sought compensation from the government amd got caught in a quaint catch 22 - The Queensland government said they put me in prison on the information supplied by the NSW Police Force (Task Force Magnum) acting in good faith and pushed the argument that NSW was liable for my wrongful imprisonment. The NSW government said they supplied information acting on the word of a criminal informer but they did not put me in jail therefore Queensland was liable. I fought that catch-22 legal battle until August 1996 -when I realised I had no show of beating either government I went back to my old stock in trade and held up a bank in Brisbane in September that year.

We were captured shortly after the bank robbery but the sentencing judge set a precedent in my case by ruling that the years of wrongful imprisonment I had experienced should be compensated and he compensated me in the form of 10 years and 3 on the bottom. My mate got 6 with a 2 on the bottom. I got out in 4 on parole and they shipped me back to NSW. Since my release in October 2000 I have been on parole in rural NSW studying and doing a bit of writing.

I have done 18 years in round figures 3 of those years I wasn't good for the crime they put me in there for. But you don't get any sympathy from the Australian legal system if you are innocent. If you want sympathy it is in the dictionary. It's between shit and syphillis. How did I survive? By maintaining the rage. :angry: cheers all.

ps The majority of detectives who operated as Task Force Magnum finally came unstuck during the 1996 Wood Royal Commiission into the NSW Police Force for assortment of crime including drug dealing, perjury, aiding and abetting armed robberies and a host of other corruption. They were dismissed from the police force. What goes around comes around! :thumbsup:

amstaffdad
08-28-2004, 06:09 PM
I served 15 years of a 27 1/2 to Life sentence for Murder in the second degree, which was later reversed after spending 8 years learning the law myself due to ineffective assistance of both trial and apellate counsel. My incarceration started in Philadelphia, and went through Rikers Island, Elmira Correctional Facility, Coxsackie Correctional Facility, Elmira again, Clinton Correctional for 8 years, and finally was released from Rikers Island in 1995 after conviction was reversed in a twenty four page scathing opinion which attacked the trial judge, prosecuter and two attorney's (both assigned).
I have a vast knowledge of New York State correctional system, and also knowledgeable in civil and criminal law on a state level, and federal appellate level for state convictions, or for torts. I am available to assist anyone I can, so feel free to chat in chat room, or pm me.

heartbroken mom
09-07-2004, 04:43 PM
hi my boy is sentenced to 9 years 5 mandatory for havina a weapon under disability. he also was caught with a reasonable amout of cocaine half kilo, he has never been in jail, he was at someone elses house when probation officers came, and they searched his bag after he kept yelling for a search warrant, his lawyer tried to get the evidence surpressed but as the judge heard the case he could not make a ruling, after waiting about 2mo first the judge was going to surpress it, but then he did not according to my sons papers, makes no sense, so now I am crushed cause he is my only child, can you give me any hope, do you think he will get out early or what thank you so much fir listrening to me

wt3401
09-08-2004, 08:50 AM
I spent the last 9 years of my life in 2 different Arizona prisons. I was released in August.

FrozenInMinn
09-21-2004, 06:36 PM
I spent two years in a minnesota prison, caught a violation and spent an additional 3 1/2 I was released last year. I am off paper shortly... One more probation visit...

txcwby95
09-29-2004, 07:58 PM
:D I've been in and outta jails in Texas for almost 20 years now. I was arrested for possession of marijuana @ 18 in Jersey Village, Tx. From there I spent time for theft, evading arrest and several other felonies in Harris County. In 1989 I picked up a deuce (2 year felony) on a PIA (Parole in Absentia) outta Harris County, I served 3 months and 18 days before being paroled without any gate money. 2 months later I robbed 2 convenience stores in a stolen car and picked up a 28 non-agg (2nd degree - 3g.) I served 6 years, 1 on Coffield, and 5 on Gib Lewis. I served another 6 on parole before I was revoked for going to Indiana without permission, but over that 6 I had been arrested a few times. I wasn't an angel. I have just got out after serving 2 years and 9 months on that technical violation. I was on Byrd (Diagnostics), and Torres. Since they revoked me I filed for all of my incarcerated time to apply to my sentence and so actually I have served 10 flat on my 28. I'm praying I can hang out with winners for the next 18. I don't know it all, but I like to help. Ask me if you need anything.:D

JJ-J21956
10-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi, my name is "JJ". I was arrested in 2001 at 17 for 2nd degree Arson. Spent time in Juvenile, then moved on to 3 different county jails (all while awaiting sentencing for the Arson). While in county I got charged with 3rd degree Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer. After being senteced I ended up with a term of 21 months prison time (credit for county) and 2 years of probation. I did 19 off of 21 (8 in county, 11 in prison) and am currently on probation with 10 months left. I spent my prison time in Lowell C.I. Womens Unit. And I never intend to go back!
JJ

B-Ray
10-08-2004, 10:45 AM
JJ, you've made it this far with a short time to go on paper. Ya gotta take credit when credit is do and all this will fad in time.

Keep on keeping on and you'll do just fine.

RonnC
12-07-2004, 07:39 AM
I did 8 years in oklahoma, mostly in medium sec; Was in the Walls once for about 4 months. I paroled to Texas and haven't stepped foot in Okla. but twice; once for a Turner Falls campout and the second was a really brief visit to Tulsa to pick up family--which all by itself nearly turned out to be an ordeal with the police but was averted thru fast thinking and faster driving. Like most ex-felons I realize that future incarcerations don't require any actual violations, merely opportunistic law enforcement.

SCM32
12-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Does jail time count to post in this thread ? I did 13 days at the Polk County jail in Florida. For poss. of cannibis. And no it really wasn't mine. All that's over with now. BTW Polk County jail is, (what i've heard, the worst jail in the U.S.)It's the only one i've been in, and it was the worst if you ask me.

lived2tell
12-25-2004, 08:22 PM
8 yrs in South Carolina. wrong man. I am not claiming to be an angel either. was a dope head and alcoholic most of my young life. sober for 16 yrs now. self trained and professed legal wizard and advocate for prisoner convicts and moral support their families. Board member of SPAN (S.C. Prisoner Advocacy Network), work pro bono with Innocence Project, and communicate with prisoner/convicts through us mail. Now I am here to offer my assistance to anyone who needs it. I feel I have found a new home with PT.

FrozenInMinn
01-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Okay, So i know i've been hoofin it around here on PTO for quite some time and realized ive never posted on here so i thought what the heck...

I visited our lovely state penal system in Minnesota. Hit every prison within Minnesota's DOC except for Rush City and the womens prison in shakopee of course. I guess i grew up in prison with the best of my years being spent there. 19-26 Incarcerated for almost seven years. Ive been out since 2003 and am off paper now.

the hippie
02-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey all ... Did 3 years behind the fence and finished up with 7 more at Talladega FCI and the Camp respectfully. I was the resident bookie!
They said I laundered a few Billion...but who knows for sure. I'm very active in the legalization of Pot. They are really taking advantage of this fine herb. Too many non-violent folks are getting their lives ruined for this.
Will help anyone who needs info on Fed. Prisons.

joeyd13903
02-11-2005, 12:35 AM
I did two separate six month bids in Federal Prison Camp, Schuylkill. One for the original offense and one for a probation violation. Yeah, I had the audacity to get a credit card in my own name. Shame!

Anyway, I've also been locked up in Cayuga County Jail in upstate NY for a few weeks. Worst place in the world, and the guards were just jerks.

As a former L.E.O. and C.O. I know how to treat people and what should be expected from both sides of the fence, and I must say that in all my travels I have never run into more inept, insecure and low life guards as those in Cayuga County Jail.

Anyway....

mb3796
02-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi, I am fairly new to PTO, just stumbled across the site while doing some research on the web. I did 7-1/2 years in the Indiana Department of Correction, then 2 years on parole and I have been done with it for almost 2 years now.

FriscoLady
02-28-2005, 03:10 AM
I want to welcome all of the new members of the Straight Talk Forum!

It is good to have members who can help those who are just starting this journey tha we have already taken.

Please sit down awhile and grab a cup of coffee and join us!

Patti

freedave05
03-20-2005, 02:19 PM
hi every one i am out of prison now for almost 4 months. i was sentenced to prison 5 times starting in 1986 i did time in florida, virginia, and the feds all over the us. i have no paper whatsoever. i have been blessed beyond belief through this tragic time in my life. i am an alcoholic/addict who is in recovery i hav'nt touched anything for over 5 years. it's time i started to give back what has been so freely given to me i am convinced if i can make it back from this trip through hell. anyone else can if they know for themselves they don't want to ever live like they used to. there is help out here for anyone who desires it. the person you love or if it is you who has theese kinds of problems. you do'nt ever have to come out and be alone. trust me i know what i'm talking about if you have any questions please ask me i will do anything i can to help. it is a mandate for my life. bless all of you!!

FriscoLady
03-20-2005, 03:12 PM
freedave05,

First of all, Welcome Home! The best time there is! Second of all, Welcome to the PTO Family!

I know that you can help in many ways and maybe ease some of the concern and fear that those on the outside have for their loved ones still incarcerated.

So, please, pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and join our family! It is good to have you with us.

Patti

vitka555
03-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi I just got out about six weeks ago after doing seven years in the Kentucky Correctional Institution for Women. The State of Kentucky has only one womens prison,But several Halyway houses.This is a way to cattle people. So they cram people in thease places and and call it a good thing.I am just really happy I made it out and I am looking forward to a new life. I have a small program I started while I was inside it's called Get Out And Stay Out. I have alot of info on the KY State Parole Board and other worth wild things to know.

jwrustyfan2
03-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Congratulations on your release and best of luck to you on your new beginning:thumbsup:

FriscoLady
03-20-2005, 03:33 PM
vitka555,

Welcome to our family as well!

As you we both know coming home can be just as scary as going in, if not more so. You have made it this far and you will make it out here.

With your help and the program you created while in - others will make it too!

Welcome to the PTO Family! Glad you have joined us!

Patti

xconz
03-23-2005, 10:02 AM
:idea: I served time from 1986 to 2004 in the Iowa doc.I finally quit being childish and grew up enough to take a realistic shot at staying out but like everything else in life it is a real struggle to adapt to the ways of a world that at times seems has passed me by.:eek:

FriscoLady
03-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Welcome Aboard xconz!

Glad to have you join the PTO family!

I did not do close to 16 years, but believe me I know the feeling that "time passed me by"!

Your home now and yes it is a struggle, but well, well worth it!

Patti

computerbug1
03-27-2005, 09:11 AM
I was a guest of the detention center in Davidson county for 8 mos. First and only time being incarsarated. I was incarsarated for conspircy to committ armes robbery. My son and his friends stole my gun and robbed a store and then went and broke into his fathers home and stole a 9mm and other things.....So they got me for a B&E and I was not even there. The DA said because I did not turn my child in I was guilty to..Maybe I was wrong but that was my child.

FriscoLady
03-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi, computerbug1!

Welcome to PTO!

Glad to have you join the PTO Family!

Please, pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and join the conversation!

Patti

computerbug1
03-27-2005, 09:58 AM
As a teenager, I seen 'jail' several times, but never got in any major trouble.

In 1996 I was charged and convicted of B&E, 2nd degree burglary, conspriacy to commit armed robbery, and accessory after the fact of murder.
I pulled all my time in the state of NC, including the Iredell County Jail, NCCIW in Raleigh, and FCCW in Rocky Mount.

I've been out of prison since 11/98... but am still on paper.
I did 8 mos. in the Davidson County jail for conspriacy and B&E and then 3 yrs. probation and had to make restution.....My son and his friends was the ones to do the crime but because I did not turn my child in I paid the price to....That was my child.....I am completely free of everything now and have learned I don't want to lose my freedom ever again......Good Luck :)

tekela
04-22-2005, 01:21 AM
In 1991, I spent a few months at The Ohio Reformatory for Women (ORW Marysville, Ohio) five months at Franklin pre-release. While awaiting extradition and trial. I spent time at Las Colinas in San Diego, Ca and an Ohio county jail for sixty days.

I did three years on paper, I waited three years later to have my record expunged.

Prior to incarceration I worked at SCI Lancaster and Comp Drug Half Way House. (male facilities).

I just had my 13 year anniversary of being released on April 10th, 2005.

Tracie
04-24-2005, 07:59 PM

Tracie
04-24-2005, 08:08 PM
I had already signed in here back in 2002 bragging about being off parole for 2 years. Well that was short lived. I just paroled off a brand new CDC number, I got out December 23, 2004. I did a 2 of a 4 year sentance for robbery. I guess I wasnt as done as I thought I was. I managed to pick up my second strike on this last case. Next trip in is for 25 to life. So now I'm doing something different. I'm in a recovery program. I go to N.A meetings on a regular basis. I'm still married to the same guy I had before, Robbie. I'm trying to take my life back. I'm 33 years old and have spent the last 16 years of my life in and out of prison. You do the math, that's alot of years I spent wasting away. It's kinda sad that it took a second strike to pull my head out of my ass and figure out that there is another way of living. Oh well, the only thing that matters is that I finally figured it out and now I'm doing the right thing.

MadeInOz
05-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Howdy Good people, My name's Dave, and I recently spent 4 months in Wolston Correctional Centre (although how much correcting it did to anyone is a matter for debate). I got a 2 year sentence, suspended after 4 months, but I have to be a good boy for the next 4 years. Urk. Oh well, at least I didn't have to worry about applying for parole, and that kind of business.

Cry
06-01-2005, 08:19 PM
I have just learned of the PTO. My name is Cry. I am a 2tx loser who did 4yrs. flat the first time and fought 6-L's under the 3X law the second tx. Gratefully I did 7yrs. flat the 2nd tx. I have been home for 3 yrs. now and I am off parole. I can not say it has been a bed of roses. But hey at least I am not waitin' fer count to clear.

ksoccio1
06-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Hello, and welcome to one and all, I've been hanging around PTO since August '05 and never knew this was here, I did 1yr. of 1yr.1day to 3yrs,3days. I just got off of paper April 21, '05, the same day my son came home from NYDOCs, he now has paper until 2012. Hopefully we will both stay on the outside. I think I got pretty lucky only having to do a year. I'm too old for this _#*_!!!! This is a great place for support and information. Wishing you all, the best of blessings to you and yours.

orientxpress52
06-03-2005, 09:44 AM
I have been out of prison 7mos after doing 16yrs flat in Ohio. Don't misunderstand me, I'm loving the free air, but everything has changed so much. This internet is amazing!,the cost to live has skyrocked, and when people find out that I have done time they look at me like I've got a third eye or worse. I got out with nothing and had nothing anymore to come out to, met a great lady who is very loving and understanding but am still having a hard time adjusting to everyday situations. I am not on any paper and that in itself is a relief. At times, I'm just having a hard time coping. Any little hint or help on getting reacclamated would be appreciated. Thanks

FriscoLady
06-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I must apologize for being late here.

But, I want to welcome all to PTO! This forum here has been my savior in many cases. Things that I have had trouble dealing with since my release in 2003, when I found others who have had the same or similar situations and how they dealt with has been a great help in my return to the outside.

Please everyone make yourselves at home and join the conversation.

Always remember you are not alone, we have all made it home, and we are here to help each other.

Patti

duckwaves
06-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I have done 20 years in Texas.I have been out for two years now.My charges have always been Burglary,due to a very expensive drug addiction.I decided that life out here is a lot better and I always look forward to helping people out who may need a tip on how to stay out.

FriscoLady
06-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the PTO Family duckwaves!

Congratulations on being home two years! Each day home is another victory for you!

Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and join the Family and conversation - we are happy you have found us!

Patti

jm121
06-21-2005, 12:16 PM
I just served a 12 month sentence at FPC Bryan, TX. I was released March 1, 2005 and did a month in a halfway house. I'm currently on probation and attending school. My purpose for joining is to answer any questions anyone may have concerning what to expect from the system. I went in as a bewildered 20 year old with no idea what to expect. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Feel free to be in touch.

pwoodwhite
07-19-2005, 10:39 AM
RELEASED FROM TDC (TEXAS) FOR THE FIFTH TIME. 1978-2005 SEEN IT ALL. ANY QUESTIONS?

jdubMI
07-19-2005, 11:50 AM
I did around 6 years with the Michigan DOC, on three prefixes. I straightened out though and discharged seventeen months ago after a year on parole. I've been on tether, in the corrections center, and have made a few trips up over the bridge on the 'snow bird'. I live in Jackson (which was once home to the world's largest walled prison before the Fed decree made the State break it into smaller facilities). If anybody is from MI holla ar ur boy. Peace, take care all... -John

warp1
07-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Hello
I spent my 2 year "vacation" in several fine establishments. FCI Taft both camp & low side then San Burnadino then Terminal Island then finally the county jail where I fought my last case and was finally released.

PTO-29412
07-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey all,
I am not new to PTO however I am new to this forum.
I am from Mississippi where I served 18 months in the MDOC. I am still on Parole with less than 6 months to go. PTO has helped me so much, I hope I can help others like you all have helped me!

melissaamy
08-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi,

I am here..I have done my time and there is a link in my sig that tells some of my story..

I was convicted in Ohio and was not from there, but had to do my parole there as well...

hello!

tinab1221
08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
I did 6 months Federal Detention Center Houston.

groland
08-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Did 1827 days TDCJ 1992-1997
Hughes Unit
Hobby Unit (Pre-Female)
Goree
Dibol
:angry:

BigJoe42420
08-17-2005, 11:15 PM
I was just released from custody in Ky in March 2005. I served 21 1/2 months on a 7 for trafficking weed more than 8 oz less than 5 lbs, possession of meth, and possession of weapon during drug offense. I was using meth IV to the tune of about $500.00 a day and selling weed, meth, pills, coke, whatever I could to support my habit. I am clean now for almost 27 months...Thank God!!

KelliJo52501
08-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Hi my name is Kelli,

And I have been out of prison for almost 3 years. I did 14 months in a women's correctional facility in Mitchellville Iowa. When I first went through the process I was like everyone else, thinking it was like it was on tv. Boy was I wrong. I went to prison for manufacturing meth. And I have to say it turned my life around. Currently i am going to college to be a drug counselor hey even at 32 (b-day is 8/29) I'm learning that you can change your life at anytime!

cassina1212
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi all,
I've been out for 5 years now. Served 29 months on a 42 month sentence for something that i didnt even do but im sure you know how the story goes. i would go into more detail but im not sure that many would understand. but if you do want to know please feel free to im or pm me. im an open book. the time at WCCW wasnt a pretty thing but i did SURVIVE!!!!!!!
Cass

cassina1212
08-31-2005, 03:37 PM
ohhh i forgot to add that WCCW is Washington Correction Center for Women. at Purdy.

ffiimo
09-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I was a resident of the California Department of Corrections Prison system for 12yrs 10 months. ON MY FIRST TIME EVER BEING ARRESTED! Yes ladies and gentlemen you read that correctly first offense for PC 211(b) and I got 26yrs, (maybe it was due to the 9 counts i was found guilty of) this was back in 1990. (And the twist to my case is that the previous Mayor of our glorious city of San Diego happened to be my trial and sentencing judge good ole Dick Murphy)Anyhow I got out in 2003 and have not been back. Started as a Level 4 and progressively worked my way down to a level 1 in 9 yrs. spent my last 6 yrs 1997-2003 at RJ Donovan and the last 4 of those at the Fire house as an Inmate Firefighter. Took that training and got picked up with San Diego County Fire as a Reserve Firefighter (fought the 2003 firestorm for 12 days) and Currently work at NASSCO as a Supervisor. Hoping when my PO puts in my request for discharge this month (it will be 2yrs on parole) the board grants it.

Glenns Angel
09-13-2005, 11:47 PM
who are you, how do you know Glenn? Why are you looking for him? I have to know this before I give any information about Kenneth Glenn Milner. I can ask him if he wants to talk to you but I need to know who you are and why you are looking for him first.You can email at *removed per PTO policy*

Crstnamre
09-22-2005, 12:47 AM
I was arrested in 1990 for manufacturing and did a year. Got out, violated and did another year. Did all 3 yrs of formal probation to the last day possible. Nothing since:D .

BigTime
09-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Started out with a breif pretrial stay in CCDC in Elkton MD back in 91. Was charged with attempted murder on a police officer and drug offenses. Got a slap on the wrist, misdemenor assault. 2 years probation with probation before judgment entered after probation. Then had 1 conviction for misdemenor terrorsitic threatening(Domestic with GF). Got 90 days probation in 93. Then in 95 had drug charges against me for possession with intent and manufacturing. 3 days in Gander Hill before making bond. Judge gave 3 years probation. VOP 2 times. Went to serve 3 years Med to Low Security at SCI in Georgetown DE. Did a total of 5 years for lossing good time and a S*** load of write ups. I didn't take crap from any new fish or co there. Well been off paper for a few years and I've really calm down. In my thirites just taking one day at a time. Can say never did Fed time. But, I wouldn't want to do anymore time again personally.

Xcon4life
10-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Well this is my first post here on the forum. A little about myself. My name is Jim and I'm an excon . I did over 12 years in the Federal System. Off paper for over 2 years now. I'm taking one day at a time. My friend sent me an email about this website and I'm really impressed. David hat's off too you bro. You've done wonders for this webite. I'm looking to offer any advice to anyone that may be doing Federal time soon. Also, if any has questions please let me know, I will be happy to answer them.

drummerjohn
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
I was in Both Federal and Provincial institutions both in Saskatchewan and Alberta. I think I was just being an insecure jerk acting out against the abuse my siblings and I suffered at an orphanage when we were younger. The abuse was perpetrated by both Priests and Nuns and it severly affected my life and still haunts me like crazy. Anyways, I woke up and looked at my wife and child and said to myself-why am I doing this to them? I never offended again and started a little business fixing electronics and mechanical systems. After a year or so I thought I would pursue a dream I have always had to be a writer (I read a book or two a day while inside at time) At any rate, I was getting published all over the continent, from Chicken Soup to local newspapers. That gave me the courage to approach a Major Radio Station and ask for work. They turned me down the first time, however, they called after 4 months and said they would give me a try. I have now been here working as a Creative Writer for 3 years and was recently promoted to MP3 Traffic Director--life is still hard financially, but freedom is the best currancy I could ever imagine-its paying the way to a great life for my daughter and wife and that makes me happy. To any inside-there's hope, and being a strait joe aint all that bad.

unsane4468
10-22-2005, 06:36 AM
Spent 63 months on a 2-10 behind wall in Jackson.

garysfriend
10-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Been in 3 times, all in Florida, most recent one in 2004. Have I learned? Yes I have!

pastorviands
10-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Did time for possession of stolen property 2x in Michigan first time 40 -60 months 2nd time did time for 30- 60 months and a Parole violation. Been out for 8 yrs now and still being haunted by issues with not being able to work in a respectable place with a respectable job. It is true that we never stop paying for our crime, but I do know that I will never give up the fight. I now have 2 kids and a wonderful woman who deserve all I can give.

brainiac
10-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I was incarcerated in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice system for 11 months before I made my first parole. I spent a great deal of my time in Collin County Detention Center, while waiting for my court date as I was a felony probation revocation hold.

I was granted back time, and TDCJ actually got it right! Amazingly enough! I spent time at the Gurney Unit, Bradshaw State Jail, Coffield <only one night, thank GOD!>, and Holliday Units. I was a short timer that kept to myself and didnt get any tats or make any unholy alliances.

I was convicted of Possession of Prescription via Fraud/Subterfuge...Yes, they can and do send people to prison for that!

Glad to be here!

IthinkNOT!
10-30-2005, 03:29 PM
I spent 9 months at NCCIW in NC back in 98-99. I served an 8-10 month felony sentence plus a 30 day misdemeanor sentence. Also did 6 years probation, and as of this past march am finally free!!!!!!! I had charges for felony forgery and uttering and obtaining property by false pretences. The best advice I can give it to stay to yourself. There are plenty of inmates who just want to do there time and go home, just like you. But there are also plenty who just don't care, and if you get in with them it can only be trouble. Also take advantage of every oppoutunity available to you, whether it be taking a class to further your education or working on a job you wouldn't dream of working on the outside. Keep busy and time goes by faster.

BigJoe42420
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I was convicted in Ky in June 2003 and made parole in March 2005. I got a 7 year sentence for trafficking weed more than 8 oz. less than 5 lbs, possession of controlled substance [meth] and possession of a weapon during drug offense. I have been clean for more than 29 months now and my family has been great, we are closer than ever before!! Prison changed my life for the better all the way around, I had to hit bottom before I could dig my way back to a real life!

Nail Pounder
11-20-2005, 03:52 PM
My name is Ron and I'm an ex-prisoner living in Texas. I did 10 years in the Texas prison system (TDCJ-ID) for voluntary manslaughter and have been out now for about 3-1/2 years. I don't hide my past and I'm not afraid to talk about it. While in prison I was what is known as a "writ writer", and as a result, I was shuffled around to various prisons throughout Texas. Between 1992-2002 I was on the Roach Unit, Estelle Unit, Goree Unit, Ferguson Unit, Allred Unit, Byrd Unit, Pack Unit, Walls Unit, and finally a private pre-release in Overton, Texas. I'm glad to meet you all and if I can be of any assistance please don't hestitate to ask. If I don't know the answer, I often have a pretty good idea of where to find it.

michael8cars
11-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Hello my name is Michael, I was a member here before I was incarcerated on 10-15-2004, I just finished a 15 Month Sentence, and was at the Miami Federal Prison Camp, as well as the new Low Facility FCI in Miami, Its great to be out, and I just want you all to know hopw helpful the sight was prior to me going in to do my time, thanks to you all. If you have any questions I can help you with please feel free to chat with me or post to me at Michael8cars. it was a long road, but I am free.

Michael

:) :thumbsup:

FriscoLady
11-21-2005, 03:46 PM
I want to Welcome eveyone to the Straight Talk Forum that have signed in recently!

Good to have you all join us! Michael Welcome Home and back to your PTO Family it is good to see you again!

Patti

mmg29
11-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey this is Misty. I have been in dayton and then was transfered to the hobby unit where I did about 11 months. If anybody has any questions please feel free to let me know.

FriscoLady
11-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi Misty!

Thank you for signing in, and Welcome to the Straight Talk Forum!

Patti

PTO-29412
11-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Misty,
Welcome to Straight Talk!

adill420
11-27-2005, 05:45 AM
hello,

Adil from FCI Lompoc

released in july 2004

was in immigration from july till september 2004

now on supervised release :)

AdamDiScala
12-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey everyone. I go by Adam on here...a nickname, you'll understand I think. I've been on PTO for a while but never got around to this.

I got a DUI right out of college in Long Island, NY. I was surprised by my sentence, no jailtime was expected. But Suffolk County has been cracking down on DUI (understandably...I don't hold that against anyone but myself, I deserved to go to jail) so I got 60 days in County. I was released after 45 days for good behavior.

I know it's not much, considering the hard time some of the guys and ladies on here have served, but I try to offer a different approach, that of the shorttimer. I like talking to anyone who might be going to jail for a short time; I have a lot of good advice to offer to make your jail experience a positive thing...BION, it's possible.

Anyone with any questions about jail or specifically the NY system, or even just to chat, please feel free to PM me.

PTO-29412
12-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Adam, welcome to PTO and the Straight Talk Forum

cassina1212
12-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Hi Adam,
Welcome to the Streight Talk Forum....

Cass

Shadow1343
12-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Names Tim, Shadow been a nickname for awhile. Did a year in IN DOC, released jan 8 04, have some helpful advice for anyone who asks, just send a PM

witchlinblue
12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Well I thought I had posted here ages ago so I guess I didnt. And since Bailey kind of reminded me of this forum last night I thought I had better put in a quick into.
I served time years ago in Canada and spent 6 months of that time in the hole for an attempted escape. I was in Vanier which we referred to as Brampton back then. I believe it is now recently closed. It had a terrible history back then and many changes happened in the Canadian prison system as a result of what went on there during my stay though I was one of many prisoners who suffered that experience. My total time was 1 1/2 years but only 1 year of it was served sentence and 6 months was for the attempted escape that was added on. I was 16 when I went in there, at the time you were considered an adult in Canada at 16, that has since changed.
I also served time for a sorter stint in a middle county of England and my sentence was later revoked on appeal. Ive since received a full pardon in Canada.
Not a whole lot more to add regarding all that except Im till severely clostiphobic (sp) and have a fear of anything around my neck, I wont even wear a turtle neck sweater or put a scarf snug around my neck ever.
Things have changed drastically since then for women prisoners in Canada. Strip searching and naked hog ties for days were the norm back then and I only remember one female guard (who was the worst actually). Guards out of control and very unsafe conditions were also the norm back then. I know prison is not perfect now and probably never will be but Im glad that its not like it had been and there are much stricter regulations in place. Especially for women.
Glad you are all free people and part of PTO !!!!

PTO-29412
12-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey Witchlin thanks for the re-introduction!

born2bfree
12-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Started my Prison experience at 11 in a place called The NYS Training School For Boys, at Industry NY in 1956. Well, they trained me well, and for the past 46 years I have been in most of the Prisons in New York State, as well as some Federal time in Florida, and Conn. Never got better for me, just worse.
Today, and after doing the longest bid of my "criminal career:) (19 years streight from 1986-2004), I finally put it all together. I'm one of those guys that just got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Made up my mind I was going to stop being a product of the "Corrections Department - (job security), and put a lot of effort into SELF-HELP, giving myself the best education that I could. By the way, I did most of my TIME in the Auburn Corr Facility in NY. Anyway, would be honored to give away my experience to those who may need it so they don't make the same mistakes I did. I'm 61 years old today, and have tossed away 46 years of my life, but on the other side of the coin, maybe there was a reason because I would not be the person I am today without that experience.

PTO-29412
12-13-2005, 03:04 AM
born2bfree, welcome to PTO, very glad to have you here!

Danee Boy
12-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi all,

I've been to this forum before, I just found it again this morning. As my name goes. I'm an ex-inmate. Been home 5 months; did a little over a year in NY, have about 1 1/2 left on parole. I been through so many jails I probably don't remember all of them. :idea:

The hardest thing about being home is I've been unable to find a job, and don't have my old lifestyle.

My .02,

Dan

Purple Ice
01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I served time 1-93 to 10-94, 22 months. Almost 2 years. I usually just call it 2 years. Contra Costa County. California. Chow Chilla and Stockton was where I did my time. First time ever in trouble with the law. This was for something I did not do, but I did not tell. So, I did the time for all the stupid stuff I never got caught doing. 3 years of Parole and a certificate of rehabilitation now. Violent offender. Bad girl gone GOOD...

hvymetalcowboy
01-17-2006, 02:37 PM
I have the tee shirt too unfortunatly.I went in on an armed robbery charge at 17 in 1974.I got a year for excape from outside the walls in the Rock(Union Correctional ) Fla. State prison.I spent my last two years in solitary.I paroled in Nov. 1982.

reddawgsluv
01-18-2006, 01:31 PM
My name is Jeff(reddawg) Igot out 2 weeks ago from allen correctional in ohio.

witchlinblue
01-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Welcome Home Reddawg !!!!!

sparky951
01-19-2006, 09:18 PM
hi, i'm sparky, i've beendoing time for the state of cali on the installment plan since 1974. i've had 3 numbers an have had this one for the past 15 yrs. i was hoping to give it back this last year but i guess they feel i still need to be on it. no, big deal, i've been out for 3 yrs an have done a complete turn around so i don't feel any threat from them if i stay on. i know they have to max me out this year so i'm cool with it. i'm just about finished with my schooling in alcohol an drug counselor as thats where my life is headed to help others where i can. i was a herion addict for close to 30 yrs. i know where it takes you. as they say the joint isn't fun anymore.

pattirae
01-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I did three yrs. for the feds half in Tallahasse, Fl. and the other half in Bryan, Tx. My charge was Felon with a Firearm. Got out and went to a half-way house for a few months. Got a real good job my first since 1980 and have been keeping my nose clean ever since. Got released at the end of 2002. No more drugs and no more hustling.

Danee Boy
01-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I did three yrs. for the feds half in Tallahasse, Fl. and the other half in Bryan, Tx. My charge was Felon with a Firearm. Got out and went to a half-way house for a few months. Got a real good job my first since 1980 and have been keeping my nose clean ever since. Got released at the end of 2002. No more drugs and no more hustling.

Good for you! I introduced myself above. It's nice to hear success stories. I've been unable to find employment since I got home.

outlaw
01-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Name is Steve, done time in Al. and Fl. systems, Al. being the worst. Draper, Red Eagle, Kilby in Al., and, ACI, Cross City,and Gulf C.I. West Unit in the great state of Fl., Gulf being HELL on this earth! Got out lasst time on 7/9/2000, and trying to stay straight, too old for it anymore, made it to half a hundred, got to settle in. It has been a Long Strange Trip!!!!

hesavedme
01-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Im Nikki and I did some time in the halls as a juvinile and in camp also as a juvinile.Im looking at some time in a possesion for sales case so here I am with the rest of y'all.

superworker4u
01-24-2006, 05:52 PM
To Everyone:
Congratulations on being on the outside. It is interesting to hear that after all of the years inside, some of you are tired of the prison life. I would be interested to know how you are going to stay out of this life after such a long time inside. What is the hardest adjustment that you had to make when outside. Miy friend has been in and out of prison most of his life and it seems that he is bitter and angry. Is this usual? Do you think that he can make it after all of these years? He is 58 with health problems.

You guys are an inspiration.

Superworker

ROXYSMAN
02-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Oh yes, life on the installment plan, been there. Three numbers myself, total of sixteen years state time, Cal. Been home since 2001. Got clean and sober during the last term, although to be honest, not right from the start. I realized that if I could'nt leave it alone inside, then the outside was going to be just more of the same. I now have 8 years c/s and it is a completely new world. Been at the same job since three weeks after my release and doing what I need to do in order to keep on track. Sure there are times when the pressure of being "responsible" seems heavy, but, at the end of the day, I look at what dealing with it has done for me and I know that it's all worth it. I think what helps me is to always remember that my past was nobody's fault but my own, I made the choices, now I have made the choice to do it right. I think for me, the biggest adjustment has been to shake the habits formed over many years. I know that most people don't even think twice about some of the things I am about to say, but, those that have done the time will know exactly what I mean. Respect is a huge thing inside, believe it or not the words "excuse me" are heard more inside than out. When I am in a crowded place I really have to put myself in check, getting bumped into with no apology takes me back instantly, something as small as being in a grocery store and have someone step in front of you to grab something, or worse yet, just step into a line ahead of you. I don't have any problem saying something but I try to do it in a diplomatic way, but sometimes peoples reactions just throw me. When people adopt the attitude that their busy little lives are more important than those around them, that's when I have to take a quick inventory and take a step back. I refuse to let anybody walk on me but I also refuse to give them the power to bring me down. Freedom is a precious thing, I will not let someones ignorance or selfishness jeopardize that. About the question of being bitter and angry, I would have to wonder if that is due to not accepting responsibility for the past. I truly hope that he finds a way to let it go and discover all that life has to offer. Your support and understanding is very important, but the bottom line is that he alone is responsible for his own happiness.

cassina1212
02-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi all,

I've been to this forum before, I just found it again this morning. As my name goes. I'm an ex-inmate. Been home 5 months; did a little over a year in NY, have about 1 1/2 left on parole. I been through so many jails I probably don't remember all of them. :idea:

The hardest thing about being home is I've been unable to find a job, and don't have my old lifestyle.

My .02,

DanHI Danee Boy Welcome to PTO i know what you mean about it being hard to find a job. ive been out for almost 6 years now ive only had 1 good job and was laid off from there 3 years ago. good luck to you in finding a good job.

ttopjenn29
02-07-2006, 08:35 PM
im currently waiting on my better half to get paroled but was curious if anyone has ever been on the Smith farm out in west texas?

superworker4u
02-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Hi Roxysman:
Thanks for the reply. Good luck as I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you. My friend told me that he finds it humiliating living at the correctional centre where he will spend one year before having full parole and then his warrant expires in 2007. I have tried very hard to be gentle, understanding, patient and caring as a friend but it has proven to be difficult at times. I walked on eggshells around him because I knew that he is experiencing a great deal of adjustment on the outside. He told me that it was not easy for him as some of the guys talk to him about crime. Can he successfully reintegrate considering that he lived a better part of his life in jail and probably has a criminal mindset. He said that he cannot believe that he wasted 18 years and more of his life (no offences against women or children).

However, despite all of this we did have a strong connection and we found that we have a lot in common. We went out for coffee one night to talk and he proceeded to take my arm when walking and surprised me with a kiss. I basically told him that we needed to let our friendship evolve and that this took me by surprise. He said " ok I will slow down" then proceeded to want to hold my hand in the car while we drove around the city and talked. He told me that he likes me a lot and has asked me on other occasions to meet his family, go for picnics, go to hockey games, etc and I know that he respects and admires me for my education, looks etc. He said that I was very intelligent, very attractive and very sexy. However, I felt that he was moving too fast because he just got out a few months ago and was anxious to experience a lot of things. This man is intelligent and can be funny and attentive and protective at times. The other part to this is that I worked as a volunteer and would go to chaplain dinners with him and other men on the outside. Since this happened I resigned as a volunteer because I felt that I had crossed a line although I did not initiate this kiss. A couple of days after the kiss, I called him to tell him that I resigned as a volunteer because we had crossed a line and I did not believe in deception. He said that it was very honourable of me and that I had to do what was right for me. I asked him if he wanted to continue the friendship and he said yes. He asked if I wanted a commitment and I said no to commitment and to pressure but I would like him to be the one to phone to arrange to get together sometime since I was no longer a volunteer. He was affectionate with me at what point but what he said was something that I could not reply to at this time. When we said goodbye he sounded angry.

Here is the thing. The next day he told the chaplain, other volunteers and his parole officer that I kissed him and that I wanted an affair with him but he did not want to go to the next level in the relationship. Also he said that I took him home and called him ten times. The question is why is this man lying about me. I had to do some damage control with the chaplain but I am still puzzled as to why this man would lie like this to others when he was the one who initiated this kiss. I wanted to continue to support him and I told him this plus, I have been nothing but kind, gentle and caring towards him and now I was told not to call him or vice versa. I am sitting here shaking my head saying " what happened". I have never got an answer from him because communication has been cut off.

My question is: This man professed to be so happy that at last people cared about him because while inside he though no one cared. He said that he has been rejected all of his life and most people would not give him or others inside the time of day. Knowing this I was careful of his feelings and would encourage and support him and was very kind to him. I really cared for him and most of the time enjoyed being with him. Why would he do this? What did I do wrong if anything. Has he been inside too long? I believe that he will call me again some day because I do believe that he has never met anyone like me who has accepted him for who he is. He said that I never judged him and accepted him fully. He said that he always felt relaxed around me. HUh, I don't understand. Should I understand why he did this and hope that as time passes he will adjust and become more positive. Help me because I do not know if he is capable of changing and being a kind and loving man. Any thoughts?:idea:

Your opinion would be much appreciated.

ROXYSMAN
02-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi superworker4u, First off, let me say"WOW". I would never presume to know what's going on in this man's head but I would have to be blind to not see some emotional issues here. Show some care and concern and it's taken as something deeper, feel rejected and lash out, just a little scary, don't you think? I'm not so sure you can chalk that sort of thing up to just being part of adjusting. Everyone does their own time in their own unique way, and in turn, will take their own version of the experience with them. Some will forever have the attitude that the world is out to get them while others will see that they are in charge of their own destiny. I honestly feel that if you seriously want to turn things around, you can, believe me it can be very hard to get past the perceptions that people can have, but in the end it's not about what they think, it's what you think about yourself. I honestly could not call this one, but, I do have one personal rule that has worked for me, give everyone a fair shake, but as soon as they show me that they don't deserve it, I deal with them on a totally different level. "Should I understand why he did this"? Well if you can understand it, you're a better person than me. I would just say- be careful. Good Luck to you and feel free to pm me if you want.

a_real_renegade
02-10-2006, 04:59 AM
I should have checked in here a year ago. Better late than never though.

I'm Dan, an outspoken renegade ex-con who served many years in NY prisons for a phantom crime never committed. The system stole everything it could from me. I never did let it take control over my mind.

Today life is good. I don't have the money I used to have before the system robbed me, but thanks to being a victim of crimes committed by the State of New York, I now know our criminal justice system as a whole is what it is ... in sad shape. Today I enjoy perfecting appellate briefs and other postconviction applications for both state and federal inmates here and in many other states. Calibrating the scales of justice has become my passion. Giving back to the same system that tried to swallow me whole really is cathartic. It's a medicine I find works very well to control the anger.

And with that ... anybody wants to find me around here, check the legal and controversial threads.

Fed-X: Hell of a thing you've done here. Hat's off to you.

cassina1212
02-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi dan, Welcome to PTO and straight talk. Good to have you here.

mrsjd
02-17-2006, 05:37 PM
i, personally, served one year in a washington state prison, and five years on a federal sentence. the feds moved me around a little, i started in mdc brooklyn, went to mcc manhatten, conaired to fpc dublin ca, then to 1/2way house in spokane, kicked out two days before my release date and sent to fdc seatac, then back to same 1/2way house. i was released april 04 with 3 years probation. i am currently a fugitive, preparing to surrender myself on a probation revocation. i dont know how long they will want from me, i am hoping to serve enough time that they will not put me back on paper.

Sqwirlsgirl
02-27-2006, 08:57 PM
My first experience with "time" was in San Bernadino, CA....I believe it was called the West unit....I don't know that was such a blur (that I was even in jail) and after 10 days I was extradited ANYWAY.

TO TEXAS....where I did alot of time in Bell county Jail....which is perphaps the most overcrowded jail in Texas. Then got probation...got revoked <<<for not reporting UGH and did ALOT of time again.

My experience is no less real than someone who did ALOT of time. I was so COMPLETELY unprepared for "the real world behind bars" that my day for day...most likely equaled most people's year for year. I still have the most intense nightmares...and other symptoms. I was 32 and never...never had even been pulled over before....my view of the justice system (Texas style) is from a complete virgin perspective.

But I made it....and learned ALOT, let me say again learned ALOT and now I fight for a ex-crackhead prostitute who I am honored to call my friend.

Thanks
Cindy

Mr. Maltisanti
03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I did five years state time.....

piper cub
03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I just got out of Taft CCI so anything you want to know about Taft just ask.

cassina1212
03-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I just got out of Taft CCI so anything you want to know about Taft just ask.

Hi pipercub,

Welcome home and welcome to PTO.

Criminal_Lesbia
04-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I have done time in Bedford Hills Correctional Facility in New York for 1 year and 1 month for grand theft auto and aludeing policemy name is Yukinoyo but you can call me Yuky

rocker49009
04-05-2006, 02:04 AM
My name is rocker49009 and i was in straits fac, up in the U P, I had a 1 to 5 year
for

FLIP_THE_MYK
04-05-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm only 21 and I'm an ex-con...

I did a year and 15 days...

Got out about 2 months ago and 4 days..

I'm still here.. still breathing and I do hip hop for a living...

BTW.. to all you female COs... much respect especially the ones here in Montreal, QC... don't give up.. I know y'all look up to me... y'all the sweetest and hard working females.. cuz behind every strong man there's a strong lady with him..

peace

cassina1212
04-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Flip_the_myk welcome to Straight Talk. Good to have you here. Congrats on being home.

cassina1212
04-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I have done time in Bedford Hills Correctional Facility in New York for 1 year and 1 month for grand theft auto and aludeing policemy name is Yukinoyo but you can call me Yuky

Hi and Welcome to Straight Talk. Good to have you here. how long you been out hun?

cassina1212
04-06-2006, 12:08 AM
I did five years state time.....

Welcome to the Straight Talk forum, and Welcome home.

cannot_clasp
04-07-2006, 11:39 PM
I was Facing a Mandatory Minimum Sentence of 25 years, But Only By The Grace Of God I only Had to do One Year with 10 years Probation, and Once Again, Only By The Grace Of God, I completed 5 years of the Probation then went back in front of the Judge, and was Released From the other 5 years due to completion of everything and Good Behavior. And I give GOD ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY!!! Oh Yeah, I am in Orlando Florida

it seems i am in your position. i'm facing over 25 and it's mandatory. these cops are overcharging me with sh@t i didn't know of. total 12 felonies. they want to make an example out of me and i'm not gonna be their victim. hopefully i'll have a cool lawyer like you. Did they have alot of evidence on u? all my charges are drugs so they are not "violent"

GoodWillHunting
04-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Did 4 years out of 6 in Wisconsin and some brig time in Camp Pendleton.

Peace.

MARKYMARK88888
04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
2 Half Years Southwoods Prison/halfway Houses New Jersey

cassina1212
04-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Goodwill and markymark Welcome to the Straight Talk forum.

Habilis
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Hello,
It's officially been over for 2 1/2 years now, released 3 1/2 ago. Im still getting back to normal in little ways but for the most part that "feeling" when talking to normal people when I first got out is gone. (You know that "feeling"). Now it's the nuts and bolts of the wreckage im working on. I'm here because I was looking for resources on the web for ex offenders... Cause I havenít filed a tax return for 10, 12, 13 years? And I know I need help. Iím glad I stumbled across this site; when I first got out I scoured the web for support groups (like this) but couldnít find anything. Now when I need to yak I'll know where to come. Id also be interested in listening to others that need to vent, blab- whatever.
Regards,
habilis
PS Any pointers to low or no cost tax related legal aid would greatly be appreciated. Im in the Los Angeles area.

cassina1212
04-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello,
It's officially been over for 2 1/2 years now, released 3 1/2 ago. Im still getting back to normal in little ways but for the most part that "feeling" when talking to normal people when I first got out is gone. (You know that "feeling"). Now it's the nuts and bolts of the wreckage im working on. I'm here because I was looking for resources on the web for ex offenders... Cause I havenít filed a tax return for 10, 12, 13 years? And I know I need help. Iím glad I stumbled across this site; when I first got out I scoured the web for support groups (like this) but couldnít find anything. Now when I need to yak I'll know where to come. Id also be interested in listening to others that need to vent, blab- whatever.
Regards,
habilis
PS Any pointers to low or no cost tax related legal aid would greatly be appreciated. Im in the Los Angeles area.

Hello and Welcome to PTO and the Straight Talk forum.

dublinshane
05-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I got out of prison in March after doing just over 3 months in Dublin, Ireland. I got a 10 month sentence for assault and criminal damage with 6 months suspended for 5 years. I know this is nothing for many others here but was huge for me. Glad to be out, trying to get my life back together.

colinuk
05-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Well it seems that times time no matter where u do it, so here goes.

My experience of the British judicial system goes back to juv, with a 3 month "shock" sentance when I was 14. Like a boot camp regime, All it done was give me the hump!

So I.ve done a couple of bits, served 11 and a half years, I looked on it as an occupational hazard at the time. We have a saying over here "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime". No whinging tolerated.

Done 14 month in solitary "the hole to my american friends " unfortunately I didnt agree with their rules! Still dont.But thats another story.

Anyway I dont play that game anymore, its ok if your single otherwise it brings too much heartache for everyone. Lost 2 partners and my daughter over it.

Having said that I had some laughs in there, got to make the best of a bad situation. met some good people, met a lot of scum.

Havent been on pto for a couple of years, been sorting my life out? Trying too anyway. So any questions even out of curiosity about the UK penal and judicial systems I'm your man. :thumbsup:

lol to everyone

cassina1212
05-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Well it seems that times time no matter where u do it, so here goes.

My experience of the British judicial system goes back to juv, with a 3 month "shock" sentance when I was 14. Like a boot camp regime, All it done was give me the hump!

So I.ve done a couple of bits, served 11 and a half years, I looked on it as an occupational hazard at the time. We have a saying over here "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime". No whinging tolerated.

Done 14 month in solitary "the hole to my american friends " unfortunately I didnt agree with their rules! Still dont.But thats another story.

Anyway I dont play that game anymore, its ok if your single otherwise it brings too much heartache for everyone. Lost 2 partners and my daughter over it.

Having said that I had some laughs in there, got to make the best of a bad situation. met some good people, met a lot of scum.

Havent been on pto for a couple of years, been sorting my life out? Trying too anyway. So any questions even out of curiosity about the UK penal and judicial systems I'm your man. :thumbsup:

lol to everyone

Hi colin and welcome to Straight Talk. Good to have you here.

AceDog
05-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Hello Colin, glad to hear from the UK. I am what is called here in the states as a career criminal. Living a criminal life includes doing time, its just part of it. I spent 35 years pulling crime and loved it. Nothing compares to the rush. Back in the day my crew and I worked the UK. I agree with the part if you can't do the time then don't do the crime. Now that I got old I quit, just didn't have anymore time to give to jail, also most of my crew has been killed off or drugs done them in. I must admit I miss the old ways. Nothing like popping a box and finding goodies.

colinuk
05-20-2006, 04:49 PM
same as that I'm labelled with the same tag, but like you I enjoyed the gig.

Done things in my life that were amazing, and like u say the rush is immense. Like you I dont fancy giving them any more jail time. But when you get the prize.. yes!!!! Good times, even the jail time on the whole. I trated it like an occupational hazard and that I was a P.O.W. So when in its make yourself comfortable, get fit, and drive the screws (guards) mad! Ha!

Keep in touch nice to meet another pro, too many wannabeees out there, be lucky my friend.

its almost over
05-20-2006, 04:58 PM
im on my 6th month out this month after serving 85% of a three year sentence for pc 212 (1st degree residential robbery with the use of force and fear) at CCWF chowchilla California this was my first and only felony conviction. i am now on high control parole and will have to do my full three years parole. it sucks but im on my way to getting my life on track.

HollowPoint
06-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I was a guest of the State of Maryland, at Jessup, from 1995 to 1997. 36 month sentance. Maxed out at 28 months. Walked out a free man. As free as a felon can be I guess. Did my time with other white male drug offenders. Got only into to altercations with 2 inmates. Did my full stretch in Gen Pop. Got tested my 3rd week in. Fought off 2 Mexicans trying to test me. Never had an issue after that.

After prison worked in as a consultant for a few years in IT. Was in trading stocks after that. Currently, making a good living trading the Nasdaq gaps.

Well i guess thats all if you want any info about prison life or just want to say hi Pm me.

Jaxon
06-20-2006, 03:45 PM
2 counts fraud. middleton,clements,formby,walker sale

kittyCatsmeow
06-25-2006, 03:56 PM
10 charges... forgery x3, uttering x3, possession of larc tools, possession of stolen credit cards x3. I got 10 years total. 9 suspended after 1 in county lock up (salem Virginia), wasnt moved due to continuous court hearings for the divorce and child custody that came from all this. Two days before my release I was nailed with 2 more uttering and 2 more forgery charges (which brought the total to 10).

laura66a
07-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Hello.

Sentenced to 25 years with 15 years suspended and no parole on the remainng 10 for a sex offense. I did my time in Patuxent Institution in Maryland in a segregated psychiatric cellblock.

Released to halfway house August, 2004. Released from halfway house to the custody of my stepfather in January, 2005.

Laura

Brian Rooney
07-05-2006, 07:48 AM
My name is Brian. I served 12 years in Virginia (non-violent property crimes). I have "free" now for 4 years. I have a great full-time job; go to GMU in Fairfax full-time (except in the summer), run a website for inmates trying to receive pen pals, and work on various prison projects. My main focus is on recidivism, and keeping men and women OUT of prison. Thanks for letting me introduce myself, and it is good to know that others have made it out here...freedom is worth it. Take care.

Brian

Janardana Dasa
07-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi, I'm Janardana Dasa, ex-offender (released from Federal custody in 1986). I did 3 years in Joliet, IL and 2 years in Texas (Beto II Unit) and two years in FCI El Reno and one year in FCI-Bastrop.

"See the USA the US Marshal Way..."

Back in the day, the feds had a way of dealing with non-violent nudniks, law suit mongerers, grievance writers.. the magical mystery tour, weeks upon weeks of traveling from joint to joint on busses, planes, vans, staying in jails, MCC's, FCI's, USP's... I saw at least a week in over a dozen BOP facilities... Texarkana, Memphis, Lewisburg, Atlanta, Butner, NC, Springfield, MO, MCC Chicago, Terre Haute... But hey, I liked cheese sandwiches, and it was better than sitting in a cell.

I was in El Reno for the longest stretch. I was a Hare Krishna and was involved with the group suing the BOP for religious rights, including vegetarian kitchen. (1985?)

So, hello. Haven't been in a lick of trouble since. Nice family guy, still a Hare Krishna (its what saved me from a llife inside).

:thumbsup:

DylanR
07-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Seven years in a florida prison, 2 years awaiting trial. Never again

ludo
07-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi everyone. I'm from New Zealand and have done my time in the two Canterbury prisons. Sentenced to five and a half years and served just over two. Have spent the last couple of months on Home Detention but come off that on monday and start 2 years of Parole. I was convicted on fraud charges which I committed to fund a gambling addiction-bright eh? Never again!!!

BobS
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
"I was searching for info on a former and very helpful Parole Officer and came upon this site. Very nice...and interesting!

I am an X felon who toured the CA system from 1971-1988 with a 4 year break '72-75. Got off Parole in '91 and haven't looked back.

Although I've been a hard working and productive citizen and would like to share some success stories, I would also like a much needed tune up in the form of some more deep counseling. I am a very spiritually motivated individual and have been stagnant for too long. Seems incarceration is an excellent place for reading & studying if you're up for it."

CatherineP
09-14-2006, 09:07 PM
I was released on July 20, 2006 after a 37-month "vacation" at FPC Bryan in Texas.

watuhmelonz
09-14-2006, 09:12 PM
I got pinched for a white collar federal felony. Caught 4 years of probation and 6 months ankle time.

xinmate
09-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey I am new here .... But i joined so that mabye I can help some people out....I was a victim of the Commenwealth of pensylvaina DOC ..Because I sold 2 oz of pot in wayne county PA....Being from brooklyn ny they didnt take to kindly to me comming into there rural lil town and Destroying it with my "BIG CITY CRIME" (Thats what the judge said) I was sentenced to 18-60 months in a state correctional facility and thus began he tour of the PA DOC's. I was in Wayne County Prison (6 mo) S.C.I Camp-Hill (3mo) S.C.I Mercer (21 mo) S.C.I. Dallas (1mo) { IN The hole for a misconduct) S.C.I. forrest (2 mo) 1 halfway house in scranton pa ( Which was worse than the state Joints.. and finally thank god rercived my Interstate compact back and am now on paper in NY. I Swore while I suffered in there when I got out I would NEVER Forget the Abuse that the DOC dished out and the mind games they played (( All for 2 oz of pot ) street value of $300...I will be glad to answer any questions about my Experience inside and be Willing to help out in anyway I can .... Like I said "I am new here " hope I am doing this right
peace always

Clancy

stonewallred
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
From NC started at Morganton highrise in 86 and then made a long 14yr and 9 month journey through the NCDOC. I was labeled a management problem and high risk for assualtive behavior, along with being an escape risk, so for the first 9 years I was kept in close custody. Didn't have a lot of good sense back then and got quite a few tickets, and did plenty of hole time including a 3yr 9mnth stint at Caledonia for hitting a Sgt at Troy. Should have been 1 year, but family sprang for a lawyer, and a couple of stand up CO's actually told the truth in court and I beat the street charge, so good old DCC did a number on me. Got out in 2000, off paper in 2003, voted in 2004. Got wife and kid now, own my business and stay out of trouble. Been clean 19 years, 20 in November. Sponsor a couple of guys still in and still go to meetings myself. Spent time at approx 48 of of NC prisons and was refused at both the old Polk and Randolph when being transported. Quite funny to have a Capt tell the transporting CO that he didn't care what he did with me, but I wasn't coming onto his unit.
Last thing I did in was get the policy changed at Cherry Street for homepasses. They wouldn't let us have overnight passes unless we were married, and the policy, old 5 NCAC before the GA raped it, said we could have them. So I raised hell, wrote letters, filed paper, and generally acted like the management problem I was, and they changed that policy. First weekend I could have a overnighter, my sis was out of town so I didn't get one. And danged if they didn't parole me the next week before I ever got one. Parole came out of nowhere and shocked the crap out of me, but not so much that I refused it.

ttopjenn29
10-01-2006, 10:15 PM
has anyone done time out on the smith unit in west tx and if so tell me whats up there please,thx.

stlcru
10-02-2006, 11:33 PM
SECC and FRDC in Missouri

hec4653
10-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Alot has changed from when i first paroled in june of 05 and joined this site. After doing over 7 years state time for a robbery, i was shocked at how easy it was to be "normal", going to school and work and loving life. Well 6 months later things started going downhill and i realized that i had become somewhat institutionalized:eek:!! Now I am trying to get back on track, but looking at where i was a year ago and where i am today, its depressing!

marky960
10-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Hi,
My name is Mark from Salt Lake, Midwest, and I just did a stint of 8 years in Draper Utah and got out just some days ago.

RachelisJims
10-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Welcome all new Utah members. I'm glad to know that Utah's little corner isn't dieing out yet...Today is our anniversary of the day he turned himself in. I really can't wait till he's out for good.

Little Mac
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
I served five years in Beto-1, Been out for 5 years as of Oct 2nd
all in all I served 7 years in TDC. I now have a wife and kids that keep my idle hands busy. I am NOT planning on going back anytime soon. Advice to others, settle down, figure out what your goal in life will be, and don't make the same mistakes twice.
I am a statisic....I felt like going back about a year after I was out, I am glad I didn't make another mistake or I wouldn't be here to enjoy my boys..

Melindaknapp
10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I did 10 months in one Michigan jail for 2nd degree home Invasion, whiile serving this time I was also convicted of B and E with intent in another county I recived an additional 10 months ran consecutive plus I know have life time intense probation and also recieved a supplemant on the second felony.

086for life
11-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I did 21 months....Atwater and Dublin and Taft

juan_nyfelon
11-18-2006, 09:24 PM
i am juan from the ny area born in nearby jersey was on my own much in nyc as i call it my true home. :) as i was here before i got locked up livin wit bro jorge for years before he and i got our sentence.he is still in.

i got out finally and i am so new to these laptops pc's cell phones im's lol
emails everyhing has changed alot but i am just glad to no longer be
a state of nys # ya heard???

i am DONE and smiling & look forward to meeting the right woman soon i hope and living a good life normail clean life good job and raise a son i have age 10.

he my life too and i missed him so much for 7 yrs. but at least i am getting time with him now. thank god.

peace out
god bless.

BootCampPrince
11-19-2006, 02:46 AM
I did 3 months in Cook County Jail in Chicago. 2 Months in Stateville and 4 months at Boot Camp in Dixon Springs IIP. Hoorah!

mrsg
12-02-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm BACK....I was at Pekin FPC for 2 1/2 years and I'm back at you..Thanks to all my friends that kept in touch while I was there...if i have any info you might be interested in, please feel free to contactme.

FriscoLady
12-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I want to Welcome all the new folks to PTO and to the Straight Talk Forum.

Too those that are have come back to us and to your PTO Family: Welcome HOME!

Good to see you all!

Patti

Brian Rooney
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM
I served 12 years for burglaries and safecracking in Virginia...have been out now going on 5 years and love life now...

Brian

FriscoLady
12-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Brian,

I know you have been with the PTO Family for some time, however, I want to welcome you to the Straight Talk Forum. Glad to have you with us.

Patti

PTO-29412
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
I second what Patti said - WELCOME

mjwyogini
12-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Spent 3 years in Wyoming for armed robbery from 1979 to 1982. Have been sober/drug free for 22 years. Got my BA, Paralegal Certificate, two MA's. Adopted my daughter from Morocco, despite the very thorough background check and detailed investigation that the INS does when you want to adopt a foreign child. I made it through that, which is THE toughest investigation one can have. It took them a year and a half. Then they tried to give me trouble for the felony record...but I went to Senator Kennedy's office next door, and they helped. Got 8 letters of recommendation...and I was approved! My daughter is 16 now, I have not been in trouble with the law again. thank God!

ejadanielle
12-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I was incarcerated at the Southern Nevada Womans Correctional Center on Smiley Rd. in North Las Vegas for 2 years. I was paroled in Aug of 2005 to Reno, was honorably discharged and am now back in Vegas. I LOVE this town.

hesavedme
12-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Did time as both a juvinile and as an adult.Did 16months with half at Vspw and also at a CCF in Live Oak.

steverbeaver
12-22-2006, 04:46 PM
I was incarcerated for conspriracy to import and distribute marijuana and hashish oil in the federal system. My sentence was 61 months and most of it was served out in FCI Elkton in Ohio. I have been out sice October of 2003. After getting out I still maintain contact with several of those left behind and help them out from time to time or when permissible. If anyone is heading down that road or has been I'd be glad to help. I began my journey in Vero Beach, FL to Palm Beach County to FDC Miami to Atlanta, GA to Oklahoma to Elkton and to a CCC (halfway house in West Michigan. I assisted many spanish speaking inmates who could not read or write english in writing letters to various agencies both inside and outside the fence. I am also very familiar with the Canadian consulate and the transfer to Canada process as I am with the Consulado de Mexico y translados a Mexico. Feel free to ask me any questions you have from indictment to supervised release.

frthgulok
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
did 8 years in wv doc shout out to my faimly uncle 20 between moundville and mountolive brother did two 5 year bits in wv doc and my cousins in huttonsville and mountolive wont forget ride hard and sleep with your boots on love o

DaveyBoy
01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Dave-On., Canada
2 federal sentences, just got off paper in july 06

blueone
01-22-2007, 02:54 PM
What was it like at Sheridan FCI?

PDT307
01-23-2007, 02:10 AM
SPENT 4 months in PHOENIX WEST prison for 2 Felony DUI's.

fedcon
01-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Spent 48 months FPC Terre Haute

ladysoldier
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I survived on the outs and did 7.5 years in Iowa womens prison

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello everyone, my names Heather..I served 7.5 yrs. in Mitchellville..the only Iowa womens state prison from 95-2002. I have been out since Feb. 18, 2002 and have not been in any trouble since.

I also gave birth to my only son in Mar. 5, 1996-while in prison. I have literally been thru hell itself. But I am here today making it as best I can.

I has (2) 25 yr. sentence for armed robberies..they were concurrent..so ran together w/(1) 25 yr. term. I had been on probation (paper) for years prior. I was on Intense probation while committing that crime that landed me in prison.

I planned 2 armed robberies and my sons father helped w/both. He actually did them but I planned them detail to detail. I pretended to be a victim. He couldn't wait for me while I was in..so there went our engagement. I still wasn't able to reconcile w/him when I got out as he was in a relationship w/someone else.

I have since worked at 1 place since getting out. I started out loading and unloading semis for 4 years. I also went to college..but I didn't finish cause all the job fairs wouldn't look twice at me w/the prison time I did.

I have since been promoted now..I have my own office, and love it. I cannot disclose where I work since I find prejudice everywhere I go if I mention it. Human resources knew when they hired me, but I don't need everyone else in my business. I want my work ethic to speak for itself.

I regained my citizenship from the governor in the fall of 2004. Unfortunately just missing the presidential election..so I couldn't vote! And in 2014 I will apply for my firearm rights. (with a letter of recommendation from Gov. Villsack).

I don't know much else to say...I love I can make my own decisions out here. I can't say I love the world so much out here...alot of heartache, and pain out here don't get me wrong..I just pretty much love the fact I can make decisions for myself now. I can eat when I want, use the bathroom..BY myself, I have doors for privacy, I can drive, I can yell if I want..its great!

I am 31 now..I got out at 26. I haven't been lucky enough to have another child yet. I been married since 2003, own our own house, I have a step son, and 2 dogs!

Any questions let me know!

PTO-29412
02-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Congrats and welcome back to the forum!

JerZhotboi
02-04-2007, 11:38 PM
At 16, went to Juvie in Pennsylvania.... at 18 went to County in Philadelphia... at 20 went to county in Virginia... at 25 went to county in Orlando... at 27 went to Florida Dept of Corrections... and again in Florida in 2004, just got released in March of 06'. I am a GAY male that AT ONE TIME was on hormones and had breasts and it was no picnic believe me!! Now working and living in New Jersey and keeping it ALL together... hard as it may be!!

Bassman
02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Pled out to fourth-degree arson in 1997 but never saw any time over it (thank God). Five years' probation and out $7500 in restitution.

marlon724
02-15-2007, 07:17 AM
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]

I am an ex-con who served time at the USDB at Ft Leavenworth, KS

gsr67
02-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi im Greg i did 15 months in florida for first degree organized fraud.It was my only time in Prison or jail and in many ways a much better person for it . Thank you for your own personal stories and insights it helps me as i continue on my journey

nineironninja
02-21-2007, 10:12 PM
well, my name sean and i am an x con. i guess that's a pretty crappy thing to be typing as a 36 year old well to-do, educated, suburbanite from the west coast...but it's true. i'm a 4 time loser. i have been in prison in three states...oregon, nevada and colorado (twice). all of my sentences have been "short time" two-three year stretches. i have an I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE that goes back to my childhood...except for now it lands me in the pokie for "time out's" of the most bizarre time. most STORIES about prison are just that...stories. i've found that if i want to be a jerk, then people (staff and cons) will treat me as such. i tend to be real with everyone and am left to do my time as a CONVICT and not an INMATE. when i started consuming time in D.O.C. back in 1992 i was given the convict code of conduct by a few "old timers"...thank God for that! today's "fish" don't seem to have that and this seems to result in the chaos that runs rampant in the systems today. i can't recall being locked-down as they are doing it today...it is different. i'm a hard worker whom finds it easy to find a good job while inside on my own. most people find it easier to do it through a fellow con...that also works against the new numbers that walk through the door and are told to find a job (or else). so, i got by.
gotta sleep...lol...just got out yesterday and i'm beat! i'll post again tomorrow...this is just a hello. thanks and G'nite :sleepy:

Ex-Con N Jersey
02-27-2007, 06:48 PM
36 month stint in Annandale. 14 months in halfway house in Trenton NJ

KCampbell
03-02-2007, 03:08 PM
My warrants were issued in 1992, I was arrested in Rancho Palos Verdes, California in November 94, on outstanding charges from California and Canada. Sentenced to 7 years 8 months, served 4 years 3 months in Delano State Prison, Centinela State Prison, passing thru Chino 3 times.

Centinela "A" yard for a little over 3 years.

Then off to US Immigration in El Centro for 5 weeks, flown to LAX via commuter flight, then flown to Vancouver via Alaska Airlines, released on bail. Bail revoked in Toronto, 5 months dead time, sentenced to 4 years on 1992 charges, flown back to BC via Air Canada, then flown back to Ontario via Air Canada.

Sent to Milhaven Reception in Kingston, Ontario, short stay at Joyceville Institution and transferred to Fenbrook Institution in the Muskoka's. Released on statutory release on February 14/06 and currently have 105 days until the expiry of my sentence.

gigilaw
03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Can anyone who has been in prison or knows the real meaning behind how much time someone get explain to me what really does 33 to life means and if this was given in 1991. under the 65% law