View Full Version : Companies who hire ex-felons

HEISMYANGEL
12-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Hello everyone! I am trying to get a list together of companies who hire ex felons. Does anyone know of any? Thanks!

abeautifulsoul2
12-13-2005, 02:58 PM
I had to do a research paper on this for my Sociology class so I know of some across the country. In New York City, there is a printing company called the Siebert Nicholas Printing Group that hires ex-offenders as porters and offers the opportunity to move up in the company.They don't hold the criminal history against applicants, they just care about your work ethic. They even work with re-entry programs to hire people who have just been released.

Crone
12-14-2005, 05:30 AM
are you looking for any state in particular?

Phil in Paris
12-14-2005, 05:37 AM
Here's a link to the ones in Florida. I guess the big ones (At&t and such) might hire ex-felons all over the country.

http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76365

Hope that helps and good luck

Phil

HEISMYANGEL
12-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks! I am looking for NY

Manzanita
02-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Look here....
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1703289#post1703289

MECHISGIRL
03-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Is There Any In Michigan?

mmc
03-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone! I am trying to get a list together of companies who hire ex felons. Does anyone know of any? Thanks!

I know that walmart and Target do, If you go to a prison preventers worker or group they can tell you...

mmc
03-02-2006, 07:33 PM
there is walmart and target and some of the grocery companies.....

pretty much everyone seems to be going to prison these days and most employers want to see that youa ther to workand are trying to gop forward with life, Ask a prison preventers worker for any imfo om this.. also airports cafes or malls coffee shops .. best of luck

abndave
03-09-2006, 06:40 PM
I got a job with Darden Restaurants not long ago. They run Red Lobster, and Olive Garden among others. The job didn't last, but that was this particular situation, and nothing to do with the company, as far as I know. There tends to be lots of turnover in these jobs and we parted company on good terms. In any case, they didn't seem to care much about a felony conviction when it came to hiring. I would consider Darden, especially if you have food service experience.

KFK123
03-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Does anybody know of any in Tennessee?

mikel
04-15-2006, 09:39 PM
abndave,

thanks for the heads up! yea, alot of service companies are having to relax their "no felony policy." I have experience in customer service call center and I am sure some are starting to relax, too. The turnover is huge and companies have to get what they can get. Plus working in a real restaurant sure beats fast food. I plan on working at one and continuing my education.

ksykes250
04-19-2006, 05:18 PM
looking for jobs that hire in NC..does anyone know any that I could refer my boyfriend to....its hard out there....Kim

Msnikay
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I know of a few, there is a Prisoner's union that you can get involved with and they help you with jobs through them.

Crone
04-26-2006, 04:24 PM
I know of a few, there is a Prisoner's union that you can get involved with and they help you with jobs through them.

Is this something new? Can you share more information with us? Is it a nationwide union or just in select states?

Manzanita
05-26-2006, 08:39 AM
I have many links listed here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71133)

BradN10
05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
I need some for Indiana. Please

David'smom
06-23-2006, 07:27 PM
I have many links listed here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71133)

Jen, Thank you so much for all the information. I've ordered books about
prison release for my son and myself, and found so many links for employment. This yr. he will be getting a State Parole Transfer. We have
lots to do before that day comes. Your sharing has given me new hope.
God Bless you.
David'smom

Marissa7
07-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey thanks for the link

gradschoolfelon
07-12-2006, 04:55 PM

Only place I know of has been alcohol and drug abuse treatment centers. They don't pay jack though, but they are forgiving of substance abuse related crimes.

If that doesn't work, I hear Nino Brown from New Jack City has a cool operation..:-)

nemisis
01-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Really, it would not be a bad idea if someone gathered a list of companies that hired felons... As that is a key to avoid recidivisim... If you get out and have a crappy job, you are more likely to make a bad decision... I was lucky...Got on with a law firm... Not everyone is.. I will start to see if I can find any companies that specifically hire. I know PUBLIX Supermarkets takes advantage of the Tax break for hiring felons.... If anyone has any, please email them to me at removed pm per pto policy please pm member I will put them on a website and post them for everyone...

QUEENDRURY
01-31-2007, 10:46 AM
this is a good post.i have reloscated to minnesota and there are lots of resources that help with job search,home search but i am interested in any companies in minnesota.if it's possible p.m. in case i cant get bac to this thread
THANKS

ellies.toy
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
are there any in Maryland

bertie370
03-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I know here Walmart hires felons as does Bayliner boat manufacturing.

pmitch10
03-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Yes, thank you for the links, Gen G. :)

NH had a day just recently for ex felons who could meet with companies that would hire ex felons. I posted it in the NH forum.

Sabr
03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
does anyone know of some in delaware that hire ex felons? any info is appreciated

parker1969
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
there are many many companies out there who hire ex-offenders. not every company who hires ex-offenders will hire without considering the crime for obvious reasons. i have a friend who is a convicted sex offender who was refused employment at Wal-Mart only because of his crime. Wal-Mart's policy is to not hire SO's. so to answer your question most companies will not disqualify you just because you are an ex-offender, but they may exclude some from their hiring pool.

mia_101
03-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Albertsons. I can't speak to which crimes they accept and which they don't, but I know a felony does not disqualify you automatically.

trusscity
06-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Walmart doesnt hire felons no more or atleast when my background came back they say i didnt qualify, I USED to work for walmart before, STILL with my same felonies and i asked a manager and they said they changed they're policy..lol...

abndave
06-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I am totally not surprised. Over two years ago, I applied at a WalMart and gave full disclosure. I was thanked for my honesty, but no job was offered.

Lowe's wouldn't even let me apply. They said their security department would never approve someone with a felony (even one that didn't involve theft, drugs, or violence).

south1
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Does anyone have employment opportunities in the state of Alabama?
Thanks for any help.
South1

briansbabygurl
06-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know of any in virginia?

coffeemaker1
06-16-2007, 12:29 AM
It's sad that some companies won't hire people with felonies because of this most of them end up back in prison. There are also some places that will not rent to felons and also because of this they live in the worst places. There needs to be something that congress can do about this instead of worring about some of the little things that they do. Even though a person has messed up and paid their debt to society doesn't mean that they are bad people. Some just got caught up in the system. Down here in West Columbia, TX it is hard for someone with a felony to get a job or a place to stay. Are there companies in Texas that hires?

abndave
06-16-2007, 02:57 AM
For at least a couple of years now, Chuck Colson's Justice Fellowship and others have been trying to get congress to pass a major prisoner reentry bill. It is based on the concept of Restorative Justice, the restoration of the former inmate to participation in society. Sadly, the bill has not been passed. In the meantime, bills like Jessica's Law are passed within days. Our justice system has become the exact opposite of restorative justice. It's now wonder that so many felons wind up back in prison. It's surprising that more don't.

latinlady742
06-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I need help finding resources in help my husband finding a job when he comes home hopefully next yr on his CR date. He goes up for parole in sept. this yr for the 3rd time...anyone know of any organization that can help him into getting back into society? he's been incarcerated since 1986. Im in Buffalo, NY...anyone know anything that can help us...plz???

abndave
06-28-2007, 09:30 PM
As you might have figured out, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in rehabilitation, just punishment.

That being said, you might look for an organization called Offender Aid and Restoration. I didn't see one in Buffalo, but there's an office in Irvington, New Jersey. My Google search showed their phone number as (973) 373-0100.

Looks like there's also one in Ithaca. Their number is (607) 272-7885.

I'd call both offices. They may well know of resources in the Buffalo area. I used the Fairfax, VA office of OAR, and they were very helpful. The ones I met seemed like pretty good folks.

Give this a try.

SierraFamily
06-28-2007, 11:11 PM
True, work for Lowes and they have very strict guidelines, but if you go through a job agency and you prove to that company what type of worker you are then they maybe more willing to hire you permantely even with a record?

RonPaul
06-29-2007, 01:47 PM
You know times need a changing when you can't get hired at Walmart, Kmart, Lowes, Home Depot.

mia_101
07-02-2007, 07:30 PM
It's sad that some companies won't hire people with felonies because of this most of them end up back in prison. There are also some places that will not rent to felons and also because of this they live in the worst places. There needs to be something that congress can do about this instead of worring about some of the little things that they do. Even though a person has messed up and paid their debt to society doesn't mean that they are bad people. Some just got caught up in the system. Down here in West Columbia, TX it is hard for someone with a felony to get a job or a place to stay. Are there companies in Texas that hires?

Have you contacted project RIO?

I know that you can work in construction, possibly truck driving, and the oil fields. Or go off-shore on rigs, that appeals to some.

ram63565
07-05-2007, 01:05 AM
One of the best places tolook for work is in the food industry...I dont mean restaurants but in the processing of food...slaughter houses, meat prep and packaging.
The interview process took a while and the drug testing a physical required a few trips back and forth but the company that hired my husband had a "what are you doing NOW and where do you want to go" attitude.
It is demanding, sometimes hot, sometimes freezing, stinky disgusting job.
The plants around here are 24 hours a day 7 days a week (only the major holidays off).
You have to get to work 20 minutes early b/c in most positions you are required to wear their clothes and keep them there.
The pay is quite good for our area and there are benefits.
Now, most of these plants are going to be in rural areas (closer to the pigs/cows/turkeys/chickens). That may be a draw back but you cant beat the housing prices.
In addition, in rural areas most landlords arent "companies" and it may be easier to qualify.
Hope this helps
I forgot, most of the meat processing plants also have company farms where the work is hard but its outside and well paid.....you can get in, apply yourself, learn new skills and move up.

mia_101
07-05-2007, 07:04 AM
I think a lot of the things you mentioned about rural reas are good points. For those with laws against where they can live, there is more area, it doesn't have to be a 'bad part of town'.

And cost of living is lower.

LISALL4
03-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Does any one know about employment for ex-felons in New Mexico?

cornered
03-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Colorado?

MightGoMightNot
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I've pursued this issue very, very aggressively and in doing so, learned a lot and come to a few conclusions.

First off, a company that is totally open and willing to have its name bandied about as actively "hiring felons" is a rare bird indeed. While a number of businesses may be willing to give an offender a look (and some are very sympathetic), being put on some central list as a certified "felon hirerer" is something virtually no company wants to be associated with (save for a few small outfits run by people with high ideals about the issue). It's simply not good for business.
Period.

Because of this, the concept of a "list of people who hire felons in (insert your state here) isn't going to be something easily found on google and in the event it is, somebody somoewhere screwed up. Many states have offender-reentry programs (both government and private) that maintain lists of willing businesses, but for obvious reasons, it isn't something that they openly publish.

You're going to have to do your legwork on this. I'm currently in the process of setting up a small non-profit for my area that will focus on this very issue, however, I can assure you that our "list" isn't going to be online, for numerous reasons. Matter of fact, when contacting business partners, that is one of the first concerns they express- that their anonymity as a participant be preserved.

Lastly, one of the fastest ways to get a company that is willing to hire ex-offenders to stop doing so is to make them "felon job central" by posting on web boards that they're open to hiring felons.
Please be aware of the social stigmas that are attached to this and don't expect the rest of society to suddenly "enlighten" and become more like Europe.
For better and worse, this is America and our mentalities on certain issues "are what they are".
While we aren't as bad off as Sex Offenders, we're viewed a step below everyone else on earth.

arctichawk
03-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Just happened on this site today. This is great info..anyone anything about Texas?? The Florida job info is helpful. Although my guy is in a Florida prison his plan is to move Texas a few months after his release in a few days.

g10-E
09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
WALMART AND TARGET ARE NOW DOING BACKGROUND CHECKS IN PA. iVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR A YEAR AND A HALF AND I NEVER DID PRISON TIME ,JUST AN ARREST RECORD AND FELONY CONVICTION . YOUR SCREWED IN PA.

QSBeauty
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Are there any agencies in DE? Just moved and boy is things hard out here.

abndave
11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I just did a quick web search and came up with the Delaware Criminal Justice Council. The Re-entry Resource Map where I found the reference says they do all sorts of things, including helping with employment.

Their website is http://cjc.delaware.gov/. To be honest, they look awfully law enforcement-oriented, but I guess it couldn't hurt to give them a call. They have offices in Wilmington, Georgetown, and Dover.

Let me know if this works out to be anything.

Scorpion76
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs to help ex-cons find employment here in North Carolina. My guy comes home in February and I am starting to search for him. I am doing my legwork but any extra help would be great. Please pm with any info. Thanks for reading

ncreentry
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
In North Carolina contact the local Employment Security Commission Office and ask for contact info for the Ex-Offender Services Coordinator in Raleigh.

foxlake1
11-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know the contact for employment for ex sex felons in madison wisconsin? Would love to know, for looking for a job is not easy for me have a great work history,but with 3 yr break in my work history ,this doesn't look good on paper in getting a job and being a so offender.Thanks

mywife19
11-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi! I'm looking for any companies in NJ that might help in hiring. My husband should be going to the halfway house in January (God willing!) and I was hoping I can provide a direction for him...thanks!

His wife0704
12-01-2009, 01:24 PM
DO any one know of any in md or washington dc? This is very helpful......

jjac09
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
how about in az

*Da Princess*
02-16-2010, 05:56 AM
Any companies in CT?

Ladybug417
02-16-2010, 07:44 AM
are you looking for any state in particular?

Do you know of any companies in Georgia, preferably Metro-Atlanta?

mrsisaman
02-20-2010, 10:34 PM
What about California?

answer seeker
02-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi. Boyfriend is having No luck finding Any kind of work in North East Indiana or surrounding area. After submitting many resumes, with an impecable work history he can't find anything. He's even tried out of state job requests. He is a low level sex offender. If anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

R Bordonaro
05-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Hello, my name is Bob Bordonaro, I live in Arlington, TX. I am on unemployment, but it runs out at the end of 6/10. I have an aggravated assault charge from 2001. I have 15+ yrs customer service/collections experience. They love my resume, until they find out I am an ex-con. Any suggestions or advice, leave a message on Prison Talk, at my e-mail at (removed per PTO Policy; please pm member), or call my cell at (removed per PTO Policy). I am willing to do just about anything, as long as it's legal :O)!!!

colorblind25
12-28-2010, 05:43 PM
does anyone know of any in Wisconsin?

HesMyChamp
01-06-2011, 12:08 AM
If any one knows about information in California please PM me!

inlovealways
01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
FOUND THIS FOR MARYLAND....Maybe if you know a small company you could get hired with felonies:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=5874870

Long-Term Employment of Ex-Felons Tax Credit

Description:
Businesses that operate in Maryland and hire one or more ex-felons during the period from January 1, 2007, through December 31, 2011, who are employed by the business for at least one year, may be entitled to a credit.
The credit may be taken against corporate, personal income tax, or state and local taxes withheld (certain tax exempt organizations only). The credit may not be applied to more than one tax type.
Sole proprietorships, corporations, pass-through entities (partnerships, subchapter S corporations, limited liability companies, business trusts) and tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations may claim the tax credit.
To qualify for the credit:
The company must hire at least one ex-felon between January 1, 2007, and December 31, 2011, and employ that person for a minimum of one year.

bev090910
01-08-2011, 10:41 AM
In Virginia, there is an organization affiliated with TAP called Virginia Cares. It is an organization that is a specific re entry program for offenders and new releases. They offer counseling, single or group, they have a workforce coordinator, and take you to local colleges and work you through the grant process. Their knowledge is invaluable. A new walmart opened in our town and they worked with VAcares to hire offenders. I am a felon, just released from Alderson in September and they hired me. They want the 8850 Work Opportunity Tax Credit. I am sure any TAP office can help.

queens3
01-11-2011, 08:26 AM
How about NEW JERSEY my hubby is getting ready to go to the HWH and I would like to try to have a list of places for him please help

Shari
01-11-2011, 09:19 AM
I found out some news the other day about Labor Ready. They use to hire anyone with no questions asked. Well they have started to do background checks now on the people who come in for jobs. I just happen to be on the phone with a office in VT and was talking to her about something for work and thought I would ask and she said yes that they have just started making the offices do that. I was really surprised since I know that when I use to work for them the only time we questioned anyone was when the customer asked that we do, but for 99% of the jobs we never even asked their background. Just thought I would update you on this info.

myfreedom2010
01-12-2011, 08:21 AM
There is also a tax credit for employer's that hire felons - The company I went to work for when I got out last year - applied for the Tax Credit - It is a Federal Credit - here is the link...:)

http://www.doc.state.ia.us/documents/TaxCreditsExFelons.pdf

It could benefit someone trying to retain a job as a felon

Take Care,
Steph

angel12569
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
yeah that is my biggest fear, my husband is finally coming home the end of June and i'm afraid he won't be able to find a job. HE had a great job as an electrician before all this and even had his own side jobs going, but with todays economy have no clue what is going to happen. We live in dutchess county NY, just hope more companies start realizing people make mistakes they paid their dues and now they should be given a fair chance at trying to prove themselves. Oh well wishful thinking I guess.

lack10
01-13-2011, 02:14 PM
What about those of us who have degrees and can't do the manual labor, I should be writing the politicians on this.

tucsonaz
01-14-2011, 01:14 AM
What about those of us who have degrees and can't do the manual labor, I should be writing the politicians on this.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think they give a f***! Nor does the average American either, unless they have a relative that is a felon or are one themselves.

INEEJA
01-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know whos hiring in the Los angeles Area. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of an organization that assist you with finding employers who hires those of us with felony convictions can you please help me. Thanks, INEEJA

sheka716
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Does any one know where to go in florida for jobs if you have a felony?

lost4words
01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
You know this is a great idea to have a thread like for each state....I know it's hard for Wisconsin for my sons father to find a job but I will do some research

elliemaed
02-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Is there a link for florida jobs for ex-felons? Or a list or any suggestions? Thanks.

frenchiewv
02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
My fiancee is in jail right now for armed robbery and he has to complete rehab once he get out but he is afraid he aint going to be able to find a job. We live in WV and he has is 40h mining card , he couldn't find a job in the mine before he went to jail and now he is really afraid he wont get one. Anybody knows place in WV that hire felon especially in the mines?

scorpiolover28
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
A lot of restaurants will hire felons. I have a restaurant and I hire from a local hwh because we get a tax credit for that. Surprisingly, fast food restaurants like Taco Bell, McD's and Waffle House do background checks and will not hire anyone without a clean record. Of course, this is in my state, Louisiana. Good luck! It's really tough out there right now.

LovinMYman09
02-09-2011, 10:38 PM
I know that walmart and Target do, If you go to a prison preventers worker or group they can tell you...

A what ?! What is a prison preventers worker or group?

subzero
02-12-2011, 10:55 PM
There is no blanket 'this company hires felons' statement that's going to hold up universally. I've spoken to companies who've said they would hire for certain jobs and with some charges excluded. I've been told Home Depot hires felons around here - Massachusetts - but have been told by them directly that they do not.

I just saw an ad where a company said as long as there were no arrests in the last three years. Also when I see ads that are very specific about drug testing and other things but mention nothing about a criminal record I'm betting some of them don't care as long as you are not using drugs.

I filled out an app a couple of weeks ago where they asked if I was a member of the communist party. I'm like you've got to be kidding right? I also saw job ads for people to shovel snow off of roofs around here because they are buckling under the snow's weight and one of them said they were running background checks.

camilee
02-14-2011, 07:15 AM
I have a list I can email of companies in Utah. I need information on any companies in Wisconsin! Message me your email addy if you need the Utah one.

AceySpade
02-16-2011, 01:24 AM
I have a list I can email of companies in Utah. I need information on any companies in Wisconsin! Message me your email addy if you need the Utah one.

My email is AceySpade@gmail.com

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LEND A HAND:D:)

cscscs007
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I know in Nebraska you can walk in a packing house and most will hire you without any questions.

tara16881
03-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Anyone know anywhere in Pa ...He will be home this month and he will be eager to find work

Nascar1980
03-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Im looking for a job in Dallas Texas can anyone help I used to own and run a cleaning restoration company for about 5 years and after that i was a caregiver.. Being a cargiver is were my hearts at Can anyone help

jenskee812
04-13-2011, 08:47 AM
im looking in philadelphia pa

AnnLaurel
04-16-2011, 12:02 PM
If you hear of any, please let me know. I am so tired of getting turned down. I was thinking of starting my own agencies strictly for felons.

AnnLaurel
04-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Has anyone found any RN jobs that hire felons. I am finding that these big companies will not even talk to you. I need to find something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:)

Crone
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Hello, my name is Bob Bordonaro, I live in Arlington, TX. I am on unemployment, but it runs out at the end of 6/10. I have an aggravated assault charge from 2001. I have 15+ yrs customer service/collections experience. They love my resume, until they find out I am an ex-con. Any suggestions or advice, leave a message on Prison Talk, at my e-mail at (removed per PTO Policy; please pm member), or call my cell at (removed per PTO Policy). I am willing to do just about anything, as long as it's legal :O)!!!

Bob, I hope you have found work since you posted this. I'm sorry for the late response. Times are tough for everyone out there - felon or not. Have you considered your own service/collections business?

courtneylashley
01-22-2013, 07:46 AM
there is walmart and target and some of the grocery companies.....

pretty much everyone seems to be going to prison these days and most employers want to see that youa ther to workand are trying to gop forward with life, Ask a prison preventers worker for any imfo om this.. also airports cafes or malls coffee shops .. best of luck

do you know of a website for prison preventor ? cant seem to find them

lack10
01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
We live in the US of A. And this is what you have to look towards to. Begging to work at Walmart.

One again. The gays mades a stance, The illegals made a stance. When will we make one

PurpleLuvin
02-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi my guy comes out in 2015 I'm trying to get information in advance about finding him work in construction in New York hopefully around upstate

Offshoot
02-04-2013, 02:40 AM
I think if he's union he shouldn't have too much of a hard time finding construction or trade work. I've talked to guys in jail and they never had problems with work afterwards because they were in trade unions.

Robin2006
02-08-2013, 02:39 PM
How about in Texas?

drobs85
04-23-2013, 06:44 PM
We live in the US of A. And this is what you have to look towards to. Begging to work at Walmart.

One again. The gays mades a stance, The illegals made a stance. When will we make one

Your dead on here. Having to beg for work like this is a third world country.

subzero
05-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Coca Cola does a 7 year background check. I was told that by a Coca Cola recruiter. They offered me a job contingent on a drug test and a 7 year background check which means they should hire me. We'll see.

tldoctor
06-24-2013, 11:32 PM

My friend runs affordablefinancialsol.com. He's a decent guy and he'll hire commission based sales people when they're ex felons. He won't hire them as investigators or collectors due to licensing issues and the investigative access he has (which is substantial)! I know that he hires ex-felons on a case by case basis, however he shy's away from pre-meditated murderers, rapists and child molestors. Other than that, since its commission based, it should be a problem to get a job with him.

One piece of advice though, him, like many other employers, always run criminal history checks, so don't lie about the criminal history. I sent one person to him that said there was a statuatory rape conviction on his record, but it was 20 years ago and the age difference was 2 years. LOL! The guy lied to a professional investigator. Not that bright.... Turns out the age difference was 10 years and it was forcible rape and more. He blacklisted the guy from his agency and all similar agencies in his area. Moral of the story - Be honest!

babygirl350
06-25-2013, 12:22 AM
This is a pretty old thread, however if you are desperate enough, I have a few to add. I am in Kentucky, but these opportunities exists in other states as well because they are all not headquartered here. THERE IS ONE CATCH, YOU HAVE TO BE HONEST ABOUT THE FELONYS.

Pella Windows

Webber Grills

Barge Companies - This one can be tricky because if you have to report to a parole officer, it may not work for you. Sometimes they are out for a period of time. The only name of 1 Barge company I know of is Ingram. I am not advertising, I just don't know of any other names.

Leowoman
07-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I got a job with Darden Restaurants not long ago. They run Red Lobster, and Olive Garden among others. The job didn't last, but that was this particular situation, and nothing to do with the company, as far as I know. There tends to be lots of turnover in these jobs and we parted company on good terms. In any case, they didn't seem to care much about a felony conviction when it came to hiring. I would consider Darden, especially if you have food service experience.

My hubby had a much different experience with Red Lobster. They were holding an open interview for many positions and the manager came out in the lobby and specifically told my hubby that the position he was applying for was filled and he could leave. He applied for "any" position and nobody else was told to leave.

I'm currently in the middle of a project of emailing corporations and getting their official stance of hiring felons. I've posted the response I got from McDonald's in my blog.

desertflower
07-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I posted in the SO forum that I went for an interview at Fairfield Inn yesterday and once the lady found out that I was a felon she said she had to end the interview since my felonies were too recent and I would not pass the background check and said maybe if it was 10 to 20 years ago then maybe. I did ask how many years had to pass before I could be considered she said she did not know then said 10 to 20 years. She told me that before I waste other people's time to write on the app what my felonies were but I know that will give me zero interviews. I will continue to write will discuss at interviews because the majority of my interviews have told me they appreciated my honesty. If you are considering Fairfield inn look elsewhere.