View Full Version : Example of a support letter written by an Inmate? (to Parole Board)

Chocolategirl
12-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Do any one know where I can find an example of an imate's support letter? I mean one for an inmate to send the parole board.

Chocolategirl
12-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Never mind, I have been looking all day as soon as I was about to stop I found it. Thanks

Date
Full Name
TDCJ #
Address
City, Texas Zip

Honorable Members of The Parole Board
Texas Board Of Pardons and Parole
P. O. Box 13401
Capital Station
Austin, Texas 78711-3401

Dear Honorable Members of The Parole Board,

I am writing this support letter for your attention to my efforts towards rehabilitation in the hope of being accepted for parole. I have accumulated over 100 per cent of my time. I have not lost any good time or work time. I have completed all required regional treatment programs.
I have learned in the intervention class through intensive study what brought me to the place I am now. I take full responsibility for the crime I committed of __________ that has brought me to this place. I am able to admit that I have a problem and I will never be able to ______________________. I believe that being incarcerated for this crime has saved my life. I know that I would not have been able to __________________ without help and the time spent in prison has been a positive experience which has given me the opportunity to learn the steps to take to never _______________. I have a greater awareness of ________ and I am prepared to do what ever it takes to continue with ___________ and succeed in my recovery.
My goal on release from prison is to continue with my ______________and be the best husband, father and son to my family I can be. I want to be a law abiding, productive citizen and provide for my family in a way they deserve. I am very fortunate that I have a large family and friend support system in place. They all encouraged me to learn all I can about while here. They have told me that I can count on them to provide support when I need it after I am released from prison and return home.
Prior to incarceration I had a successful business in ______________. I have transportation so getting to my job will not pose a problem.
In conclusion, I know that with all I have learned from my incarceration and the support I have from my family and friends I will be able to make a positive transition back into the free world never to return again to prison. I thank you for your time and consideration for this review for my parole.

Sincerely,
Signature
Full Name
TDCJ#

MoMo
12-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the example. I will warn people to make sure that your loved ones that are in prison not to copy this word for word. You can use it as a basic format but if the parole board starts receiving multible copies of the same letter the effectivness won't be what it should.