View Full Version : New York Transportation -2005-

Britt24KLinks
01-04-2005, 12:46 PM
My brother is in Moriah Shock and as far as I know, the only bus that goes there is Operation Prison Gap which is a piece of ---- service. My mom and his girl went this past sunday and they got them to the visit at 11am and they made them go back at 2pm. They missed out on 3 hours worth of visit time. They promised them a discount but only for the fact that they made them leave an hour early, not for their mistake of miscalculating time and getting there late.

Does anyone know of any other bus that goes to Moriah Shock??

SEKc718
01-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey Everone Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!
The Owner Of A Van Service Is Trying To Get A Van To Go To Camphill From New York But He Needs More People...
If N E 1 Is Interested Call Justin 646-294-1180.... Peace

SEKc718
01-04-2005, 04:26 PM
HELPPPP!! TRYING TO GET TO SCI CAMPHILL BY BUS OR VAN. WENT THRU ALMOST 20 #'S WITH NO LUCK..............
HELP!!!!!:banghead: :argh: :cry:

TamaraH0838
01-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Im looking for a van service in philadelphia pa going to allenwood,pa any body know any or is ther anyone from philly going to allenwood pa whos driving or would help drive

laflor
01-20-2005, 09:10 PM
:thumbsup: Does anyone know of any bus service that goes to Wende. What is the length of the trip as well. Any info appreciated

usopwilly
01-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Hi, I heard that F&M Bus service to Barehill, Upstate and Franklin now charges 75 bucks! I lost the number to them and I plan on going next month for the last time to take his coming home clothes. Has anyone heard about this?

clarkslady
01-26-2005, 03:41 PM
F&M I ride with every week it is only 55 dollars to ride with them every week there number is 718-949-0813

Vondiefox
01-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Hi , does anyone know of a Bus or Van Service that does Trailer visits to Attica . My husband and I were just approved , but I have no clue as to weather I should take Amtrack , Grey hound , an bus or vanservice will be so much more convienient
Or If there is anyone from NYC who has had trailers at Attica can share with me their travel plans.
I would really appreciate it

LadyCalista68
02-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Hello everyone,
This is the first time I am going to see my hubby since they sent him upstate. He is in Groveland CF. I am going to see him on Saturday 2/5/05. I am using Unity Bros. this time, but if anyone knows of a free service that goes there, it would be greatly appreciated since I am on a fixed income right now, and with 3 kids, I really can't afford the $50 to go more often than once every other month. I live in the Bronx, NY.

dutchess
02-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Hello PTO NY Family,

There are 2 bus services I need to let everyone know about for your safety if you don't already know about them. There is Carl's Van Service and Island Transportation service. There was an article in a Pennsylvania newspaper about Carl's and how he falls asleep behind the wheel. I was trying to find the website with the article that someone told me about but was unsuccessful Then there is Island, the driver is driving without a license which we know is against the law. We all want to see our loved ones but we also want to have a safe trip there and home. If anyone can find the article about Carl's that would be great to read.

Hope everyone has a safe trip on there next vist.

niqueke
02-12-2005, 10:40 PM

niqueke
02-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I just got home from my valentines day trip to adirondack on operation prison gap. Long Trip! The same bus goes up there everyweeked! the same dirty, roach infested, broken seated, broken down on us 2 times, bus. I need help I cannot find any other way to get there. When i bring my kids I drive because they want 60 for me and 30 for my kids to ride this bus(the vcr has been broken for months now). If anyone knows another service to adirondack please post I cant take too much more of prison gap!!

dutchess
02-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Hello PTO NY Family,

There are 2 bus services I need to let everyone know about for your safety if you don't already know about them. There is Carl's Van Service and Island Transportation service. There was an article in a Pennsylvania newspaper about Carl's and how he falls asleep behind the wheel. I was trying to find the website with the article that someone told me about but was unsuccessful. Then there is Island, the driver is driving without a license which we know is against the law. We all want to see our loved ones but we also want to have a safe trip there and home. If anyone can find the article about Carl's that would be great to post.

Hope everyone has a safe trip on there next vist.

RedHotAndSassy
02-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Hi all,

I live in staten island and I want to drive to visit my friend at downstate cf. I've seen directions in line but they look like beginning point is albany. I'm looking for directions from s.i. Via..gothals, otterbridge, verrazano bridges. Do I go thought NJ tp or through bqe....I haven't a clue. Also a friend of mine said that some jails require that you get approval to visit. is this true of downstate? If anyone can give me this info i'd appreciate it. Oh....can you bring food into your loved one such as home made stuff to eat at visit???

Linda

jasonsonlyboo
02-20-2005, 09:21 AM
MY baby is in Mid-State and i take Flamboyant Bus Company for 55$
Flamboyant is the only one that takes night visits that I know of.

Just wanted to know how you get up to the prison, and how much it costs.

chinikfb
02-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Peace....I travel to Sing Sing and although I drive, my sense of directions is horrible. So I keep it simple and take the Metro North line in the Bronx. The ride is short and comfortable. Taxis are always there at the stop to take those of us to Sing Sing. That cost is one dollar. Prior to Sing Sing, my Beloved was housed at Otisville. For those visits I traveled via Manny Bus Service which picked us at a location (Hostos Community College) in the Bronx. That trip was 30.00 roundtrip. If I had to choose, I rather travel to Otisville...like that prison far better than Sing Sing. Blessings...

Manzanita
02-20-2005, 09:48 AM
I go with friends and it costs about $50 for the trip and food...

(I moved this post here, because this is a better place for it :)

jasonsonlyboo
03-09-2005, 08:20 PM
The first time I went to go see my baby I used, MAnny's. They didn't make any stops and there wasn't any heat. The last two times I used Flamboyant which was such a drastic change. They made several stops and made it to mid-state on time.

So a thumbs up to flamboyant:thumbsup:

thumbs down to manny's:blah:

chinikfb
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Peace....Sorry to hear that you had bad experiences with Manny...I used his service many times while traveling to Otisville; had no issues...the rides were comfortable. None the less I am pleased that you found a satisifying service. Blessings...

laflor
03-11-2005, 04:50 AM
I also used Manny's when my boo was in Otisville and he was very reliable, we were always on time and the bus was always empty which was great. Now that he is in Wallkill I use Rosie's I have no complaints but the first time I went with her was total disaster I was told that I would be pick-up at 4:30 I didn't get picked up til 9:30 :( I was upset hungry you name it. By the time I got to Wallkill it was 12 noon and by the time I turned around visiting hours were over. But it was cool the next time she compensated me on a discount.

usopwilly
03-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Tomorrow my man is released, he thought he was going to be taken to Platsburgh to catch the bus to NYC but he was told by an inmate that a bus comes to the jail and goes to NYC he does not know the name of that bus. I'm suppose to pick him up in NYC but it's confusing. Anyone know anything about this?

Ken'sWife
03-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Call the facility, I am sure that they will know. Good luck and congrats on your man coming home!

dantesgurl73
03-14-2005, 11:25 PM
hi i was wondering if anyone knows of a bus line that goes to barehill from elmira or some other city close to elmira going to bare hill? thank you

LiLoNe220
03-15-2005, 09:10 PM
I want to go to schuylkill minersville pa from new york anyone know any numbers that is active and i can call soon...thank you
JLove....

luvhunter
03-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi my name is Jessica and I need to know where I can catch a bus or train to see my boyfriend in Cape Vincent Correctional Facitlity. I am not sure where I can I have been driving myself crazy trying to find one that goes from Newburgh, NY to Cape Vincent. Please someone help me so I can go see my baby.
Thank you,
Jessica

geneva11798
03-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi all I was wondering is there any kind of buses from Long Island to The upstate prisons such as CLINTON!!!

girlface
03-29-2005, 07:08 PM
I have yet to go visit my Charles but I'm planning a trip real soon. What I found was two bus services that go to pretty much all the prisons upstate.
Operation Prison Gap # 800-734-3733 & Double K Transportation 718-495-4991 From what I have gathered they both leave from W. 58th st & Broadway. Once you are in the city you can get there by taking the 1-9, the ACE or the F train to 59th street and then you just walk down - it's pretty much Columbus circle. One bus leaves @ 1AM and The other @ 2AM - but call and make sure. It's $45 dollers and you pay on the bus. You get a round trip ticket and you should get home around 8PM. Again, I have never done this, the info is what they told me when I called. If anyone knows what the visiting room regulations are for great meadow correctional facility or where I can find that out please let me know, I'd hate to get there and have them give me a hard time for some reason.

girlface
03-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I have yet to go visit my Charles but I'm planning a trip real soon. What I found was two bus services that go to pretty much all the prisons upstate.
Operation Prison Gap # 800-734-3733 & Double K Transportation 718-495-4991 From what I have gathered they both leave from W. 58th st & Broadway. Once you are in the city you can get there by taking the 1-9, the ACE or the F train to 59th street and then you just walk down - it's pretty much Columbus circle. One bus leaves @ 1AM and The other @ 2AM - but call and make sure. It's $45 and you pay on the bus. You get a round trip ticket and you should get home around 8PM. Again, I have never done this, the info is what they told me when I called. If anyone knows what the visiting room regulations are for great meadow correctional facility or where I can find that out please let me know, I'd hate to get there and have them give me a hard time for some reason.

girlface
03-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Hi all I was wondering is there any kind of buses from Long Island to The upstate prisons such as CLINTON!!!
LIRR to Penn Station. Take the ACE from Penn station uptown to 59th st columbus circle - Walk to the corner of 58th st & Broadway. I know for sure that these buses go to Clinton. They leave @ 1AM and you pay on the bus ($45) I know this because I have to do the same thing. See my other post for the bus company numbers if you have questions. In fact you should call to make sure I'm right about when the bus leaves.
800 734-3733
or
718 495-4991

LadyCalista68
03-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Hello all,
I am going to Groveland for a visit on Saturday April 2nd. If anyone is going up there by car from the 5 boroughs, I would greatly appreciate a ride. I would chip in on gas, etc. If not, I will be going with Corky (Unity Bros). He is a great driver, but if I can shave off a few dollars from my trip, it would be great. Thanks in advance. Blessed be.

Sami:thumbsup:

freem2
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Hey everyone I just got back today from visiting my baby for the first time in UIster Correctional Facility in New York..... I have some numbers to some vans that pick in 145th st and Grand Concourse in the Bronx, 125 st Harlem parts of the Bronx and parts of queens.

The charges are 35.00 or 40.00 dollars Round Trip.... some of the buses provide door to door service... just call and make reservations.

718-893-4074

718-940-7477

718-444-6791

917-326-1077

Most of these buses pick up at 6:00 in the morning... the visits are from 9-2p.m you get to spend the whole day with your love one. You could take inside with you money... make sure you take singles to take pictures and alot of change to buy drinks, and food from vending machines that are on the visiting area. you get to get up buy food heat up and eat with them,, you also get to play games with them like cards dominos checkers. Besides the fact that i had to leave him behind i had a great time.

freem2
04-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey everyone... I was wondering if anyone here has traveling information of how to get from New York City to Shock at Lakeview.

My fiancee will going that way next week I have no idea how to get there.... please if you have any information PM me as soon as possible. Thank you.

beutyfull
04-18-2005, 10:44 PM
My husband is currently enrolled in the program at Lakeview. I do not know whether you want to get there by bus or car but if it is by bus then maybe I could help . The bus that I took to go to Lakeview was flambouyant and their number is 718 325 6784. After your man gets to lakeview he will be in reception, that is where they double ckeck to see if he qualifies, and if he qualifies he must make a decision whether he wants the program or not. If he accepts the staff members would make a decision whether he would do the program there or at another facility. Meanwhile he will stay in lakeview untill the next graduating class in order for him to receive a space. In reception visiting at lakeview is every saturday from 9 to 3. The flambouyant bus that goes to lakeview leaves at 10 or 11pm on a friday and gets there like around 8. The bus leaves at 2:30 from lakeview, so you must be in the bus by that time. The trip is $65, take 10$ in quarters or more for food in the vending machines,oh and if you like to eat like me then it would be a good idea to take junk food on the bus, remember it is about 20 hours to go and come back. Have a good one! :thumbsup:

freem2
04-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey, Thank You so much for all the information... finally found somebody to help me out.
I have a couple of questions: How long is the visit for... is it the whole day...9-2 on sat while in reception.... and what about once they join the program i know visits is only on Sundays from 9-2 twice a month.

You visited your man while he was in reception?

Could u describe a little bit about how the visit is?

Thank you again for posting valuable information

My husband is currently enrolled in the program at Lakeview. I do not know whether you want to get there by bus or car but if it is by bus then maybe I could help . The bus that I took to go to Lakeview was flambouyant and their number is 718 325 6784. After your man gets to lakeview he will be in reception, that is where they double ckeck to see if he qualifies, and if he qualifies he must make a decision whether he wants the program or not. If he accepts the staff members would make a decision whether he would do the program there or at another facility. Meanwhile he will stay in lakeview untill the next graduating class in order for him to receive a space. In reception visiting at lakeview is every saturday from 9 to 3. The flambouyant bus that goes to lakeview leaves at 10 or 11pm on a friday and gets there like around 8. The bus leaves at 2:30 from lakeview, so you must be in the bus by that time. The trip is $65, take 10$ in quarters or more for food in the vending machines,oh and if you like to eat like me then it would be a good idea to take junk food on the bus, remember it is about 20 hours to go and come back. Have a good one! :thumbsup:

freem2
04-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah i forgot.... where does the bus pick up from and is that bus comfortable.. cause that is a very long trip....:confused:

starzzmom
04-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Anyone know of a bus/van from preferably Queens to Southport? But info from anywhere to Southport would be greatly appreciated. I know there was a bus/van that left from Rego Park but I can't remember who, or where they went, it was like 10 years ago!
Thanks!!!!

Manzanita
04-27-2005, 09:34 PM
http://www.prisonhelp.com/

try this site...

starzzmom
04-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks Mrs. G.
It was very helpful.That company I was talking about is still around, but doesn't go to Southport, not many do.

barrio115st
04-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone. My boo is in Fairton NJ. I use to travel there with a friend in his car but since there loved one is now moved to fort dix I need to travel alone. If anyone on here knows of any travel info by van or bus from NYC to Fairton it would be greatly appreciated. I really miss my sweety and I must go make a visit before he is moved to Miami Florida. ;)

Manzanita
04-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Sorry Starzzzmom, did you find anything?

Welcome Barrio! :)

barrio115st
05-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanx for the great info I am gonna check it out. I only live a few blocks from 125th st so this would be a good route to take. :D

There Is A New Transportion Company In NYC That Is Going To All State Correctional Facilties.The Companys Name Is Unity Transportation And The Telephone Number Is 212-996-5896 Or 1877 Unity 55
There Prices Range From 25- 40 Dollars There employess are professional And They Leave From 125 St And 7th Ave. we have all been looking for other ways of transportion to our loved ones heres another company that will allow us to do so :thumbsup:

SKITTLES524
05-19-2005, 08:11 PM
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A BUS SERVICE TO ALTONA BESIDES PRISON GAP, I HEARD OF MANY NIGHTMARE STORIES

Manzanita
05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Has anyone ever taken the Trailways bus to New Paltz station? From NYC?

SKITTLES524
05-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi all,

I live in staten island and I want to drive to visit my friend at downstate cf. I've seen directions in line but they look like beginning point is albany. I'm looking for directions from s.i. Via..gothals, otterbridge, verrazano bridges. Do I go thought NJ tp or through bqe....I haven't a clue. Also a friend of mine said that some jails require that you get approval to visit. is this true of downstate? If anyone can give me this info i'd appreciate it. Oh....can you bring food into your loved one such as home made stuff to eat at visit???

LindaYOU HAVE TO TAKE THE TACONIC STATE PARKWAY AND IT WILL TAKE YOU DIRECTLY THERE, THEN GET OFF ON EXIT RT 52 FISHKILL AND CARMEL TAKE LEFT AT LIGHT AND JUST KEEP GOING STRAIGHT UNTIL YOU SEE THE SIGN FOR DOWNSTATE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY. NO YOU DONOT NEED PRIOR APPROVAL FOR VISIT THEY JUST ASK YOU TO CALL THE NIGHT BEFORE TO MAKE SURE THE INMATE IS STILL THERE FOR A VISIT. THE NUMBER IS 845-831-6600 MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PERSONS DIN #. NO YOU CANNOT BRING HOME MADE FOOD TO EAT JUST BRING ENOUGH SINGLES OR CHANGE FOR THE FOOD VENDING MACHINES

SKITTLES524
05-20-2005, 06:30 PM
does anyone know this? someone had asked me... THE BEST VAN SERVICE THAT I KNOW OF IS CJ EXPRESS THE # IS 877-202-3200 AND IF YOU GO ON HIS WEBSITE: WWW.CJEXPRESSNY.COM (http://www.CJEXPRESSNY.COM) AND REGISTER TO MAKE A RESERVATION HE GIVES A DISCOUNT OF $5.00 OFF. I HAVE TAKEN HIM NUMEROUS OF TIMES AND HE PICKS YOU UP DOOR TO DOOR AND IS VERY RELIABLE.

lilmissfancy22
05-26-2005, 01:16 AM
hi i would like to know how would i get transportation to oneida from manhatten.

lilmissfancy22
05-26-2005, 01:34 AM
can anyone tell me about getting to oneida from manhatten bronx or brooklyn

kaysdaddy
07-04-2005, 11:06 PM
hi i need info on van or bus serivce from new york city to Adirondak correctional facility it is located in the clinton hub unfortunatly i have not found any info about this facility i think it may be little far cause all the bus companys i call they all say no we don't go up there can someone please supply some info on this facility i need to see my honey by the end of this month THAnkS

Manzanita
07-08-2005, 06:42 AM
HI, did you check the bus van service numbers thread above? I am sorry I cannot help more, Good Luck. try these three links....

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98140&highlight=adirondack
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90804&highlight=adirondack
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66899&highlight=adirondack

Ro's Girl
07-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi All!

I am planning on taking a weeknd trip up to Clinton CC. I intend to take Greyhound on a Friday night which will arrive at 6:00am in Plattsburgh, then go directly to the facility from the Bus, do the visit, and then go check into the hotel. Is 6:00 am too late though? I am not sure what time the Busses arrive, and I hope to sign in before they get there? can anyone give me any input.

Thanks Ladies!

Wife C
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi,
6 a.m. isn't too late. They don't begin giving out numbers until 6 so that's good. Well it's been 2 years since my husband was there but that's how it was being done then. Have a good visit.:)

babytshka
07-30-2005, 11:36 PM
hello,6am isn't too late,actually you'll be early as the visits start at 8:30. i used to take grey hound too and arrive at 6 am.the lowest taxi fair is 20 bucks from plattsburgh to clinton.the ones at the grey hound stop are fairly good.have a nice trip.

Ro's Girl
08-02-2005, 08:10 AM
THANK YOU!!!!

Hi,
6 a.m. isn't too late. They don't begin giving out numbers until 6 so that's good. Well it's been 2 years since my husband was there but that's how it was being done then. Have a good visit.:)

Ro's Girl
08-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Thank you!!!!!

hello,6am isn't too late,actually you'll be early as the visits start at 8:30. i used to take grey hound too and arrive at 6 am.the lowest taxi fair is 20 bucks from plattsburgh to clinton.the ones at the grey hound stop are fairly good.have a nice trip.

starzzmom
08-03-2005, 09:56 PM
I went to visit 2 months ago. We got there at 10 a.m. figuring all the bus people would be in already, and we would glide right in. we didn't get into the visit room until after 12:00
On Sunday the girl I went with made me go to the hospitality house at midnite so we can be the first one there (a little extreme in my opinion) The busses (Prison Gap, etc..) start to arrive at 4:30, so to be ahead of that whole crowd it's better to get there earlier. They do start the list as soon as the officer gets there which is 4 or 4:30. Ro's girl, are you going this weekend? Because I will be visiting also. Maybe we can met and say hi.

nadi
08-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Can some please give me or tell me how to find directions to greenhaven from brooklyn and how long does it take?

LilBabyL
08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Start out going EAST on ERASMUS ST toward NOSTRAND AVE.<0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('0','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt2q%26FDT7 w%7cq6z5hr%24%2e0a15hy%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26zr0u%40 rwu%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2aE%14QXO%2a5uyrw0%40%5falfrw 5%40%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26f2w9%40%3aHOHQJ%3bw70qft% 3a%29zbwqfr%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40%240u0%24%3dTPGp2h sQxolve%2cCMN%17MJAD%245uyrw0%40%5falfrw5%407%3aq' );)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_right2:Turn RIGHT onto NOSTRAND AVE.<0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('1','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6z5ha%24.0a15hw%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5uyrw0%40%5Falfrwq% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y7l%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6z55f%24. 0a15ha%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40z2l%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r2gw1a%26%3Dtxhw15%26%3Dy%3A9' );)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_right3:Turn RIGHT onto SNYDER AVE.0.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('2','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6z55y%24.0a1slr%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5uyrgh%40%5Falfrwl% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y7x%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6z554%24. 0a1s50%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40z2q%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r2gwyw%26%3Dtxhw1x%26%3D2%3A%2 901%3A%29u%24.g%407%3A%29ua%3A%29u%24.0%407%3A%29u 7%3A%29u%24.14');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_right4:Turn RIGHT onto FLATBUSH AVE.1.8 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('3','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6z0uf%24.0a10lf%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%264ta94%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq6z554%24.0a1s50%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40z2q%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw700ab%3A%29z bwgf8%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%240u4%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245uyrgd%40%5Falf8g1%402g%26%3Dr%3A h%40%5Fx%26f%24.1%40y%3A%290%240%26%3D2%3A9a%24.1% 40y%3A%290%24g%26%3Da%3Al%40%5Fn%264%24.9%40y%3A%2 90%245%266%24x%26%3D2%3A5%407%3Ad%407%3A1%407%3A0% 40%5Fl%26z%24.0%402s%26%3D22%26z%24.q%40z%3A%294%2 4xl%40%5Fll%40y%3A%29y%24x0%40%5Fl0%40z%3A%29a%24l %26%3D2%3A9%40%5Fn%260%24.9');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_slight_right5:Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto GRAND ARMY PLZ.<0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('4','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6zal4%24.0a10hy%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5uytxl%40%5Falfzwd% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y7s%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6zaly%24. 0a10h4%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40z2g%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r2gzbx%26%3Dtxhy1s%26a%242');) http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_fork_right26:Keep RIGHT at the fork to continue on GRAND ARMY PLZ.<0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('5','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6zalr%24.0a10h4%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5uytxg%40%5Falfzwd% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y70%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6zalf%24. 0a10hw%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40z20%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r2gzb0%26%3Dtxhy1s%26a%24n');) http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_slight_left7:Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto FLATBUSH AVE.1.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('6','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6zg9a%24.0a1ad0%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26ar01r%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq6zalf%24.0a10hw%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40z20%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw705ry%3A%29z bw561%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%240ur%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245uytxh%40%5Falfzwq%40r%3A%29a%24l %26%3Da%3A9%40%5Fx%26u%24.1%40a%3A%29a%24x%26%3Db% 3Ad%40%5F5%26y%24.q%40y%3A%29y%245%26%3Db%3Ad%40%5 Fx%26y%24.d%402n%26%3Dy%3Ad%40%5F5%26y%24.q%4022%2 6%3Dt%3A0%40%5Fs%26w%24.l%4022%26%3Dy%3A96%24.g%40 b%3A%290%24w%26%3Dy%3Ad%40%5Fx%26w%24.l%40b%3A%29u %24x%26%3Db%3Ag%40%5F5%264%24.q%402%3A%29u');)http ://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_slight_right8:Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto FLATBUSH AVE EXT.0.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('7','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6zw10%24.0a1g14%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26u8slr%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq6zg5r%24.0a1guf%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40z25%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw70h48%3A%29z bw5wa%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%240uf%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245uyyg5%40%5Falfy2h%40a%3Au%401%3A %29w%240%26%3Db%3A0%40%5F5%26r%24.q%40b%3A%29u%24s %26%3Db%3A5%40%5F5%260%24.9%4022%26%3D8%3A0%40%5F5 ');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_slight_right9:Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto TILLARY ST.0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('8','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6zwdz%24.0a1gla%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5uy1sd%40%5Falfy51% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y7w%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6zwdr%24. 0a1g1a%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40znu%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r2gf8s%26%3Dtxhrrl%26a%24n%26u %24n%26%3D2%3A5%407%3Ah');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://mq-signs.websys.aol.com/?s=rs&t=RS00001CO&n=278&d=EAST&v=10:Merge onto I-278 E via the ramp on the LEFT toward TRIBORO BR (Portions toll).11.2 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('9','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6t55r%24.0a1x54%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%260rsh41%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw70h4y%3A%29zbw50b% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24096%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr2562g%26% 3Dtxhuza%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Agu2%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6zwdr%24.0a1g1a%24s%26u12 %26uyx%26u22%26u7x%26ut0%26w7%3A06%24sq%4085%26ay% 3A9rt%3A06%24w9%40axl%40%5Fnu4%24l1%40%5Fn1w%24a0% 40%5Fg9%40tx%26%3Drx%26uzl%26ubn');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://mq-signs.websys.aol.com/?s=rs&t=RS00001CO&n=278&d=EAST&v=11:Merge onto BRUCKNER EXPY / I-278 E via EXIT 47 toward NEW HAVEN.2.6 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('10','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6yn1z%24.0ayw0u%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%264709u%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq6y29r%24.0a1ngz%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zn9%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7g1az%3A%29z bg0zr%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24090%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245ur7n5%40%5Falf200%40b%3Al%40a%3A 9%402%3A9%40a%3Al%40r%3Ad%40b%3A96%24x%26y%24n%264 %24s%26r%24x%264%24n%26a%24a%26u8%3Aq%40y%3A9y%24x g%4080%26z1%3A96%24nl%408l%264b%3A5%4022%26u%24n%2 6a%24l%26a%245%264%24a%264%24g%26y%24g%260%240%26u %24n1%402%3Aq%40t%3Ada%24x%260r');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_gr_exitright12:Take the exit toward BRONX RIVER PKWY NORTH.0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('11','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6yllz%24.0ayaga%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5uraxg%40%5Falrtaq% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y2l%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6yllr%24. 0ayada%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40znl%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r250b0%26%3Dtx5zt5%26u%24g%26u %24nl');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_straight13:Stay STRAIGHT to go onto BRUCKNER BLVD.0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('12','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6ylqu%24.0ayaly%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5urax5%40%5Falrtsl% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y2x%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6ylqa%24. 0aya9f%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40znq%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r250bg%26%3Dtx5z8x%26a%24nh%40 2%3Ah%407%3A9%402%3Ad');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_merge_right14:Merge onto BRONX RIVER PKWY N toward WHITE PLAINS.8.5 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('13','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6yguz%24.0aysqf%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%260z5g6z%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7g1wb%3A%29zbg0u1% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2409w%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr2hata%26% 3Dtx5at0%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Agu8%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6ylqa%24.0aya9f%24.g%40%5 Fx%26ubn%26%3D2x%26ur0%260b%3Ah6%24.5%402l9%40b%3A 16b%3A56%245q%40aw%26wa%3Ad%402al%402xl%4085%26ar% 3Ahz%24al%40bw%26%3D2x');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_slight_left15:Take SPRAIN BROOK PKWY N toward TACONIC PKWY.12.5 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('14','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cqu7lu6%24.0aylqz%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26ayn5ur%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7wlzt%3A%29zbglzz% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24094%24%3DTPWIK%2Crn96al%26% 3Dtx0fzx%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Aguz%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq61x0z%24.0ayx0y%24g0%40%5 Fn16%240d%40%5Fxd%402xu%40r5%264z%3Aq%402n1%401l%2 6u7g%260b%3A9u7%3A0y%24nu0%24nq%4015%26zr%3A5y%24n l%40zx%26w7%3Ag4%24a%26f2%3Adu%24ldy%24wl%4025u%40 %5Fl5%40y2%26y8');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_merge_right16:Merge onto TACONIC STATE PKWY N.35.5 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('15','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cqublhu%24.0atw56%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26u7s1y85%2 6w12%2607s%26ESEKGF%3DTPWIK%2Crn96al%26%3Dtx0fzx%2 6%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Aguz%3A%2AE%14QXO%2A59480u%40 %5Falztgh%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y2a%26%26FDEmvqjH qjwjg%7C%14D%13%13%17OHM%26w2nu0a%3A%29zbahyb%3Alr 8%3A%29070%2608g%2602%3A1zz%3A5u%24lhu%24.9w%24llr %24.d6%24ndy%245q%402l1%40%5Fnd%40tx%26%3D22u%40r2 h%40%5F50%40as9%402lh%40bn9%402lq%40anl%40yn%26uta %26z2%3A%29w%24.9u7%3A1ur%3A%29022%2608a%26%3D82%2 6uy0%2641%3A16b%3A162%3Al48%3A1wb%3A9yt%3A%29zy'); )http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_gr_exitright17:Take the RT-52 exit toward FISHKILL / CARMEL.0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('16','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cqu8s0u%24.0atah4%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A59480u%40%5Falztgh% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26y2a%26%26FDBBD%7Cqu8s50%24. 0atgu0%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zn5%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40rnd4z2%26%3Dtx0zyw%26z%24.1%40 8%3A%290%245%26%3Db%3Ag%40%5F0');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_right18:Turn RIGHT onto NY-52.1.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('17','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cqu809r%24.0ata94%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26uz0qr%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cqu8s50%24.0atgu0%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zn5%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw2sg4b%3A%29z bag0z%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2409f%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245948g1%40%5Falzy21%40t%3Ag%40y%3A g%408%3Ad%402w%26u8%3Aq%408%3Aq%408%3A9r%245u%40a% 3A0%40b%3A1w%24l%260z%3Au%40t%3A%29u%24ll%407%3A0' );)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_slight_left19:Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto NY-216.0.9 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('18','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cqu805w%24.0atsd0%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26urluy%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cqu80da%24.0at01y%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40znh%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw2s061%3A%29z baqz8%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24016%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%24594zsl%40%5Falzzlg%402l%26ur%3A90 %24ng%4022%260b%3Aq%402n%26y%24n1%402g%26wr%3Au%40 z%3A%290%24nu%40%5Fl%26r%24.1%40t');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_left20:Turn LEFT to stay on NY-216.0.5 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('19','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cqu8ad6%24.0at5gw%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26u125f%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cqu8auf%24.0at504%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zlu%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw2s0fa%3A%29z baq4a%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2401u%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%24594t2h%40%5Falzrad%408%3A9%40y%3A 9%40aa%26z%24xl%401%3A96%24s');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/rs_right21:Turn RIGHT to stay on NY-216.0.5 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('20','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt2q%26FDT7 w%7cqu8a5y%24%2e0at5uu%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26zz55%40 rwu%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2aE%14QXO%2a594tw1%40%5falzrs 1%40%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26yan%26%26FDEmvqjHqjwjg%7c %14D%13%13%17OHM%26w2s0fa%3a%29zbaq4a%3au%40r%3a9% 40y%3a%29u%24w%26%3d2%3a90%24%2e9%40r%3a%290%24a%2 6%3da%3ad%40%5fl%26z%24%2eq%40z%3a%290%24n9%402%3a g%40z%3a9y%245%26z%24l%260%3aHOHQJ%3bw2s0fa%3a%29z balw1%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40%24w9fa%3a');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqsite/icon-dirs-end22:End at [365-458] Route 216
Stormville, NY 12582, US Map (javascript:showManMap('21','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt2q%26FDT7 w%7cqu8ah0%24%2e0atxqf%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26zz55%40 rwu%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2aE%14QXO%2a594tw1%40%5falzrs 1%40%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26yan%26%26FDEmvqjHqjwjg%7c %14D%13%13%17OHM%26w2s0fa%3a%29zbaq4a%3au%40r%3a9% 40y%3a%29u%24w%26%3d2%3a90%24%2e9%40r%3a%290%24a%2 6%3da%3ad%40%5fl%26z%24%2eq%40z%3a%290%24n9%402%3a g%40z%3a9y%245%26z%24l%260%3aHOHQJ%3bw2s0fa%3a%29z balw1%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40%24w9fa%3a');)http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/space_white</IMG>Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 43 minutes Total Est. Distance: 78.44 miles

PhillyGurLL
08-18-2005, 11:11 AM
i need to go to greenhaven REALLY SOON! I have someone there to visit...It usually takes an hour and 1/2 from NYC......My husband is going to be on parole when he gets out in 12 days and can't visit with me...so I'm going to go within the next 12 days!

Manzanita
08-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Please post the vans, buses or ways you get to the facility you go to and how much it is and where it goes, from where to where...and the updated phone numbers

Update the list! ;) :thumbsup:

Bus, Van Service Numbers - Maps, Public Transportation Information, Travel Directions
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98140

MRSMILLER
08-23-2005, 08:13 AM
I usually take Mannys bus svc the charge is $45 but i only go to Comstock. They also have door to door Van svc such as Flamboyant and Mikes. If needed i can get the tel #'s for you.

Jaynell
08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
When i go to Five Points from New York i take Justin.. He picks up from the 5 boroughs. and it is $50.00...

nasty_boo
08-23-2005, 10:29 AM
i would have to say Corky is the man to go up to Wyoming/Attica ... it's $51 and he gets you there way ahead of time and as already said and he also drives pretty save which is a BIG plus to me!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Manzanita
08-23-2005, 05:57 PM
thanks so much ladies, I can add this to the list, if you all have phone numbers and they are not listed. :)

laflor
08-24-2005, 05:00 AM
I take Johnny's to Mid-Orange, his cost is $25 his number is 347-661-1246. His service is okay sometimes, his van doesn't have any air conditioner at times and beleive me with all these women it gets hot. But one things he is reliable and gets you there on time.

Ro's Girl
08-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi,

I am in desperate need to get up to Clinton next weekend, all the hotels require 3 day stays for the weekend because of the holiday so I am not going to drive or take greyhound. Does anyone have ANY info on a Van or bus line that goes that far. I ahve tried Lucas Tours, United Brothers, Qeensbridge Tours, all of those numbers are disconnected or not responding to my messages. Does anyone know any other Vans, or buses??

Thanks,
Zina

nasty_boo
08-26-2005, 11:51 AM
here are all the bus ...

http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98140

hope this one helps and have a safe trip!!! :thumbsup:

Ro's Girl
08-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks, I tried this list, most of the numbers are not in service, or don't go to Clinton. I am trying to find out if anyone personally knows of a service that they have used recently.

Manzanita
08-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Check out this site for more Van services and info:
http://www.prisonhelp.com/ click on Travel Information Link

Manzanita
08-26-2005, 05:41 PM
This is the Bus, Van Service Numbers List...

please update if and where you can!!!!!!

SDF027
08-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi

Can someone tell me if there is any other way besides van services to get to this Facility? And I don't drive. And if van services are the best way, do they pickup in Harlem and can you recommend a service? Thank you

kimc
08-28-2005, 09:47 PM
from the city you canget on the metro north..that will take you right into Beacon..There are always cabs there and downstate is about 5 mins from the train station...anynire questions feel free to pm me

babyboo745
09-01-2005, 02:36 PM
i need the number to flamboyant van service. please someone help me. ty

Manzanita
09-01-2005, 06:06 PM

Thanks

Bella521
09-09-2005, 09:01 AM
Hello if anyone could help me I would greately appreciate it. I am on Long Island NY and my fiance is located at the Downstate Correctional Facility, and I would like to know if anyone can tell me of any Charter Services from an easy location. I dont know how this works and I need some help I'm a first timer to the State Facility.. Please respond my first visit will be September 17th. Thank you and I hope to hear from someone. God Bless

Stephanie:confused:

lrs
09-17-2005, 02:54 PM
hi I'm looking for van service or someone who drives to fci schuikill from nyc. My loved one is there and I will love to pay him a visit. There is no services from nyc to this prison. Please help with any info that you can. ty

Mrs.Briggs05
09-19-2005, 05:09 PM
I went to Attica for the first time this weekend . I went up with a New Bus Company Jefferson -Carter Underground Corp.The trip was very comfortable & very safe :). I highly recommend this company to anyone going to some of the Upstate Facilities :thumbsup:. They are very affordable also.

Here is a little bit more information on this company :

Clinton , Attica , Wyoming , Wende and Albion adults $40 & children $20
Shawangunk , Wallkill Adults $25 & children $15

For reservations , Departure times, and Locations Call
T. Carter 347 210 1527 or W. Jefferson 347 675 2441

They also have

Mini - Bus Charter Services
25 passenger mini bus
18 passenger mini bus ( has capacity for 2 wheelchairs)

You can send me a message if your intrested I will email you a flyer . When you call just tell them Naheama sent you .

Manzanita
09-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Irs,
this is the right place to be!
Welcome, sorry if your posts went unnoticed. Sometimes it takes time for people to get to every post here :) I know you did not intend to, but you had the same posting here in NY three times, but I left this one ;)

Try this list, and if not....try PA Forum...

Pennsylvania Forum...
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Bella, I am sorry I did not get back to you either...forgive me please...

you can also try looking at the Van List above...I know of vans that go to Downstate, but from from the city, I am not sure there are any that go to LI, what do you mean by charter? A big bus? like Greyhound? sorry I am lost right now.

Mrs Briggs,

thanks so much for that valuable information! I know it will help someone! ;)

Manzanita
09-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi

Can someone tell me if there is any other way besides van services to get to this Facility? And I don't drive. And if van services are the best way, do they pickup in Harlem and can you recommend a service? Thank you

Kim is right
from the city you canget on the metro north..that will take you right into Beacon..There are always cabs there and downstate is about 5 mins from the train station...anynire questions feel free to pm me

it may cost more but it is worth a try, many do this route that I know of.

Niecey & Dave
09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
My fiance is at Gowanda Correctional Facility, and I was wondering if anyone else has a loved one that's at Gowanda? I need to go there on any even weekend day. If you have an even weekend day pleases let me know. Being that Collins is right next door to Gowanda a person going there would be able to help me as well. I live in Cheektowaga, New York a small suburb outside of Buffalo. Thanks to anyone that can help. Mr. George and Mr. Johnson don't drive vans anymore.
Niecey

email removed as per pto policy

L2LUBOO
09-21-2005, 06:40 PM
I was wondering if there is anyone that goes to the Gowanda CF from the Buffalo Area. If not can anyone tell me if there is a bus or van service to that facility from Buffalo. I don't know if this is where I should post this, but I would be greatful for any info. Thanks:)

Manzanita
09-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Ladies....do not post emails in public please...it is against PTO policy, thanks :)

Manzanita
09-21-2005, 07:02 PM
L2LUBOO,

hello and welcome! :) I moved this here for you? have you checked out the Prison profiles section, Gowanda is posted there and there is a lot of information for this facility...

start here.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19606

and here
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98140

See this link below for Gowanda Info:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82946

berniesangel
09-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know of a bus that goes to Five Points. I only know of flamboyant and i heard they are not too great. Pm me with any info.

Ritzy1211
09-28-2005, 03:58 PM
My son is at Camp Hill. I live in NYC. Is there any van service from NY/NJ/or Philadelphia to Camp Hill? Pls send me name and phone number and prices, if you have them. I plan to go up to visit this Saturday - I will travel to Harrisburg, stay in a hotel and take a cab to the facility on Saturday morning. I'm sure there's a cheaper way.

Welcome all suggestions...

Niightdrmr
09-28-2005, 10:54 PM
HI welcome to PTO I am going to move this to the NY forum since you are in NY - and I know the facility you are in reference too is in NY as well.....so I hope someone comes along soon and provides you with some answers!!!!! :)

Kelly

NeNa
09-28-2005, 11:37 PM
hey everyone!!

well quick question - does anyone know of a van or bus service that picks up in albany? i searched the forum and only found something from back in '03 and they dont run anymore to my knowledge.

i'm going to marcy and five points so does anyone know of any place or service...anything??

well any info is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

thanx

Ritzy1211
09-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Kelly, thanks for the response but I'm new at this so I apologize for my ignorance.
What do you mean 'you moved my question to NY'? Where do I go see if anyone responded?:confused:

NowHisWife
10-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Hey yall!!

Do any of you have bus information for those that may travel to Great Meadows, Comstock during the week? I tried Lucas Tours but someone who picked up the phone says they are no longer in existence.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:wave: :wave: :wave:

Manzanita
10-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Ritzy, people will answer yor postings about transportation here....

PBE,

if you need any help let us know

Manzanita
10-02-2005, 11:44 AM
nena,

Check out this site for more Van services and info:
http://www.prisonhelp.com/ click on Travel Information Link

NeNa
10-02-2005, 09:00 PM
thanx ma...but no luck. everyone comes up from the city and no stops in albany on the way up :blah:

Manzanita
10-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Someone asked me for vans that go to Shawangunk, anyone know of any? Thanks ;)

SHABOO4LIFE
10-05-2005, 01:08 AM
:help: :help: What buses go to Moriah Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility and wat can I and can't I wear? :help: :confused:

Manzanita
10-05-2005, 06:41 AM
all transportation questions go to this thread :) if you look at the first page, you will see a thread that lists the RULES for visiting....you will also find a link in Prison Profiles to Buses and Vans....

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85463

welcome and good luck!

Momma Ann
10-05-2005, 07:48 AM
could bring someone(s) BUT you have to get somewhere I can find you as I am not from this area--so the simpler the better! I will go up the NJ Turnpike to 287-to the Thruway (87) to 87 North if that helps.

NowHisWife
10-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Do any of you know of any buses to Great Meadows, Comstock NY??

Im trying to stay away from Prison Gap and Flamboyant......

Manzanita
10-06-2005, 07:51 PM
just a friend...I moved your question here :)

angel1104
10-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Do any of you know of any buses to Great Meadows, Comstock NY??

Im trying to stay away from Prison Gap and Flamboyant......

Those are the only two companies that I have found that leave from NYC and go to Lakeview. Is there a problem with these two companies? Can you please let me know what it is? Also does anyone know any other companies that go to Lakeview fro NYC? I'm tring to go this coming weekend and I really don't want to drive from Long Island up to lakview.
Thanks all
Angel

brooklynkitty82
10-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm tyring to get a bus or van service or just to catch a ride with someone going to mohawk or the surrounding jail please i will pay . Thanks i need to see my baby.

Mrs.Briggs05
10-13-2005, 02:56 PM
This is the flyer for Jefferson Carter bus company

angel1104
10-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Is anyone using prison gap to go up to lakeview tomorrow night??

lovelydangerous
10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm looking for a bus service that goes from Rochester, NY to cayuga cf or moravia NY?

ZipsWife
10-17-2005, 05:52 AM
:thumbsup: Lucas Tours goes to all NY Prisons. They offer DELUXE First Class transportation with on-board catered dining, dvd/video entertainment, wireless web service and internet, playstation and x-box video games for kids, and opportunities for FREE rides!
ALL FOR THE LOW FARE OF $40!! (Discounts also available)

Pick-Up locations in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan.

Buses To:
Albion, Attica, Auburn, Bare Hill, Butler, Cape Vincent, Cayuga, Clinton, Collins, Comstock, Elmira, Five Points, Franklin, Gouvernour, Gowanda, Great meadow, Lakeview, Lyon Mountain, Marcy, Mohawk, Mt. McGregor, Monterey Shock Incarceration Camp, Ogdensburg, Oneida, Orleans, Riverview, Southport, Upstate, Washington, Watertown, Wende, Willard, Wyoming, and more...
For more info please call (718) 607-8379 or (718) 729-9757
To View Their Ad Click Here: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33508

ZipsWife
10-17-2005, 05:57 AM
:thumbsup: Lucas Tours goes to all NY Prisons. They offer DELUXE First Class transportation with on-board catered dining, dvd/video entertainment, wireless web service and internet, playstation and x-box video games for kids, and opportunities for FREE rides!
ALL FOR THE LOW FARE OF $40!! (Discounts also available)

Pick-Up locations in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan.

Buses To:
Albion, Attica, Auburn, Bare Hill, Butler, Cape Vincent, Cayuga, Clinton, Collins, Comstock, Elmira, Five Points, Franklin, Gouvernour, Gowanda, Great meadow, Lakeview, Lyon Mountain, Marcy, Mohawk, Mt. McGregor, Monterey Shock Incarceration Camp, Ogdensburg, Oneida, Orleans, Riverview, Southport, Upstate, Washington, Watertown, Wende, Willard, Wyoming, and more...
For more info please call (718) 607-8379 or (718) 729-9757
To View Their Ad Click Here: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/att...chmentid=33508 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33508)

Manzanita
10-17-2005, 06:42 AM
They offer DELUXE First Class transportation with on-board catered dining, dvd/video entertainment, wireless web service and internet, playstation and x-box video games for kids

hmmmm, somehow I find this VERY hard to believe, LOL

and it does not go to ALL prisons...

thanks for posting, I believe this is already posted in the Buses And Vans Link.http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98140

Jaynell
10-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Has anyone taken Lucas to five points, or for that matter any where ?

PowandVonne
10-17-2005, 07:49 AM
hmmmm...I think I need to start a bus that goes from Albany to all prisons...I bet that would be a good money maker.

hooddiva
10-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know what train I would catch to go to Midstate during the week?I've been putting marriage on hold because we didn't know how I would get up there.I live in New York.Can anyone help?

PhillyGurLL
10-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Some of the van drivers/bus drivers go up during the week to accomodate people with trailers that are scheduled during the week. There is a list of them under transportation in new york here on PTO.....

luischristina
10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Im with you on the starting a bus that leaves out of albany idea!!!

hooddiva
10-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Some of the van drivers/bus drivers go up during the week to accomodate people with trailers that are scheduled during the week. There is a list of them under transportation in new york here on PTO.....
Thank you so much

PowandVonne
10-17-2005, 09:55 AM
I mean, I have a car, so I drive to go see hubby...but sometimes I don't want to drive. I just want to sit back and relax. I may have to really consider this...

Im with you on the starting a bus that leaves out of albany idea!!!

stormierain
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
hey i want in also!! cha-ching

cheli chel
10-17-2005, 11:21 AM
i have been calling lucas tours for the past week 1 of the # is a wrong # the other one says it cant be completed as dial and the third goes straight to voicemail. i guess it was to good to be true

Ken'sWife
10-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Mid State, isn't that a medium? There aren't any visits during the week. Do you have to make a special trip to do this? Can you make any other arrangements with the County Clerk's office? Someone with a temporary power of attorney or something like that? Just some thoughts and options. I hope everything gets all set for you to get married! Good luck and congrats! :)

aidan
10-17-2005, 05:34 PM
D's Van Service
For Reservations call 718.887.6503
Door to Door in Brooklyn ONLY
Pick up at Atlantic Avenue (by the clock) and 149th Street & Grand Concourse
$40 door to door and $35 pick up
Serving Ulster, Easter, Woodbourne and Sullivan CF

Reasons why you should take D's Van Service:
1) No more long travel time - No door to door in Queens, Manhattan or Bronx
2) Cheapest door to door
3) Passenger Insurance Coverage
4) Reliable and Comfy

Manzanita
10-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Hooddiva, I moved your question overe here!

many vans go up on a Thursday for example. I have done that. Or you can try Amtrak, or Metro North? Maybe a bus, like Trailways or Greyhound, people do that too.

maybe someone can take you for your wedding, on my wedding day, my witness drove me up :)

msdrea03
10-19-2005, 11:07 AM
did anyone ever use scottie transportation service??? it goes to elmira and southport. i seen this on prisonhelp but didnt see anyone mention scottie. any experience's would be helpful.

luischristina
10-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know of buses that leave out of Buffalo going to Lakeview Annex?? Any help is appreciated...

luischristina
10-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know of a bus that leaves out of Buffalo to Lakeview?? Any help is appreciated.. Thanks

Manzanita
10-19-2005, 05:58 PM
luischristina66

I move all TRANSPORTATION QUESTIONS HERE!

:) good luck

msdrea03
10-19-2005, 08:51 PM
ok i tried to post this in the transportation thread but it happens to be closed. I tried calling F&M tonight and a lady picked up and she was practically sleep. i guess i woke her up on the wrong side of the bed cuz i asked her if they go to elmira and she answered no. then she said they dont go anywhere and hung up. now after that hapened i know i dialed the right number but i said let me just look at my cell phone and see if i dialed the wrong number. But of course i didnt how unprofessional?!?!? guess i wnt be using them although i am desperate i need a service that goes to elmira and dont wanna use prison gap pr flambouyant cuz of the horrror stories...:( i feel unsafe

Manzanita
10-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I just moved it here, this is the Transportation thread, not closed :)

msdrea03
10-19-2005, 09:53 PM
thats odd i tried before and it had a lock icon next to it and it didnt have a reply button just said closed...maybe im nuts eh?...prolly my mind been somewhere else these past two days....its been a bit overwhelming for me sorry

Momma Ann
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM
if you want to come with me PM

babygurl919
10-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Hey everyone!! I am going to be taking a bus upstate for the first time this weekend, and wanted to know if you all had any suggestions as to what company I should or shouldn't use. I have been reading some past posts and have read horror stories about almost every company. :eek: There's gotta be at least one that's decent (I hope)!!! I'd be coming from the city and going to Bare Hill, which is ALLLL the way upstate, almost by Canada. If anyone has any suggestions before tomorrow (I'd have to leave tomorrow night), that would be great. Thanks so much!!!!!! :thumbsup:

- Jess

ANIKAN
10-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Every Company Has Its Problems And How They Deal With Those Problems Is Inportant, Prison Gap Is The Most Reliable Company Around. They Have New Buses And They Have Insurance And Legal Drivers.the Price Is $55.00 Per Adult Round Trip. Starting In November The Price Will Be $30.00 Per Rider. You Have To Call To Make Reservations.

Their Number Is 800 734 3733 Or 914 287 0800. I Hope This Ease A
Little Of The Traveling Pain.:)

babygurl919
10-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Anikan!!! I appreciate it. Can others verify this about Prison Gap?

thatwiz
10-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I go on that trip about every weekend. they are the most reliabale out of all the companies and I've used the others.

Manzanita
10-28-2005, 06:55 AM
I have never taken Prison Gap, there is a thread to read about Prison Gap in Prison Profiles and there are people who do not like them. I do no think I would take them personally, there are many van services that go to prisons not just buses, look on the first page of this thread above for a listing of more than Prison Gap.

NeNa
10-28-2005, 11:05 AM
whoop whoop!!! lol well FiNALLY there's some transportation for us living in the capital district. but this was posted only for November so i dont know if it will continue on or not. this was in the timesunion yesterday and i just wanted to share it with u all.

Visits for:

Saturday Nov 5th - Mount McGregor, Washington and Great Meadow
adults $30, kids $20

Saturday Nov 12th and 26th - Coxsackie, Greene and Hudson
adults $15, kids $10

Saturday Nov 19th - Marcy, Midstate, Mohawk and Oneida
adults $ 40, kids $25

the van leaves Oakwood Ave Presbyterian Church in Troy at 5am and picks up at the Albany Greyhound station approx 5:10a (except for those going to Coxsackie, Greene and Hudson, the van leaves at 7 cause it's so close).

for more information or to make a reservation please call:
Not in Service any longer.

Manzanita
10-29-2005, 10:23 AM
I moevd this here Nena....thank you!

Babygirl, I hope you got there ok...

HeSoHandsome
10-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Nena, have you and your man been together for a while? I ask because it's been said when you've been together for a while you start to look alike, and you and your man do look alike. You both even tilt your head in the same way. I wonder if others have told you the same. Anywho, sorry for being off topic.

NowHisWife
10-29-2005, 10:19 PM
My friend gave me these. I haven't called them yet but I think one or two may be out of service:
Try them and see.

1. Michele Bus Service: 718-485-6244
2.Alma Bus Service: 718-672-8447
3.Double K 718-495-4991
4.Unity Peers 718-712-2469
5. Flamboyant 718-325-6784. Took them this weekend to Great Meadow. Loved it.
6. Gritts Tours 718-712-2438/2022
7.Robby's Van Service 917-523-5032 - this is the guy who took me today for Flamboyant.

BooLuvsSmiley
10-30-2005, 09:56 PM
When i go to Five Points from New York i take Justin.. He picks up from the 5 boroughs. and it is $50.00...

Does he go to Willard? The drug treatment center? please let me know, thankx...;)

Jaynell
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Does he go to Willard? The drug treatment center? please let me know, thankx...;)

i am not sure, i know he does make a stop before five points i am normally still half sleep at that point...

you can call and ask, becasue willard is not to far from five points

BooLuvsSmiley
11-01-2005, 07:34 PM
i am not sure, i know he does make a stop before five points i am normally still half sleep at that point...

you can call and ask, becasue willard is not to far from five points

Thank you mama, I think I am Going to rent a car and have my brother and my homegirl drive out there. My homegirl Has her man at willard as well so i think it's a good idea for us to go together. But thankx again. :thumbsup:

blueangelinyc
11-25-2005, 12:13 AM
somebody please help me im trying to trying to find someway to see my boyfriend im so desperate to visit him but he been moved to far to macdougall walker in suffield connecticut . if anyone know a special van or bus service that goes ther please please let me know. im dying to see my baby and i cant find anyway to get to him other then amtrak which is to expensive. i just need somehelp so badly right now an dhe really depressed. i need to visit with him !!!!!!!!!!!

Niightdrmr
11-25-2005, 10:41 PM
HI I am going to move this post into the NY forum first - and hopefully someone there might be able to provide you with some information....if not then you might want to check out the Conn. state forum to see if there is any information there about transportation.... reason I am moving it to NY is you are starting in NY trying to get to Conn.... have you checked into the Metro Rail lines??? Maybe half way then take Amtrak from there??? I know when I was in NJ we took the Rail line to NY and it was only $9 one way!!

blover
11-26-2005, 07:28 PM
:confused: im looking for transportation to green haven correctional facility from middletown new york some type of van service blover

freem2
11-27-2005, 12:33 AM
Help the Bus LEFT ME AND I WANT TO GO SEE MY MAN IN Franklin:mad::confused:

LuvenMyBabyBoy
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
I Do Not Know Where Exactly When My Baby Boy Is Getting Moved Up North, Or Where He Is Getting Moved To. But Does Anyone Know Of Any Buses Or Any Form Of Transportation That Can Get Me Up North From Nassau County. I Am New To His Whole Visiting Up North Thing. I Didnt See Him When He Went On His First Bid Up North Being That He Didnt Serve A Long Time Up North The Last Time. But This Time Around He Has A Year Long Sentence Up North. And I Am Trying To Prepare Myself To See Him In Advance. I Dont Not Know What To Expect. The Visits Now Are Only At The County Jail. I Do Not Know Anything About Prisons Up North. Can Someone Help Me Out. Thank You.

JRBM
11-28-2005, 04:59 PM
i am from suffolk county and i can give you some info....jeanne

chrissy332
11-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Hello,
I'm kinda new to this, but I'm involved with someone who has six months in a Shock program. I called this bus company who said they where trying to get off their feet. So they have only been operating for two months. He said they do door to door pick-up and they need at least 4 people going the same way in order to travel. So if anyone has someone they would like to visit in Moriah Shock or anywhere else let me know so we can get moving.

PRETTYJAY1223
11-30-2005, 01:35 AM
i wanted to know if anyone know any cheap transportation to elmira? could anyone help me please its me and my daughter.

NeNa
12-01-2005, 06:20 PM
ok here's the schedule for December for the shuttle that leavs from Oakwood Ave Presbyterian Church in Troy and the Greyhound station in Albany:

Sat Dec. 2nd (sorry shuch short notice but i just found the article today) - going to Mt. McGregor, Washington and Great Meadow: adults $30, kids $20

Sat Dec 10th and the 24th - Coxsackie, Greene and Hudson: Adults $15, kids $10

Sat Dec 17th - Marcy, Mid-State, Mohawk and Oneida: Adults $40, kids $25.

the shuttle leaves Troy at 7a and leaves Albany at 7:15a EXCEPT for Utica Hub (Dec 17th) visit. on Dec 17th they will leave Troy at 5a and leave Albany at 5:15a.

for reservations call Linda O'Mally at (518) 273-5199.

now i posted the November schedule last month and was wondering if anyone went? if so, how was it? i'm going on Dec 17th and was just wondering what to expect.

NeNa
12-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Sat Dec 3rd, not 2nd. my bad i just realized that :D

msmoon4life
12-03-2005, 01:31 PM
hey im not sure yet, but i might be going to Ulster. my man just got sentenced, and hes not sure if hes going to Ulster or Downstate. if i find out he is going to Ulster, i will gladly help pay for rides. im sorry i dont know right now but if you interested in a road trip buddy let me know.
Tricia

msmoon4life
12-03-2005, 01:36 PM
hey just wondering if this service goes to any other facilities?? I need Ultser or Downstate from Troy or Albany. Do you know of any?

msmoon4life
12-04-2005, 03:28 PM
hey just wondering if any bus and van services had websites i could check out. PM me and let me know PLEASE!!!!!!

Manzanita
12-04-2005, 03:33 PM
look at the first page to this thread...post 1....http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=928085&postcount=1

DazeyGurl
12-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know if the van services go to Camp Gabriels, sorry if this has already been asked.

Dazey.

nikki718
12-12-2005, 09:28 AM
:thumbsup: Friday night i took MANNYES bus service up to midstate correctional. it was a very pleasant ride and on top of that we got there at 7:20 am.
so if anyone is looking for a bus service that goes up there they were pretty good.

they say prison gap is good too, but that thier bus made it up there at 9:40. but I definetly reccomend MANNEYS. the number is 718-469-1170
they go to many other facilities as well.

the price for marcy/mid-state is $35.00 until the new years...

I plan on riding up agian this weekend

ok people

LuvenMyBabyBoy
12-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Does Anyone Know How I Would Go To Downstate From Nassau County In Long Island? I Feel So Stupid Sometimes Because My Baby Boy Has Just Been Moved And I Know Nothing About Going Up North.

outshineswisdom
12-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I've been on it a few times and it was fine. Where my husband is they get their tickets every 90 days and they go up the 3rd saturday of every month. They leave from 41/42nd and 8th. They get you at the facility nice and early and get you home faster then anyone I've road with so far.