View Full Version : Conjugal visits in VA????

MissingHimSoMuc
01-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if VA allows conjugal visits at all, and what criteria you must meet to be granted this priveledge? Also, what is the extent of a contact visit? I'm not necessarily asking just about sexual visits...Just being able to actually hold someone or sit next to them and kiss them at will.....Anyone know?Thanks!
Happy New Year!
Brandy:)

ceehatch
01-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Unfortunately no, we do not have conjugal visits as of yet. The extent of your contact visits depend on the facility he is at. Some are stricter than others. Most you get a kiss at the beginning and end of your visit. Some allow hand holding, others don't. It is hard to say without knowing where he is.

kari05
01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
no congi visits allowed in VA. they did away with that, years ago. I dont think it will come back... what prison is he in. my husband has been through a bunch since they move him so often....maybe i can help

MissingHimSoMuc
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks Kari,
Paul is in Wallens Ridge, but we're trying to get him moved to Sussex. Any info you have is greatly appreciated!
Thanks Again,
Brandy

kari05
01-03-2006, 10:40 PM
HEY GIRLL,
WELL IN SPEAKING TO MY HUSBAND THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO BE CLOSING DOWN WALLENS RIDGE, NOT SURE IF FOREVER OR TEMPORARY BUT THERE IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE WATER SUPPLY THERE AND THE GROUND IS CONTAMINATED AS WELL. SO NOT TO SURE, HE TOLD ME HIS PRISON RECEIVED 11 NEW INMATES FROM WALLENS LAST WEEKEND AND MORE TO COME. SOME OF THE INMATES THAT CAME IN SAID THEY WERENT ABLE TO EVEN TAKE SHOWERS AT ONE POINT.

SUSSEX IM NOT FAMILIAR WITH BUT THERE IS 2 FOR SUSSEX, I DID HAVE A FRIEND WHO WAS IN SUSSEX 2 AND HE SAID IT WAS NOT BAD, THE VISITING ROOM WAS "SWEET" AS HE CALLED IT AND THE CO'S WERE GOOD TO YOU IF YOU WERE RESPECTFUL TO THEM. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Thanks Kari,
Paul is in Wallens Ridge, but we're trying to get him moved to Sussex. Any info you have is greatly appreciated!
Thanks Again,
Brandy

MissingHimSoMuc
01-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks Kari!
Yes, Wallens Ridge is under a water restriction...They only get 3 short showers per week....I hope they do close it down, cause it's the farthest place from me. I think just about anywhere else would be closer.....Plus, it's a bad place to be in from what I've read, and heard from Paul. So where is your guy, and how are visits there? I'm just trying to get an idea...The only time I've ever visited an inmate was in Fairfax County ADC, and it was on a phone through a plate of glass....
Brandy

kari05
01-04-2006, 08:52 PM
hi girl
my husband is in South Hampton correctional. honestly its not that bad but then again its been bad lately. i swear those people are PMSing sometimes. just depends on their mood. You know my husband broke his foot a few weeks ago, and they placed him on sick bed. meaning they deliver his meals and meds. well i went to visit him last weekend, and i come 10 hours driving and when he left the visit the nurse took him off sickbed, because he visited with his wife. they acted like he was on lockdown and he wasnt, and i called there and told the nurse, she has alot of nerve, i didnt ask my husband to play basketball or anything we sat in chairs for an hour. who knows they really are jerks.
visiting there is nice, its contact visits, hugs and kisses before and after the visit and can hold hands through out, of course we sneak what we can in during the visit,we get caught kissing sometimes, but we are all human and miss each other.

bbEgyrl
01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
omg Kari thats horrible
did they ever scan like the doc said he should have
how is he doing now?

kari05
01-04-2006, 10:32 PM
yes, girl they are just being Jerks. I am going to call there tomorrow and raise hell. Im so sick of this crap. These men and women are human beings and they treat them worse the gum on the bottom of my shoe. Not to mention they have a co-pay of 12.00 each time they go to medical, so all the money im sending to his books is being taken from them. Ok i can understand the doctors office and taking him to the hospital, but come on everytime the nurse gives meds he is charged 12 bucks....No NO! im :angry: :angry: :angry:
You know they can save money if they let me put my husband on my insurance policy, but no this is about politics and they want to have something to complain and argue about. I sit back and read articles on how much it costs to house one inmate. well gee, money saver, the first time offenders give em house arrest,or something instead of locking them up for 12 yrs for a breaking and entering charge.

bekita43
01-05-2006, 08:31 AM
you go girl raise hell i have so many times with haynesville and will until he comes home, i think its a bunch of shit, and he is first time 9 yrs didn't run it concurrent so he does 9 yrs 8 something with good time, he heard the commonweath attorney say lets make a example out of him, i have written to everyone in va and nothing can be done about the attorney or the commonweath all of us employed are at will meaning we can be fired for no reason so why can't they as well, maybe it would stop alot of this bs in virginia

dwfighterva
01-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Ooo, I have a real beef against a Commonwealth Attorney as well. I contacted Attorney General and they told me that the public put them in office, the public has to take them out. I will be filing charges against him with the Bar Association once I get the wording right. I am also getting others affected by his actions to file as well. Once he comes up for re-election, I will be his opponents strongest supporter. If I had the money, I would find a young, fiery attorney and see if I could sue that man in civil court.

"I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones :D

All For Carl
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Sussex II is not that sweet. The front entry gaurds are rude and it takes at least an hour to get to the other side. It is true though about the CO's are cool if you are respectful!!! :)