View Full Version : Flamboyant / Prison Gap Bus Services info and experiences

babyboy421
12-13-2004, 09:30 PM
What's up Fam?????

I went on a visit Friday upstate with Flamboyant. The ride upstate wasn't that bad but the ride home was straight out of a horror flick. Junior sure knows how to come on that bus and collect his $60 but he can't ensure the safety of his passengers. I got home Sunday morning at 4:00am. If I never prayed before I was sending up some timbers on Saturday. The driver got lost we didn't leave Watertown until 8:30. The busdriver didn't know the route Junior fat behind wrote down these bootleg directions on a piece of paper. I thought that we were going to go over into the ocean at one point. The driver was tired he started driving off the road. The passengers were screaming for him to stop the bus and rest but he didn't. I understand that he did drive some passengers to Brooklyn which was nice but as for me and my family Flamboyant was not responsible enough to take care of us. Junior please next time be careful of who you pick to be your driver and coordinator, we deserved at least half of our money back.

Signed a disgruntal passenger!!!!!!!!!!

mrsford
12-13-2004, 09:52 PM
That sounds out and out scary! I have never taken the bus to visit my husband, but after reading your posting, I doubt I ever would! I once had a ride from hell in a taxi. I told the driver several times to slow down I was not in a hurry. I ended up telling him to stop and I just got out! Better luck next time.

chinikfb
12-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Peace....Sorry to read this....as a suggestion....make sure you let the owner of the service know. Also, much appreciation for informing this body of folk. Prayfully, your next visit(s) will be better. Blessings....

bmaite
12-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I road with Flamboyant to 5 points -Brotha Phil was the driver, and he's excellent.

LilBabyL
12-14-2004, 08:36 PM
I rode up to Clinton with Flambouyant from the Bronx about one month ago. I went on a Friday night for Saturday visit. The ride was HORRENDOUS!!!
I will never ever take them again. The driver was swerving all over the road and speeding. I really feared for my life. NEVER AGAIN!

I take Greyhound now. I would rather pay a few dollars more and get there safely. At least Greyhound has INSURANCE!

Maggiebklyn24
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
I rode on prison gap back in nov 19 for that sat visit to Altona. The driver hit a deer then got lost going to altona. He blamed the passengers because we did not know the way up there. Hello it was dark. I got off the bus because I was so pissed off to see if I find a state trooper. I did and he gave me directions. One of the passengers was with me. he had some dumb instructions on his pocket but were not legible. He barely spoke english I was too thru.

i had never had a problem with PG before but that day I was too pissed off. So i feel you for real.

Manzanita
01-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Prison Gap is a company started by a man name Ray who was locked up years ago. He started the company cause he was so far away that there was no way for him mother to come and visit him. He goes to most facilites. But, I have heard many Prison Gap nightmares...do you have one?

Please share your experiences here with Prison Gap

Operation Prison Gap 1-800-734-3733.

Experiences from the past:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8470&highlight=adirondack

Manzanita
01-02-2005, 04:13 PM
FLAMBOUYANT BUS CORP
AS OF MAY 4, 2004 WE WILL HAVE SERVICES TO THE FOLLOWING FACILITES FOR THE VISITS ON TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS:
AUBURN, ELMIRA & FIVE POINTS CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES.

FOR RESERVATIONS, TIMES AND PICK UP LOCATIONS CALL
718-324-3603 OR 718-325-6784

NY Facilities:
Albion Governor Orleans
Altoona Gowanda
Riverview
Attica Groveland Watertown
Cape Vincent Lakeview Wende
Chatteaugay Livingston Wyoming
Collins Ogdensburg

LadySmith
03-09-2005, 01:43 PM
My first bus ride to Orleans was with Prison Gap. They sent us in a van, which of course had no bathroom and we only stopped once for a bathroom break coming and going. An older woman had to go so bad that she eventually went on herself so then we had to smell that the rest of the way. The seat in front of me was broke so that it was on my legs all night. It was just the worst!!!

PhillyGurLL
03-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I have a lot of prison gap nightmares! lol I took it to go to Green Haven one weekend. I was told to meet at 5am at 59th and Columbus. I come all the way from Philadelphia. I meet and they say they are not going to Green Haven that day because there are not enough people going. I had a reservation! I wouldn't get off the bus! I called the 800 number and she said she couldn't help me. I asked for an emergency number and she said she was the emergency number. The driver could see that I was P*SSED OFF and he knew I lived in Philadelphia, so he took me on the bus. I got dropped off with a van somewhere, then another van and I got there! I was scared a little at first that they weren't going to take me.

I've also taken it to Watertown and those trips were H*LL!

Maggiebklyn24
03-10-2005, 08:06 AM
I always take Prison Gap and thank God I have not had any problems. I am sorry you went thru this. I come from Boston, I will be on a trip soon so hopefully nothing will happen.

Maggie

usopwilly
03-10-2005, 09:05 AM
The only thing I hate about Prison Gap is that when it comes to boarding the bus. People get ghetto most of the time and everyone crowds around the door. So, when they call your name to get on the bus, you got to squeeze through people. If they made the passengers get in a single line, it would make boarding the bus more pleasant, faster and better. Other than that it's okay.

jaebea
03-10-2005, 12:59 PM

jaebea
03-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Brotha Phil is definitely the best!!!!!

mrscherry
03-23-2005, 09:59 AM
i have been traveling from Connecticut to Manhattan just to go up state. my first trip with flamboyant was a good experience up there but coming back the bus driver was a straight ass whole and pulled the bus over and was being disrepectful to the passegengers and called the cops... good thing nothing happened but he sure didnt get tipped. my other experiences after that have been pretty good except they left a person once. as long as it wasnt me (i do feel bad that she was left though)... other than that i think it is a good company to ride with they may not always leave on time but we always arrive before 11pm that night so i am happy with the service

yanigirl
03-23-2005, 12:32 PM
I have taken Prison Gap many times and I hate it. I was left stranded upstate one day and was able to get a ride back with Flamboyant another time the heat was broken on the bus and my son got really sick after we returned home. I hate it! Not to mention the service is very unprofessional and GHETTO does not even begin to explain. The van I use to take to Hale Creek was pretty good though. My suggestion is that if there is another service you can take other then PG find it.

trescheek
03-23-2005, 01:13 PM
When I lived in NY and even now when I go on visits I usually take Prison Gap. I've had one bad experience with them and it was not the regular driver who did the route but a fill in person who showed up at the last minute. I tried another company once (Manny's) and it wasn't bad per se, it was just inconvenient for me to get to their pick up locations. With PG, if I'm coming from Long Island I can take the LIRR to get there or if I'm being really lazy I can take Amtrak from DC to NY and then catch PG. I definitely don't love the way they board (i.e., favoritism shown towards "regulars" and things of that nature) but I do like the fact that they've been doing this for awhile and they pretty much know the beat as far as traveling to the prisons are concerned.

RecosWife
05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I took Flamboyant on Saturday night for the Sunday Visit @ Gowanda and I am so very happy to say THANK GOD IT WAS MY LAST TRIP. It was a never ending I thought we would never get there, got there late, then before you know it the visit it over.
The only way I will get my butt back on that bus is if we were getting a freebie, Which I highly doubt! we'll see.

jasonsonlyboo
05-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I take Flamboyant since it's the only service that does night visits at mid-state. Osacar the driver is cool, he always get there on time and is there to pick us up on time. I never had any problems with heat or air conditioning.

cuteliz19
05-19-2005, 11:03 PM
sorry to hear bad experiences with flamboyant but as for me i been upstate 3 times so far n all my trips were pretty good. we left on time got to the city at 11 the lates so thank god its been a safe trip for me all the times. i hope that there r no more bad experinces from flamboyant.

Manzanita
05-20-2005, 07:06 PM
thanks for the comments ladies, I am sure it will help :)

STB75
08-16-2005, 01:22 PM
HELLO,
I was on that ride on Friday with FLAMBOYANT.. it was the worse ride ever.. the bus driver was falling asleep.. I kept waking up the coordinator she just brushed me off by saying he's alright.. He hit the dividers 3times , the bus was grinding... I kept screaming a girl was yelling she's a single mom bringing up her kids and wants to get there alive.. He finally made a stop on the road where he went to the bathroom. I was so afraid after visiting my boyfriend to get on this bus again but I thought I have to keep praying and hopefully it will be alright all the other buses were sold out due to the festival.. Sure enough on the return the same thing starting falling asleep the coordinators were long sleeping didnt have a care in the world!! He kept switching lanes I was so afraid for my life I got so many panic attacks a girl nearby me was reassuring me all will be ok.. We were all panicking we were so close to falling off the cliff it was terrible.. I never thought I was going to make it back home.. This was the worse experience ever.. I hope that you guys post this on your website and to please never ride FLAMBOYANT, if you want to stay alive.

rlewis729
08-16-2005, 01:26 PM
OMG, this sounds terrible! I would have been scared to death too. I was holding my breath just reading your post! Thank goodness you are okay.

B.G
08-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Dammmmmm! You had me holding my breathe as well. Thats a scary situation to be in. Thats the problem with these transportation vehicles...the people driving them want the money so they just drive like they are rested enought to. I'm glad you got back safely, and just for the record there is a bus called the China Man it takes you from the city to Upstate.....dont ride that one either!!!!!!!

Bless,
B.G

nasty_boo
08-16-2005, 02:26 PM
good to see that you said all that cuz i went with the same company a week before and it was quiet a ride as well! oh well from now on i will fly up north :blah:

STB75
08-16-2005, 02:59 PM
It was definetly very scary, I was clinging to my life .. F & M is the best bus company going up there .. I feel so safe I just fall asleep once I get in the bus.. It was unfortunate that they were sold out due to the festival.. I guess it just made me realize that good companies are hard to come by.. and I was always ride with them as many times as I go up there to see my baby.

chinikfb
08-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Peace....Sorry to hear that you experienced that...glad you made it home! Blessings....

Ken'sWife
08-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Yes, glad that you are safe! Welcome to PTO!

jenaye
08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Bus breaks down, leaving women and children to wait, and wait, and wait...: City responds with help to make incident bearable By KYLE A. TOROK - STAFF WRITER

http://www.eveningtribune.com/content/articles/2005/08/16/news/news01.jpg
KYLE A. TOROK
New York City-area women and children were stranded in the Hornell Plaza parking lot for 20 hours Sunday night and Monday morning after their bus broke down. From left, front, are: Michelle Telford, Jennifer Abraham, Jomeiry and Angel Alba, Marie Barrera, Michelle Nottingham, Daquan Morris and Tiana Perez; from left, rear, are: Wendy Rhym, Nancy Medina, Annette King, Malika Price, Dawne Hill, Roberta Styles and Maria Perez.
HORNELL - It's a tale of a fateful trip - an unscheduled 20-hour tour of the Maple City, a broken bus, tangled lines of communication - salvaged by small-town hospitality.

A New York City-bound charter bus broke down from apparent engine troubles around 6 p.m. Sunday on its return trip from Gowanda Correctional Facility in Gowanda. The bus struggled to Hornell and died, stranding 23 women and children in Hornell Plaza for 20 hours - until 2 p.m. Monday - as the charter company struggled to send another ride.

Members of the group, which had been visiting loved ones at the prison, called the charger company, Bronx-based Flamouyant Transportation Inc., for help. After long, tense hours far from home, they became angry and claimed the company had left them high and dry.

By Monday morning, they were dirty, hungry, thirsty and extremely frustrated.

"The company keeps telling us they're sending us one, but they're not; I don't see another bus," said Malika Price of Brooklyn. "Some of us have kids waiting at home, doctors' appointments ... some of us have no money on us."

The women alleged that Flambouyant was aware of mechanical problems before sending them upstate, and that the company's owner was ignoring them. Flamouyant promised a bus would arrive around 11 a.m., the women said, but by noon, they were still stranded.

"Unfortunately, this one fell through the cracks," said Junior Dacosta of Flambouyant. "When we got the report that that bus was having problems, we were trying to network to get the closest bus - that was coming from Attica - to pick them up. The driver had his phone off. He got the message when he was in Binghamton."

Following that, Dacosta said he called another company which agreed to send a bus out. When he called later to check in, he found the driver had decided for some reason not to go.

Meanwhile, the women waited. They had two young babies on board, as well as 5-year-old Daquan Morris of Amityville, whose birthday was Monday; he celebrated it on the bus and riding shopping carts in the plaza lot. The women had sustenance enough for the short trip back to New York, but not for their unplanned layover in Hornell.

To that end, they heaped praise upon Hornell's businesses and services, which came to their rescue. Wegmans, McDonald's and Wal-Mart sent food and supplies over to them, and Hornell police came by routinely to check up and try and give what help they could. Officers even brought a case of bottled water and some cookies Sunday night.

Monday morning, the Hornell Family YMCA offered showers to anyone who wanted one, which to the women seemed the most promising offer of all. Shortly after, Mayor Shawn Hogan even called the company to throw his weight around.

Dacosta believed he deserved some credit for his part, too.

"I was up for 36 hours ... I went through hell," Dacosta said. "People expect so much. They're paying nickel and dime fare, you know, but we're trying. It's only unfortunate that we could not network to get a bus there last night.

"They know I work my ass off for them," he continued, "but it's what makes the world go 'round."

babyboy421
08-16-2005, 09:56 PM
STB75 what Facility were you going to last week? I'm suposed to ride Flamboyant on Friday going to my facility. The driver Ian is good but everyone else sucked!!!!!!! Sorry about your trip believe me I had my share!!!!!

thatwiz
08-17-2005, 06:44 AM
It's not the first time thats happened with Flamboyant. It happens on the regular.

Wife C
08-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Glad you made it home safely.:)

STB75
08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
I was going to Lyon Mountain.. I would never ride with Flamboyant again. IM still traumatized.

tuttles
08-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Kudos to the people of Hornell for their hospitality and generosity!

Manzanita
08-19-2005, 06:40 PM
SB, I moved your post here :)

dknydarling
08-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Flambouyant is only worth the money if Dougie is driving. He is one of those rare people who actually care that you get to your visit safe and on-time. If anyone else is driving, please, run as fast as you can!.. I have been using their company for the past year and a half, every 2 weeks, and to be honest, the only reason i take them is because it is guaranteed that i will have 2 seats to stretch out. If you want to get to your visit on time, not get caught in the count, and get home before 11pm, take another bus!

Evilnlita033005
08-23-2005, 05:35 PM
I go up to Riverview with Prison Gap. It's the best. I never had a problem except for recently when they wanted to implement a thing that will save them money, putting 5 prisons in one bus. That's been making it pretty crowded but none the less it's way better from Flamboyant.

cheli chel
09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
i ride prison gap to see my baby in cape vincent and as far as accidents or anything that will make me fear for my life i can say i havent had to go through that my problem is that cape vincent is the last facility drop off and the firt pick up. there visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. but yet we never arrive before 10 and by the time we go through the search and they call him down i basically dont get to see my baby till 11. because of prison gap a visit that should be 6 hours ends up being 3 hours for $60

The things we do for love!!

chedae2k5
09-08-2005, 02:57 PM
If you ask me, Prison Gap is the best company. Their # is 1-800-734-3733 and their prices range from $25.00-$60.00

angel1104
10-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Ok after reading these posts I'm sitting here crying. I want to go and see my honey up in lakeview this weekend. I haven't seen him in over a month. I was spoiled cause I saw him 3 times a week in county cause I was 5 minutes away. Now to drive to lakeview from long island its 10 hours. I'm so scared to get on either one of these buses. Did anyone ever take them up to lakeview? Any advice to try to stay calm?
Angel

InLuvWithD
10-09-2005, 10:25 PM
:thumbsup: OK I know what NOT to do when I move to NY!!! is get on a bus to go see my hubby!!!!! I will make sure I move close enough to where he will be, y'all scarred me for life about buses and van trips to prisons hahaha.

nvydiznavynena
10-11-2005, 10:27 AM
my experience wit prison gap was great i came from va cuz im stationed in da navy and one day my greyhound bus was going 2 philly because our bus in delaware left us so we had 2 detour to philly i was so mad so i called ray and he gave me mikes cell and we arranged 2 meet somewhere in pa he was nice without him i would not have made it in time 4 my visit

daunlynnicky
10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Flamboyant is alright once Ian is driving. you're sure to make it there and back on time.

daunlynnicky
10-18-2005, 05:53 PM
my man just wrote me and said prison gap is going to be celebrating their 30 year anniversary by charging half price from 11/1/2005-3/1/2006. the trip will be only $30. just thought i should share this info with everyone.

Manzanita
10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Pleas post Prison Gap information here.

angel1104
10-19-2005, 06:16 PM
He is right. When I called them lasts week to find out about the price they told me the same thing.

my man just wrote me and said prison gap is going to be celebrating their 30 year anniversary by charging half price from 11/1/2005-3/1/2006. the trip will be only $30. just thought i should share this info with everyone.

cheli chel
10-21-2005, 08:05 AM
msdrea03 have u ever rode prison gap? if ont u might want to give it a try. i ride prison gap once a month and i never had a major problem with them. just be sure to take a music player and ur good

msdrea03
10-21-2005, 08:46 PM
cheli... i never rode with prison gap i heard some bad things as well as some good comments. when you rode with prison gap what correctional facility did you go to? i need to go to elmira and i prlly am gonna use prison gap because i dont have too many choices as far as buses that go to elmira.

nytiffani
10-24-2005, 07:38 AM
im sorryn to hear all these problems maybe we all should contact albany

cheli chel
10-24-2005, 08:33 AM
i go to cape vincent there where two time that we got there like an hour late but cape vincent is the last drop off. elmira and every other prison usually get there on time. any bus services that u take is liable to have somerhing bad happen one time or another but as i said before i never experience anytthing life threating on prison gap. my only complain is the ghetto chicks i always end up having to sit next to

luischristina
10-24-2005, 01:51 PM
I went up to Lakeview C.F. this weekend to see my boyfriend and I took Flambouyant.. They told us to be at the pick-up location at 9pm and we would be leaving at 9:30 but the bus didnt show up until about 10:30 and we didnt leave until approximately 11-11:30pm the ride up was fine I slept the whole time the driver wasnt driving bad or anything.. We made it to the prison around 8:30 after dropping visitors off at Gowanda and Collins Correctional Facilities.. On the way back the ride was fine except we got pulled over because a cop said that the bus almost hit his car other than that the only thing I had a problem with was I had to leave my visit a half hour early so we could go pick up the Gowanda and Collins C.F. visitors but besides those things everything was fine..

angel1104
10-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Anyone traveling to lakeview this weekend on flamboyant or prison gap??

msdrea03
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
okay.. i see i'm gonna give prison gap a chance...just too bad it doesnt go to elmira during the weekdays...and the last thing i wanna be on the bus with is a bunch of ghetto chicks...sorry to say but i heard the boarding of the bus isnt too great either. i heard ppl. push and all sorts...is this true??? how early can you bored the bus??? saying if it leaves at 1 should i get there at 12 to board early???thanks

cheli chel
10-25-2005, 07:54 AM
it doesnt matter what time u get there b/c like the bus i take is supposed to start boarding at 11 but they dont start boarding till like 20 minutes later and even if u get there late it's up to u to get to the front and get through. i've known to be there from 10:20 and i get on last. u will have to get ghetto to get through. the buses are never there before their supposed to b/c remember when they come their just coming from back from a prison. dont bother standing in the front till u see the bus come,then they send everyone with kids inside then u can start boarding. just to be on the save side u might get lucky if u call a week before and make reservations it'll be a little easier cause once everyone with kids go in they start calling names on the list.

ANIKAN
10-25-2005, 09:02 AM
:) I HEARD OPERATION PRISON GAP IS CHARGING HALF PRICE FOR EACH ADULT STARTING IN NOVEMBER I RODE WITH THEM TO CLINTON THIS PAST WEEKEND AND IT WAS PRETTY GOOD THEY HAVE THIS NEW SYSTEM WHERE U HAVE 2 BUY A TICKET B4 U GET ON THE BUS AND I MADE A RESERVATION ABOUT A WEEK AGO B4 AND I HAD A PRETTY GOOD SEAT THEIR # IS 800 734 3733 OR 914 287 0800 HOPE IT HELPS YOU:thumbsup:

msdrea03
10-25-2005, 05:20 PM
ok i see... i guess its best bet to make a reservation therefore they can call names that way i wont have to get ghetto on ppl. eh??? lol.... so do ppl. just show up just in case theres still available seats?? i called them last time and they said you pay when you get there. they mightve changed. how do i buy a ticket is there a office or something?

Manzanita
10-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Ladies,
I do not mean to confuse you further... :) but since this is about Prison Gap I moved it here, ok? ;)

thatwiz
10-26-2005, 05:56 AM
For prison gap, make a reservation, but when they start the $30 days, make a reservation and you'll also have to get a ticket, which will be available in that same area-meaning whatever time you got there before, you'll have to come at least another hour early to make sure you get a ticket. It adds up to a lot more standing outside waiting for the bus to come in the winter.

ANIKAN
10-26-2005, 07:57 AM
WHEN YOU GO TO PICK UP YOUR TICKET U SHOULD BE THERE 15 MINUTES EARLY BUT THEY STILL CALL OUT YOUR LOVED ONES NAME. THERE WAS NO PUSHING, IT WAS MORE ORGAINIZED THAN B4 ,I MADE MY RESERVATIONS FOR TWO MONTHS. I ALSO USED MY CREDIT CARD TO SECURE MY SEAT ON THE BUS SO I DONT HAVE TO HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SITTING IN THE BACK OR FORGETTING THAT I MADE RESERVATONS,AND THEY HAVE THESE NEW BUSES THAT ARE MUCH AND SAFFER THAN THESE OLD BUSES IM USED TO SEEING UPSTATE AND FOR $30.00 AND I HAVE A DEFINATE SEAT U REALLY CANT BEAT THAT. I HOPE THIS HELPS U OUT :thumbsup:

ANIKAN
10-26-2005, 08:01 AM
I MADE MY PAID FOR MY RESERVATIONS TWO MONTHS IN ADVANCE SORRY ABOUT THAT.:banghead:

msdrea03
10-26-2005, 07:37 PM
okay now im really confused. Must i pay before i get there? and how do i pay?? When i call them all im getting is a voicemail!!!!can i pick what seat im sitting in or is it by order of reservation and how will i know if im one of the first few?...i know alot of questions..im sorry i just want my first trip to be smooth. ANIKAN.... when you used prison gap what corrctional facility did you go to??

ANIKAN
10-27-2005, 07:32 AM
no you dont have to pay when you make reservations but you can and i already paid for my seat so i dont have wait on line to buy my ticket. :thumbsup:

i went to clinton. my cousin wanted information for a bus to cayuga and we got it thank you anyway (prison gap is having a $25.00 round trip special for the next 4 months...) that's great since this is the best i got so far... hope it helps someone.....:)

msdrea03
10-27-2005, 10:43 AM
thnaks ANIKAN...I'm gonna go and make my reservations also cuz i know its prolly gonna be busy because of the half price promotion!!!!

ANIKAN
10-27-2005, 12:17 PM
YOU'RE WELCOME AND SINCE IT MIGHT BE BUSY U SHOULD MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR THE WHOLE MONTH -YOU WILL GET A BETTER SEAT ON THE BUS :thumbsup:

msdrea03
10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
what do you mean for the whole month??? i plan on leaving nov.12 well actually itll be nov 13 since its pass midnight. i called and she just took his din # and she said i can purchase the ticket at the bus stop and theyll call his name for me to get on the bus. how do i know if i have a good seat???

ANIKAN
10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
If You Plan On Traveling Every Weekend Of The Month You Can Reserve Your Seats Now So U Can Have A Good Seat, Because The Earlier You Call To Make Reservations The The Better Seat You Have. Whithout Asking 2 Many Questions Where Are U Going?

thatwiz
10-28-2005, 05:45 AM
You won't know which seat you have as the first people on the bus pick the seats they want and wherever you fall in the line determines where you will sit as you'll pick from whats left.

Manzanita
10-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Ladies, please keep this thread about Flamboyant or Prison Gap only, thanks!

msdrea03
10-28-2005, 06:49 PM
i guess im just gonna go there a bit earlier and get my ticket. Hopefully ill get a good seat. Im going to Elmira.... are these bus comfortable or are the ppl. cramped together???

angel1104
10-29-2005, 09:54 PM
I just got back from seeing my honey at lakeview. :D I went with flamboyant last night and everything was fine no problems at all. The driver was Willy and he was a sweetheart. We left at about 10:30 and I was in Lakeview by 8:15 this morning. We got back into NYC by 10:00 tonight. I heard a rummer that the company that owns the buses that prison gap uses is trying to get a monoply on the buses that go upstate thats why they are only charging $30. They are hoping to get all the other companies to use them and once that happens it is going to be just like MCI. Crazy prices for tickets. Also I heard that they are over booking the busses. But this is all just a rummer so you never know. Talk to you all soon.
Angel

cuteliz19
10-29-2005, 10:53 PM
well its sad to hear all these sad experiences but as for me thanks god i never had any problem with flamboyant since jan,05 i been going with them n never had a problem.n yes (angel1104) willy is the best driver i love going when he drives but yet all the drivers that i been up there with were good too but since i always go on friday nites then u sually willy is the driver for that day.well i hope to hear better experinces from both bus companies. any questions feel free to ask me since itravel from once or 2 times a month i pretty much know everthing about flamboyant.

take care n i wish ya a safe trip all the time

niqueke
10-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Operation Prison Gap has stepped it up! Not only does it have new buses on all the routes they have cut their prices in half to some of the facilites Startin November 1,2005 until March 1,2005 this is their 30th year anniversary sale. They now require that you make a resevation ahead of time and you have to get there a little early to purchase a ticket for the ride. It is 150% better than before. I will get the prices and post them soon.

Niqueke

babygurl919
10-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Did they happen to invest in new buses? Because the one I just took this weekend was a piece of crap and came close to breaking down several times. At one point, we were going uphill and the bus just stopped and started rolling backwards down the hill. But this was my first prison bus experience so I have nothing else to compare it to.

niqueke
10-30-2005, 03:29 AM
R U sure it was prison gap because on saturday there were a fleet of new buses out there ?

babygurl919
10-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Yes, I am 100% certain it was Operation Prison Gap leaving from 58th and 8th in Manhattan. My bus was greenish-blue and said "Premium" on it or something. The bus driver even said there was something wrong with it.

thatwiz
10-30-2005, 10:02 AM
I was on that bus also. It seemed to have transmission problems, as it made grinding noises and shook the bus everytime the driver changed gears, plus the bathroom smelled like it was never emptied-absolutely putrid and I ride every week just about and the "new"bus had the worst smelling bathroom ever!!!!

quietstorm
10-30-2005, 05:41 PM
OPG has indeed cut their prices in 1/2 starting Nov 1st through March 1st... there are also rumors going around that OPG was sold to or merged with Premier; no one knows the truth but Ray & OPG; one thing you may notice is Ray & his people no longer handles the money so who knows.... Yea, the buses are nice but the bigger issue is since they booted some of the independent drivers who operated their own buses, the new drivers don't know the routes that well & I guess that will take some time.....

angel1104
10-30-2005, 05:47 PM
I also heard that since they are only charging $30.00 they are also over booking the buses. Which is wrong.

Manzanita
10-30-2005, 08:55 PM
prison gap information moved here

ANIKAN
11-01-2005, 08:03 AM
I HEAR ALOT OF THINGS AS WELL, HOWEVER PRISON GAP IS NOT OVERBOOKING BECAUSE THEY HAVE EXTRA BUSES ON 58TH STREET WHEN NEEDED BECAUSE, I ASKED THOSE SAME QUESTIONS WHAT IF THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE THAN BUSES?HOW LONG WOULD I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER BUS? AND I WAS PLEASED WHEN THE RESPONSE WAS "WE HAVE ANOTHER BUS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET".SORRY THAT YOUR BUS THIS WEEKEND HAD A PROBLEM, HOWEVER IT DIDNT BREAK DOWN AND IM SURE THAT OPG HEARD THIS PROBLEM AND THEY ARE GOING TO FIX THIS MATTER. WE LIVE IN A WORLD THAT IS NOT PERFECT SO THINGS WILL HAPPEN WE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THINGS DONT KEEP OCCURING. I ALSO ASKED WHY DO WE HAVE TO BUY TICKETS INSTEAD OF PAYING ON THE BUS AND OPG SAID IT IS A BETTER SYSTEM ,AND IT IS FOR EVEYBODYS SAFTEY WHICH I CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT,I GUESS EVERYBODY IS JUST WORRING ABOUT WHO IS RUNNING OPG IM NOT GETTING NO EXTRA MONEY SO IT DOSENT MAKE A DIFFERNCE TO ME, AS LONG AS I SEE FAMILAR FACES (RAY)AND OTHERS IM OK, AND AS LONG AS THEY ARE PROVIDING GOOD SERVICE.SO MY QUESTION IS ARE YOU CONCERNED MORE ABOUT RUMORS OR GOOD SERVICE.?:confused:

babygurl919
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Actually, the driver did have to pull off to the side of the road at one point and "power off" the bus then turn it on again. I don't think that qualifies as breaking down, but it was pretty unsettling in my opinion. But even if the bus didn't technically break down, that's not something I should even have to worry about. As a paying customer, I am making the assumption that ALL of the buses are in good condition and have been checked out before departing because those are long drives and if something happens along the way in the middle of nowhere, what happens then? Also, I understand that things happen, but judging from other people's posts, this seems to have happened to a lot of other people, so I don't think I just happened to have bad luck, but I could be wrong.

daunlynnicky
11-01-2005, 02:35 PM
is it just me or did anyone else ever notice that prison gap has a lot of loud, roudy ass chicks with no manners? if you are not one of them then take no offence to this. the last time i went to riverview with flamboyant, we had to pick up people from prison gap because their driver was too lazy to come get them. they got on our bus and tried to take control of everything, the music, the seating and how ian drives.

ANIKAN
11-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Im Pretty Sure That Those Buses Are Checked Before They Come To 58th Street,as A Paying Customer You Should Not Have To Worry About Anything,and Hopefully You Will Not Have That Problem Again,im Pretty Sure They Must Pay Attention To The Problems That They Had ,otherwise They Most Likely Would Not Be In Business For 30 Years.you Should Call Them And Speak To Someone,if Nothing Else You Can Voice Your Concerns To Them.

Manzanita
11-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Anikan,
I think that the concerns posted here about Prison Gap are alot more than just "rumors" they are about people experiencing bad service. Just because they are in business all those years does not mean anything really, just read a lot of the posts here and you will see, valid complaints. You have a right to your opinion but so do others here. please keep that in mind. Thanks,
Mrs G

ANIKAN
11-03-2005, 10:05 AM
When I Was Talking About Rumors I Was Talking About Who Is Running Prison Gap In Which I Was Responding To So If You Or Anybody Else Im Sorry. It Is Inportant To Hear Other People's Experiances,i Do Think That If People Have Problems With The Transportaion In Which They Use They Should Voice Thier Problems If Not Already.hopefully Everything Will Work Out For Everybody If That Helps Once Again Im Sorry If I Offended Anybody:(

rywill
11-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Anikan are you affiliated with Prison Gap in some way? Do you work for them, or are related or know them personally? I agree that people should have an opporunity to voice their concerns and have them heard. It seems from reading this, that Prison Gap is experiencing some needed competition, and it needs to make improvements that directly address many of the concerns in this thread.

I also think it is a very good thing to say thank you for supporting a business for 30 years. Keeping a business operating for that long definitely says that they are fulfilling a need. Many companies do Anniversary Specials. They may also want to add discounts for frequent and loyal customer ~ maybe after 5 rides with them in a 6 month period or less, that you get half off you next ride. If I was in New York, this sounds like a great business to have.

jayschic
11-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Not only are the fares reduced until March or April (I forgot which one)because of their 30 year anniversary , but it's being run by new people due to shady business that's been going on. There are new buses, a few drivers were fired, so the trips should be a lot safer now. The only thing is that they don't have any new runs, and they aren't adding night runs anytime soon.:cry: But this is a good start...;)

baker6405
11-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I AM HIGHLY UPSET WITH PRISON GAP RIGHT NOW:angry: . THE ARE HAVING A SPECIAL ON BUS FARES, BECAUSE IT'S THIER 30TH ANNIVERSARY. PERSONALLY I DON'T CARE. I WENT ON A BUS TRIP THIS PAST WEEKEND AND CAN I TELL YOU IT WAS HELL:angry: . YOU HAVE ALL TYPES OF PEOPLE RIDING BECAUSE IT IS $30. SO PEOPLE ARE LEAVING FROM THE BUSES THEY USED TO RIDE ON. I HAVE BEEN A RIDER OF PRISON GAP FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS AND I AM BEING TREATED LIKE CRAP. AT THIS POINT I AM READY TO GIVE UP ON PRISON GAP AND RIDE WITH ANOTHER COMPANY. PRISON GAP IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND THEY DO NOT CARE WHO ARE REGULARS ON THIER BUS:mad: . THE BUS RIDE WAS TERRIBLE! :angry: IT WAS COLD, TOO MANY PEOPPLE ON THE BUS, UNCOMFORTABLE AND VERY LOUD. ALSO MAKING RESERVATIONS DOES NOT MATTER EITHER. I SAY THAT BECAUSE, I MAKE MY RESERVATION A MONTH IN ADVANCED AND I AM STILL BEING CALLED WHENEVER. THEY ARE NOW PULLING THIS CRAP "WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST". WHEN DID THAT START? BECAUSE I REMEMBER STANDING OUTSIDE IN THE COLD FOR A LONG TIME WITH MY CHILD. PRISON GAP DOES WHAT THEY WANT, ACCORDING TO WHO THEY KNOW. JUST AS WELL AS THE COORDINATORS SAVING SEATS FOR WHOM THEY KNOW. TO BE HONEST, I RATHER TAKE GREYHOUND AND SPEND THAT EXTRA CASH. MONEY MEANS NOTHING TO ME WHEN IT COMES TO MY HUSBAND. LIKE EVERYONE IS BOY COTTING MCI, I AM WILLING TO DO THE SAME TO PRISON GAP. PLEASE HELP ME, I AM PISSED!:angry:

HeSoHandsome
11-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Anikan,
I think that the concerns posted here about Prison Gap are alot more than just "rumors" they are about people experiencing bad service. Just because they are in business all those years does not mean anything really, just read a lot of the posts here and you will see, valid complaints. You have a right to your opinion but so do others here. please keep that in mind. Thanks,
Mrs G
Very appropriate, and I like that Mrs G.

Gosh guys I am so sorry for your experiences. Doesn't sound much like a "thank you" to me. Actually OPG is not monopolozing. They owe a whole heap a money to an entity, maybe Premier, that I do not know, and that entity doesn't want to wait any longer to get it's money. That's why that entity stepped in, supplied the busses and lowered the prices -- to gain more ridership to get more money to hopefully clear up the debt that OPG owes them. This is why the money doesn't even touch OPG hands. By March, that entity hopes, because of the increased ridership, that the debt will be paid. Then, the service will go back the way it was, and OPG will be collecting the money again because THEN, the money will be theirs. However, if the debt ain't settled by then, it's possible that the "thank you" special may extend.

I agree with you ladies -- it is misleading about this reservation thing because yes, you must make a reservation the way you did before, but when you get out there the seating thing is still the same. Ray goes out there and shows his face like some of you've said, but the question is why doesn't he implement a new seating policy. The answer is "because OPG/Ray does not and never has cared." Like someone said, all they care about is the money, and now that they're not even getting the money, they could care even less. Everybody can't have a bad experience but darnit a whole lot of people do, and that's bad. I rode them a couple times in 1996 and after that I never went back. Here it is almost 10 years later AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED!! How can you run a monopoly when you can't even satsify the majority of your own customers.

Ladies, isn't there a van or minibus or even another bus that goes to the faciity that you go to? Is OPG the only bus that goes there? And you baker, here's a hug for you girl b/c you your peace got me where it hurt -- right in my heart. :grouphug: If only Ray could have a heart -- all of the complaints could turn to compliments. If only. :mad:

David
11-15-2005, 02:56 PM
ANIKAN,

I also find your postings "suspect" as well as one other person that has posted here that is fairly "new". Every post you have made at PTO (to date) is in regards or defense of Prison Gap, which alone wouldn't necessarily send up a flare, but many of the things you have said do not sound at all like something coming out of a customer's mouth... More like someone with a direct link to the company.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the owner or an official from Prison Gap come to this thread and address people's concerns in an OFFICIAL manner.

David

ANIKAN
12-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I Do Communicate With Opg And Do Try To Help Them Out Im Sorry If Anybody Is Bothered By This But I Would Try To Help Anybody If I Can

PBE
01-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Can anyone give me more info on Flamboyant ? Do they go on weekdays ? How much do they charge ? Who are the drivers ? Info would be very appreciated I am trying to surprise my honey on Valentine's day. He is at Auburn ...

Manzanita
02-01-2006, 05:47 PM
PBE...the number is posted above... ;)

ANIKAN
07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Has Prison Gap Service Improve ?

lilluv117
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I used Prison Gap for the first time last weekend to go to Wyoming and I have to say that I was scared from all the horror stories I've heard and read but the ride was just fine and the service was actually good. Our driver was Manny and he was very nice and funny. I would ride Prison Gap again.

danny-angel
11-21-2006, 08:33 PM
my first couple trips with prison gap was okay - no problems, but then as i visited cayuga more often. It went down hill. The driver was very impatient, he just want to drop me off in front of the facility even when the reception area wasn't opened yet. (i could have been arrested). the van was alway crowded and had transmission problems. On one sunday, the van rolled backward down the hill and there are other cars behind us and there was smokes coming from the transmission. all of us were shitting on our pants. Now I use a new van service - state prison service 718-294-1306. the driver 'curtis' is very nice. but the fare is kind of expensive $50. but in my opinion, it worth it. peace out

Bornsbeauty
11-22-2006, 07:15 AM
i've never taken prison gap, but the two times i attempted to, the bus never showed up, so i have given up on them.

jennifer2929
11-27-2006, 02:00 PM
paulys coach is cheap and good. his number is 917-621-6469 and he goes to lakeview, collins,and gowanda. he charge $40.

faymia
04-03-2007, 05:56 PM
I am looking for someone to help with a drive to Wyoming Corr from Albany. I would be willing to pick someone up along the way as well

Dezo's1N'only
12-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Wow! after reading these posts about Prison Gap and Flamboyant, my little complaint seems like nothing! i took Jetled's bus to Watertown friday nite for a sat visit... they dropped me off at a gas station/7 eleven type convenience store at 5:30 am to take a cab at 6:45 to the facility for 7am. I was trying to find an easier way but it seems like Eion wasn't that bad after all. he's the owner. Ericka was the best, she answered all my questions so politely. i'd recommend Jetled to everyone 347 680-2200. call to ask them where they go. they're buses were clean and they even stop for you to get something to eat on our way back home. please note that it is a 24hr thing thou, we left friday at about 11pm and got back on Sat at 11pm. other than that I'll use them only! if i used anyone else that would have most likely have been my first and last visit to watertown...

jalove
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I had my first experience with prison Gap this past weekend. To say they are the worst would be an understatement. Not only are they unprofessional but they just plain and simple don't give a damn. They are there to collect money and be on there way. I never want to ride there bus again and pray for those that continue to Ride. The owner of this company really needs to get his ish together.

lady winifred
02-17-2008, 05:49 PM
I have had two rides with prison gap, the first was not to bad, they rush you at the stops they make but it wasn't to bad but the ride that was a nightmare I will never try it again let me take you on the ride, here we go I stood on 58th street for an hour, okay the bus picks you up at 11pm okay we start out everyone sleeps because it's late thats a good thing, the first stop is about three hours in so why not rest, only this time one hour in we stop, rush or get left, lady in store tells us he has left people before. okay back on bus no movies so back to sleep,wake up to find we are still on high way on the side of the road, what's up the coordinator is calling cab service, why? the bus broke down two hours away from facility's now we all know if you took prison gap it's because you can't aford to take the other bus services, now the cabs wanted $120, $90 we can't pay that much and we paid Ray he collects the money before we take off. now we have to waite for bus to get fixed findally some one comes and fix's the bus, it's mike, now he is our new driver, fine now we are late for the visit and he don't know how to get to the one facility we get there at 11am instead if 8:am then we have to waite until 12 when they make space for us , okay we now have a three hour visit instead of the 6 hour visit we paid for, okay now it's time to go back, here comes the the end ofthe nightmare the driver comes late and now he gets lost we ride around watertown hub for about two hours lost before he stops and ask for help. then we are still lost because he can not follow directions, and the on star don't work, we are scheduled to pull into NYC ay 9:30pm to 10:00pm so why is it we don't pull in until 4am to many hours on the bus, why is it we can not get half the money back. Ray don't give any money back unless you bring a crop. so we just have to take anything these drivers hand us or how they treate us, Ray said "I don't care about the bus, no money back, so to Ray we are just $$$ signs I over heard one of his drivers talking about Ray giving a pay check that bounced, what's going on here, I throught ray understood how hard it is for family's to get up state to see their love ones, oh now he is making money off these poor families who cares abut them. I've seen two of his drivers quit something is wrong and Ray is the cause of it. some one needs to make Ray answer to these families. they deserve it....:angry:

laflor
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
My goodness lady what a horrific experience, let me tell you that I remember them days when my honey was up in Franklin my god I cursed every ride I took up there and prayed until that nightmare would end. Many times he screwed alot of people I saw it all, and I remember once we had an experience where we were scheduled to arrive around 9:30 and we didn't get in until 1am what did he care he pocketed his money. The sad part there is nothing that one can do becuase in reality people need this service to see there loved ones. So ur damn if u do and damned if you don't.

TSIMMONS
05-14-2008, 10:48 AM
IF ANYONE HAS THE NUMBER TO JETLED PLEASE EMAIL IT TO personal email removed due to PTO policy.

MrsCruz2012
03-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Anyone here goes to riverview correctional facility?? ..

mjeanine
04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
I must say....I htink things have changed on PRison gapp...I took then this past Saturday night for a Sunday visit to Midstate..and I had no problems what s ever. We stopped anytime someone even thought about using the bathroom. Stopped for food and leg stretching. The driver was great and even gave us his number when we were coming out of the visit to call him. Believe me I read all these posts before going but I had no other way to get there and I am glad it went GREAT......

jayny24
06-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I took flamboyant my very first time goin to see DD, and people let me tell you, I will never and I have not taken that bus again. They tell you to be somewhere at one time and they showed up 2 hours late. then we had an extra long wait in the bronx and I didnt even know why. I think they way waiting to get someone from another bus.

Then when we did pull off, i fell asleep when we got on the highway, all for me to wake up to us lost somewhere in pa or jersey at night. he must have gotten off the wrong stop, cuz we had to stop at the gas station to get directions.

And did i mention I was goin to Five Points my very first trip??!! Not a good way to start.

When i find out which jail dd is goin to when he get out the box and if it is close enough, I will take i think its manny, is he the one that give out coupons??? if not then I will take the one who gives out coupons. And i think this time I will take the van, but there is something about taking the bus with the other people. havent met anyone on the bus, but now that I am on here, maybe one day I will meet a new friend to talk too. :o :)

prphattie
06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I want to start this off saying kissemit bus service the worse experience i ever had. The bus broke down in the middle of no where and had to wait for another company to come and pick us up. The driver was friendly and had a tv which was a plus lol. The company that picked us up was flamboyant and ever since i have been taking them. So far no complaints.

Mz Rodriguez
06-24-2009, 10:55 PM
I would warn anyone from taking operation prison gap. This was my first trip to attica to see my fiance, so i was hoping atleast for a good 1st time experience. For starters, i had made a reservation a week ahead, they didnt have my name on the list along with many other people, so everyone just sat where ever there was open seats & then there wasnt enough open seats so they had to send people on different buses. The ride was alright, we stopped once around 4am. We arrive at attica around 7:30 or so... I had a great visit. And then is was a horror show after that. After our 1st rest stop around 6pm...we continue 30 minutes and all hell breaks loose. people start yelling in the back that the bus was filling up with smoke and telling the driver to stop. he wouldnt. after about 10 minutes it got even worse so we pull over, people get off and some was even jumping out the windows.:eek: He calls for help and tells us that a bus will come to pick us up in 45min- an hour... 2 hours pass... its pitch black out, on the side of the highway. A guy comes on our bus and explains to us that the bus is not on fire and wont go on fire and that something was clogged in the engine so he said he would take over so he could watch through the mirror to see how bad it is and if we can make it back to the city (I thought he was a mechanic or something). So now were driving about another 20 minutes, smoke starts happening again, then something starts popping in the back (sounded like the tire popped) and it kept happening, so again everyone wanted off the bus... he gets off the next exit and pulls into a closed gas station (in the middle of no where) Everyone is pushing, screaming and freaking out. Me aswell. Then all of a sudden i see the people who are already off the bus pointing at the back of the bus and running into the forrest. so i knew something was reallllyyy wrong. i push the lady in front of me that was too busy trying to get her things :angry:... I get off and i see the whole back of the bus sparking and smoking up... everyone realizes where in a gas station and thinks the whole block was going to blow up, people were histerical crying, throwing up and everything. the fire truck came by soon after and we got onto another bus which was alot smaller. which at that point no one cared. we just wanted to get home. Turns out we didnt get back to the city until 2am. I understand things like this do happen. But i think if people are screaming to stop the bus for an emergency reason, it shouldnt be such a problem as it was. Sooo prison gap is deff crossed out in my book. and im sure they lost alot of loyal riders that day. Plus the guy who runs everything said we couldnt have a discount because we "got out visit".

Queen*JW*25
06-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I would warn anyone from taking operation prison gap. This was my first trip to attica to see my fiance, so i was hoping atleast for a good 1st time experience. For starters, i had made a reservation a week ahead, they didnt have my name on the list along with many other people, so everyone just sat where ever there was open seats & then there wasnt enough open seats so they had to send people on different buses. The ride was alright, we stopped once around 4am. We arrive at attica around 7:30 or so... I had a great visit. And then is was a horror show after that. After our 1st rest stop around 6pm...we continue 30 minutes and all hell breaks loose. people start yelling in the back that the bus was filling up with smoke and telling the driver to stop. he wouldnt. after about 10 minutes it got even worse so we pull over, people get off and some was even jumping out the windows.:eek: He calls for help and tells us that a bus will come to pick us up in 45min- an hour... 2 hours pass... its pitch black out, on the side of the highway. A guy comes on our bus and explains to us that the bus is not on fire and wont go on fire and that something was clogged in the engine so he said he would take over so he could watch through the mirror to see how bad it is and if we can make it back to the city (I thought he was a mechanic or something). So now were driving about another 20 minutes, smoke starts happening again, then something starts popping in the back (sounded like the tire popped) and it kept happening, so again everyone wanted off the bus... he gets off the next exit and pulls into a closed gas station (in the middle of no where) Everyone is pushing, screaming and freaking out. Me aswell. Then all of a sudden i see the people who are already off the bus pointing at the back of the bus and running into the forrest. so i knew something was reallllyyy wrong. i push the lady in front of me that was too busy trying to get her things :angry:... I get off and i see the whole back of the bus sparking and smoking up... everyone realizes where in a gas station and thinks the whole block was going to blow up, people were histerical crying, throwing up and everything. the fire truck came by soon after and we got onto another bus which was alot smaller. which at that point no one cared. we just wanted to get home. Turns out we didnt get back to the city until 2am. I understand things like this do happen. But i think if people are screaming to stop the bus for an emergency reason, it shouldnt be such a problem as it was. Sooo prison gap is deff crossed out in my book. and im sure they lost alot of loyal riders that day. Plus the guy who runs everything said we couldnt have a discount because we "got out visit".

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. The horrors of prison gap countinues. Im sorry you had to learn this way how horrible they are. Some people actually prefer to ride with them but 8 of 10 times the buses break down, wassup wit that!

angieny
07-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Help! I'm trying to go to Midstate this saturday (7-25) evening visit. I've tried prison gap and the usually others but no luck. My last hope is Flamboyant, but all the numbers I can find come back temporarily disconnected. I'd be willing to try amtrak, greyhound. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

louslady
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Any services to Willard?

louslady
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I do have to say that I was taking Prison Gap to Attica back in 2006 for about and year. It was a purple bus and Manny was the driver - I had no problems with him. I then started making the drive myself : ) - we car pooled it.

Now I am back at this again and have to go to Willard - any thoughts?

mane's heart
08-28-2009, 06:04 PM
i would warn anyone from taking operation prison gap. This was my first trip to attica to see my fiance, so i was hoping atleast for a good 1st time experience. For starters, i had made a reservation a week ahead, they didnt have my name on the list along with many other people, so everyone just sat where ever there was open seats & then there wasnt enough open seats so they had to send people on different buses. The ride was alright, we stopped once around 4am. We arrive at attica around 7:30 or so... I had a great visit. And then is was a horror show after that. After our 1st rest stop around 6pm...we continue 30 minutes and all hell breaks loose. People start yelling in the back that the bus was filling up with smoke and telling the driver to stop. He wouldnt. After about 10 minutes it got even worse so we pull over, people get off and some was even jumping out the windows.:eek: He calls for help and tells us that a bus will come to pick us up in 45min- an hour... 2 hours pass... Its pitch black out, on the side of the highway. A guy comes on our bus and explains to us that the bus is not on fire and wont go on fire and that something was clogged in the engine so he said he would take over so he could watch through the mirror to see how bad it is and if we can make it back to the city (i thought he was a mechanic or something). So now were driving about another 20 minutes, smoke starts happening again, then something starts popping in the back (sounded like the tire popped) and it kept happening, so again everyone wanted off the bus... He gets off the next exit and pulls into a closed gas station (in the middle of no where) everyone is pushing, screaming and freaking out. Me aswell. Then all of a sudden i see the people who are already off the bus pointing at the back of the bus and running into the forrest. So i knew something was reallllyyy wrong. I push the lady in front of me that was too busy trying to get her things :angry:... I get off and i see the whole back of the bus sparking and smoking up... Everyone realizes where in a gas station and thinks the whole block was going to blow up, people were histerical crying, throwing up and everything. The fire truck came by soon after and we got onto another bus which was alot smaller. Which at that point no one cared. We just wanted to get home. Turns out we didnt get back to the city until 2am. I understand things like this do happen. But i think if people are screaming to stop the bus for an emergency reason, it shouldnt be such a problem as it was. Sooo prison gap is deff crossed out in my book. And im sure they lost alot of loyal riders that day. Plus the guy who runs everything said we couldnt have a discount because we "got out visit".

i can't believe this happened to you. Sorry to hear that sweetie. Ontime transportation is a good bus service. Don't know if they go to midstate but u can find out # is 1 (877) 341-5768. Good luck!

rellswifey
10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
does anybody know of a bus company that goes to greene ??????
please i really need to go see my fiance

rellswifey
10-08-2009, 11:12 PM
i need to find a bus that goes to greene ......if you can please let me know....please and thank you////

babygirl1179
11-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Help! I'm trying to go to Midstate this saturday (7-25) evening visit. I've tried prison gap and the usually others but no luck. My last hope is Flamboyant, but all the numbers I can find come back temporarily disconnected. I'd be willing to try amtrak, greyhound. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

You can try Manny's to get to midstate 718-469-1170 Flambouyants new number is 718-696-8147

ElizabethLong
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi,
I'm a NYC freelance broadcast journalist researching a story on prison bus services and Prison Gap. I'd be interested in speaking with anyone who has used Prison Gap or a prison bus service and would like to share their experience good or bad. We're currently doing background research on this pitch and fleshing out experiences had on these buses, so you wouldn't have to give your name or be on-air etc. if you are not interested.

Reading about the experiences on this forum has been so interesting. These are the types of stories we'd love to explore.

You can reach me (pm) My name is Elizabeth. Thank you in advance.

onelove823
11-21-2009, 10:25 PM
I am reading these bus stories and clenching my teeth. I generally drive to see my boo. the farthest was when he was 6 hours away. Now he is 4.5 hours and i have been thinking of taking a bus service to save money. my whole issue is that most of the services are leaving and returning to nyc.does anyone know of any services from upstate like around albany area? does pg have a service upstate? Anyone willing to car pool?

brooks
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Advisory for PTO Members Regarding Requests from Journalists & Members of the Media, and Students/Researchers:

PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.

We will, occasionally, allow the media or students/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members. However, PTO does not endorse any journalist, member of the media, story/report, media outlet, student/researcher, or educational/research institution.

If you decide to communicate with a media representative or a researcher, then you assume all of the risks involved. PTO is in no way liable for the outcome of the story/report/paper. Communication with members of the media and students/researchers is completely voluntarily and PTO holds no responsibility for the consequences of that communication.

PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from an educational/research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.

As always, the disclosure of personal information (either yours or someone that is incarcerated) may have some serious repercussions. PTO has no way of predicting how the media or any researcher will present your story or that of your loved one. Any relationship with the media or any researchers is to be entered into at your own risk.

If you receive an unsolicited email or private message from a person claiming to be from the media or researching information for an educational or research institution, report it to the PTO Administration immediately.

Manuela
01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
I go on prison cap and i never had no problem with the bus driver i went once to upstate correctional but now i been going to Attica.. They drive very safe because my son been going on that bus since he was 5 months old and my baby boy be the only baby on the bus.. Now he 20 months old and we going again this month for V-day.. I love it and we be the last prison they go too and the last people they pick up so we have full visit times the other prisons have to get out of there visits early.. I just love it.. I feel sorry for the ya other people that goes on prison cap.. But i don't be getting home till 2 in the moring on sunday because i take the metro north down to 51 columbus and get my hair and stuff done.. Than we don't get back to the bus stop till saturday nite around 10 at night than i have to catch the metro north back upstate because i live upstate.. it be a long two days for me because the baby be outside for two days straight and it be hard but im gonna get thru this and i have to go see a lifer person in prison..

Love margie

chaney&jo
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
i really looking for a bus to take me to wende correctional facility please if anyone know of any let me know. thank you

LovingURM
06-06-2010, 07:12 AM
As far as prison gap experiences, I took prison gap to upstate correctional and had a great ride... we arrived early at the facility and got back to the city at like 10pm... I'd definitely mess with prison gap again

Happy in Love
08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
I currently ride up with Flambouyant. I can say that I have had my moments with the crazy rides however there are 3 drivers that I can say get me to see my loved one safe and sound. I also get home in a timely and safe fashion. I have also had a few trips with Kismet. They are ok however I get home much later than I would with Flambouyant. I guess it's the luck of the draw.

O's Sweetheart
10-01-2010, 06:12 AM
I use Prison Gap. Have been since July and so far no major issues. Just one time, the battery went dead. Besides that, we always get there early and no other problems. Some times, the ghetto people talking loud and once getting high on the bus smdh! I have a car, but refuse to drive the long hours alone, so this will do for now. I can't wait til my honey is transferred closer so I can drive to see him and never have to deal with the ghetto people again. Like someone else said, they crowd up and the whole process is very disorganized. But as far as the ride, no complaints. I hope things improve... and no one gets hurt or anything.

nycgal
10-17-2010, 08:51 PM
My niece and I took Prison Gap to Attica about 2 months ago and from the beginning I had a feeling it was going to be rockey. First place I called 1 wk in advance and told them I wanted 2 seats, gave names. Called 2 days in advance just to confirm and they said all was ok. When it was time to board the bus (they overbook to cover their a..) my nieces name was no where to be found. We got lucky and of course there was a few no shows so she got on. To me a reservation is a reservation the person we were visiting was waiting with much anticipation for the vist it would have been outragious if we were "no shows"

Bus driver from hell with an attitude as well almost left my niece at a pitt stop because there was a line. I told him to wait and he got on the thru way any way :angry: I pulled out my cell phone and said I was calling the state troopers and they would pull over the freakin bus!! the person who was the escort actually was very nice and talked him into a u turn.

On the way back this loony driver again, pulls out a video because people were complaining that the one that he put on was the same one going up.What did this guy put on? A movie that had quite a bit of porn, yes there were kids like 9 and 10 on the bus it was the middle of the night so their moms were sleeping. Helloo poor judgement to the max :eek:! We did arrive alive and home in good time, but if you have back issues take a pillow. He had really no patience and was really speeding the entire time so it was a rocky ride and he was a total idiot.

Would I use them again, probably not I will try the other guy Chauncy who's busses looked cleaner and sounds more sane when you talk to him.

Good luck it's not for the faint of heart but neither is a visit oh I brought a skirt that wasn't even short it was right to my knee (I'm in my 50's so I wasn't trying to look hot) and they wouldn't let me in :mad: I had to go back to the reception and put back on my jeans that I wore on the bus. Thank God I had them. It was my first visit to Attica but wow have they changed the dress code since the 70's when I used to visit. Bring extra clothes just in case. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps....

Miss N Mike
12-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I am a little scared to ask this question!!!
Does any one have the recent number for prision gap?

futuremrzC
08-04-2011, 09:59 AM
i use prison gap and i like it the coordinater lisa is wonderful on my friday-saturday ride ...some drivers have there flaws but the only complaint i usually have is the loud ass passengers lol my honey told me never take my ass on a flamboyant bus lol

futuremrzC
08-05-2011, 07:36 AM
i am a little scared to ask this question!!!
Does any one have the recent number for prision gap?

718-328-0291

HzAngel
01-22-2012, 08:34 PM
My husband sent me a brochure to visit him on upstate, I've tried to go on the website listed and have called al the phone numbers listed.... Results.. Nothing. Regarding these post, maybe I should just rent acar?? Is this company even legit? I don't know how to contact them. #Confused

Momma Ann
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
718-328-0291 (tel:17183280291)
Websitehttp://www.prisongap.net (http://www.prisongap.net/)

HzAngel
01-31-2012, 11:17 PM
I found out I guess another company in midtown..

HzAngel
01-31-2012, 11:21 PM
I called the number and it was someone's personal line and they Hung up on me.. :(

Momma Ann
02-01-2012, 04:10 AM
that is the number on their web site. Don't know what to tell you.

HzAngel
02-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Ok. Thank you anyway. It is prison gap, what is flamboyant bus? Do u know if its the same thing?

Jada&Bee
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I have only used Prison Gap and I must say everytime was a good experience. But it was actually not Prison Gap but another bus service but I forgot their name. they were awesome and i only wish they go to five points now. I used them when i was goint to I think midstate and elmira.

4_U_2_Envie
06-11-2012, 06:34 PM
I called the number and it was someone's personal line and they Hung up on me.. :(

its true they did that to me too that is not their number. it is a private house phone so when I called them and they told me that I told them their number was listed publicly as a transportation service.

futuremrzC
07-01-2012, 01:02 PM
1718 328 0291 prison gap bus company

SusanWayward
07-01-2012, 03:35 PM
but wow have they changed the dress code since the 70's when I used to visit.

This dress code harassment is ridiculous. I have culture shock.

Families need to Occupy the DOC.