View Full Version : Sunday Night Slow Jams

scca
02-20-2006, 03:07 PM
I wanted to let all of you know that on Sunday nights the guys can listen to “Sunday Night Slow Jams” with RDUB on 102.5 KDON from 6-10pm. If you have never listened to the show before it is mostly R&B, oldies, and love songs. You can call RDUB and make an “oral expression” and it will be played on air on Sunday nights, or you can e-mail your “oral expression” to RDUB and he will read it. Most of the “oral expressions” are to the incarcerated so it would probably put a smile on your loved ones face, especially if it’s your voice saying the dedication. If your local radio station does not broadcast “Sunday Night Slow Jams” you can listen live for your dedication at www.slowjams.com (http://www.slowjams.com) .

Oral Expression and Slow Jams request line: 1-866-4-Slow Jams (1-866-475-6952)

Here is a list on radio stations that broadcast “Sunday Night Slow Jams”

Albuquerque, NM Kiss 97.3FM
Abilene, TX Power 103FM
Amarillo, TX Power 98.7FM
Anchorage, AK K-Fat 92.9FM
Bakersfield, CA Play 103-9FM
Bloomington, IL Power 92FM
Brawley, CA Q96FM
Camden, AR Magic 104.5FM
Chico, CA Club 96.7FM
Champaign/Decatur, IL Hot 105.5FM
Colorado Springs, CO 96.1FM The Beat
Denver, CO KS107-5FM
El Centro/Imperial, CA Q96FM
England Zeta Digital
Fairbanks, AK Wolf 98FM
Fayetteville, AR Hot Mix 101.9FM
Fresno, CA Q 97FM
Honolulu, HI Hot 93.9FM
Lake Charles, LA Hot 97.9FM
Las Cruces, NM Hot 103FM
Lima, OH 92 Zoo
Little Rock, AR Hot 96.5FM
Lubbock, TX 104.9FM The Beat
Medford, OR 107 Kiss FM
Mexicali, Mexico Q96FM
Ocean City, MD Magic 98.9FM
Palm Springs, CA U 92.7FM
Peoria, IL Power 92FM
Phoenix, AZ 104.7 Kiss FM
Portland, OR Z-100FM
Reno, NV WiLD 102.9FM
Riverside/ San Bernardino, CA WiLD 96FM
Salinas/Monterey, CA 102.5 KDON
Sacramento, CA 103.5FM The Bomb
Salisbury, MD Magic 98.9FM
San Diego, CA Blazin' 98.9FM
San Jose, CA 102.5FM KDON
San Luis Obispo, CA WiLD 106FM
Santa Rosa, CA Hot 98.7FM
Seattle, WA X-104FM
South Bend, IN Power 95.7FM
Stockton/Modesto, CA 97.7FM & 98.3FM KWIN
Tijuana, Mexico Blazin' 98.9FM
Tucson, AZ Hot 98.3FM (5 nights a week! Sunday-Thursday!)
Tulsa, OK 92.1FM The Beat
Wichita, KS Power 93.9FM
Yakima, WA 107.3FFM
Yuma, AZ Q96FM
Live Internet Stream slowjams.com listen live 24 HOURS A DAY

“Sunday Night Slow Jams” Website:

http://www.sundaynightslowjams.com/Content/Main.aspx?pageId=1 (http://www.sundaynightslowjams.com/Content/Main.aspx?pageId=1)

NENAZ
02-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks Megan

scca
02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I heard that it can take a couple of weeks to get your dedication on, but worth the wait.
meg

shawnie21
02-20-2006, 05:23 PM
I am definately going to do that. I always loved to listen to Sunday night oldies on a local station here in San Jose. My boyfriend would walk into the house, and say here we go again, the same music, the same songs, every week. I'd tell him, thats right and I love it, so too bad. But since he has been gone I cant listen to them anymore because hearing them reminds me of him and it makes me so sad that I end up crying alot. But I do want to do this, I'll tell him to listen for my dedication. Thanks again, you are my hero, once again Megan!

TheGeneralsWife
02-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I emailed mine today and I know my husband listens so i will let you guys know how long it takes to get it on there. I wonder if they have my song though. Nobody seems to know it. Adore by Prince. If you haven't heard it check it out, it is some realy Stuff right there. and the part where he says, "scratch up my car, well may not my car..." That is my husband and his Jag. He LOVED that car, so it makes me think of him so much!

scca
03-01-2006, 11:08 AM
So have you heard anything yet? Maybe this Sunday, I am going to be listening. I love the Sunday Night Slow Jams program and I bet when your man hears your “oral expression” he is going to be soooo happy:D .
megan

I emailed mine today and I know my husband listens so i will let you guys know how long it takes to get it on there. I wonder if they have my song though. Nobody seems to know it. Adore by Prince. If you haven't heard it check it out, it is some realy Stuff right there. and the part where he says, "scratch up my car, well may not my car..." That is my husband and his Jag. He LOVED that car, so it makes me think of him so much!

TheGeneralsWife
03-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Back when Marcus G was on KDON I called up and left him a dedication and he was so excited because he didn't know I could get KDON in San Jose. I guess all the other guys heard it too because they kept telling my husband that he was so lucky and they would mess around and sing the song to him that I dedicated... At your best by the Isleys, but Marcus played the Aaliyah version, oh well.

scca
03-07-2006, 09:45 AM
So what ever happen? Did they play your song on Sunday? I was listening but I didn’t hear anything? I heard him say that he gets thousands of “oral expressions”, it must be hard for him to fit them all into the show. Well I am listening for your dedication….
Megan

Tina_J
03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
This is a great idea! Thanks for posting this Megan!!! Would be a cool idea for birthdays too:)

TheGeneralsWife
03-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I have been listening too but I haven't heard it yet. I will let you know when I do. Maybe this Sunday will be our day!

Pinky99
03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Hello SVSP/CTF ladies :wave:. As you all know my honey is at CMC but I dropped by because I listen to R Dub "Sunday Night Slow Jams" every Sunday night. I hear it on my way how from my visit. Then I'll finish listening to the show online.

I've been making oral expressions to R Dub for years....so you can say I'm a "regular" on there! LOL :haha:

It does take a few weeks for him to play your oral expression on the air once you make it. He gets so many that you're not guaranteed that it will even be played.

So if you ladies hear an oral expression from "Lisa in San Jose" then that's me! :wave: :wave:

scca
03-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Generals Wife, what is going on with your oral expression?

Megan

JaimeeLynn
03-31-2006, 08:59 PM
I remember when Lisa told me about this station...we don't get it down here, I have to listen online, but, I make sure I call every Sunday night from work and a few have gotten on the air! My husband loves it! He will call the next day and tell me: "Heard my song last night...."

Pinky99
04-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I remember when Lisa told me about this station...we don't get it down here, I have to listen online, but, I make sure I call every Sunday night from work and a few have gotten on the air! My husband loves it! He will call the next day and tell me: "Heard my song last night...."

Aww, I'm glad I was of help. :thumbsup:

Nissan's Girl
04-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks for posting this Slow Jam info! My honey's birthday is on April 29th. I wonder if I send my oral expression in now if they can get it on the air in time for his big day?

Pinky99
04-03-2006, 05:51 PM
I was sooo happy, I heard my oral expression on the radio last night. Did anyone else hear me? :yay:

JaimeeLynn
04-03-2006, 06:14 PM
No, what did you say and what song was it? Mine didn't get played!

scca
04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I heard it Lisa from San Jose.....LOL I bet he was happy.
megan

Pinky99
04-03-2006, 10:21 PM
No, what did you say and what song was it? Mine didn't get played!

Gosh, to be honest with you I don't even remember what I said, but I heard my voice! LOL They didn't play a specific song just my oral expression.

I heard it Lisa from San Jose.....LOL I bet he was happy.
megan

Yup girly, that was me! I just got off the phone with my man and he said he heard it. He said he was writing me a letter and all of a sudden this voice that sounded like my lady appeared on the radio! :haha: He's such a cutie pie! :blush:

JaimeeLynn
04-04-2006, 12:02 PM
AAAAWWWW, that's so sweet!

Kevin's Jenn
04-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I was almost home from the best visit we've ever had. I realized how much IN love with Kevin I really am and when I got almost to my street the Sunday Slow Jams started and I heard the dedications to people who were in prison and I got goose bumps and started to cry cause it was so sweet.

Slow Jams
04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey, it's R Dub...I'm here!

Shout out to my girl Lisa from San Jose, who's always calling in and showing love, and everyone else who listens.

It does take me a minute to get Oral Expressions on, because we are on over 40 stations, and sooooo many come in. But thank you so much for your patience, and please know I always try my best to get as many on as I can...and General's Wife--I DO have Prince's "Adore," although it might take me a second to find it.

And one last thing...if Sunday Nite Slow Jams isn't on in your city, would you please contact your local radio station and ask them to air it? It's free for them to air. The more calls and e-mails they get, the better chance they will put it on!

Here's a list of radio stations in EVERY city and state and their contact info:

http://www.sundaynightslowjams.com/Content/Main.aspx?PageId=107

Thank you all again, and please check out www.slowjams.com (http://www.slowjams.com) for everything Slow Jams related.

Peace and love,

R Dub!

scca
04-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks R DUB for playing our “slow jams.” Pretty soon the whole world will be listening to “Slow Jams” every Sunday night. We will handle biz and spread the word.
Megan

Owwlala
04-07-2006, 03:59 AM
There is a local Salinas CA station known as KHDC @ 90.9 FM, that does dedications on Thursday and Sunday evenings. From 7-9 they play Freestyle music and then from 9-midnight they play old skool, R&B, soul and even some new stuff depending on the song you dedicate. The DJ on Thursday will allow you to make a shout out but the Sunday DJ gets ALOTTA ded's so he keeps it short and sweet. It is a long distance call but the songs usually get played unlike on KDON who randomly gets the dedications on since it uses a nationwide email. Good luck! The number is (831) 758-5432

JaimeeLynn
04-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for stopping by RDub! I will gladly put the word in down here in the L.A. Area...it's really hard to sit by a computer all night to listen to the show. I think you may have to compete with Art Laboe, however, on some of the stations down this way. I will do what I can to get the word out!

TheGeneralsWife
04-07-2006, 11:41 AM
OH MY GOD R DUB!!!!! I love Adore, that was the song that they would have played to introduce MR and Mrs. Washington had we been married on the streets. I listen every week so I can't wait to hear my song. I truely Adore that man!!!!

Thanks for mentioning that and it is great to see you on PTO!!!

Pinky99
04-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey, it's R Dub...I'm here!

Shout out to my girl Lisa from San Jose, who's always calling in and showing love, and everyone else who listens.

Hey R Dub, well don't I just feel special getting a shout out from you! :p Yup, you know I'm the one buggin you every weekend. I haven't heard the oral expression that I made live with you. Remember when you were like, "Oh is this Lisa from San Jose," and I said yes." Then you were like, "and you're making an oral expression to Kid from San Luis Obispo?" Then you said, "see I'm like the Onstar system, I'm tracking you down." R Dub I couldn't stop laughing because I guess I call you so much that you have all my info down! LOL :haha: Bobby's going to get a kick out of it when he hears that oral expression.

Keep up the good work and you already know that I've been bugging the guys from Clear Channel in San Francisco to get you on the radio down her! :thumbsup:

:heart: - Lisa from San Jose

BROWNEYEZ23
04-09-2006, 09:50 PM
That's A Good Idea Cause My Baby's B-day Is In May, I Am Going To Start Now So He Will Hear My Message On But I Am Shooting For Live!!! I Started So Now I Wont Rest Until It's Heard By My Baby....

TheGeneralsWife
04-10-2006, 10:39 AM
It would be cool to hear it on KMEL and/or WILD 94.9, maybe slow down our drive a little. I'll write the program manager up there as well.

scca
04-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I called in to R Dub on Saturday to do my “oral expression”, so lets see how long it takes……
Megan

TheGeneralsWife
04-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I can't wait to hear it!

scca
04-25-2006, 10:28 AM
R Dub played my computer “oral expression” this past Sunday. Maybe my actual “oral expression” will be in a couple weeks. Bad thing is my boyfriend said he cant get the station good in Avenal, but he said he is going to work on it and try and hook up a “supper antenna” LOL. Also I listen to “Sunday Night Slow Jams”” on 102.5 KDON just like the guys in Soledad and it seems like KDON has been playing the same show (repeat) for the past weeks…..it is not the same show they play on www.slowjams.com (http://www.slowjams.com/) and that is where I heard my “oral expression.”
Megan

TheGeneralsWife
04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
That sucks. I think we will have to write KDON and let them know to play the newest ashow because Iknow my husband is listening for our song as well.

scca
04-26-2006, 01:09 PM
I know we will! Maybe it was just me but it seemed like I had been hearing the same dedications for two weeks.
Megan

Pinky99
04-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey ladies, my live oral expression with R Dub was played this past weekend. My man heard it and he was soooo happy. Thanks R Dub! :thumbsup:

BROWNEYEZ23
04-28-2006, 12:12 PM
i am still waiting for mines cause there have been more then one but i am verry hopeful.........

Pinky99
05-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey Megan, is your man's name Jason????? If so, then I heard your oral expression last night! :D

scca
05-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Yea that is him!!!! Figures it was the first time I didn’t listen.
Megan

Pinky99
05-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Don't worry girl, I heard yours but I didn't here mine! lol My man called me tonight and first thing he said was, "baby I heard your oral expression last night. You were live on the radio with R Dub.....I love you too baby!" I didn't say a word because I didn't want to burst his bubble and tell him I wasn't listening! So both you & I Megan didn't hear our own oral expressions! :haha:

scca
05-02-2006, 09:40 AM
I know! Last night when I was talking to my man I told him about the oral expression that I did awhile back and I could tell by his voice he was disappointed that he doesn’t get the station. He was like ….”what did you say? What song did they play after? Did you say Jason in Avenal or Soledad? Cause if you didn’t say my city there are a lot of Jason’s out there, and they probably thought it was going out to them.” Talk about the third degree…LOL I didn’t want to but I had to tell him I wasn’t listening cause I couldn’t answer any of his question. Maybe the next one I will catch.
Megan

HouTexAngel
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I was recently asked by my fiance to make a dedication to him on Slow Jams and to my surprise found out I can't listen to the show because it is not broadcast in Houston. I contacted R Dub and he asked me to contact my radio station here in Houston and to request that his show be broadcast. I did! I think that if we ban together we can get Slow Jams on the Houston and Dallas market. Please read the email R Dub sent me (sorry had to emit the link) and your help will be greatly apprecaited. :)

Hi Sylvia,

Of course! Just go to the slow jams web site and click on REQUESTS or ORAL EXPRESSIONS, or you can call 1-877-209-0631 (toll free).

By the way, I've been trying my hardest to get Houston to pick up my show...please e-mail your local stations and tell them you want Sunday Nite Slow Jams! Here's all the info to e-mail them:

Thank you so much!!!

KLINUS
12-11-2006, 04:04 PM
My son told me yesterday that the only station he gets in Salinas is 90.9. I called the station and they do dedications on Thursday night. The number is 831-758-5432 to make the dedications. I didn't ask if they do them other nights.

TheGeneralsWife
12-11-2006, 06:18 PM
What kind of station is that? I know that KDON 102.5 plays this show

KLINUS
12-11-2006, 07:42 PM
What kind of station is that? I know that KDON 102.5 plays this show

He said they play spanish music in the daytime and american music at night. You know I'm not sure what style music it is. I'll ask him when he calls.

Pinky99
12-11-2006, 08:08 PM
My son told me yesterday that the only station he gets in Salinas is 90.9. I called the station and they do dedications on Thursday night. The number is 831-758-5432 to make the dedications. I didn't ask if they do them other nights.

The Sunday Night Slow Jams can be heard every Sunday in Salinas, CA on 102.5 KDON. I listen to it every Sunday when I'm driving by the prison and I get it just fine. :thumbsup:

KLINUS
12-11-2006, 10:35 PM
The Sunday Night Slow Jams can be heard every Sunday in Salinas, CA on 102.5 KDON. I listen to it every Sunday when I'm driving by the prison and I get it just fine. :thumbsup:

90.9 is not the slow jams show. This is a different one. I will get more info and then post it.

momof1angel
12-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Jimmy listens to 94.5 KBAY from 7pm to 12am...... That is soft rock, love songs...Etc etc......

TheGeneralsWife
12-19-2006, 12:00 PM
We love hearing them as much as our men do so thank you for coming here to let us know you get them. I love your show I just wish I could hear it more often. Sometimes I get KDON in San Jose, sometimes I can't.

Pinky99
12-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Wow...thanks for all the comments, and I am so glad you are hearing your Oral Expressions. You can always reach me through my website, slow jams dot com. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and your families!

Hey R Dub....guess who????? LOL :haha: It's your favorite listener who bugs you every weekend. I still laugh about your "onstar" comment! :p Anyhow, I just want you to know that you and your show are very much appreciate by my fiance & I. Oh and happy late birthday. Better, late then never right! :thumbsup:

~Lisa~