View Full Version : How to get married in County Jail?

oncemore1215
03-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Hello I Was Wondering If Any Of You Have Information On Marriage In The County Jail? Who Can I Contact And How Long Is The Process? Any Info Please

Cubana
03-31-2006, 02:49 AM
what county??? I can help if your in Orange county. I got married there.

MrsForeverMine
03-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Heavenly Wedding Chapel {323} 581-3861 ask for Ivan

They do all kinds of weddings even in the Los Angeles County Jails. Good luck.

plpiper
04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Ivy House In Inglewood, Ca.

shygirl323
06-14-2006, 04:13 PM
I suggest the ivy house. I know this place is legit because my parents and grandparents were married there way back when. So its been around for a while. They also can do them last minute. You have to have cash too.

shygirl323
06-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Ivy House
(310) 673-4000
705 S Inglewood Ave
Inglewood, CA 90301

stretchnme
07-14-2006, 06:36 PM
1-714-997-5800 i got married at wayside.they will go anywhere\

JESSEWIFE
07-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi Was It Easy To Do. Did Cost Alot Do You Get To Hold Him Or Get Akiss Please Give Me Advice On How To Go About It Asap Thanks Alot

BEE1227
07-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Ivy House i recomend it i would give you the info but someone already gave you the # you can either do it by phone or they can schedule it in county behind glass by phone it about $200 and behind glass its about 500 if Im not wrong call its a very nice place with very nice people GOOD LUCK and Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!:)

daddyslildvl
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
hey you can call this number (323) 581-3861 they will do everything for you... its about $450 they will meet you there and do all the paper work... if you call asap you might be able to do it by next visit...

lady_napolean
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
:thumbsup: I had no idea that people could still get married while in the COUNTY jail system. I've been assuming they had to wait until they got transfered to the state prison system.

HisWifey7707
06-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Any info on getting married in San Bernardino County Jail and how much it would cost?

mexhika_luv
07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
how about getting married in riverside county jail?? my fiancee's at robert presley and we wanna get married before he gets sent upstate...does anyone know how the process goes??

help!:confused:

tessa78
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Quick question has anyone ever had a problem with the CA prison system recognizing a marriage license issued by the Ivy House. My fiance and I are going to do it through them this month and I don't want to run into any problems when he goes to state as far as them recognizing it as a real marriage. Any help would be appreciated.

Tessa

ldiaz909
07-25-2007, 01:42 AM
Not sure if it is accepted, but I thought of doing it through Ivy house also before I checked their better business breau profile. It is not too great.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=130171 45

Quick question has anyone ever had a problem with the CA prison system recognizing a marriage license issued by the Ivy House. My fiance and I are going to do it through them this month and I don't want to run into any problems when he goes to state as far as them recognizing it as a real marriage. Any help would be appreciated.

Tessa

tessa78
07-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I've checked on the better business bureau's website and saw that they have an F rating, but it doesn't specifically say that it has anything to do with inmate weddings. It could mean anything from not handling a customer complaint promptly to refund issues. I also spoke with my fiance's lawyer and he said that there shouldn't be a problem because these people are dealing with the courts and that they wouldn't be in business for as long as they have if they were handing out fake licenses. I just wanted to know if anyone has actually experienced problems with it. I guess I just want some additional reassurance.

Thanks,
Tessa

SierraFamily
07-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Wow I did it a few weeks ago and Now you have me scared, I should of looked into that. What do I do now? I hope they didn't jack me for my $$ because it did cost a lot- Please any one have any problems? I wonder if I should go to the Hall of Records?

teajai71
07-31-2007, 11:25 PM
I've checked on the better business bureau's website and saw that they have an F rating, but it doesn't specifically say that it has anything to do with inmate weddings. It could mean anything from not handling a customer complaint promptly to refund issues. I also spoke with my fiance's lawyer and he said that there shouldn't be a problem because these people are dealing with the courts and that they wouldn't be in business for as long as they have if they were handing out fake licenses. I just wanted to know if anyone has actually experienced problems with it. I guess I just want some additional reassurance.

Thanks,
Tessa

I got married at Ivy House two and a half years ago. We did it over the phone and he signed the license at Wayside visiting the next weekend. He is now at CTF-Soledad and we are up for our third family visit. It cost us about $350 - $400 back then, but it was still slightly cheaper than getting married at the facility. It is legit!!!

TS

P.S. - Good luck and congrats in advance

Also, as a side note, I believe that both parties can be on the phone...neither has to be physically present at that moment, so any county could probably use Ivy House!:thumbsup:

tessa78
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok, so I went to the Ivy House last Saturday and paid $545 for the wedding and minister to come out to Wayside to marry us. They sent me home with a Power of Attorney form for my fiance to fill out authorizing me to sign the license for him (they said that would be easier then sending me to the jail with the license cause then we risk making a mistake on it which would make it invalid, I guess a few years ago it was alot easier to get married at Wayside and from what I've heard it's only been within the last few months that they've made it a little more difficult).. anyways.., I'm supposed to take that back to the Ivy House this Saturday and from there we'll schedule our date.

I've already gotten feedback from a few people that have gotten married with the Ivy House and then had family visits.. that's good enough for me!! ;)

myhusbandswifey
08-01-2007, 08:30 PM
You'll be okay! Congrats to you!

SierraFamily
08-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I called Ivy House today after reading these posts and they stillhave not Filed my License with the Hall of Records as of 7/12/07- They said they are barly working on Junes Marriages, the point is they told me 30-60 days
I went to the Hall of records today and they said it takes about 4-6 wks for a certificate, so if it hasn't even been filed then the time frame is way off! I did this marriage while he was in county so I would not have to wait for the Prison because they may take long, I am so mad I told thek this is urgent they need to expedite this! I don't know I did check the Better Business Beaur and they do have an F on handling clients issues and not resolving them, I asked if I can just go get the License myself and file it and he said no, I think its just a bunch of BS I probly could of did this confidential Marriage thing by myself with a P.O.A with a "phone ceremony and it would still be a valid marriage" I would look into that yourself for any one who is short on cash.

tessa78
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks myhusbandswifey!

myhusbandswifey
08-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Your welcome Tessa.

Luvly143
08-03-2007, 06:44 PM
FYI.... This is California Law
(e) The marriage license shall be returned by the person
solemnizing the marriage to the county recorder of the county in
which the license was issued within 10 days after the ceremony.
(f) As used in this division, "returned" means presented to the
appropriate person in person, or postmarked, before the expiration of
the specified time period.

Luvly143
08-03-2007, 06:48 PM
FYI- This is also California Law... Marriage by proxy(i.e. by phone) is not legal in california....

420. (a) No particular form for the ceremony of marriage is
required for solemnization of the marriage, but the parties shall
declare, in the physical presence of the person solemnizing the
marriage and necessary witnesses, that they take each other as
husband and wife.

Luvly143
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Don't get taken by anybody trying to charge you a grip of money to marry you behind glass or over the phone. Anybody who is legally able to perform a marriage can obtain a confidential marriage license from the County Clerk by filling out a simple affidavit.
426. If for sufficient reason, as described in subdivision (d),
either or both of the parties to be married are physically unable to
appear in person before the county clerk, a marriage license may be
issued by the county clerk to the person solemnizing the marriage if
the following requirements are met:
(a) The person solemnizing the marriage physically presents an
affidavit to the county clerk explaining the reason for the inability
to appear.
(b) The affidavit is signed under penalty of perjury by the person
solemnizing the marriage and by both parties.
(c) The signature of any party to be married who is unable to
appear in person before the county clerk is authenticated by a notary
public or a court prior to the county clerk issuing the marriage
license.
(d) Sufficient reason includes proof of hospitalization,
incarceration, or any other reason proved to the satisfaction of the
county clerk.

Luvly143
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry duplicate post :) :)

MizzGomez
08-07-2007, 12:55 PM
does anyone know of somewhere else because ivy house does not sound so good? im also trying to get married before he goes to prison. ok another question im not sure if it should be here but i didnt know where else to ask what is the difference between a normal visit and family visit?????

Cubana
08-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Joseph Vanderhoff married me. look him up in yellowpages.com. He takes care of everything and does a Confidential Marrige Certificate. It's done during visiting hours all you do is pay him and show up. Good Luck

myhusbandswifey
08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
You can also do it thru court. You just need to ask his atty .or Public Defender to speak to the judge on your behalf. Other than the fees for the license itself, there is not additional cost.

Ivy House is okay and legal. You can pay for them to actually be present at court where you & your man are both there. Any marriage done at this point is a confidential marriage.

Reg. visits - You have to be aprrpvoed to visit. You get to sit with your man, hold his hand, kiss briefly at the beginning & end of a visit. Eat together , take photos. Visits are Sat. & Sun. some holidays & hours avry by prison.

Family Visit -You have to be legally married (proven by a cert. copy of your marriage license) or prove your relationship, such as a mother, father, brother, sister, child & so on, by a birth cert. The inmate has be eligible & approved for the family visit program. Visits are up to 72 hours. You stay in a apt. like facility, unsupervised. You get to cook your own food with grocieries you have chosen and apid for, but picked up by the prison. You stay there the entire time. Its like a little vacation

SierraFamily
09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Ivyhouse is a pain! I would not reccomend anyone using them! They have 10 days by law to file your license and they don't do it! I leave messages and they do not return phone calls. Just an FYI

Cubana
09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Just call Joseh vanderhoff. He marries people in Most Counties. It's every easy. way do you want to get all stressed out. Call Him, show up, pay him and your married. That's all.

only1vero
09-22-2007, 02:18 AM
so wher do u suggest or how do suggest about getting married? Ii wan marry my fiancee b4 he gets transfered...any help would be great

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't know about that Ivy Hose ladies. I tried calling and their phone is disconnected. Hmmmmm...What city is that Joseph Vanderhoff in???

tessa78
10-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Ivy House went out of business!!! With tons of licenses that they have yet to file, including mine!!!!!:blah:

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
11-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Hey ladies!! Just FYI....There is a class action lawsuit being filed against the Ivy House in Inglewood for fraud. It was in the newspaper this morning. San Gabriel Valley Tribune local news section.

Luvly143
11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I had a feeling this was going to happen to Ivy House, and from what I have heard it has a lot to do with them performing illegal marriage ceremonies... (AKA marriages over the phone) as I said in an earlier post, marriage by proxy is not legal in California. Hopefully this is not going to affect all the people who were actually married this way.

jojosmamita
11-16-2007, 04:46 AM
wheww... am i glad i didnt get married through them.. i was very very close to taking that drive to inglewood and meeting with the gentlemen, but something just seemed too fishy to me..
eventhough me and my honey are getting married through the prison.. and its a pain.. at least its gonna be legit :D

i'll be sure to keep everyone in my prayers.. god bless!

ag92822
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
We just filled out our papers to get married...It wouldnt be such a hassle if they actually answered the phones.County clerk told me to call the jail..the jail NEVER answers...friends outside told me to call the chaplain...just rings and rings.Is there anyone else I should be calling or something else I should be doing?

MrsForeverMine
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
This is who married us in Pitches it went great!

Heavenly Wedding Chapel **323} 581-3861 ask for Ivan

They do all kinds of weddings even in the Los Angeles County Jails. Good luck.

CREEPER'zWiFEY
12-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Finally!!! Can You Please Help Me. Im Trying To Get Married At Wayside And Am Having No Luck Getting Info On What I Need To Do. I Need To Get Married B4 Feb. If You Could Please Let Me Know The Process Id Really Appreciate It. Im Having No Luck Gettin In Contact With Anyone!

leanneandjames
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
We got married in linn cty iowa. The fisrst step at Linn cty was he asked the chaplin for a request to marry packet. That had all the rules and what paper work needed to be done. Good luck!!

CREEPER'zWiFEY
12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm Trying To Find That Out Too! They Said If He Hasn't Been Sentecned Then You Can Go Get Your Marriage License From The County Clerks Office If Hes Already Been Sentenced U Need To Contact The Chaplain Of The Jail.

myhusbandswifey
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Have you tried asking the atty.or Public Defender for help? It can be done in the court by the jugde. LA County Clerks officer has a marriage packet available for inmates but you need to let them know. Someone that is a member of his family needs to go with you to pick it up. Then you can find a service that will perform marriage. They can go with you to court and do it then or the judge can do it.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
If he has not been sentenced you have to get an inability to appear packet from the County Clerks office. You have to fill it out and get it signed by your fiance and the judge hearing his case. The form the judge signs authorizes someone to stand in for your fiance to obtain the marriage license from the County Clerks office. It can be anyone. Then you need to find a minister who will go with you to a regular visit and perform the ceremony (behind glass of course). If he has been sentenced the County Clerks office WILL NOT issue a license. You have to wait until he is mainlined. Then he can request a marriage packet. Good luck:thumbsup:

stretchnme
12-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Any one who wants to get married should go with Joseph vanderhoff his number is 1-714-997-5800. HE is great and it was very easy to get married. I know he is really buisy so I don't know how easy it is to get the date you really want. My situation was different because it was in 2005 and that is when that horrible riot happend and we did not know when they were going to get off of lockdown and my hubby was being thrown from jail to jail. Any who... i even got bubbles blown from the priest when we got to kiss the glass!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I spoke to Joseph Vanderhoff too!! :) But unfortunately you still have to get that paperwork done before he can marry you. Vanderhoff told me it used to be a lot easier.

SaulNMe4ever
12-27-2007, 05:16 AM
When i got married last year by him it was soooooo simple!! all i did was call him drove to downtown filled out some paper gave him half the money as a deposit. Then he said the could do it that weekend so 3 days later we were married. The next week after we married there was a sign on the door saying that you have to contact i think it was the commander to discuss being allowed to marry. I was so happy that i didnt have to go through all that!!

poo32
01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
i need to get marrie by 02-14-08

betos gurl
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Anyone know anything about getting married in Alameda County Jail in the SF bay area? I'm pretty sure they don't allow it here but just wondering....

justhim
01-28-2008, 01:56 AM
I have the same problem but I am in a different City all together. He is in Santa Rita County Jail and I am in another city and don't know what to do or where to start. We have two kids and have been trying to do this for 3years now. Please help!:cry:

betos gurl
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
That is the same jail my man is at currently although he should be transferred to prison any day now. As far as I know, you cannot get married in the Santa Rita Jail but if you go to visiting there, you should ask around. The girls that go up there usually have a lot of information, especially if he's in max or in the parole unit in medium. Good luck!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-19-2008, 02:24 PM
:D Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got married today February 19, 2008. :p

sunmoon728
02-19-2008, 02:36 PM
congrats!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

flipsgurl
03-21-2008, 11:55 AM
WEll im trying to get married to my boyfriend who is incarcerated in L.A. Mens Central Jail how do go about this where do i even start? what are my options?

socalcrrvs
03-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Hi,

I can help you figure out what to do. The first thing to do is call LA Mens Central Jail and ask if you are allowed to get married there. 213-473-6080

Then call the LA County Recorder's office and ask what the you need to bring them in order to obtain a license to marry your fiance who is incarcerated. (562) 462-2137

In Orange County the procedure is as follows: you get an Inability to Appear form from the County Recorder. You get your fiance to sign it and have it notarized. The notary can take the form to the jail any time or day and take care of it through the attorney/bonds window so it doesn't count as a visit. Then you and your minister take the signed/notarized Inability to Appear Form along with your fiance's ID (driver's license or passport) to the County Recorder and the minister stands in for your fiance to obtain the license. Then you and your minister go to the jail and perform the ceremony, have your finace sign the license and then return it to the County Recorder and you're done.

That is the sequence of events for Orange County, and they could be different for LA County so call the number I gave you above for the LA County Recorder's office and make sure.

Congratulations!

WEll im trying to get married to my boyfriend who is incarcerated in L.A. Mens Central Jail how do go about this where do i even start? what are my options?

topcat
03-22-2008, 02:12 AM
My name is marty ,she is in SanBernardino[CDC on Rialto]hope it is okay to leave my email and number email and phone number removed per PTO policy, please PM member. topcat we want to get married before she goes to state

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
03-22-2008, 12:23 PM
From personal experience..it is a major headache to call county first for permission. It is easier to have the minister go with you like it is a normal visit to perform the ceremony. Also if your fiance is still going to court you can ask his attorney if you can bring a notary to his next court date and have the form notarized that way. When I tried to get permission from county they told me to call the county recorder and vice versa. The county recorder does not check to see if you have permission from the jail. They only ask you when you get the license if they are aware...a quick yes at it's that simple. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions..I was just married last month. Good luck!!

I Love Him 5
03-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I would like to know if anyone can tell me the steps I need to know in order to be married in wayside? before he is sentenced or sent to prison.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
03-24-2008, 11:51 AM
The first thing you need to do is get an inablity to appear form from the county recorders office. You need to have it signed and notarized by your fiance and will need to have a copy of your his id to get the paperwork processed. Good luck!!

socalcrrvs
03-25-2008, 07:24 PM
I would not recommend foregoing finding out if you're allowed to be married in the jail. Reason being, after the ceremony, the incarcerated party needs to sign the marriage license. If the jail does not allow marriages to be perfomed in the jail, they will not allow the jailed party to sign the license - you must have the license signed for the marriage to be finalized. They don't need to know anything beforehand and you don't need to say anything to the county recorder about it, you just need to make sure that the jail's policy allows marriages.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

From personal experience..it is a major headache to call county first for permission. It is easier to have the minister go with you like it is a normal visit to perform the ceremony. Also if your fiance is still going to court you can ask his attorney if you can bring a notary to his next court date and have the form notarized that way. When I tried to get permission from county they told me to call the county recorder and vice versa. The county recorder does not check to see if you have permission from the jail. They only ask you when you get the license if they are aware...a quick yes at it's that simple. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions..I was just married last month. Good luck!!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
03-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I would not recommend foregoing finding out if you're allowed to be married in the jail. Reason being, after the ceremony, the incarcerated party needs to sign the marriage license. If the jail does not allow marriages to be perfomed in the jail, they will not allow the jailed party to sign the license - you must have the license signed for the marriage to be finalized. They don't need to know anything beforehand and you don't need to say anything to the county recorder about it, you just need to make sure that the jail's policy allows marriages.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

When getting married in county (behind glass) they don't sign after the ceremony! They sign before to receive the license and the notarized signature applies to the license and certificate. You do need to go through the county recorder or they will not issue you a license. I can assure you I checked with everyone before, during and after. If you call the chaplain or Seargent they will tell you to call the county recorder...trust!! But again good luck sweetie!! :thumbsup:

flipsgurl
04-03-2008, 03:52 PM
let me know how much u would charge to do this? cause hopefully the atty will take the form to him with the notary on his next court date so i can get the license.

shorty1129
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
1-714-997-5800 i got married at wayside.they will go anywhere\

Hi my name is natalie and i was trying to do the same getting married in wayside but they tell me that i cant even to my hubby....If yo dont mind how did you did it??? i will like to know please thank you....:)

shorty1129
04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey my luvs....
thank you but i just call that number and they will help and do everything...and how about the cash$$$$$$$:confused:

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Hey my luvs....
I also have a quick question??????my hubby is in wayside and we want to get married but i dont know how to do it....Can someone recomend something or if someone knows how please tell me thank you...........

Hey sweetie!! First step is obtaining an inability to appear form from the county recorders office. You will need his ID to obtain a marriage license too. Congrats and good luck!! :p

LOV3MYBABY
08-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Ok So My Understanding Is If Hes Been Sentenced You Have To Wait Until He Gets To Prison....right?!?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
08-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Ok So My Understanding Is If Hes Been Sentenced You Have To Wait Until He Gets To Prison....right?!?

Yes you are right:thumbsup:

Cubana
08-17-2008, 06:54 PM

nope...... if he's still in county you can still get married BEFORE he leaves to prison.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM
nope...... if he's still in county you can still get married BEFORE he leaves to prison.

Cubana..please explain.:confused: From what I understood once they are sentenced the County recorders office would not issue a license since you have to have the forms notarized. Thanks babe! :p

Cubana
08-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Cubana..please explain.:confused: From what I understood once they are sentenced the County recorders office would not issue a license since you have to have the forms notarized. Thanks babe! :p
I used joseph vanderhoff and got married in Theo Lacy. Joe notarizes the forms gets the marrige liscense , basically everything. I just showed up and got married during visiting. You dont need to ""ask"" for anything from the county or city. We got married after he was sentenced. he charged m4 $00 but it was worth it. i was going crazy dealing with the people in the recorders office.

Hope this helps. you can always call him and he can explain it to you.:thumbsup:

*Johnnys*Wifey*
08-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I recently got married while he was in county. I don't know if all countys are the same. Im in sacramento county. I had to go to vital satistics (where u get ur birth certificates) ask for a inmate marrige packet and they'll tell u the rest of the process.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
08-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I used joseph vanderhoff and got married in Theo Lacy. Joe notarizes the forms gets the marrige liscense , basically everything. I just showed up and got married during visiting. You dont need to ""ask"" for anything from the county or city. We got married after he was sentenced. he charged m4 $00 but it was worth it. i was going crazy dealing with the people in the recorders office.

Hope this helps. you can always call him and he can explain it to you.:thumbsup:

It must vary from county to county because I did call Joseph Vanderhoff originally and he told me I had to go through the county recorder and get the inanbility to appear packet first in order for him to perform the ceremony in Los Angeles county. Vanderhoff told me they have made it a lot harder to get married. It would be so nice if they all followed the same guidelines. Good luck ladies! :D

Oh and thanks babe for the explanation. :thumbsup:

jc_forever-
08-18-2008, 01:50 PM
you can get married once they have been sentenced but its risky. me and my man started the process but he didnt stay in county long enough for us to actually get married.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
you can get married once they have been sentenced but its risky. me and my man started the process but he didnt stay in county long enough for us to actually get married.

Yes you can have the ceremony after he is sentenced. I was married after he was sentenced but I had to get all the paperwork signed, notarized and to the county recorder to obtain my marriage license BEFORE he was sentenced or they said they would not issue the license. Like I said before obviously nothing is set in stone. Each situation is different depending on who you speak to. It's a battle but worth it....Good luck ladies!! :thumbsup:

Impatient1
08-18-2008, 11:31 PM
You will get a different answer from almost everyone you speak to whether it's the county jail chaplain, the county recorders office, etc. This is what I know for sure because I just went through this process about 3 weeks ago.

you do need the inability to appear packet. all that is is a form that must be signed and notarized by your boyfriend. I went with the notary to the attorney's window at MCJ. We had no problem with the deputies, they went to get him he signed, notary signed done deal.
if you call religious services and actually get a person they will tell you that you must first get the license then request permission to marry through their office. Per the receptionist, that takes about two weeks. I skipped this step.:)
Once you have the form signed and notarized you and minister must appear together at recorders office to receive official license. You must take your marriage application, the affadavit of inability to appear, his id or passport, your id, and minister must have id as well.
Once they scrutinize the paperwork if all is in order, a license will be issued.
At this point, you are for all intents and purposes, married. the minister and you can go during visiting hours to have the marriage "solemnized".
one more thing, one recorder office told me they ask if he's been sentenced and if so, they will not issue license. Another never mentioned it to me. Since the whole point was to get married before he left for prison, I wasn't planning on telling them he was sentenced if they had asked. And they didn't.
Sorry for the long post, if you need more info, let me know. I know a minister who will do it for about $450.00.

good luck!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
08-19-2008, 10:19 AM
You will get a different answer from almost everyone you speak to whether it's the county jail chaplain, the county recorders office, etc. This is what I know for sure because I just went through this process about 3 weeks ago.

you do need the inability to appear packet. all that is is a form that must be signed and notarized by your boyfriend. I went with the notary to the attorney's window at MCJ. We had no problem with the deputies, they went to get him he signed, notary signed done deal.
if you call religious services and actually get a person they will tell you that you must first get the license then request permission to marry through their office. Per the receptionist, that takes about two weeks. I skipped this step.:)
Once you have the form signed and notarized you and minister must appear together at recorders office to receive official license. You must take your marriage application, the affadavit of inability to appear, his id or passport, your id, and minister must have id as well.
Once they scrutinize the paperwork if all is in order, a license will be issued.
At this point, you are for all intents and purposes, married. the minister and you can go during visiting hours to have the marriage "solemnized".
one more thing, one recorder office told me they ask if he's been sentenced and if so, they will not issue license. Another never mentioned it to me. Since the whole point was to get married before he left for prison, I wasn't planning on telling them he was sentenced if they had asked. And they didn't.
Sorry for the long post, if you need more info, let me know. I know a minister who will do it for about $450.00.

good luck!

Thanks for clarifying and congratulations sweetie! :D

grayworldangel
08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Here are some commercial officiants (NFI) who will work with you to get married:

Heavenly Wedding Chapel
7208 Pacific Boulevard 202
Huntington Park, CA 90255
323-581-3861 ask for Ivan

Joe Vanderhoff
Jail Weddings & Legal Services
935 N. Vignes St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
1-714-997-5800

Terri Linzmeier
weddingsbyterri.com
949-697-2246
Matt Linzmeier
(949) 939-4239

socalcrrvs
08-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Fantastic info! One more note to add, you must have an ID for your incarcerated one. I perform ceremonies and was getting away with printing their booking record as an ID but the last time I was at the OC recorder's office, they said they would not take it any longer, LA or another county may, but I know Orange County requires a State issued ID.

I will perform your ceremony if you like and I only charge $350. I will also work with you if you cannot pay it all at once. Private Message me if you're interested!

Congratulations!

Sydni

good luck!

s0lita
08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
I read most of these post but they're all regarding Counties in So Cal but no information for Counties in Nor. Cal.... I have info for San Joaquin County, this is for a "CONFIDENTIAL marriage, requirements to qualify for a confidential marriage state that when an unmarried man and unmarried woman, not minors have been living together as husband and wife, they may be married pursuant to the confidential marriage laws."

Responsibilities of the out of custody parter:
1. pick up the confidential marriage paperwork at the County Recorder's Office
2. Contact the Inmate Case Worker to schedule an appointment to notarize the document - Notary Cost is $15 (cash only)
3. Fill out remaining paperwork.
4. Arrange for a minister/officiate to perform the confidential marriage (FYI they dont give referrals).
5. Go back to the County Recorder's Office to apply for the marriage license (minister must be with you).
6. After obtaining license, contact the Inmate caseworker to make appointment for the marriage.
7. Confidential marriages will only be performed on the last Sunday of the month (7pm-9pm).
8. Paperwork must be completed and marriage license obtained 5 days prior to the date.
9. Out of custody partner and officiate must arrive on time to the scheduled appointment.

Paper pass slot will be used for inmates signature on marriage license
No other items will be allowed through
Minister/officiate must file marriage license at the County Recorder’s Office
Only the minister/officiate and out of custody partner will be allowed in the paper pass room
No Kissing or Exchange of Rings

Proudmommieof2
09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I am upset with the marriage laws in riverside county. mainly the ones for the incarcarated. if anyone knows a easy way to get married in a riverside county jail. please help me . this has been a battle for 2 months.

Proudmommieof2
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
where do i go to get married in a riverside county jail. i already went to the county clerks office and they keep putting up all these different issues. especially with his DMV issued ID card. because his original was lost and i happened to have a photocopy of it. now they say they cant accept it. i dont know what else i can do...:mad::(

socalcrrvs
09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
unfortunately you do need a state or government issued id to get married. they used to be a little more lax but now they want to see an actual id. You can go on dmv's website and submit a 'lost or stolen' form and get a copy mailed to you.

where do i go to get married in a riverside county jail. i already went to the county clerks office and they keep putting up all these different issues. especially with his DMV issued ID card. because his original was lost and i happened to have a photocopy of it. now they say they cant accept it. i dont know what else i can do...:mad::(

Proudmommieof2
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
do you have his birth certificate, license, and booking papers and you have to have your birth certificate, license . im having problems because he lost his license and i cant find it.. my fiance is in banning..

how about getting married in riverside county jail?? my fiancee's at robert presley and we wanna get married before he gets sent upstate...does anyone know how the process goes??

Proudmommieof2
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
im in riverside county and that is my only problem is he lost his ID CARD at the mall before he was arrested and i dont know how i can get him a new one.

unfortunately you do need a state or government issued id to get married. they used to be a little more lax but now they want to see an actual id. You can go on dmv's website and submit a 'lost or stolen' form and get a copy mailed to you.

Proudmommieof2
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
can i request his ID and have it sent to me or does he have to do it. because i called the jail and they wont let him request it..

grayworldangel
09-09-2008, 05:07 PM
According to the DMV web site he has to go in person to apply for a duplicate--it doesn't sound like they would mail one to you. That's probably so that they can take his picture.

can i request his ID and have it sent to me or does he have to do it. because i called the jail and they wont let him request it..

hisdesibear
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
hey everyone! Sydni (socalcrrvs) married me and my husband. SHES AMAZING! so anyone who needs to get married in jail CALL HER! she knows this because ive told her before, but i could never thank her enough, and no price can be put on what she did for me and my husband.... *tear* lol.

socalcrrvs
09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad I could help and it all worked out. You guys are such a sweet couple and your wedding was proof that an inside wedding can be beautiful. Your vows were so true and touching. May the two of you always be as happy and in love as you are today!

Sydni

hey everyone! Sydni (socalcrrvs) married me and my husband. SHES AMAZING! so anyone who needs to get married in jail CALL HER! she knows this because ive told her before, but i could never thank her enough, and no price can be put on what she did for me and my husband.... *tear* lol.

Proudmommieof2
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
hhhow about getting married in riverside county jail?? my fiancee's at robert presley and we wanna get married before he gets sent upstate...does anyone know how the process goes??

HIS_MAMMAZ
11-17-2008, 09:42 AM
i finally got married yesterday to my love, i'm his mrs. Now... After all this time all these small obstacles i was finally able to marry him in wayside. I was depressed once i heard that the 5 fwy was closed i thought we wouldnt marry, but we did.... I just wanted to share with everyone because i'm soo happy....

jc_forever-
11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
congratulations girl!!!! me&myman will be getting marrierd soon too :]

tweedy
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
congrats , i know when me and my hubby got married 18yrs ago he was released from jail to attend his bros funeral. So we decided to get married , at least we had that nite to be together.:D:D:D:D

HIS_MAMMAZ
11-19-2008, 09:22 AM
we're still planning on doing it when he comes home, but for now this is good... I'm just happy to finally be his wife after too long of just being baby mamma.... I'm praying things go well for us through his incarceration...

HIS_MAMMAZ
11-19-2008, 09:23 AM
congratulations girl!!!! Me&myman will be getting marrierd soon too :]

i wish you the best of luck...

Sereina
11-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I got married in Theo Lacy Jail in 2006. Another girl I know just got married there a few weeks ago. Minister Vanderhoff makes everything easy and conveinent. He's a great guy, and his wife Annette is a sweetheart. He marries couples in the OC jails almost every weekend. Call them. They will tell you all you need to know.

Minister Joseph G Vanderhoff
804 N. Waverly Street
Orange, CA 92867

Office (714) 997-5800
Toll Free (866) 977-5800
Fax (714) 997-5400

inmatenotary
03-01-2009, 06:35 PM
The Ivy House is no longer in business and any marriage performed over the phone is invalid.

ahustlaswife1
03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON HOW TO GET MARRIED IN A ALAMEDA COUNTY JAIL(SANTA RITA)???? ANY INFO WILL DO. THANKS

http://toolbar.cafemom.com/icons/bride.gif (http://toolbar.cafemom.com/index.php?utm_medium=cmi&utm_source=toolbar&utm_campaign=icon&utm_content=&p_id=bride)

crisco
03-28-2009, 03:44 PM
My advice is to call the jail and tell them that under Section 6253.9(a) of the California Government Code that you want a electronic copy of the Sheriff's policies and procedures for jail weddings

Section 6253.9(a) states
"6253.9. (a) Unless otherwise prohibited by law, any agency that has
information that constitutes an identifiable public record not
exempt from disclosure pursuant to this chapter that is in an
electronic format shall make that information available in an
electronic format when requested by any person and, when applicable,
shall comply with the following:
(1) The agency shall make the information available in any
electronic format in which it holds the information.
(2) Each agency shall provide a copy of an electronic record in
the format requested if the requested format is one that has been
used by the agency to create copies for its own use or for provision
to other agencies. The cost of duplication shall be limited to the
direct cost of producing a copy of a record in an electronic format."

I do not have prior experience in requesting policies and procedures from a jail but use this citation and the Sheriff's department has to give a copy of the policies and procedure

socal729
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
any info about marrying in George Bailey Detention ??

ladyG69
04-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi, I see alot of old information about getting married in the la county jail system but I was wondering if anyone can offer up any UP TO DATE info on getting married. My fiance is in the twin towers waiting for trial. We wanna get married and was wonder if there was a way to do it where we don't have to wait until trial is over or til he goes to prison if he don't win his case. Please any info would be much appreciated.

Tamitha
04-25-2009, 11:33 PM
My fiance is in Kern County jail. He is a state inmate there in a drug program. We need to get married ASAP. Any info on marriages at Kern County Med/Max jail would be great!!

ahustlaswife1
04-26-2009, 01:17 AM
where do I get the inability to appear packet???

Cubana
04-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I got married in Theo Lacy Jail in 2006. Another girl I know just got married there a few weeks ago. Minister Vanderhoff makes everything easy and conveinent. He's a great guy, and his wife Annette is a sweetheart. He marries couples in the OC jails almost every weekend. Call them. They will tell you all you need to know.

Minister Joseph G Vanderhoff
804 N. Waverly Street
Orange, CA 92867

Office (714) 997-5800
Toll Free (866) 977-5800
Fax (714) 997-5400

this is the way to go. he married us in Theo lacy back in 2003. he also performs marigges in LA county jails.:thumbsup:

grayworldangel
04-27-2009, 02:20 PM
where do i get the inability to appear packet?????

At the County Recorder's Office.

Tamitha
04-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Do you do it through the county that you live in or the county he is incarcerated in?

grayworldangel
04-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Do you do it through the county that you live in or the county he is incarcerated in?

Actually, the county in which you will be married. So, I suppose that will be the same as the county he's incarcerated. ( I can't decide whether to put a happy or sad smiley here...)

Here's the "official" instructions to get married, though many have skipped the 'call the inmate marriage coordinator' bit, and been successful whithout having to deal with idiotic clerks at the jail. My recommendation, for the least frustration, is to call one of the people I've listed in other threads and pay them to do everything--I have no financial interest in any of them.

How to get married when one party is incarcerated in the Los Angeles County Jail:

1. Go to a Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder's Office and pick up two forms:
a. Inability to Appear
b. Marriage License Application

2. Hire a Notary Public to take the "Inability to Appear" to the jail and witness your fiance' sign the form.

3. Fill out the Marriage License Application

4. Go to the County Registrar-Recorder's Office. Take with you:
a. Notarized Inability to Appear form
b. Completed Marriage License Application
c. $70 to pay for your marriage license
d. The person who will solemnize your marriage (e.g., the minister)
e. Your driver's license or passport
f. Your fiance's driver's license or passport

5. The Registrar-Recorder will issue you a marriage license which will be good for 90 days.

6. At least two weeks before your intended marriage date, send a copy of the marriage license and a completed Inmate Marriage Permission Request to:
The Religious & Volunteer Services Office
Attention: Inmate Marriage Coordinator
441 Bauchet Street, Room 1060
Los Angeles, CA 90631

You may fax the documents to (213) 626-7859 instead of mailing them, if you prefer.

7. Once your ceremony has been approved, you will be contacted by the Inmate Marriage Coordinator. You may then take your officiant to the jail during a normal visit.

8. At jail visiting, tell the Deputy that you will be having a marriage and will need to pass papers.

9. During your visit, the officiant may conduct the ceremony. You will be seperated by glass from your fiance'. You may not pass rings, or any other tokens, and you will not be able to touch your fiance' before or after the ceremony. At the conclusion of your visit, ask the Deputy to take the Marriage License to your new Bride/Groom for their signature. Wait until you get the license back.

10. The officiant MUST return the signed Marriage License to the County Registrar-Recorder or the marriage will not be legally recognized.

*****If you have any questions about getting a Marriage License, please call (562) 462-2137.
After you have a Marriage License, call (213) 974-8085 for more information.

anthonyandjene
05-10-2009, 05:49 PM
so what does that mean i got married in 1992 is my marriage good or not how do i find out? I want to get married again to a man but i want to know if it matters or should i wait for him to go to state prison

grayworldangel
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
That's got to be a bit scary...not knowing if you're really married or not. I think the county recorder's office in the county you got married should be able to help answer your question.

good luck

parttwopictures
05-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Hello,

My name is Alexandra and I'm working on a documentary about the Santa Rita Jail. I came upon your post about wanting to get married to an inmate in the system. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in communicating by email about your experience.

If so, you can reach me at email removed per PTO policy, please PM member.

Thanks, and be well!

Alex

knewone
05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
what county??? I can help if your in Orange county. I got married there.

Can you please let me know how to go about this.

Thanks

Lady Bull59
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Any info about marrying at or in George Bailey?

trainerswifey23
08-25-2009, 02:07 PM
HEEELLLPPPP!!!!! So, my boyfriend is in Wayside and we want to get married asap before they send him upstate. The problem is that I am on formal probation and my probation officer will not give me permission to go see him!! Is there ANY way we can get married without having to go up there to do this!!!?? Any information would be sooo helpful and much appreciated. And what information is needed for marriage?

trainerswifey23
08-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Fantastic info! One more note to add, you must have an ID for your incarcerated one. I perform ceremonies and was getting away with printing their booking record as an ID but the last time I was at the OC recorder's office, they said they would not take it any longer, LA or another county may, but I know Orange County requires a State issued ID.

I will perform your ceremony if you like and I only charge $350. I will also work with you if you cannot pay it all at once. Private Message me if you're interested!

Congratulations!

Sydni

I am very much interested if you are still offering your services! I know the post was made a while ago, but I'm in a rut and need to try my best to do this asap. My boyfriend is going to catch the chain pretty quickly and want to try to get it done. What exactly needs to be done??

smokeyswife
08-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I know this isnt much help, but it is so much cheaper marrying him/her in county

Cubana
08-26-2009, 01:20 AM
I am very much interested if you are still offering your services! I know the post was made a while ago, but I'm in a rut and need to try my best to do this asap. My boyfriend is going to catch the chain pretty quickly and want to try to get it done. What exactly needs to be done??

You can call Joseph Vanderhoff. He can marry you. This is who I used when I got married in Orange County. He also marries people in different counties. He does EVERYTHING, all you have to do is show up to your normal visiting.

grayworldangel
08-26-2009, 09:01 AM
I don't believe that Joe Vandehoff is allowed in LA jails, anymore. They shut him out, so he sued but lost his case.

I have collected this list of people who do marriages in the LA jails:

Heavenly Wedding Chapel
{323} 581-3861 ask for Ivan

Terri Linzmeier
www.weddingsbyterri.com
949-697-2246
Matt Linzmeier
(949) 939-4239

Always Forever Weddings
2115 W. Manchester Ave.,
Los Angeles, CA 90047
DW Johnson
323-758-8443

Rob Ruff
Notary Public
Robonthejob247@yahoo.com
310-907-3515
877-574-6668

Jailhouse Weddings
714 768 9553
Rev. Amanda Eddlemon
cell: 714 225 5898
email: Jailhouseweddings@yahoo.com
website: www.jailhouseweddings.com (http://www.jailhouseweddings.com/)

socalcrrvs
08-27-2009, 03:02 PM
I'd be glad to help! I do weddings in county. I've done some for some of the girls on here - who are the sweetest dolls, by the way. Call me - I know what you're going through - firsthand. I married my husband in OC Jail.

Kerri

MrsCetina
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok Ivan from Heavenly Weddings is supposed to perform our marriage this Saturday, but I havent been able to reach him by phone and Im starting to panic. Has anyone here talked to him recently or have another number I can call to talk to him??

Luciano_xxooxxo
09-25-2009, 05:20 AM
Hello,~~~-Greeting.
advice at all before I loose myself in pain,,,,,teard My Fiancee is in Mens Central Jail in LA....How do we get married?? that's my childs father and I want it right, I tried 1 place terri and they said owwwwww no I gotta get permission> my girlfriend just got married there last week, I never asked who she went through but I know she is not in my situation at all.............Any advice?????????????????????????????????????
before just die now in hurt and mental breakdown.....

socalcrrvs
09-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Luciana - call me, I will help you - {phone number removed per PTO policy-PM member} - Kerri - you're going to be fine - and married before you know it! Call me!

Hello,~~~-Greeting.
advice at all before I loose myself in pain,,,,,teard My Fiancee is in Mens Central Jail in LA....How do we get married?? that's my childs father and I want it right, I tried 1 place terri and they said owwwwww no I gotta get permission> my girlfriend just got married there last week, I never asked who she went through but I know she is not in my situation at all.............Any advice?????????????????????????????????????
before just die now in hurt and mental breakdown.....

poolside
10-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Ivy House i recomend it i would give you the info but someone already gave you the # you can either do it by phone or they can schedule it in county behind glass by phone it about $200 and behind glass its about 500 if Im not wrong call its a very nice place with very nice people GOOD LUCK and Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Marriages on the telephone are NOT legal in the State of California! So newlyweds beware....behind glass, YES, but the person must be visible to the marriage officiant.

Miss Medina
11-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Would like to get married but don't know how. He is at the orange county jail. Any help is needed. Thank you

Snaps_wifey
11-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Would like to get married but don't know how. He is at the orange county jail. Any help is needed. Thank you
Visit this website: www.jailhouseweddings.com (http://www.jailhouseweddings.com). The officiant with this company specializes in weddings at orange county jails.

Cubana
11-10-2009, 11:37 PM

google. Joseph Vanderhoof in Orange. I dont have his # around me. I got married in Theo Lacy. All I did was show up and pay him. He does everything during a regular visit behind glass.

Miss Medina
11-10-2009, 11:44 PM
google. Joseph Vanderhoof in Orange. I dont have his # around me. I got married in Theo Lacy. All I did was show up and pay him. He does everything during a regular visit behind glass.

I think I am pretty much screwed cause the only identification he has is a prison Id and that's it.

socalcrrvs
11-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I can also marriy you in LA jails - and will! Send me a private message if you need anything - even just advice or someone to talk to. I know what you're going through - first hand!

Kerri
Weddings Inc. (incarcerated, that is)

I don't believe that Joe Vandehoff is allowed in LA jails, anymore. They shut him out, so he sued but lost his case.

I have collected this list of people who do marriages in the LA jails:

Heavenly Wedding Chapel
{323} 581-3861 ask for Ivan

Terri Linzmeier
949-697-2246
Matt Linzmeier
(949) 939-4239

Always Forever Weddings
2115 W. Manchester Ave.,
Los Angeles, CA 90047
DW Johnson
323-758-8443

Rob Ruff
Notary Public
310-907-3515
877-574-6668

Jailhouse Weddings
714 768 9553
Rev. Amanda Eddlemon
cell: 714 225 5898

Impatient1
11-14-2009, 04:37 AM

Send a PM to socalcrrvs here on PTO. She married me and my husband at LA County last year. She went way out of her way to make it happen for us! She knows what she's doing, handles everything, and is super nice on top of all that. She does OC weddings and LA...Family visits are a great thing!!

Carol

yzaz
11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
If Any Of You Have Information On Marriage In The Santa clara County Jail? He is at the San Jose South mainnjail. Who Can I Contact And How Long Is The Process?COST? Any Info Please....... Thank you

darci_julia
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks so much for your assistance at Wayside over the Halloween weekend. I am so happy that everything worked out so smoothly. Kudos to you for your dedicated research and diligence to allow us all to excercise our rights! Thanks so much again!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad I could help and it all worked out. You guys are such a sweet couple and your wedding was proof that an inside wedding can be beautiful. Your vows were so true and touching. May the two of you always be as happy and in love as you are today!

Sydni

mzbtlr
12-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Does anybody have any information on how to marry someone in county jail. My boyfriend is gonna be transfered to a prison next mth. And we want to get married before he leaves. I just don't know where to start. I need any kind of help. Thnx!

mochaelite
08-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi I was reading a post u were replying to abt the prison weddings if you can give me any info it would greatly appreciated. My fiance and I planned on getting married right b4 he got arrested we applied for a marriage license online and then the next day he got arrested he hasn't been sentenced yet is @ Wayside now any advice? By the way do u marry couples?

socalcrrvs
08-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Hey there! First - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Because although this may not be the wedding of your dreams, this is still the man of your dreams!!!

Of course I can help you - I actually have a wedding planned at Wayside next week. The first thing you need to do is check and be SURE - ABSOLUTELY SURE that you have a VALID PHOTO ID for your fiance. That is essential. Once you have that, call me (I will send a private message with my number) and I will provide you with the forms you will need and further instructions.

Again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Kerri
;)

Hi I was reading a post u were replying to abt the prison weddings if you can give me any info it would greatly appreciated. My fiance and I planned on getting married right b4 he got arrested we applied for a marriage license online and then the next day he got arrested he hasn't been sentenced yet is @ Wayside now any advice? By the way do u marry couples?

Candy29
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
My Boyfriend Just Got 18yrs In Prison And We Were Both In Jail On The Same Charge, But I Got A County Year And 3yrs Felony Probation. Now He Asked Me 2 Marry Him Since He Got Sentenced And Waiting 2 Go 2 Prison. I'm Wondering If We Could Get Married So We'll Get Conjugal Visits Since I'm On Probation? If I Can Get Married Is It Best 2 Get Married While He's Still In Twin Towers Jail In Los Angeles?

Some1 PLEASE HELP ME With This I'm New 2 All This!!!

mrs.grumps
08-12-2010, 06:04 PM
My Boyfriend Just Got 18yrs In Prison And We Were Both In Jail On The Same Charge, But I Got A County Year And 3yrs Felony Probation. Now He Asked Me 2 Marry Him Since He Got Sentenced And Waiting 2 Go 2 Prison. I'm Wondering If We Could Get Married So We'll Get Conjugal Visits Since I'm On Probation? If I Can Get Married Is It Best 2 Get Married While He's Still In Twin Towers Jail In Los Angeles?

Some1 PLEASE HELP ME With This I'm New 2 All This!!!

You will need to be an approved visitor in order to marry him in prison, being a felon you will need permission from the warden to visit. Being on probation currently you will also need permission from your PO to visit.

You may or may not qualify for family visits (conjugal visits), it depends on his crime & if he has any domestic violence history.

It will probably be easier to get married in county jail since you will have to wait to be approved to visit once he hits state.

Best of luck

Candy29
08-12-2010, 11:26 PM
What If I'm On 3yrs Felony Probation Can We Still Get Married Be4 He Leaves 4 Prison?

socalcrrvs
08-13-2010, 02:12 AM
You definitely need to try to get married while he is still in county. You will not be able to marry while he is in reception and then the process to get approved for visits can take quite a while too. You don't want to wait 2 years to see him so I suggest you start the process asap.

In addition, some prisons do not allow marriages. And it's more difficult simply because it takes some running around and its just easier when there aren't 200 miles between you. Whether you will be approved, I don't know so I suggest you give it a shot and think positive and see what happens. It pretty much just depends on who gets your application and what mood he/she is in that day.

I can help you with the process if you like. I will send you a private message with my phone number. call me tomorrow and we'll get right on it!

Remember - this may not be the wedding of your dreams but he is still the man of your dreams! ;)

Kerri
Weddings Inc.(incarcerated)

What If I'm On 3yrs Felony Probation Can We Still Get Married Be4 He Leaves 4 Prison?

mrs.grumps
08-13-2010, 10:18 AM

If you can visit him then you can marry him & i agree with socalcrrvs you should do it now while he's in county..it will be much easier & faster then upstate.

Candy29
08-13-2010, 09:36 PM
You will need to be an approved visitor in order to marry him in prison, being a felon you will need permission from the warden to visit. Being on probation currently you will also need permission from your PO to visit.

You may or may not qualify for family visits (conjugal visits), it depends on his crime & if he has any domestic violence history.

It will probably be easier to get married in county jail since you will have to wait to be approved to visit once he hits state.

Best of luck

He Does'nt Have Any Domestic Violence, But He Has 3 Strikes Now!! The Original Charge Was Strong Armed Robbery W/ A Handgun Which Was Reduced 2 Grand Theft On Person.. We Both Were Co-Defendents And Now He Basicly Just Should've Fought It More Than He Did!! But He Wants 2 Appeal This, Is He Able 2 Do That?

lostinca1
08-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Has anyone been married while their loved one is in the El Dorado County Jail and do you have any information you could give me?

LOONEYS~WIFEY
09-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi ladies! Im new to prison talk :p My fiance was just sentenced to 30 years and his next court appearence is on Sept 21st . he is at MCJ until then. We want to get married yesterday :) I have called around and most are charging alot or are not legite. Any advice on where or who to go to?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi ladies! Im new to prison talk :p My fiance was just sentenced to 30 years and his next court appearence is on Sept 21st . he is at MCJ until then. We want to get married yesterday :) I have called around and most are charging alot or are not legite. Any advice on where or who to go to?

PM socalcrrvs http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/member.php?u=139710.

She can help you I'm sure. Good luck! :)

his1nonlymia
09-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone I have a question We want to get Married who can I talk to about this? but I have another problem too I dont have his ID or his B-certificate I need help........Thank you in advance!!!! :confused::( BTW his at NCCF in Pitchess

MrsMathenia
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi!
My fiancee was arrested in Tulary County and is currently an inmate at the Visalia Main Jail next to the court house. We were wanting to get married before he is transfered and he did send me a paper from the jail about the procedure to marry an inmate. I was wondering if anyone had insight on exactly how to go about doing this. As I know you have to have a notary and a wedding officiant to legalize paperwork and perform the actual ceremony. I have never been married before and certainly not keen on jail marriages. If anyone has been married in a Tulare County jail and can give me advice on how much money is required and people who can notarize and perform the wedding then I would love some feedback. Thank you and God bless.

TWEETY&SCRAPPY
07-05-2011, 03:35 PM
i want to get married but my man just got transferred to wayside again from county. so i wanted to know how long does it take there? i been waiting for 2 weeks already and nothing.. so now i want to know how long there? anyone know?

MrsCetina
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
you have to submit the paperwork all over again and you'll probably have to wait 2-4 weeks. it took us three months to get married because they kept moving him around.

TWEETY&SCRAPPY
07-06-2011, 06:42 PM
you have to submit the paperwork all over again and you'll probably have to wait 2-4 weeks. it took us three months to get married because they kept moving him around.

i called that person and he said like 2 weeks i think he might stay there until they take him so maby sept. but i been waiting for 2 weeks already from men central and now he got moved to wayside. so now i have to wait the same time.. great i only have 2 months before they take him away:(

sensi_star
03-23-2012, 04:36 PM
If he has not been sentenced you have to get an inability to appear packet from the County Clerks office. You have to fill it out and get it signed by your fiance and the judge hearing his case. The form the judge signs authorizes someone to stand in for your fiance to obtain the marriage license from the County Clerks office. It can be anyone. Then you need to find a minister who will go with you to a regular visit and perform the ceremony (behind glass of course). If he has been sentenced the County Clerks office WILL NOT issue a license. You have to wait until he is mainlined. Then he can request a marriage packet. Good luck:thumbsup:

I've been doing a lot of research on getting married with my fiancee. He's in Men Central right now and I have all the forms I need. The only thing is I am on a very tight budget! So I am trying to do it all myself.

So in regards to the inability to appear form. The judge can sign it? So does that mean I DO NOT need a notary present to have this done? The judge can do it?

Here is my situation: My fiancee is getting sentenced on March 28th, 2012. He is going to try and get an extension so we can get married. HONESTLY, he wants a JUNE date for the wedding since it's our anniversary month :rolleyes:. So I PRAY that the Lord will bless us with an extension on his sentencing.

Xiu Xiu
03-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I used Joseph Vanderhoff to get married in county. We did it behind glass during a visit all I did was show up. I am not 100% sure but I don't think the inability to appear works in California. Again not sure. I know that it did not work in Orange County.
Good luck.

socalcrrvs
07-10-2012, 05:25 AM
The Inability to Appear form is absolutely necessary in Orange County marriages in jail. I performed a wedding recently at IRC Main so I am sure the procedure is still the same.

'just because it not be the wedding of your dreams, he's still the man of your dreams' :)

I used Joseph Vanderhoff to get married in county. We did it behind glass during a visit all I did was show up. I am not 100% sure but I don't think the inability to appear works in California. Again not sure. I know that it did not work in Orange County.
Good luck.

Xiu Xiu
07-10-2012, 10:32 AM
In order to get married in California, both parties have to be physically present in the same place at the same time.

Snaps_wifey
07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
In order to get married in California, both parties have to be physically present in the same place at the same time.

This is where the Inability to Appear comes in at. It's a notarized form that states that the missing party can't appear due to hospitalization, incarceration or other with an explanation....this allows the officiant to appear in front of the county clerk on the missing person's behalf.

Xiu Xiu
07-10-2012, 10:00 PM
This is where the Inability to Appear comes in at. It's a notarized form that states that the missing party can't appear due to hospitalization, incarceration or other with an explanation....this allows the officiant to appear in front of the county clerk on the missing person's behalf.

That's to get the license. To get married both parties have to be in the same place at the same time Trust me I tried that. I got married in county and these people had me jumping hoops.

Snaps_wifey
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
My bad....I didn't realize you were talking about the actual ceremony until I reread your post....I got married in the county too so I know what a headache it can be!

Xiu Xiu
07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Yup I was treated worse than the dirt on the bottom of my shoe in OC jail. I paid someone to do it all for me. All I did was show up. So worth it that way.

For future members who are interested, here is a link with a number they can call and get all the info they need. It's towards the bottom of the page.
http://www.lavote.net/CLERK/Marriages.cfm

socalcrrvs
07-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Hello I Was Wondering If Any Of You Have Information On Marriage In The County Jail? Who Can I Contact And How Long Is The Process? Any Info Please

Hi! I can help you but first I will need to know what county you are in.

Kerry

socalcrrvs
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I have been performong weddings in jails since 2008 and have encountered just about every road block they can think to throw. I highly recommend that (at the very least) contact someone who has experience performing weddigs in jails and get as much information from them as you can about wjat the prodedure is for the jail that applies to your situation. Also, be mindful of costs. I have heard of some officiates charging fees ranging from around $500 all the way up to $900 believe it or not. Thats ridiculous and downright wrong. A reasonable fee should be between $300-$400 depending on the services provided and distance your officiate will travel.

Also, your County Recorders office is a gopd place for questions-but even there, if you dont know what questions to ask, you might run into snags.

Please feel free to PM me if you need advice or have any questions!

Kerry
married Jan 25, 2008
OC County Jail

grimznchikiz
08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
im trying to get married asap how long dose it normaly take ? and around how much am i lookin @ also is it cheper to get married in county of prison

socalcrrvs
08-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Or even 1 if you are really ambitious! I have been marring couples in jail since my own wedding in OC Jail back in January of 2008 and I have come to know each jail pretty well. I havent encountered any that have interfered with the process - aside from that one time at Wayside when the employee misquoted the procedure and was too stubborn to recant her statement. The wedding went on but we had to return with my notary stamp to complete the process.

Feel free to private message me if you would like my help getting married!

Congratulations!

Kerry

Weddings Inc.arcerated

'this may not the wedding of your dreams, hes still the man of your dreams'

Chiebins
11-17-2012, 09:31 PM
My boy and I are looking into getting married. He's at TTCF under AB 109 so he wont be going to State. I cant find anything online about marriages there. I was going to get my friend to officiate, but I cant find the Inability to Appear document. Also, he's never had a Drivers License or CA State ID. He had prison ID.in the past, but we cant find that either. Are we just sh*t out of luck? Any help is much appreciated.

Xiu Xiu
11-22-2012, 01:29 AM
If you do a search in this thread there are a couple ladies on here that Marry inmates in county. They can help you.

joggs
11-22-2012, 09:21 PM
I got married in ca in county jail...i went down to the county clerks office to pick up the inability to appear form then i called a notary person told them his info and they made an appt at the jail to get the form notarized then i went bak to the clerks office with the pastor and picked up the marrige license got married and sent the license in to b made official...the notary was $20 pastor was $150 and the license was $85 i got everything done all in one day...congrats

JustYeah
12-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I got married in ca in county jail...i went down to the county clerks office to pick up the inability to appear form then i called a notary person told them his info and they made an appt at the jail to get the form notarized then i went bak to the clerks office with the pastor and picked up the marrige license got married and sent the license in to b made official...the notary was $20 pastor was $150 and the license was $85 i got everything done all in one day...congrats

lol. So you were married in a day? Or did it take more time for the notary appointment and sending it to be official?

Xiu Xiu
12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
lol. So you were married in a day? Or did it take more time for the notary appointment and sending it to be official?

I got married in Theo Lacy years ago. I used Joseph Vanderhoff. I paid him and all I had to do was show up at the visit and he married us. I didn't need to do anything. He takes care of the Inability to Appear, the notary and the filing. :thumbsup:
He marries people both in LA county and Orange County.

Mrs.Haml1n
01-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Question...my bf & I will like to get married but I would like to know what we need to do to get everything ready. He's in pitchess detention center & he told me that the Chaplin can get us married for free. Is that true.

Allie91
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
My mans in the stanislaus county jail in modesto. Anyone know someone who can help me marry him while hes in there? Its in between sacramento and the bay area.

sanditchwhiz
03-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I have searched and found that the ivy house is now closed?? So do we have any new information on how to get married at wayside??
Please and thank you

MrzCook
03-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know the procedure to get married at dvi state prison in Tracy California? Please help. Oh and do I need my birth certificate if I have my I.D & social security card? My birth certificate burned in the fire a few years ago when my parents house burned down

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
03-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know the procedure to get married at dvi state prison in Tracy California? Please help. Oh and do I need my birth certificate if I have my I.D & social security card? My birth certificate burned in the fire a few years ago when my parents house burned down

Your loved one needs to request a marriage packet from his counselor. Im not sure what paperwork you will need but if you have your id you can always get a copy of your birth certificate. Good luck :)

socalcrrvs
03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Don't worry, I'm still here and I will help you. I sent you a PM with my phone number, call me and we will get you married. If anyone has a general question about getting married in Orange County, San Diego County or LA County, just post it here or send me a PM.

and remember... This may not be the wedding of your dreams, but he's still the man of your dreams!

Kerry

I have searched and found that the ivy house is now closed?? So do we have any new information on how to get married at wayside??
Please and thank you

socalcrrvs
03-22-2013, 03:10 AM
If the prison does not require a birth certificate from you for their purposes, you will not need one. You will, however, need a valid state or government issued ID for both you and your fiance in order to obtain the marriage license from the county recorder. In addition, before that happens, you will need to get what is called an "Inability to Appear" form from the county recorder and have a notary take it to the jail and notarize your fiance's signature. What that form does is authorize your minister (that would be me in some cases :) to stand in for your fiance who is 'unable to appear' personally to apply for the marriage license because he is incarcerated. You will need the state or gov't issued ID for both the notary and the county recorder when applying for the license.

Good Luck!

Kerry!

and always remember... this may not be the wedding of your dreams, but he's still the man of your dreams!

Your loved one needs to request a marriage packet from his counselor. Im not sure what paperwork you will need but if you have your id you can always get a copy of your birth certificate. Good luck :)

joggs
03-22-2013, 06:29 AM

the notary made the appointment and that same day i went with the pastor to pick up our marriage license that night we were married and one 2 weeks later our license (official) came in the mail

Ladyatho West

joggs
03-22-2013, 06:35 AM
My mans in the stanislaus county jail in modesto. Anyone know someone who can help me marry him while hes in there? Its in between sacramento and the bay area.

Go down to the county.clerks office and request an inability to appear form...this replaces his id because he is not able to present one...then get the form notarized...find a pastor...go with the pastor to get the marriage license and then get married at the jail

Ladyatho West

Nette068
04-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Go down to the county.clerks office and request an inability to appear form...this replaces his id because he is not able to present one...then get the form notarized...find a pastor...go with the pastor to get the marriage license and then get married at the jail

Ladyatho West
I would like to marry my fiance before he is sentenced to state time. We were schedule to get married on April 06, 2013 but he got arrested two weeks before time. Now he might have to do a 5 year joint suspension due to probation violations. Really need to know how this work. Do I pick up the inability to appear form first, then get it notarized? Or do I need a notary to go with me? His brotherinlaw in a minister and is going to marry us, so that part is taken care of. Do I need him to go with me to the court house too or just to the Visting Facility with me to do the cermeony? Please help response please....

Nette068
04-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Don't worry, I'm still here and I will help you. I sent you a PM with my phone number, call me and we will get you married. If anyone has a general question about getting married in Orange County, San Diego County or LA County, just post it here or send me a PM.

and remember... This may not be the wedding of your dreams, but he's still the man of your dreams!

Kerry
Help I need help!!!! Please inbox me jssunshine043@gmail.com I want to marry my fiance before he gets sentence to state time. Already have a minister just need to clarify somethings first. Please HELP!!!!:(

mzavalos0912
06-15-2013, 09:57 AM
My name is crystal,im trying to marry my boyfriend, I've been waiting 4 my approval from the jail but.they've seem to have lost my paperwork. He hrs sentence on June 26th, funds are low but I'll do whatever so that we will be together thru marriage. We were going to marry on April 8the but he went to jail that 6the. Please help with any information!! We've been together 4years and 2 miscarriages & I'm all he has. His family no support system @ all. Moved away to Mexico once they found.out he went to jail. He will be down 11 years . I'm crying out for help!!

JustInLove2013
11-22-2013, 04:58 PM
My fiance and I were supposed to be married a couple of weeks back when he got arrested for DUI. He's presently at Glen Helen (we live in San Bernardino County) and scheduled to go back to court in January when he may accept a plea deal. This is a felony and he's already done state time for felony DUI before, so the attorney says it will have to be state. Questions, since it's a non-violent offense I'm thinking he will do his state time at a county jail, right? Can we go ahead and get married in one of the SBCo jails, wherever they send him? Thanks in advance, this is really important to us!

bunniesanchez
11-22-2013, 05:09 PM
My fiance and I were supposed to be married a couple of weeks back when he got arrested for DUI. He's presently at Glen Helen (we live in San Bernardino County) and scheduled to go back to court in January when he may accept a plea deal. This is a felony and he's already done state time for felony DUI before, so the attorney says it will have to be state. Questions, since it's a non-violent offense I'm thinking he will do his state time at a county jail, right? Can we go ahead and get married in one of the SBCo jails, wherever they send him? Thanks in advance, this is really important to us!

i just PM you =)