View Full Version : My Wedding & Vows

Isadora
06-06-2002, 01:37 AM
Well, we got married in prison a year and a half ago. It was pretty barren. They conducted the ceremony in the visitors' room! No decorations, no music, no flowers, just me, my husband, the chaplain, the best man, the maid of honor, and a guard. And I had no one to be my maid of honor so they let one of the inmates do it for us so we'd have two witnesses. And another inmate was the best man. The chaplain read the ceremony to us and we said our vows and had one kiss, then they took me out and him away, back to his cell. I couldn't believe that was my wedding day. I had to come back during normal visiting hours to see him after the wedding. So when he gets out we are going to have a REAL wedding and a honeymoon.

lizbeth
06-06-2002, 01:57 AM
Hi Isadora,

You and I have similar experiences. See prison weddings "the arizon experience" I couldn't beleive that was mine either. I am just super proud to be Juniors wife. no matter where it was. And like you said you guys can celebrate right when he comes home.

Good luck,

lizbeth

soraya
06-06-2002, 02:24 AM
prison weddings don't sound like a lot of fun :( sorry that this was your wedding day. but when he gets out, you guys can make up for that day, huh?

CREAMYALMONDZ
06-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Was the maid of honor a man?
That's how I want to do it too, when he is released I want a real wedding and honeymoon.

Isadora
06-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Oh yes, the maid of honor was a man! You know all the guys were teasing him about that. It was funny; anyway he was a good maid of honor and one of my husbands homeys. I know, I was still blessed and happy and proud to be my man's wife, no matter what or where I had to do it. But it made me realize how awesome a real wedding in the world could be. Even in the visitors' room in the prison you could feel the love, it was beautiful!

CREAMYALMONDZ
06-07-2002, 09:17 AM
I agree Isadora. At least you didn't have to spend a ton of money on a one day event. That way when he is released, all the money you saved up can go towards the honeymoon!

Isadora
06-08-2002, 12:44 AM
I know! What an awesome honeymoon it will be too! I want to go someplace tropical and warm, like Jamaica or Hawaii, and stay in a house on the beach.

tony's girl
06-08-2002, 12:50 PM
Isadora,
How long till he is released? At least you have something very nice to look forward to!

Isadora
06-08-2002, 09:45 PM
He has 22 months til he maxes out! And then they have to let him go!

CREAMYALMONDZ
06-10-2002, 11:58 AM
It'll be four to five years, depending on his behavior. I was thinking of a small ceremony after he is released then a honeymoon.

An AWESOME honeymoon spot is the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. My cousin got married two weeks ago in Atlanta and she spent her honeymoon there. She recently got back and I heard some very good stories about it. If you have $25, 000 to spend then you can get the 'bridge suite'.

Shortie
06-10-2002, 09:26 PM
i did not even get to see my husband on our wedding day (read texas wedding and you can see how i had to do it.) I am glad that you were able to say your vows to each other that is a special thing in it's self..

danielle
06-11-2002, 05:29 AM
Wayne and I eloped - we had no witnesses (not required by Tennessee). We were married in a records vault at the courthouse. At least we did get to see each other on our wedding day and it happened before he was locked up. That's one thing I don't think I'll ever regret.

Isadora
06-11-2002, 03:31 PM
Wow Shortie I just read about Texas prison weddings - by Proxy, how weird! I guess I do have that to be thankful for , I did get to kiss him at least on our wedding day. Just goes to show that things can always be worse and we should appreciate whatever small pleasures we can find.

Shortie
06-11-2002, 07:24 PM
that is so true... you should appreciate what you have cuz it can always be worse...

montysgirl
06-13-2002, 10:09 PM
I had a texas wedding....one month ago!! It made me realize that all the frills and flowers don't matter at all....all that matters is that my husband and I have devoted our lives to loving each other. We wrote our own vows to each other...and did that part together at visitation. So what he couldn't be there when it became "legal" but he was there when I gave him my heart!!!

Isadora
06-14-2002, 12:51 AM
Wow, you are a strong woman! What you said was beautiful.

robilyn
06-14-2002, 11:28 PM
well congratulations to all of you! My question now is how do I get the information that I need to find out how Gerard and I get married before his release? He is in the state of SC and his counselor is no help. And my other question is how do you all know the exact day and time of release? Just curious. I wish I knew when he would be home for sure, I know his maxium out date and maxium parole date but it has changed twice now. Thanks ..........Robyn

Isadora
06-14-2002, 11:49 PM
The prison chaplain is the one we talked to about finding out what we had to do to get married in there. The chaplain also made the arrangements for the wedding in the visitors' room. The counselor wasn't involved.

Isadora
07-18-2002, 12:07 AM
My sweet husband and I are fighting, something we rarely do, and never before to the extent as this one. So of course I am hurting. Instead of arguing with him further today I just made copies of our wedding vows and mailed them to him without writing a letter or anything. Here they are......."I, Derek take you Isadora, to be my wife, my partner in life, and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever. I will trust you and honor you, I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will love you faithfully through the best and the worst. Through the difficult and the easy. What may come I will always be there. As I have given you my hand to hold so I give you my life to keep, so help me God. I, Isadora take you Derek to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever. I will trust you and honor you. I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will love you faithfully, through the best and the worst, through the difficult and the easy. What may come I will always be there. As I have given you my hand to hold so I give you my life to keep so help me God. Entreat me not to leave you, or to return from following after you. For where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. And where you die, I will die and there I will be buried. May the Lord do with me and more if anything but death parts you from me.

Isadora
07-18-2002, 12:17 AM
And I also sent him this "Blessing of the Apaches" which was read at our wedding too: " Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth. Treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness, and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty, and fear assail your relationship - as they threaten all relationships at one time or another - remember to focus on what is right between you, not only the part that seems wrong. In this way, you can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives - remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight."

danielle
07-18-2002, 05:32 AM
Sometimes we need a reminder of what is important in the lives of the one we marry.

The "Blessings of the Apaches" was also read at my wedding - thank you for reminding me of this.

sherri13
07-18-2002, 08:07 AM
VERY BEAUTIFUL

DJohnson
07-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Very Beautiful indeed!!
Brought tears to my eyes!!
I am going to have the "The Blessings of the Apaches" read at mine & EJ's wedding.

Cameo
07-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us...Your vows are beautiful...I'm going to copy "Te Blessings of the Apaches" and keep it for my future special day!

CREAMYALMONDZ
07-23-2002, 11:50 AM
A reminder is good.

Daveswife
07-23-2002, 05:49 PM
Beautiful vows!! It's easy to forget when you're dealing with all this crap! I hope all works out well.

BillnDenise
07-23-2002, 07:21 PM
What beautiful vows. Good luck with your marriage.

mixtalia
09-15-2002, 10:45 PM
Those vows are absolutly beautiful they brought tears of happiness to my eyes.

horsegal
09-16-2002, 06:52 PM
I love that " Blessing of the Apaches" I'll have to ask Kraig if he minds if I have that done at our wedding. :hmm: