View Full Version : What do the numbers for security levels mean?

Habaneroman
05-16-2006, 01:22 AM
I am cofused 1-5 ,,, Min. Max. Security,,, What #'s match which security level?

PurpleRayn
05-16-2006, 06:55 AM
http://www.azcorrections.gov/IFFL/GB.htm#CLASSIFICATION%20SYSTEM%20—%20INITIAL%20SCO RES

Check out this link from AZ DOC site, it kinda explains it. I don't think 1-5 is the security level, it's the scale of numbers they use to determine the security level. Hope this helps!

meganmuffin
05-16-2006, 07:12 AM
The way I understand this - 1 poses the "lowest" risk and 5 the "highest" risk - used when classifiying them and decided their location. I think the ADOC is changing the system to MIN, MED, CLOSE and MAX -

Aimee1
05-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi there HM, these are how the custody levels are assigned:

The inmate has a score of 1-5 which determines his custody level.
Each prison unit also has a score of 1-5, which determines its custody level.

1 and 2 = minimum security (very open movement, sometimes has work-release programs, alot of privileges, usually has college classes available)

3 = medium (somewhat open movement, sometimes has college classes available, fewer privileges than minimum, sometimes live in dorms rather than individual cells)

4 = closed custody (controlled movement, usually they are in their cells except for meals, recreation time, jobs, classes, they live in cells, etc.)

5 = maximum custody (only time out of cells is for short recreation periods, they live in single man cells, eat meals in cells)

Your son in law is a level 3 so thats good, its only one step above minimum. He should be able to get along well there and hopefully enroll in some college classes and get a job within his facility. I hope this helps! :)

Aimee