View Full Version : I am so ANGRY!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE - visiting at Holman

lisainengland
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
:angry: :angry: Hi Folks,Just posting to say that I am at boiling point with Holman CF. First they make all these changes to the visiting rules so I try to find a way around that, on Friday I actually phoned Alabama and spoke to the Deputy Warden Tony Patterson who was like a robot he quoted the rules at me but wouldnt tell me if I had achance of being allowed to visit. By the way its the inmate that has to request the special visit. Then today I recieved a letter from my man saying that he had not heard from me in 9 days (I have sent 5 letters since the 28th April ) but that he had recieved a rejection form for one of my letters stating that it was written in a foreign language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont even speak a bloody foreign language let alone write in one. Why cant they leave us alone???????? Isnt it enough that they want to kill him now they want to take me away as well.
I dont know what to do next although I have written to the Warden at Holman. Wish me luck and any suggestions would be very gratefully recieved
Lisaxxxxxxxx

Najm
05-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I am sorry you are having such a hard time with them Lisa.They seem to take pleasure in cutting these guys off from friends and family bit by bit.
All you really can do is put your complaint in writing as you have to the warden,if you don't recieve a response within a couple of weeks,I would write to the regional secretary and set out your complaint,firstly the mail being screwed with and secondly about the refusal of visit's and ask for his/her help in this matter.

Where my man is in PA, they hung on to some of his Xmas cards,sent them back to me in February with a note telling me it was a prison and c.d's are not allowed! I don't know what planet they are on sometimes,I sent it all direct to the warden and told him I wanted them delivered to my fiance with an explanation.
I called the warden and he had no idea why any of them had been refused,but you can bet somebody had their butt kicked because now he gets everything I send.

Good luck with sorting out the visiting,lord knows they need some contact with outside.

Blueyez94
05-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Lisa, Have you tried to call and speak to the warden to address the problems? If you haven't had any luck with any of those go to the alabama public information officer, Brian Corbett and see if he can help...

nad_25
05-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Hello Lisa,
My fiance is at Holman and it is unfortunate about the rule change. The state keeps taking more and more from the prisoners and then they wonder why the inmates are so aggrivated and testy all the time?! Are you on his permanent visitors list? Well, I guess not by the sound of your post...can you be put on his list??? They only accept special visits from family now, and you have to be traveling more then 500 miles. It's insane. The warden at Holman is a real jerk (for lack of a better word), and he is not very sympathetic. This change is actually state wide, although every prison is monotnous and the warden can make an excption. It seems like unless you're family or wife visits are that much harder to get. Each inmate can have 1 female freind (of hes not married) and one male freind...
Best of luck to you and feel free to IM me :)
Nadia

michelewifff1l
06-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey Lisa,

I sure hope that something GOOD happens for yall, SOON!!

micheLe

lisainengland
06-09-2006, 02:30 PM
thanks for all your support I am being added to his visitors list and will be going out there in November I cant wait. The foreign letter was actually postage coupons, I have sent them hundreds of times before but now all of a sudden they are no longer allowed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot anyway everyone
Lisax