View Full Version : formby unit - plainview, texas - looking for info Texas State Jail

patiberm
05-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Hello I am new to this. I would like some information on the formby unit in Plainview Tx. I have a brother who has been there since february.

Ashagirl
05-18-2006, 09:15 PM
At the bottom of the Texas forum is a "Other Texas Prisons" sub-forum. If you scan through the threads you will find Formby Unit. There may be people posting in that thread that also have loved ones at Formby. They would welcome you, I'm sure. :)

patiberm
05-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Hello, I would like to know about the gang activity on the formby unit are there really gangs in that unit and how bad is it?

txrose
06-13-2006, 10:55 AM
What type on info do you need? I have a b/f that got moved there from wallace unit, i know they offer GED classes and other programs.

txrose
06-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Hello, I would like to know about the gang activity on the formby unit are there really gangs in that unit and how bad is it? YES, there is gangs there but to my understanding every prisons has them i also had a brother in prison over here by the valley he got approch several times to join the gang what my bestfriend and brother tell me if you show your scared or weak they will push your buttons. Thank god my brother is out but he did say its no joke in there. Sorry to say my friend still needs a while before he gets release and i'm not going to lie he has had his moments all i could sugguest is to keep writing him and try to keep postive. I hope this help by the way what is your brother's name my friend might already know him.

jjlew
06-16-2006, 09:25 AM
My brother was there years back and he had some trouble but he was a kid only 17 and he went in fighting and was in seg for most of his stay. I spent most of the time he was in scared but he was fine for the most part he hurt himself for not following the rules.
They do have gangs there but I really don't think you can get away in from that in prison they are always going to be there but his best bet is to keep his head on and his ears open and try not to get in with any one that is know to cause trouble.