View Full Version : FMC Womens Camp in Lexington, Ky (Federal Facility) Questions

gypsyhorses
08-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Hello

Has anyone here ever been in FMC women's Prison Camp in Lexington? I was told it is a medical center for women at the men's prison. I would love to hear from you all that know anything about it. Thanks.

hopeinot
08-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Any info on lexington fpc kentucky. commissarr, classes, Any info would be helpful. surrendering 9/11/06 thank you.
kathi

babygirl350
08-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Hello

Has anyone here ever been in FMC women's Prison Camp in Lexington? I was told it is a medical center for women at the men's prison. I would love to hear from you all that know anything about it. Thanks.

This is a new one on me. I have never heard of it.If it is FMC Lexington, have you checked the Federal forum as that is a federal prison? Perhaps they have info on it there.

My very best to you and yours.

sayingprayers
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
This is a low security satalite camp for women seperate from men's FMC. Address has Fereral Medical Center/SCP Atwood. Lexington KY There are about 300 women there at any given time.

rosee
09-22-2006, 09:35 PM
I can tell you all about the fmc lexington - f-4 unit. My friend was cruelly treated there he died almost one year ago.

The moderators won't allow me to talk much about it on the board *not sure why... so you will have to email me or pm me for more info.

DURAMAX
09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
My wife has been at the fmc camp for two weeks now. I was able to go and se her this past weekend.:) The visit was great. She says the facility is ok. It is just very dirty and needs a good cleaning, but all in all it is not to bad....

rosedealer
09-25-2006, 08:11 PM
duramax ---i am glad your visit went well for you and hope you get many more but first wish you hope she could come home soon.

adriennelisa
10-07-2006, 07:10 PM
My wife has been at the fmc camp for two weeks now. ... She says the facility is ok. It is just very dirty and needs a good cleaning, but all in all it is not to bad....

I was in FPC Lex from 2000-2002. Sounds like things haven't changed much since then.

dangerfield
10-14-2006, 02:52 AM
i was in lexington camp from 2004-2005 your right, still sounds the same. the camp is not bad at all, the worst is seperation from family.

sbstar3636
11-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Can anyone give detailed info on Lexington Camp? Self surrender Dec. 13th and leaving a 11 yr old little girl at home. Anxiety, like everyone else.
Thanks for any info about this camp. I heard it's not up to date with things.

Malibu Barbie
11-14-2006, 10:08 PM
My aunt was recently transferred to FMC Lexington. She says the conditions are not as good as the Texas prison where she was originally incarcerated, but feels they're tolerable since she's now hours closer to her sons. Maybe you'll be within the same unit as her. I'll send you a PM. :)

karen58
04-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Hello My daughter is at the satellite camp. It is not a medical facility. It is a satellite camp at the mens medical prison.

Malibu Barbie
04-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Hello My daughter is at the satellite camp. It is not a medical facility. It is a satellite camp at the mens medical prison.

Actually, Karen, that facility can handle more medical-related problems than the others that I know of. And, yes, it is a satellite camp, but the men are separated from the women - separate facilities. The male and female inmates are not in actual physical contact with each other - they are separated. That particular facility might be good for inmates who have certain medical problems, but I know that it lacks in numerous other areas.

tw5595
06-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I can assure you that this facility is NOT a medical facility. Yes the mens is, which is within walking distance. If there is an emergency a guard has to call them and if there is no one sick at the time at the mens facility, they will come over and evaluate. There is a doctor and a nurse there during the day, but that is also a whole different story. The medical department stinks!!!!!! I was there for one year and prayed every day that I never got sick. The doctor there was a reject from the county jail and use to be a gynocologist, so everything you go to him for, he wants to take a peak. I hated going to medical, because they treated everyone like they were lying. If you were very sick and could finally convince them of this, they would eventually send you to Carswell TX. Yes, the facility was dirty for the most part, but the building was very old and you could only do so much with it.

browna
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I was in lexington last fall, I can help you.

atwoodfree
11-11-2007, 07:18 AM
I just left Lexington Camp October 15, 2007. Should anyone need updated information on this dump just let me know. For those that still have family members there give me a shout out to because I knew just about everyone up there! Some are doing ok others well let's just say not so great!

meme48915
11-19-2007, 10:41 PM
I have to surrender on Dec 12th - Weeee. Do I use the same address thats listed for the males for letters sent to me?? I was trying to give my address to someone and wasnt sure.

browna
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
No, the womens camp has a different address. goto www. bop.gov

dangerfield
01-26-2008, 04:12 AM
I know this post is late, but for anyone reading it, tw5595, is exactly right, fmc lexington, is NOT a medical facility!! I was there 2004-2005, and nearly died, they finally rushed me to uk hospital, where i spent a week! The facility in lexington, is a work camp for girls, and not a medical center, they are NOT equiped for medical care. if anyone needs more info, just contact me...
dangerfield

manchester03
01-29-2008, 12:35 AM
The building that the women are in was built in the 1940's for psych patients, probably had better healthcare back then!

hms3525
12-01-2009, 01:28 PM
My mother reports Jan 5 2010. can anyone give me information on this place?

ltd0096
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
My friend went in to the camp at Lexington at the end of October. She has not complained about conditions or treatment. It's been difficult for her to adjust and this is her first time in prison. She is managing though. Prison is never a good thing but from what i hear from my friend and other posts on her, this place is not that bad.

nvrfree
06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Hello

I self surrendered there in 95. It's across the fence from the men's facility. There isn't a fence around it, nor are there any cells. You work while you are there. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer them.

Jen1812
11-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Looking for information on the Lexington Women's Camp. Anything would help.

628FREEBIRD
12-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Looking for information on the Lexington Women's Camp. Anything would help.
What do you want to know.. I just got released a month ago and can tell you what you want to know..

fbopnomore
12-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Welcome to Prison Talk and to the federal forums. Thank you for offering to share information about Lexington too.