View Full Version : Gwinnett Co. Probation Violation- What 2 expect?

Vanian
10-02-2006, 12:40 AM
My husband got taken to Gwinnett County jail for a warrant for probation violation - he had been in intensive probation (with only 3 months left to go) and he had a Bi-polar episode that caused him to miss curfew - the Fulton Co. PO told him to get into treatment right away - which he did - was inpatient for a week and sent to outpatient because GRAN didnt do Psych evaluations - he's been outpatient at Emory (took forEVER to find a doctor btw) and Catholic Social services and is finally on medication and was making plans to turn himself in when a Gwinnett county cop ran his tag and took him in instead. (damn Murphy's law)

So thats the story - now for the question - he's only been in for 4 days but do any of you know - how long will it take to get him on the court calandar and what may happen with this - his original sentencing would be up in 2009 - and who makes the descision whether or not to revoke and how much - the judge? or the PO? or the PO and the judge? Any chance of house arrest?

Any speculation are appreciated - just like to know what to expect - the worst and the best... lawyers are all over me giving me horror stories so I'll give them $1500...
Thnks! :o

NICKDIAMOND7
10-05-2006, 01:27 PM
When my bf violate probation in June he had his first court apperance in september so he went almost 11 wks in county jail before he went in front of the probation judge, i think it took longer b/c his probation was for Rockdale, and he got arrested in gwinnett. the worse that can happen is they make him serve the rest of his time in jail, original sentence...

Vanian
11-21-2006, 02:39 PM
UpDATE: He got 18 months - 9 to serve at Gwinnett PWC - credit for time served so 7 more months - anyone know what Gwinnett PWC entials?

mirandafromga
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
on a violation of probation there supposed to have you in court within a month but like I said "Supposed Too"