View Full Version : Visitation at Southern MDOC-Leakesville,MS

taryn
10-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Hello, I am taryn! This past Oct. 14, Saturday, I visited my fiance for five hours. I did not even know that places could be so cold and hard. I've been going since June 16, 2006, and for some reason since then, I thought maybe the place would be better. My fiance says I was living in a dream world if I was thinking something like that. I will be going for another visit on Sunday, Oct. 22, 2006. I just love him so much, and if going to that place is the only way I can see him, I will do what it takes. By the way, our visit was great as always!
When I started to leave, I asked a female guard if she had a list of visitation rules and procedures for this particular facility. She went to her office and brought me several pages, all clipped together. I am in the process of getting this posted as soon as I hear from Jonathan as to where to post it.
I fell very lucky to have found PTO which brought me to all of YOU!! Thank everyone for being so kind to me. I'm always if someone needs to talk or just bend my ear. Thanks!

Fox
10-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello Taryn,
My Name Is Twyla And I Have To Say That I'm Happy That You Have A Chance To See Your Man, In My Case I Can't See Mines Due To The Fact Of A Misunderstanding While He Was In Emcf In Meridian, Which I Didn't Have Anything To Do With. My Wonderful Man Is Housed There At Smci, Been There For About 3 Weeks To A Month. I'm In The Process Of Getting My Visit Back, But I Think It's A Thing About Me BEING A Former Employee Of Mdoc At Parchman. I'm Hoping And Praying That We Will Be Married By January 2007. I'm Missing Him Deeply, Hoping He Will Make Parole In June 2007, Or Should I Say He Will Make Parole In June 2007. I Have To Think Positive About The Whole Situation. Whenever You Have The Time Send Me A Pm, Maybe Your Man Knows My Man. His Name Is Larry Washington And He's In Building C-1. Loving My Man Until We Become As One. If You Have Any Info On The Marriage Situation There At Smci, Please Let Me Know. Hope To Hear From You Soon

Mrs.Glamma
10-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi Twyla,

Welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum.

The marriage process for current consideration began July 15. Requests for the application had to be in to the chaplain by August 15 for review and determination of eligibility. Applications were then given to those initially eligible to go through the remainder of the process and were due to case manager by September 25. Weddings are held in November/December and again in April. I would imagine the process for April weddings should begin in January. Keep in mind that in order to be married you must be an approved visitor on your guy's visit list.
Good luck.
D

Fox
10-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the information. I will forward the information to my love when he calls today. Hopefully by then we would have everything in order so I can become his wife. He will be coming back up for parole in June 2007, I pray to God that the parole board will see that he has made a change, and will let him come home. I rather for him to be home and we get married with our family and friends instead of marrying him there, but no matter what, I would marry him on the moon if I had too!!!!!!!

Mrs.Glamma
10-24-2006, 08:53 PM
You are quite welcome. Wish you well. My Honey has been there 21/2 years so if you have any questions, ask away.
D

Mrs.Glamma
02-26-2007, 01:48 AM
This of course is subject to change but the gates are now opening at 7:30Am rather than 8AM, and the guys are being allowed into the visit room as the visitors arrive as early as 8AM, rather than waiting until 9AM! That extra hour is SO nice. The 8AM visit time is in effect for area 1, and assume area 2 as well since all go through main gate.
Dam311

Mrs.Glamma
04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
my son is in area 1 at smci if any body hears any news please let us hear from you please my chris has been their 1 year now after geting out for a short time then got back into trouble again now he,s having to serve 9 more year,s let me hear from you guy,s thank,s'''''' tiger smith

The above visit information is the latest I have. At this time, I think you and I are the only members posting who have loved ones at SMCI. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. Been going there for 3 years. I am not sure what you are asking for in your post.

Michelle Turney
10-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I need visitation forms and have been unable to find them online. Can anyone help me, please.

PTO-29412
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
You cannot get them online, your loved one must send them to you

Fae
10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Taryn,
My loved one has been at SMCI for almost a year and I have been visiting that long. So far it seems like I have gotten the miracle that I asked for and that God really has sent a guardian angel to protect my son. I say that because he is not being mistreated by staff or other inmates. I just pray that it continues until he can be home again. I wish you and your loved one the very best