View Full Version : Looking for any info on Central East Correctional Centre

Inadaze
11-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey again all.

This time around, I'm looking for info on the Central East Correctional centre. I have found no relevant information on the internet other than the address. I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of the facility, its reputation, visiting guidelines (ie- contact visits, hours etc)
Initially I thought my hubby was being transferred to Penetang, but apparently he is heading to CECC as soon as Saturday!!! (Gotta love how they are so vague on when someone is being transferred)
Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated by both myself and my husband.

Thanks in advance!

guitargirl
11-10-2006, 09:09 AM
CECC is in Lindsay Ontario. heres the address and phone number for you! :) (705) 328-6000
541 Hwy 36
Box 4500
Lindsay ON
K9V 6H2
I couldnt find any real info on it since its a privately run facility but im sure that if you call, they will help you with any questions you have. Good Luck!

Yoosgirl
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi Inadaze, well I can tell u a little bit about Central East cause my man has spent to much time there over the last few years :(. We had no contact visits any time he was there, just behind glass on the phone. I have never talked to anyone who has had contact visits there so to my knowledge they don't exist. The facility is new and from what I saw clean. Like all other facilities you will have to show photo ID. The visiting hours depend on which range he is in but they are every afternoon from (i think) 1:00 - 3:30. They have morning visits as well from Monday thru Saturday, none on Sunday. Visits are 30 minutes twice a week or you can do a double visit just make sure you ask for it before you go up to see your man. No double visits on Saturday (not sure may be Sunday to). Better to go during the week if you can cause the weekends can get really busy. If you call CECC I am sure that any questions you have will be answered. Goodluck and I hope I have been some help :) .

Inadaze
11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Thank you both for your help! It has certainly answered some of the questions I havent been able to find out.
My main concern was whether we would get open visits or not. I thought they'd only have closed ones in PC. And of course with my luck, my only day to get up there would be on a weekend (I work during the week) and its a cool 2.5 hour drive!
I didnt want to call them yet as I am not 100% sure that he is going there. We wont know where he's going until he actually gets there. He was initially recommended to OCI (Brampton) but apparently they are full and CECC is the only facility with space.
Thanks again for all the help!

jessie_girl
04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
My boyfriend is there, now I know basically everything about it, anymore questions just ask in this forum!

emilylovesron
10-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey I don't know much about that jail,but my man is staying there,and um well if you do get this message,I was wondering how far you are from Lindsay Ontario,and maybe my boyfriend knows yours,hah probably not there is over 1000 people in that jail,but you never know:)

pyrochick
12-05-2007, 09:18 AM
hi all,

so little posts and replies on the canadian end isnt it? hopefully that will change some time in the near future.

my man is also currently at cecc, on remand, has done a month and a half and counting, as his trial date still remains unknown. i have made it a daily task to find out as much as i can about the facilities, whether it be thru him or my own researches on the net and asking around...

they are locked in their cells for meals from 11am to 1pm, 4pm to 6pm, and then for the night at 830pm to 9am but the phones do not turn on until 930am. during the time they are not locked up, they can make collect calls freely, given that it is in accordance with all the other inmates who has to share the same 3 phones. they have a tv on range where they can watch music channels, sports, pretty much basic cable tv. they get their mail daily, if any, and are allowed 20 minutes of "fresh air" outside each day. carts of reading material goes around every once in a while, which gives inmates a chance to choose new books to read to escape their time inside.

visiting hours are for sure from 2pm and 4pm, and i believe 930am to 11am, although dont quote me on the morning visiting hours, as ive never been there in the mornings before. they are allowed two 20 minute visits per week, or one double visit a week. double visits are available upon request of the inmate, and requests should be put in days in advance in order to be reviewed and approved before u come for the visit. calling ahead to see if the request went through is a good idea. also, remember to come at least 20 minutes before the cut off time for visiting hours, as they will not allow u to visit if u show up at 345pm when they cut off at 4pm. i made a wrong turn and got lost my second time visiting him, was late and drove 2 hours each way in vain. needless to say i was balling my eyes out on the drive back, and will definitely never make that mistake again.

sending ur loved ones money orders or depositing money into their canteen when u visit is always suggested, as this is one of their very few perks they have inside. they can buy little treats like chocolate bars and soda, and personal daily toiletries such as deodorant, lotion, soap, etc. with the money we send them. they are allowed to choose from a variety of different things, up to a maximum of 60 dollars per week. if u are sending a money order or any type of mail, do remember to put their OTIS #’s on the envelope along with their name and the address of cecc, and be sure to include the OTIS # on their money order as well. if u want to deposit money into their canteen when u go to visit, be sure to do so as u are registering to visit, otherwise they will not accept the money during or after.

there are times where they will be locked down in their cells all day, sometimes even for a number of days in a row... so if he says he’s going to call u, and dont end up doing so, as much as we all get alarmed and/or upset when this happens, we have to understand that their lives arent their own inside and they have no control over what they can and cannot do. reasons for lockdown? could be a number of things. shortage of staff, guards finding things on range that isnt supposed to be on range, cell searches, etc. luckily, my man has befriended a worker inmate on range that serves them their food, so he kindly asks the friend to quickly call me informing me of lockdowns so i wont be as worried... even though we all kno as long as our loved ones are in there, we are CONSTANTLY worried, just at times much more than others.

writing regularly to our loved ones and sending them pictures to keep them in touch with us and the rest of the world is ever so important. most inmates, if not all, who have a significant other or close loved ones on the outside heavily rely on our correspondence, as they live vicariously through us most of the time. my man tells me everynight he falls asleep to the pictures of us and of me, that he has created a collage out of on his bedside wall. communication is key in order to get thru these tough times, sometimes him knowing that u rely on him to get thru this as much as he relies on u will give him a sense of strength, knowing he has to also be ur strength as much as him urs.

pto has given me more strength than i can ever imagine. sharing my knowledge and feelings to those who are in the same shoes give me a sense of belonging, and reading outreaches of others also gives me the will to continue this fight knowing i am not alone. i can only hope and pray that more canadians hop on and do the same soon. i also hope that my ramblings will help someone, anyone, as others’ ramblings has helped me.

thanks everyone :)
pyrochick.

saltsgirl
03-07-2008, 07:15 AM
I can feel for most of the posts iv read since my hubby is in Lindsay supercenter aswell. I have found the office staff are cruel and heavy handed with the rules. Iv shown up 3 times after callingand checking and been deined visits.

But my question is about the church does anyone know where I can find info on volunteering. The boys ( and girls ) who want to go to church havebeen denied 3 weeks in a row since the volunteers just dont show.

Please help, Imiss him soo

saltsgirl
03-07-2008, 07:18 AM
thank you so much i just saw your post. I miss my guy so much, its his first and i hope last tiem inthere. I jsut found out form a cell mate of his, they are drugging them. At least he's smiling.

that_girl
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Hey,
I was trying to find out what I am allowed to mail my Dad, he's in Central East Correctional Centre as well.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
That Girl

sarahfred
11-03-2008, 09:32 AM
you can pretty much only mail letters pictures and money orders to CECC when i sed my letters I tear some word search or cross word puzzles from a book and put them in too,make sure you dont you use any tape glue stickers or staples,my daughter stuck a sticker on a picture she made her daddy and they sent it back.

ChristinaL
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey,
I was trying to find out what I am allowed to mail my Dad, he's in Central East Correctional Centre as well.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
That Girl

If you wish to send him magazines or a book, just call and ask for the librarian, tell her that you would like to send him something to read and see if she approves it. They usually are very good about things like that, but it's best to talk to her and ask them if it's ok to do so, as she does have to follow the rules too. That's what I done, (as per my guy's request, as he did speak to her also) and I got my approval and my guy receives his magazines when I send them on occasion, which is great for him, but at least I know he will get it as I have approval. I understand that if they receive a book, they may have or have to leave it behind when they are released, but that's not a problem to me... (at least, some other inmates can benefit from that, which is a good thing). See how it goes for you.

As Sarahfred says........ Make sure you don't you use any tape, glue, stickers or staples, my daughter stuck a sticker on a picture she made her daddy and they sent it back.

And, I do believe they are only allowed a certain amount of pics per envelope, (I'm not really too sure on that one, but I just send my guy a max of 8 at a time, and then I know he will get them)

Good luck

C

P.S. I hope we helped you ??

that_girl
11-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Indeed you did.
Thank you:)
Am I able to reach the librarian through the (705) 328-6000 phone number, and just ask to be directed to her/him? Or is there another number where I can reach the librarian?
xox

ChristinaL
11-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Indeed you did.
Thank you:)
Am I able to reach the librarian through the (705) 328-6000 phone number, and just ask to be directed to her/him? Or is there another number where I can reach the librarian?
xox

Just call the number as you said here....

You can just call the jail, ask for the librarian, but get your dad or whomever to talk to her/him in advance. Tell dad/boyfriend/husband to speak to her and ask her permission, she will in turn take it to her superior and then she will advise your partner/dad or whomever, that it's ok. But wait for the reply before you start sending.........

it will work for you, if you follow the rules........

C

x

hiswifey41
08-21-2009, 04:04 PM
My boyfriend has been in CECC now for 3 weeks, and I would like to visit him but have no idea how to get there. I don't drive, so does anyone know of a greyhound or something that would take me up there from either scarborough or downtown toronto? I would really appreciate any information.

cincer
09-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Is ur B/F still there...I'm heading up thre this weekend.

hiswifey41
10-05-2009, 01:38 AM
nah he got transferred to kingston pen. thanks tho

waitingheart
12-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I was just wondering if anyone from the Peterborough Area visited someone in Central East Correctional Centre, I know it seems like not a lot of pple post on the Canada forums, but thought I would ask anyway, My boyfriend is there, will be for awhile and I don't drive, just wondered if there was anyone visiting there these days, I pay gas money, but I find it really hard to find ways to get there. Thanks

sadpanda
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
CECC is in Lindsay Ontario. heres the address and phone number for you! :) (705) 328-6000
541 Hwy 36
Box 4500
Lindsay ON
K9V 6H2
I couldnt find any real info on it since its a privately run facility but im sure that if you call, they will help you with any questions you have. Good Luck!

So this is the first time I've ever written to a jail and was wondering how I guess, If I just write
Name

541 Hwy 36
Box 4500
Lindsay ON
K9V 6H2
It will go through to him? or do I need an inmate number or something? any info would be appreciated as I said I've never done this before. :(

GP-for-Life
07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
So this is the first time I've ever written to a jail and was wondering how I guess, If I just write
Name

541 Hwy 36
Box 4500
Lindsay ON
K9V 6H2
It will go through to him? or do I need an inmate number or something? any info would be appreciated as I said I've never done this before. :(

yeah just his name and the address of the institution

Mishy123
07-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi everyone. Does anyone know anyone in #8 Pod? I need to get my new number o a friend. I have mailing letters..they keep getting returned. I dont now what I'm doing wrong. Anyways if someone is in phone contact with some in #8 pod in Lindsay pease leave your email addy and I would be willing to offer a drive up there if you need it. I was planning on gong this coming monday (July 19th, 2010) Thanks. (oh and sorry guys, I will only drive a woman)

ninjaprincess
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi everybody,
I was wondering, are we allowed to send them calling cards?

GP-for-Life
09-07-2010, 09:13 AM
no

frances80
09-08-2010, 10:48 PM
i am looking for a way to get to lindsay jail from scarborough so i cn go there this friday if anyone has any idea will be greatful coz i dnt drive and have tried to google buses going there but am nt getting any info.please help thnks..

5k1nnie
09-10-2010, 12:46 AM
bus to peterborough from scarborough town center and take a taxi from there. peterborough is the closest point u can get to with a bus

Xbaby20
11-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Ive come across your post and i know its been a while not to sure if your boyfriend is still there, but im in the same predicament as you...i need help getting there to see my boyfriend is there any way??????

cweaver
12-18-2010, 11:09 PM
this is an old thread but get the bus to oshawa terminal from scarborough town n transfer to lindsay bus..i bellieve they only got two times they do tht run..i used to take that bus yrs ago..all vistits are behind glass..not sure of the hrs anymore but its a walk in basis..

FreeRukz37
01-12-2011, 07:22 PM
my boyfriend recently got to Lindsay , hes so far served amonth but doesnt have a sentence yet , i am trying to see him this weekend or maybe sometime next week . if anyone is driving up there at all please let me know , hes been down so much lately becaue its hard fo me to get there and a lot of his friends have been flopping on him. but if ANYONE is car-pooling or going on friday please let me know .

irishroots
01-13-2011, 07:57 AM
nah he got transferred to kingston pen. thanks tho

Hello Wifey41,

I see your guy is or was at KP is he still there, mine was about 3 years ago and is now in Quebec, just wondering did you guys ever get approved for PFV's we have been trying for some time now and he is in a max in Quebec as well and wondering if you are having the same problem and any advise would be greatly appreicated as I know of another lady who is also trying to get PFV's and her guy is now at KP.

Thank you
A:)

Theeeika
01-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey, i was wondering if anyones driving to lindsay- from toronto- anytime this week/nxt.. :'( or can anyone please..PLEASE tell me a way to get there by bus..

Thank you <3

smilinirisheyez
01-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know anyone serving weekends @ Lindsay and could possibly give a lift to fellow "weekender"? Or is anyone going up for a visit on Friday, that I may be able to hitch a lift with? I'll pay for gas. Thx! : )

myclone
04-21-2011, 05:28 AM
I had my own thread & got no reples so I thought I would ask here. thank you.
Please can anyone offer any new information on CECC. My husband has been in since Friday April 15./2011.I am not allowed to contact him since I was "the victim". I do not want this to be happening. I want it to all go away. I cannot get any info or any help from anyone, not even his lawyer can tell me anything. I am struggling to get answers & i am just sooo upset. I heard that they were on lockdown right now & that scares me too...this has never happened to him before, yes he has been in trouble but never in prison. I am freaking out & just need answers. Please can anyone help me..thank you

Jeremy4ever
05-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Hey, my hubby got transfered to cecc a cpl wks ago awaiting sentencing. He is in 4pod and have a buddy in 8, i can try to help find your hubby.

Jeremy4ever
05-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey, my hubby got transfered to cecc a cpl wks ago awaiting sentencing. He is in 4pod and have a buddy in 8, i can try to help find your hubby.

Angelcz
05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I've also been trying to find a route from Toronto to the jail, but I'm confused.There must be a greyhound bus or something, or do I have to go to Oshawa, and then take a different bus to Lindsay? Help

justbeme
06-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Hello Everyone I'm new here and have a few questions.

But first let me say that I'm heading to Lindsay from Whitby, I just have not firmed up the day yet, anyone willing to split on gas I have no issue giving a ride too.

During the postal strike can we fax our letters or no??

Thanks.

Theeeika
06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I dont know if this would help anyone but.. theres a bus that leaves from scarborough/toronto once a day to lindsay..you get dropped off at the lindsay inn.. the bus service is called CanAr - if you want to call to find out more info the number is (from toronto) - 905 738 2290 or its 1800 387 7097.. I really hope this post would help someone .... to see their loved one ♥

Heliba
08-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know if inmates at CECC have access to CorrLinks?

namelessone
08-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know if inmates at CECC have access to CorrLinks?

No they dont. We only got phone access for collect calls.

nahin
09-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Hello Folks,
I am headed to a provincial jail in Ontario for a white collar crime. Can anyone please help me in letting me know about the life in there. Is it safe or not. How many hours can spned outside of their cell. Are there any jobs. How does the parole system work. How is the food. How many people in one range etc. I would appreciate any info and help.

Whitbydad
09-03-2011, 05:40 PM
If its a super jail like in Lindsay there are 16 cells per range 32 inmates. Cell times are 8pm to 9am. Out from 9-11. Cell 11-1pm. Out from 1-4. Cell from 4-6 out from 6-8pm. All meals in are in the cell. TV in the range basic cable. Jobs are available. They are earned and not a right. Mind your business and be respectful and you should have no serious issues. Lindsay runs a tight ship. There are visits allowed behind glass. Collect calls only. Each range has 3 phones. You can buy food and treats. You need to have money deposited into your account. Everyone in provincial jail is eligable for full parol after serving 2/3 of sentence. Earlier is possible depends on the circumstances. As for the food quality its edible. You can have certain magazine suscriptions and such sent directly to you. Like I said, be respectful and you will be fine.

nahin
09-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks. I thought the full parole is at 1/3rd and statutory release at 2/3rd. Correct me please if I am wrong. Are you allowed to go out to the yard everyday. Is there a gym that one can use.
Can you also provide any info on temporary absence passes. Thanks again.

nahin
09-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks. I thought the full parole is at 1/3rd and statutory release at 2/3rd. Correct me please if I am wrong. Are you allowed to go out to the yard everyday. Is there a gym that one can use.
Can you also provide any info on temporary absence passes. Thanks again.

also wanted to know if there is a library in there that you spend time in

Molly1
09-04-2011, 08:03 PM
If I recall correctly the "library" is a cart of books that is brought around.

Heliba
09-08-2011, 03:05 PM
also wanted to know if there is a library in there that you spend time in

I just spoke with my bf today, and apparently, he is in charge of the library books on his range. The official 'librarian' gives him a pile of books, and anyone on the range wanting to get a book or return a book, they do it through him. He keeps them all in his cell.
I don't know if this is how it works in all parts of CECC, or not! But that's how he is doing it anyway.
Hope this helps!

Ak905
11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Hello,

My son is being held there while awaiting bail hearing. I want to visit him and put some money into his account there so he can buy some cigarettes. Any advice on what to do / not do when visiting there?

Do we need to make an appt or just show up?

Please help, I'm really nervous and scared for him.

Thanks to all for your advice / help.

Molly1
11-17-2011, 09:34 PM
They can't smoke there so you can take him money but he won't be spending it on cigarettes.

Call and ask about the visiting hours. You don't have to make an appointment but they are at specific times of the day.

Niikkiibabii
11-21-2011, 12:13 PM
My man is there visitation he are 10-11 in the morning and 2-4 in the afternoon you have to sign in before 3:30 to be able to see your love on...you can put money in his canteen so he will be able to buy snack and hygiene products and etc...I think the money has to be in by mon or wed so he can receive his stuff on Sunday... Any other questions you can call the jail and get info...

angelannbaby
12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
hey i was wondering if u are still traveling up there still. i know this reply is 6 months later. but i am willing to split gas cost if u are still travelling up to lindsay. thanks

Hello Everyone I'm new here and have a few questions.

But first let me say that I'm heading to Lindsay from Whitby, I just have not firmed up the day yet, anyone willing to split on gas I have no issue giving a ride too.

During the postal strike can we fax our letters or no??

Thanks.

angelohulk
02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
will be serving weekends in lindsay. does anyone know how to get there from Whitby and what time are you released on Monday and how to get back home from there

worldlygirl
02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the site but my brother's been in Lindsay for over 10 months now and thought I could share a few tidbits of info on the place I get from him for anybody who wants to know about what its like in there. The "meals" they serve are pretty much just like tv dinners and they eat in their cells. Not much fresh food. They have basic cable in the common area, they do have board games and cards to play but as my brother says, you get tired of them pretty quick. They've apparently done away with morning visiting hours and only have afternoon visits now from 2-4. You're only allowed two visits a week (dont hold me to that though, I haven't heard it straight from him) that are 20 minutes each and they're pretty strict on the time limit. You do have the option of doubling up your visit if you want more time (you'll get 40 instead of 20) but then you wont be allowed anymore visits that week. There are no visits on Sunday.

Depending on which guard is there when you go in and go through the scanner, the process if fairly straightforward and if you're respectful of the guards and dont give them a hard time if they ask you anything, you should be fine. I've not had a problem with any guard yet. They can be a bit crusty in there (they do work in a jail afterall) and some are not the friendliest but its all a matter of respect and not giving anybody an attitude.

Because the guards check mail so thoroughly, the inmates do get whatever is sent to them but it might not be every day. As far as what you can send, you're pretty much limited to letters, cards, a few pictures (I try not to send more than 4 or 5 at a time) and whatever you can print off the computer. I like to go on Google and search for printable word searches and puzzles and send them to him, just to keep his brain active.

And they are VERY strict about what the inmates receive - I found a small laminated name card that I sent him and they sent it back. So no plastic whatsoever, no jewlery (even small pendants) and no gifts. As far as books and magazines, you can't send them yourself but you can try to send through an online company (Chapters, Amazon) - I've not tried it myself but you could try.

They do have magazines they can buy from the canteen but they have limited choices. As far as the canteen goes, they get a list of 60 items they can choose from to buy and they're broken into categories - hygiene, snacks, reading materials, etc. But they can only buy $60 worth a week. The snacks are ridiculously expensive though - they were able to buy Vector bars (like energy bars) but they were $5 each and the inmates complained they couldn't afford them so they got rid of them.

There are jobs offered in the jail (my brother was able to get a cleaning job which allows him to be out of his cell pretty much all day and he said it keeps him busy which is what he likes most) but inmates only earn them by good behaviour and dont cause any hassle with the guards or other inmates.

There is no smoking allowed so if your loved one goes in and he smokes, he's gonna have a hard time going cold turkey. And they're only allowed 20 minutes outside every day. I'm not sure of the exact times of the day they're allowed out of their cell but they have to back in at 8pm, whether or not thats "lights out" I'm not sure but its mandatory they're back in their cell at 8pm.

As far as travelling to and from the jail, there is no bus service from Peterborough to Lindsay anymore and a cab fare would cost you about $80 one way so you really have to decide if its worth the visit or not.

The standard phone call is only about 3 minutes but if you can accept collect calls from your loved one, max time you're allowed on the phone is 20 minutes and you're only allowed one call a day. And no, you can't send inmates long distance calling cards. So if you can't accept collect calls, you're pretty much up shits creek. Unless you can find someone willing to do a three way call.

Also, the infirmirary there is a joke and they wont help you with anything unless its absolutely necessary. So if you have any aches or pains or infections, unless its life threatening, the most you'll get is a Motrin for the pain. They're not big on taking care of inmates physical or psychological needs in there. So if your loved one ends up sick in there or hurt, good luck to him!

Anyway. Thats about all I know about Lindsay. Anything else I can help with, I'll do my best :)

Also, there are no "contact" visits in the jail, meaning the only means of communication with your loved one when you go see him, is through a two inch thick bullet proof glass and a phone. So there are no hugs or kisses when you go see him - sad but thats how they run it. And unless you're actually talking on the phone to your loved one, whoever is with you wont be able to hear him because its a sound proof glass. So if you bring anybody with you, you'll have to take turns talking to him.

Also, bringing babies and children into the jail is frowned upon but I have seen people with children go in so its really up to you whether to bring your child to see the inmate.

Heliba
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the site but my brother's been in Lindsay for over 10 months now and thought I could share a few tidbits of info on the place I get from him for anybody who wants to know about what its like in there. The "meals" they serve are pretty much just like tv dinners and they eat in their cells. Not much fresh food. They have basic cable in the common area, they do have board games and cards to play but as my brother says, you get tired of them pretty quick. They've apparently done away with morning visiting hours and only have afternoon visits now from 2-4. You're only allowed two visits a week (dont hold me to that though, I haven't heard it straight from him) that are 20 minutes each and they're pretty strict on the time limit. You do have the option of doubling up your visit if you want more time (you'll get 40 instead of 20) but then you wont be allowed anymore visits that week. There are no visits on Sunday.

Depending on which guard is there when you go in and go through the scanner, the process if fairly straightforward and if you're respectful of the guards and dont give them a hard time if they ask you anything, you should be fine. I've not had a problem with any guard yet. They can be a bit crusty in there (they do work in a jail afterall) and some are not the friendliest but its all a matter of respect and not giving anybody an attitude.

Because the guards check mail so thoroughly, the inmates do get whatever is sent to them but it might not be every day. As far as what you can send, you're pretty much limited to letters, cards, a few pictures (I try not to send more than 4 or 5 at a time) and whatever you can print off the computer. I like to go on Google and search for printable word searches and puzzles and send them to him, just to keep his brain active.

And they are VERY strict about what the inmates receive - I found a small laminated name card that I sent him and they sent it back. So no plastic whatsoever, no jewlery (even small pendants) and no gifts. As far as books and magazines, you can't send them yourself but you can try to send through an online company (Chapters, Amazon) - I've not tried it myself but you could try.

They do have magazines they can buy from the canteen but they have limited choices. As far as the canteen goes, they get a list of 60 items they can choose from to buy and they're broken into categories - hygiene, snacks, reading materials, etc. But they can only buy $60 worth a week. The snacks are ridiculously expensive though - they were able to buy Vector bars (like energy bars) but they were $5 each and the inmates complained they couldn't afford them so they got rid of them.

There are jobs offered in the jail (my brother was able to get a cleaning job which allows him to be out of his cell pretty much all day and he said it keeps him busy which is what he likes most) but inmates only earn them by good behaviour and dont cause any hassle with the guards or other inmates.

There is no smoking allowed so if your loved one goes in and he smokes, he's gonna have a hard time going cold turkey. And they're only allowed 20 minutes outside every day. I'm not sure of the exact times of the day they're allowed out of their cell but they have to back in at 8pm, whether or not thats "lights out" I'm not sure but its mandatory they're back in their cell at 8pm.

As far as travelling to and from the jail, there is no bus service from Peterborough to Lindsay anymore and a cab fare would cost you about $80 one way so you really have to decide if its worth the visit or not.

The standard phone call is only about 3 minutes but if you can accept collect calls from your loved one, max time you're allowed on the phone is 20 minutes and you're only allowed one call a day. And no, you can't send inmates long distance calling cards. So if you can't accept collect calls, you're pretty much up shits creek. Unless you can find someone willing to do a three way call.

Also, the infirmirary there is a joke and they wont help you with anything unless its absolutely necessary. So if you have any aches or pains or infections, unless its life threatening, the most you'll get is a Motrin for the pain. They're not big on taking care of inmates physical or psychological needs in there. So if your loved one ends up sick in there or hurt, good luck to him!

Anyway. Thats about all I know about Lindsay. Anything else I can help with, I'll do my best :)

Also, there are no "contact" visits in the jail, meaning the only means of communication with your loved one when you go see him, is through a two inch thick bullet proof glass and a phone. So there are no hugs or kisses when you go see him - sad but thats how they run it. And unless you're actually talking on the phone to your loved one, whoever is with you wont be able to hear him because its a sound proof glass. So if you bring anybody with you, you'll have to take turns talking to him.

Also, bringing babies and children into the jail is frowned upon but I have seen people with children go in so its really up to you whether to bring your child to see the inmate.

Thanks worldlygirl! That's a lot of info.
I do have to correct one small thing though, because my guy was there for quite a while too. There is no limit to how many phonecalls they can make per day. As long as they are out on the range, and the phones are availalble, they can call. My guy used to call me multiple times a day. And sometimes two or three 20 minute calls back to back when the phones were not busy.
You are so right about the healthcare....they don't give a s**t about you unless you are dying! And even then...you would probably have to PROVE to them that you are dying! It's terrible!
Hope your brother gets out soon!

worldlygirl
03-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Yes, I'm sorry I do recall they are able to call more than once a day. I remember at Christmas, since we couldn't get up to see him over the holidays, one of the guards allowed him to call from his office as many times as he wanted on Christmas Day. If you get in good with a few of the guards, they'll give you perks.

I also forgot to mention that unless you have service with Bell, you wont be able to accept collect calls. I'm hooked up with Cogeco and for some reason, they wont accept collect calls which has made talking to him very difficult on a daily basis.

Also, as I just remembered what I said about having 20 minutes outside every day, thats a lie cause I was just up to see him last week and I asked about that and he said they go days on end without going outside so even though its mandatory they get 20 minutes a day outside, they dont and he said it sucks cause all they're breathing in there is recycled air.

There's also no one on one ministerial counselling. My brother said they do offer church groups but as far as being one on one with a minister, they dont.

Heliba
03-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, I'm sorry I do recall they are able to call more than once a day. I remember at Christmas, since we couldn't get up to see him over the holidays, one of the guards allowed him to call from his office as many times as he wanted on Christmas Day. If you get in good with a few of the guards, they'll give you perks.

I also forgot to mention that unless you have service with Bell, you wont be able to accept collect calls. I'm hooked up with Cogeco and for some reason, they wont accept collect calls which has made talking to him very difficult on a daily basis.

Also, as I just remembered what I said about having 20 minutes outside every day, thats a lie cause I was just up to see him last week and I asked about that and he said they go days on end without going outside so even though its mandatory they get 20 minutes a day outside, they dont and he said it sucks cause all they're breathing in there is recycled air.

There's also no one on one ministerial counselling. My brother said they do offer church groups but as far as being one on one with a minister, they dont.

Hi worldlygirl! If you are having trouble getting collect calls from him, you should see about getting a Trappcall number. That's what I use, and the collect calls can go to either your home number or your cell phone.
Check out their website www.trappcall.com (http://www.trappcall.com) and you can see what they're all about. I love them!!

crazytrain
05-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Can any one help me get a msg to my bf. He is CECC in Lindsay, he is in pod 8. I've set up a TRAPPCALL #, and I'm trying to get it to him. Thanks

Jeremy4ever
05-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Can any one help me get a msg to my bf. He is CECC in Lindsay, he is in pod 8. I've set up a TRAPPCALL #, and I'm trying to get it to him. Thanks

hey im thinking of setting up with trappcall, how did u get it set up ? did u set it up on your cell ? how long did it take from the time you called till it was running ? did it cost anything to hook it up ? and do you just put extra time on your cell to pay for it ? do you keep the number you had ?
My hubby has been in Federal and yesterday morning he called me and said
they woke him up and told him to pack :/ we are pretty sure they were sending him to provincial to try and get him to be a witness, which is a waste of time and money... but unless I have this service on my cell I wont be able to talk to him and vise versa :/

any info would be greatly appreciated

Heliba
05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
hey im thinking of setting up with trappcall, how did u get it set up ? did u set it up on your cell ? how long did it take from the time you called till it was running ? did it cost anything to hook it up ? and do you just put extra time on your cell to pay for it ? do you keep the number you had ?
My hubby has been in Federal and yesterday morning he called me and said
they woke him up and told him to pack :/ we are pretty sure they were sending him to provincial to try and get him to be a witness, which is a waste of time and money... but unless I have this service on my cell I wont be able to talk to him and vise versa :/

any info would be greatly appreciated

Hi jeremy4ever!
Once you set up your Trappcall account, it is active within minutes. You can have it go to your cell, but you don't need to change your number. Trappcall will give you a phone number and that number gets automatically routed to your cell phone. So, if your hubby is still in federal, he will need to get the new Trappcall number approved...which is the part that will take time!
I don't know what kind of cell phone plan you have, but for mine I added 'unlimited incoming calls' to my plan, so that I wasn't paying so much extra for all the extra minutes.
I think it costs $25 to set up the Trappcall account, and then after that, you can put however much you want into your pre-paid account, and you can top it up whenever you want/need to.
Give them a call, though...they sre SUPER helpful and they will be able to answer your questions. (and they are very familiar with all of the prisons and how it all works!)
Good luck, and I hope you can speak to your hubby soon!

Jeremy4ever
05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi jeremy4ever!
Once you set up your Trappcall account, it is active within minutes. You can have it go to your cell, but you don't need to change your number. Trappcall will give you a phone number and that number gets automatically routed to your cell phone. So, if your hubby is still in federal, he will need to get the new Trappcall number approved...which is the part that will take time!
I don't know what kind of cell phone plan you have, but for mine I added 'unlimited incoming calls' to my plan, so that I wasn't paying so much extra for all the extra minutes.
I think it costs $25 to set up the Trappcall account, and then after that, you can put however much you want into your pre-paid account, and you can top it up whenever you want/need to.
Give them a call, though...they sre SUPER helpful and they will be able to answer your questions. (and they are very familiar with all of the prisons and how it all works!)
Good luck, and I hope you can speak to your hubby soon!

Thanks sooo much for your quick and helpful reply :) I currently have unlimited incoming calls, aswell as a local number for him to call, and not only because im lucky enough to be right around the corner when hes in his pother institute :) Im gonna give it a shot and call Trappcall so we dont lose contact while hes in provincial :) thanks again :)

Heliba
05-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks sooo much for your quick and helpful reply :) I currently have unlimited incoming calls, aswell as a local number for him to call, and not only because im lucky enough to be right around the corner when hes in his pother institute :) Im gonna give it a shot and call Trappcall so we dont lose contact while hes in provincial :) thanks again :)

No problem! :) That's what we're here for! LOL!
I hope you can get it all worked out soon!

Kamika67
05-11-2012, 12:45 AM

I've been having problems with trappcall. The number i was given does not work all the time which is important because we try to talk to each other as much as we can and it sucks when the number randomly doesn't for an hour. I talk to her about 10 or so calls a day at 20 min a call and I just noticed I burned through $100 in 2 days! I'm thinking about switching to insidephone or relink. Would probably be better if you talk to your loved one as frequently as I do.

Heliba
05-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I've been having problems with trappcall. The number i was given does not work all the time which is important because we try to talk to each other as much as we can and it sucks when the number randomly doesn't for an hour. I talk to her about 10 or so calls a day at 20 min a call and I just noticed I burned through $100 in 2 days! I'm thinking about switching to insidephone or relink. Would probably be better if you talk to your loved one as frequently as I do.

That's very strange! I have been using Trappcall for 10 months, and never had an issue.
But that's awesome that you get to talk to your loved one that much! :)

Kamika67
05-11-2012, 10:03 AM
That's very strange! I have been using Trappcall for 10 months, and never had an issue.
But that's awesome that you get to talk to your loved one that much! :)

I changed to insidephone for more savings because of the high amount of calls I make and the sound quality is better too. I could barely hear using trappcall.

xianarose
05-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm in Peterborough and my mans in the Lindsay jail currently. This is my first experience with this, and I'd really love some other women to talk to who've been through this, feeling alone a lot lately, trying to keep on with life. If anyone would care to chat, I'd be really grateful :)

JanalynD
05-14-2012, 09:31 PM

If you write the number in a letter he'll have it.

JanalynD
05-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm in Peterborough and my mans in the Lindsay jail currently. This is my first experience with this, and I'd really love some other women to talk to who've been through this, feeling alone a lot lately, trying to keep on with life. If anyone would care to chat, I'd be really grateful :)

Hi there,
My bf is currently in CECC as well and I've also never been thru anything like this. I live in Oshawa and have not been to visit him yet. Have you been there yet?
I never thought Id be alone again and now being forced to do so is difficult. I miss him every minute. He hasnt been for sentencing yet so i dont know how long he'll be there. :(

xianarose
05-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I've been to visit once and I'm going again this weekend. It's intense there, it's a maximum security place so you see them through thick bullet proof glass and talk through a phone. My man is waiting for sentencing too, that's the worst, just waiting and not knowing.

JanalynD
05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Agreed. What pod is your bf on? Mine is on one last i heard.

When you visited him, how many peices of ID did you show? Did they scan your ID?

Thanks...

P'sWoman
05-15-2012, 09:39 PM

Hi!

We are all here for you. That's one this site and forum is about - to support and share with each other. M hubby is not a Lindsay but in the federal pen, but the experience of separation and even isolation is the same. Feel free to pm me if you prefer but you will find almost everyone here more than helpful.

xianarose
05-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks ladies :-) He's on pod 4. When I went all I needed was my drivers license, but they take a health card too. You have to leave everything in a locker, keys purse etc, I lock everything in my car.

xianarose
05-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Agreed. What pod is your bf on? Mine is on one last i heard.

When you visited him, how many peices of ID did you show? Did they scan your ID?

Thanks...

They didn't scan it but typed me in the computer.

Jandri
06-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Not too sure what to say.. just signed up on here. my boyfriend was put in lindsay today, been the worst day of my life, not being able to cope with it at all :( if anyone has any information about lindsay jail would be greatly appreciated.. thank you

Heliba
06-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Not too sure what to say.. just signed up on here. my boyfriend was put in lindsay today, been the worst day of my life, not being able to cope with it at all :( if anyone has any information about lindsay jail would be greatly appreciated.. thank you

Welcome to PTO, Jandri!
Definitely, the first little while is the hardest to cope with, but it does get better. It will be a major roller coaster of good days and bad days.
My bf was at CECC for quite a while last year, so you can PM me if you have any questions and I can try to help as best I can.

Take care! :)

xianarose
06-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Hey Jandri sorry to hear about your bf. Mine has been in Lindsay for 4 months now, and I live in Peterborough. It's been a really rough couple.months. If you ever need anyone to chat with, I know exactly what you're going through and so do a lot of other women on this sure, so don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need to chat. We all need to band together to get through this alone, right? :(

KristinnPreston
07-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Hi, My BF is also in CECC. He has been since Feb.. It is really hard, our son, who is 3 doesn't know, and he has made up an imaginary reason why Daddy isn't here...I have so many question, and also need to vent. It must be so hard in there, and yet I am finding it so hard without him...there are things he has been rumoured to have done out here, and when I ask him about it he finds it very difficult because there is really nothing he can do while he is in. there...should I just wait for him? Or should I go searching on my own? Has anyone else had to deal with "once their in" the bull starts.? And what was the outcome? Should I believe that people( they are junkies) would actually make stuff up...? Or iin your expeiernce,its true? I am so confused, and feel like I am going nuts sometimes. Any insight at all would help me? Thanks for listening to my venting...

KristinnPreston
07-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Hi, My BF is also in CECC. He has been since Feb.. It is really hard, our son, who is 3 doesn't know, and he has made up an imaginary reason why Daddy isn't here...I have so many question, and also need to vent. It must be so hard in there, and yet I am finding it so hard without him...there are things he has been rumoured to have done out here, and when I ask him about it he finds it very difficult because there is really nothing he can do while he is in. there...should I just wait for him? Or should I go searching on my own? Has anyone else had to deal with "once their in" the bull starts.? And what was the outcome? Should I believe that people( they are junkies) would actually make stuff up...? Or iin your expeiernce,its true? I am so confused, and feel like I am going nuts sometimes. Any insight at all would help me? Thanks for listening to my venting...

Shar113
07-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi, My bf is also in CECC. He's been there since June 7th and they are trying to get 2 years (because he has a prior record). There is a no contact order so I know nothing about whats happening with him. I am due in October with his son and finding everything very hard. Everyone is telling me to forget about him but He's my life, He should have never been charged and shouldn't be still in there. I'm going crazy here everyday wondering if he's doing ok and I miss him so much. Is there anyway I can find out anything about him?

Shivy J
07-10-2012, 09:35 PM
i am looking for a way to get to lindsay jail from scarborough so i cn go there this friday if anyone has any idea will be greatful coz i dnt drive and have tried to google buses going there but am nt getting any info.please help thnks..

Yeah, unfortunately there are no buses that go all the way up to Lindsay. I'm in Scarborough as well and constantly depend on someone else to drive me there whenever they are willing to, I don't drive either. Car ride takes about 1 hour and 20 mins.

xianarose
08-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi, My bf is also in CECC. He's been there since June 7th and they are trying to get 2 years (because he has a prior record). There is a no contact order so I know nothing about whats happening with him. I am due in October with his son and finding everything very hard. Everyone is telling me to forget about him but He's my life, He should have never been charged and shouldn't be still in there. I'm going crazy here everyday wondering if he's doing ok and I miss him so much. Is there anyway I can find out anything about him?

My bf has been in there since April. Give me his name and pod and I can see what I can do, but my man is on 4 and only has contact with guys on the 4 pods. Don't ever listen to peoples bullshit, it's just bullshit. Jail shows you who loves to talk shit, and who's really there for you. It's been a hard 4 months already for us and our kids and a longer road ahead, but it's worth it. Because our love is worth it. If you want me to look him up for you or just to chat, message me :)

Amber-Rose
08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey everyone, I am new to this site, i just joined today. Everytime i would look up the jail that my boyfriend is in the prison talk website would be one of the first links to pop up, for a while there i would read everyones posts and it would make me feel like im not so alone, so I deided to join. My boyfriend is in CECC, he just recently got transfered there from OCDC (Jail in Ottawa)... He is currently serving 5 months, which means like 4 months for the 2/3 rule. I know this time that he is serving seems pretty short compare to most of you one here with husbands, boyfriends,fathers, brothers, and sons serving a year or more and I feel for you guys so much... I just feel so alone with this whole thing. Like no one understands how i feel.. some days are good, and other days i want to sream and give up, I can just imagine how he feels being in there.. I am looking to talk to some people so i dont feel so alone, I have no idea which pod he is in but i will find out.. He is eligible for parole anytime after the 22nd of august, but im not hopeful! He meets the criteria for someone who should get Parole, but who knows!, I know the chances of him getting Parole are 50/50 but honestly what is the Parole board like?

littleportugal
09-15-2012, 07:39 PM
my husband been there for only a week but feels like a life time be nice to chat with someone about it ma help ?:o

littleportugal
09-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone, I am new to this site, i just joined today. Everytime i would look up the jail that my boyfriend is in the prison talk website would be one of the first links to pop up, for a while there i would read everyones posts and it would make me feel like im not so alone, so I deided to join. My boyfriend is in CECC, he just recently got transfered there from OCDC (Jail in Ottawa)... He is currently serving 5 months, which means like 4 months for the 2/3 rule. I know this time that he is serving seems pretty short compare to most of you one here with husbands, boyfriends,fathers, brothers, and sons serving a year or more and I feel for you guys so much... I just feel so alone with this whole thing. Like no one understands how i feel.. some days are good, and other days i want to sream and give up, I can just imagine how he feels being in there.. I am looking to talk to some people so i dont feel so alone, I have no idea which pod he is in but i will find out.. He is eligible for parole anytime after the 22nd of august, but im not hopeful! He meets the criteria for someone who should get Parole, but who knows!, I know the chances of him getting Parole are 50/50 but honestly what is the Parole board like?

hi i would loe to chat with you we are in same situation with our hubbys :)

littleportugal
09-16-2012, 08:35 AM
thank u for so much information...trapcall wont except my number or carrier how is insidephone ?? please let me know

Heliba
09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
thank u for so much information...trapcall wont except my number or carrier how is insidephone ?? please let me know

Why won't Trappcall accept your number? That seems weird to me.
Trappcall saved me a tonne of money while my bf was at CECC!!

Zippymd
09-18-2012, 04:27 PM
I use inside phone and save tons of money each month. $90 a month with $1.50 a call unlimited. It's great
My husband is being transferred to CECC within 2 weeks. Can anyone please tell me what the visits are like? Can I call and book a visit or they are based on first come first serve bases? How long is each visit? My husband is currently at CNCC, so moving futher away is saddening, but only 3 months left. I'm trying to stay positive. Thanks in advance!

HisNDNgirl
09-19-2012, 02:08 AM
I use inside phone and save tons of money each month. $90 a month with $1.50 a call unlimited. It's great
My husband is being transferred to CECC within 2 weeks. Can anyone please tell me what the visits are like? Can I call and book a visit or they are based on first come first serve bases? How long is each visit? My husband is currently at CNCC, so moving futher away is saddening, but only 3 months left. I'm trying to stay positive. Thanks in advance!

According to the John Howard society website, they say you don't need to book ahead (so first come first serve) and that the visits are 30 min, 2 allowed per week. You say that will be further away for you, if you phone ahead maybe you will be allowed to book a double....worth asking anyway.

Zippymd
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your help. What's the visiting hours? M-F and week ends?

HisNDNgirl
09-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Visiting hours for provincial (including cecc) And federal

http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/english/corr_serv/adult_off/facilities/corr_centres/corr_centres.html

And As for your specific question here's the visit times for cecc. Now you will need to call and find your Man's time slot. Just phone their number. When I did I said who I was and that I wanted to know what days and times I could visit by bf and what his name was. Or if you have talked to him on the phone he may know his time slot or he can tell you where he is located.

Central East Correctional Centre
541 Hwy 36, Box 4500 Lindsay, ON K9V 6H2
Tel.: 705-328-6000
Fax.: 705-328-6011
Capacity: 1,184
Visiting Hours:
General Population
POD 1 - Units A, B, C, D, E, F
Monday to Saturday
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
POD 4 – Units A, B, C, D, E, F
Monday to Saturday
POD 5 – Units A, B, C, D
Monday to Saturday
Females:
POD 9 - Units A, B, C
Monday to Friday
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
POD 8 - HCU 8
Monday to Friday
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
Protective Population
POD 2 -Units C, D, E, F Remanded
POD 6 - Units A, B Remanded
Unit D – Sentenced
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
POD 5 - Units E, F – Sentenced (Workers)
Monday to Saturday
POD 6 -Unit C – Super Protective
Segregation/Hospital
POD 2 - Units A Segregation General
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
POD 2 -Unit B – Segregation Protective
POD 8 - Unit A, B

littleportugal
09-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Why won't Trappcall accept your number? That seems weird to me.
Trappcall saved me a tonne of money while my bf was at CECC!!

they said my phone carrier//got a bell phone hooked up so im hoping to get it for my home phone atleast !

namelessone
09-26-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm going to give you all some info that is extremely important inside CECC.

When I was there I learned that trading is everything. Most people in there dont have any money (Your husband has a bank account in the jail) so those that do have money are very powerful. Your husband can purchase a ton of things from candy bars to chips to lotions etc. The food in there is total crap. Some days I wouldnt eat at all because the food tasted so bad I couldnt swallow it. So if your husband has money in his account he can buy snacks etc to keep his nourishment up. He can also trade these snacks for things such as cigs (or pot or whatever he wants). If he becomes the man that can buy the junk food and trade some of it he becomes popular and less likely to get jumped. I got jumped on my first day there because of my tattoos.

Trust me, do whatever you can to keep money in his jail bank account.