View Full Version : FSL Elkton in Lisbon,Ohio

Craig's Wife
11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new and I would like 2 know if anyone has any info about fsl Elkton in Lisbon,Ohio. Like visiting hours,inexpensive hotels,etc. Anything u can share will b greatly appreciated.

mbeth
11-27-2006, 09:56 PM
I have been a "regular" this year at Elkton. I live only an hour and a half from Lisbon, so I don't know much about the hotels. However, I did spend one morning having breakfast at the Lisbon Inn waiting for a heavy fog to lift. (They lock down when the fog is dense) It is about half a mile from the prison. There isn't anything else within twenty miles, as it is quite a rural area. The restaurant was nice.

Visiting on weekdays is from 5-9 Mon. Thurs. Fri.
Holidays and weekend hours are 8-3
No visitation on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Be forwarned: the CO's can be vey strict about dress code for female visitors. I have seen many women get turned away for clothing that was considered too revealing, low cut, or too tight - this includes jeans as well as tops. Never wear red, since that is the color of the jump suits the inmates wear in the visiting room. Many women forget to wear a bra without underwires, and they are sent to the ladies room to remove the wires. Random ion testing for narcotics also sends people home quite often. Read up on the ion test before you come. Some people on medications will test positive, and are not allowed to visit. Wear layered clothing, (ie. jacket, sweater) as the temperature is rarely comfortable. The air conditioning will be bitterly cold in the summer, and the room gets unbearably warm in the winter. I overheard a CO comment to another employee that they keep the temperature uncomfortable on purpose so people won't stay too long. I hoped he was joking, but my experience there leads me to believe he was simply stating a fact.

If you have any other specific questions, I will be happy to share what I have learned.

Craig's Wife
11-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Thank u so much mbeth! I REALLY appreciate your taking the time 2 respond.:)

sakcat
01-28-2007, 01:58 PM
There's a cheep hotel on Rt45 called The Hannah Klaire House -Country Inn- there number is 330-424-3413. It's about $45 a night

boflipflops36
01-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Also there is another one near it. I stayed there. Frola Motel--# 330-424-3590 Go past the Lisbon Inn going East you come to the first Red light pass the Carter LUMBER co on Left. Make a Left go that road Rt.44 about 1 mile or maybe a little over. It is across from the Dairy Queen. Also cheap.

sakcat
01-30-2007, 03:27 PM
FSL Elkton (not FCI Elkton) inmates wear green-ish jump suites. And they do not do ion test, even though they keep telling the guys they will be. And they will not let you go to the bathroom to fix anything, you have to go back to the car. The easiest thing to do is wear PJs. If you set off the metal detector you will not go in, and they're very sensitive sometimes. A button on your jeans could set it off. Good Luck! You will need it.

littlediamond
09-02-2008, 10:49 AM
My husband is at F.S.L. Elkton.. he has been there for about a 1 1/2 years. Does anyone know on how he would, or be able to request a trasfer back to Mi? For I dont get to see him often,because of the distance. I miss and love him so much.

PTO-97580
09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
There are no camps in Michigan. Milan is a low. He's actually about as close as he can get and stay in a camp

littlediamond
09-03-2008, 08:31 AM
He, is considered Low..so thats what we are hopeing for and praying for...is Milan. He was just put into Protective custody, for a gang was really harrassing him bad, So right now, I'm not sure if I can even see him. because I was planning on driving down there the 13th.. of this month for visitation. I haven't seen him since Memorial Day.and I'm missing him bad.. But thanks for the info..

PTO-97580
09-03-2008, 09:58 AM
If hes in PC then he is up the hill at the low. I spent 2 years at the low in Elkton. If hes in PC, he should be able to request a transfer to Milan. He will have to stay on them or they will just let him sit there.

littlediamond
09-03-2008, 09:32 PM
He is up the hill I think , really dont know.. I havent heard from him. since Sun.When he went to talk to the LT. He usually calls me 3 times a week.. but normally he is down the hill. But they may not let him use the ph. now in PC.. don't know..and of corse the mail is something else to be desired.. Thanks again. for your info.. i really apprecieat it..

boflipflops36
09-03-2008, 10:41 PM
My brother is up the hill. In the Low.
He was in the hole and could not call us for 35 days. I did not no there was really gangs there. In the Low? This is a shock to me.

PTO-97580
09-04-2008, 06:40 AM
There is gang activity in every Fed prison to some extent. The higher the security, the more profound it becomes.

boflipflops36
09-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I think it is not as bad as some prisons are. A lot of wanna-bs

crazycherry
09-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone im new here and heading to FSL Elkton on October Second. If anyone has any info on the difference between the FCI and the FSL I would love to hear it. Also is the RDAP program available there. Thanks

lovemybabe
09-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Hello Everyone...I am looking for information on FCI Elkton from someone that has been there, or can tell me in as much detail how this facility operates. My Fiancee is currently awaiting sentencing in VA. We are just researching places for his request. Any information on FCI Elkton. Thank you!

boflipflops36
09-20-2008, 01:11 AM
you can click own my screen name check my posting about Elkton and others who have information. Its not too good a place but as someone else said its doable.

mrsfigaroo
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Hello Everyone...I am looking for information on FCI Elkton from someone that has been there, or can tell me in as much detail how this facility operates. My Fiancee is currently awaiting sentencing in VA. We are just researching places for his request. Any information on FCI Elkton. Thank you!

Doesnt really matter what you request..bop does what they want. They dont care about how far you are or that you wont be able to travel 400 miles for your kids to see their father. They dont care what your problems are or what meds you are on. They will stick you wherever they have room..doesnt even matter what the judge says or what your lawyer says. This could just be their way of telling you that the felon belongs to them..the bop..and you cannot do or say anything about it..get used to it. We live in Chicago..we requested wisconsin or indiana..and judge agreed and added that they must also have a mental health facility...we got Elkton. All you can do is hope for the best..but expect the worst. They dont even care how you get there or if you can afford to get there. THEY DONT CARE. Gee..I am sounding a little bitter. Husband reported to Elkton 8-8-08. It is nothing at all what the judge recommended. Good Luck to you. I feel bad for what you are about to go through. I thought I was handling it well..but i learned it was a lot more heart wrenching than I thought. Honestly good luck,,I really mean that.

boflipflops36
09-22-2008, 12:43 PM
You usually never get where the judge recomends or your lawyer ask for. My brother got almost 700 miles instead of 150 miles in Ky where his lawyer ask for and judge recommended Its all handled in the Texas Region central locator point.
I hope he gets close to home Good Luck