View Full Version : Going out of state while on Probation or Parole, does he need permission?

ihatethis
12-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Does anyone know how if you have to obtain permission to go out of state when youre on parole or probation. The thing is, my boyfriend and I want to get married as soon as he gets out, which may be next year if he makes parole. If not, it will be 2008, but he will still be on probation for a long time even when he discharges. So what do you think we will have to do?

mlynnm
12-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Sorry that no one has responded to your question yet. If you get the answer before someone responds could you please share with us? Just in case someone has the same question in the furure. Thanks!

Sabana
12-10-2006, 06:59 AM
I know here in Florida you need permission from your PO just to go out of county. So I don't know the rules there. I would imagine it would be the same.
Sorry I could not be much more help!! Good luck!! :)

ihatethis
12-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Thanks Sabana, I have a feeling youre probably right. And mlynnm, no I havent gotten a definite answer yet, so hopefully someone here will know.

onry
12-10-2006, 12:36 PM
yes he will have to obtain permission to go out of state from his parole officer and they are very picky as to the reasons why they allow them to leave the state. check under the DOC site for probation and parole you will find some information there.

MommaHen
12-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I know that when I was om probation several years ago I had to get permission from my PO to go our of state you have to let them kno wwhere you are going and when you will be back and mine also required a phone call when you got there with a number they could reach me at.

ihatethis
12-11-2006, 09:28 PM
We just wanna go to Vegas to get married, we wont be gone long, but do you think the process of getting permission will take awhile?

MommaHen
12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
It didnt take mine long but try to give them a week or two to get it done. That shouldnt be a big problem.

CASEY'S BABYGIR
12-17-2006, 10:49 PM
HE WILL HAVE TO REQUEST A TRAVEL PERMIT FROM HIS PO BEFORE HE CAN TRAVEL OUT OF STATE DON'T MAKE ANY RESERVATIONS OR DEFINITE PLANS UNTIL HE GETS IT APPROVED FIRST

ihatethis
12-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks!

lilithinwaiting
10-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeppers, he sure does.. While in IL. my husband was out on parole 2 weeks and left state to visit his mom in Indiana, he was in violation and a warrant was placed on him but he never returned to IL , which had alot to do with that .

nanalisa
01-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know how if you have to obtain permission to go out of state when youre on parole or probation. The thing is, my boyfriend and I want to get married as soon as he gets out, which may be next year if he makes parole. If not, it will be 2008, but he will still be on probation for a long time even when he discharges. So what do you think we will have to do?Yes he/she (anyone) suppose to get permisson.

tonysgirl13
02-14-2008, 10:50 AM
my bf left the state to come see me...and he got caught, so he's back in prison. i definently wouldn't suggest trying to "sneak" out of the state. but depending on why he is on parole...he might be able to get permission.