View Full Version : What can you send inmates?

HockeyAngel
09-03-2003, 04:33 PM
What can you or can't you mail inmates? My friend is in Fremont Correctional Facility and what to send him some stuff. Is there a website with rules/regulations etc... for Fremont Correctional Facility. Thanks.

jessy
09-14-2003, 04:11 PM
only money, in the form of a money order from the us post office only, they have canteen and you cannot even send stamps

Jessesgirl
09-15-2003, 12:52 AM
I do know that most places will allow you to have a retail store mail things to your person as long as it is mailed from them and has a reciept included. (i.e. I just sent Jesse some running shoes from JC Penney Catalog. all I did was have the catalog desk mail it like they would a gift). The items have to be acceptable. No contraband obviously, but like Jessy said, the only thing YOU can send is a postal money order and letters. HTH..

Jamie

dreamtwobe1
09-15-2003, 11:33 PM
you can send regular mail. money orders and acceptable magazines from the companies. they will open and search them all. if you need more spacific info e mail me and i will be glad to help.

connie

Goo's Gal
10-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Do be careful what information you send in letters. I was trying to send news articles I had found on the net, and got dinged. You are not allowed to send ANY printed material from the internet. One way I got around this was to do a "cut and paste" from the article onto Notepad. I then took out any reference headings that stated where the article was obtained. At least they never sent me another nasty note about it!

Also, Barnes & Noble bookstores can send books to inmates. They even have a form for it. Watch out for some magazines though, because if they have CD's in them, the inmates won't get the magazine or anything. Better just to send books.

Phoenix
10-26-2003, 10:12 PM
I can only send mail nothing else not stamps no stickers nothing but a letter and money orders fromt he post office only

klubnika
04-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Can the letter be typed? Thank you.

24jf
04-07-2004, 08:11 AM
The letters I have been sending are typed and I have had no problems.

unalvlalandrina
05-26-2004, 03:53 AM
Hello everyone, I just found this place a little bit ago and i'm so happy I did!! My man is in theFCI in Florence and I live in Tennessee. I've not seen him in over 2 years, and I miss him terribly!! I've read some of the messages on here, and i felt better knowing I'm not alone in feeling this. The worst is that just before he got locked up we had an accident and I injured my back and haven't been able to work since then. He has no family at all in the US, just me, so no one to send him money-which means we have very limited contact :cry: Anyway, enough with the story, my actual question was, when you send a money order, do you make it out to them or c/o the FCI or what? If anyone has someone or knows anything about the FCI in Florence I would love to hear from them. Thanks!

EaglesFan
05-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi...

Sorry to hear about your situation. You send the money order to the inmate, with his name and # on it. If the number isn't there, they'll return it. Just put it in with a letter and mail it normally.

You might want to check out the Federal Prison forum here, and then introduce yourself in the TN forum also. You'll find lots of support here...good luck

Greg

Charlene
05-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Hello unalvlalandrina,
My son is also at FCI Florence.I know a little about their rules.So if you need any certain info just ask and I will try to help. As for the money being sent the others that responded here have told you correctly.
Take Care!
Charlene

KelliKoz
06-20-2004, 11:25 AM
My husband is also in FCI Florence. I'm not sure what type of information you need, but I'm happy to answer any specific questions.

Kelli

T&O
07-04-2006, 01:10 PM
I didn't know you could send running shoes! Does that still apply because I was told I could send him books from the distributor (with the receipt) ONLY.