View Full Version : Lindsey State Jail - Jacksboro - Texas State Jail

allybay
09-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Does anybody know anything about the Lindsey State Jail in Jacksboro? That is where my husband has now been moved to. The TDCJ website says it is a privately owned state jail run by Wackenhut.

eyez697
09-05-2003, 10:49 PM
some of my family lives there and my ex aunt works there. I've been meaning to find out some information on that prison for a while. There has just been lots going on. As soon as I find out I will make sure I tell you.

allybay
09-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Ok, thanks Amy. I would appreciate it. Fortunately he won't be there long, as he has a release date of Sept 17th. But I would still like to know anything you find out about it.

eyez697
09-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Wow, thats great! I see what I can do though.

Mary_in_TX
09-07-2003, 08:12 PM
OMG!! I have been waiting for someone around here to have their man there. My boyfriend is there and has been there since January. Visits are pretty relaxed, but it seems disorganized. PM me and we will see if they are near each other.

Rain Storm
09-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Hi, My husband was in that unit in 1999.
It is privatly owned. It was not a bad unit.
If you need anymore info please let me know and I will try tto help.

rain storm

97ssdroptop
02-07-2004, 08:50 PM
actually owned by cca now

Curtysgirl
03-30-2004, 10:07 PM
My husband is an inmate in Lindsey SJD. what i need to know is: what are the chances of parole not revoking him. He was sentenced to 3 years in prison with 10 months credited in county jail. his parole record was pulled on January 18, and viewed january 21. they still havent made a decision. Does anyone think they will just let him go, or revoke it and make him do the whole 3 years? he is in there for forgery. If you have any good advice or news, email me at removeing email address per pto policy (Curtysgirl@aol.com) thanks, ashley

key jo
03-31-2004, 06:52 AM
From what I know it is pretty laid back there. When my son used to visit his Grandpa there, Grandma always seemed to get his toys in for the visits. She always told me the guards were really nice. I never actually visited the unit so I just know what she told me.

Angeleyes87
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
My husband has 3 or 4 medical condition. They said they would send him for treatment and it's now been 6 months and hadn't done anything. They just put him on sleep pills. When I call they wouldn't give me any information. Is it possible to request early release? If it is how? I've been doing research on this issue and not getting much luck. He wrote a letter to his lawyer (court-appointed) and he didn't provide any feedback.

The first condition they were gonna send him for is he has a lump on his forehead, his private doctor said it is a head tumor, and they were gonna send him for an MRI and then for the surgery to have it removed. And then someone came in and said its just a cyst and gave him a pass to wear a hat to take pressure of it.

Another condtion he has in chronic bronchitis and they haven't said anything about that.

Angeleyes87
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
my husband says this jail is just a joke, like a day care center or something.

JK4Life
08-28-2009, 01:02 AM
This jail is really laid back. Thats the greatest thing about it, lol. (To me anyway) As far as Medical goes.... they aren't too smart in that dept. There is a number you can call that you can complain if you are concerned with their welfare. As far as early release goes. How much time does he have left? What county was he sentenced in?

Angeleyes87
08-28-2009, 12:41 PM
This jail is really laid back. Thats the greatest thing about it, lol. (To me anyway) As far as Medical goes.... they aren't too smart in that dept. There is a number you can call that you can complain if you are concerned with their welfare. As far as early release goes. How much time does he have left? What county was he sentenced in?

He's in for possession of controlled substance and his release date is april 25 2010.

what is the number to call and complain? i'm about to write a letter to the state board

JK4Life
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
I know its written outside of the waiting area. I'll see if I can find it sunday and post it for you.

JK4Life
08-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok, the number they have posted to "check on the care someone is receiving" is 877-834-1550

mommy290
05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
He's in for possession of controlled substance and his release date is april 25 2010.

what is the number to call and complain? i'm about to write a letter to the state board
how do i find out my husbands release date

Rickys Wife
06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
how do i find out my husbands release date

Go to the texas department of criminal justice website. go to offender information type his name in a wait it will finally either pull him up or a bunch of other people with the same last name.. advise for faster search last name and 1st initial.. it will tell you where he is his parole dates if any and his release date... if you need anything else pm me please. and i will get back to you as soon as i can.;)