View Full Version : Glen Helen

carrie3g
02-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Does anybody out there know about Glen Helen and the in-roads program?

MattsmominNY
02-24-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't know if it's the same place, but there used to be a Glen Helen in San Bernardino. It's near where the 215 and 15 freeways meet at the bottom of the Cajon Pass. I think it may be a county jail (San Bernardino County)

Hope this helps.

MattsmominNY
02-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I did a google search and came up with this information, it sounds like what you are looking for, I've copied part of what looks like some sort of minutes for a meeting:

SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY CHILDREN’S NETWORK
Policy Council Minutes
May 25, 2005

A Children’s Fund Board member is spearheading an inroads
program at the Glen Helen Rehabilitation Center. Inmates are sewing
quilts to be delivered to all children picked up by Child Protective
Services and for those children taken to CAC (Children’s Assessment
Center). The sewing machines were paid for through Welfare funds.
The Children’s Fund Bonne Mares group purchases the materials.
There will be a press conference next week at the Children’s
Assessment Center to announce the project.

BRATT_GURL
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
This is a link to S.B. County Sheriff's web page about Glen Helen. My husband hasn't done time there in years, and I've only done a few weekends there, so although I've heard of "Inroads", I don't know much about it.
Patti

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/detentions/GHRC.asp (http://http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/detentions/GHRC.asp)

Doveleur
12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
My boyfriend is going to Glen Helen, and I dont know what to expect for him. He is a 27 yr old white male... does anyone have any knowledge of what it is like there? Is it horrible? Not that bad? Anyone have any experience there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Melissa

bahamababe1
12-03-2011, 03:42 AM

I dont know what the in roads program is is but Glen Helen is a JOKE facility , at least it was when I was there about 17 yrs ago and their idea of rehab treatment is treating you mean and like shit. Be very careful if you go to that place. they will put you in what they call a "fishbowl" and anything can get you wrote up and then they will make you do your time all over again from the beginning just to get out if you get wrote up. . F---- that sh---.

bahamababe1
12-03-2011, 03:44 AM
my boyfriend is going to glen helen, and i dont know what to expect for him. He is a 27 yr old white male... Does anyone have any knowledge of what it is like there? Is it horrible? Not that bad? Anyone have any experience there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Melissa

glen helen sucks big time and the cops are mean as hell too. Its their joke idea of a rehab for all the partiers around there. Be very careful you can get wrote up real easy for nothing in that place.