View Full Version : ISF Locations in Texas

JLH
03-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Can anyone tell me the towns that the ISF's are located in? My husband may have to be sent there for a technical violation and I know there's one in Longview, Texas (or very near there), but I don't know the other locations. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

JLH

Kay
03-15-2007, 09:34 AM
JLH, I searched this morning and found there are 4 ISF Treatment Facilities in TX. They are located in Brownfield, Ft. Worth, Houston, and Longview TX. There is a total of 1,400 beds. Hope this helps! Good Luck! Katy

MBB
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, my boyfriend was at the ISF in Longview. It is listed as the
East Texas ISF. It was a nice facility, it is housed in with
the Gregg County Jail. There is one in West Texas, One south
go to the Texas Dept of criminal justice web site or Texas
dept of parole. It has a list of all the ISF facilities. When my
boyfriend found out from his PO where he would be going, he said
Longview was one of the better ones.

JLH
03-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks so much for the info!!! I really appreciate it. I was wondering how far I'd have to drive to visit him if his PO decides to lock him up!

JLH

CASEY'S BABYGIR
03-15-2007, 02:03 PM
It's The Parole Board That Makes The Decision If They Are Going TO Send Him To An Isf Unit Not The Po

MBB
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
It's scary when it happens. When my boyfriend was facing it Dec 05.
His PO talked to him, me and his dad at the county jail before he
was locked up. He explained to us that the board made the final
decision, but he did get to make a recomendation. ISF is 30-120
days. Most people get the 3 month sentence. B. was in county
from the second week of December and moved to East Texas ISF
the second week of January and was released February 27, 2006.
Good Luck maybe he can go close to your home.

ParoledIn98
04-19-2007, 06:10 AM
Here's a little more info on ISF... ISF time does not start until the Board stamps his/her paperwork. All the rest of the time spent in county jail does not count. The day the board decides to place them in ISF is day 1. ISF usually is 90 days if they have an approved residence to return to...if not, you can count on it being 6 months and a half-way house placement.

shymomof3boystx
02-16-2009, 08:19 AM
So everyone goes atleast 90 days? Why do they bother telling them 60-180 days?

MisinMyBro
02-23-2009, 08:50 PM
My brother just got moved to the one in Henderson, TX and said that he has 6 months there. I guess if I lived in Texas then perhaps he'd be out in 90 days?

Mark2008
03-10-2009, 03:40 AM
I was in the ISF in Houston. Stayed 78 days. A lot of guys in my class had 78 days, others had six months. No one could figure out why, as all of us had technical violations and our original offenses were waaaay different.

Back in the day (late 1990s) the one in Houston was run by CCA, a private,for profit company. They leased inmates --- yeah, just like leasing slaves --- from the state to make a buck. So every penny they saved was a penny in their pocket. As a result, the food was horrible and the portions were small (can feed 50 with what it would otherwise take to feed 25), medical care non-existent (an outside nurse came by once per day), commissary was expensive and the $9 per hour "guards" were on a power trip.

We sat in various classes most weekdays --- some were good, others not so much. Not much else to do. At least it was air-conditioned and they had phones. That was about the only good thing I could find about it.

shymomof3boystx
03-15-2009, 09:53 AM
My bf just got sent to Houston for 60 days. I went there yesterday. Here are some observations and advice. The guards there were fairly nice and helpful. I drove from Austin to see him after verifying with the warden I would be allowed to stay one hour because my driver's license proved I lived over 100 miles from the facility. There are only one adult and one child per visit. If two adults drive to see him, one gets 30 minutes and the other gets 30 minutes. Otherwise, he also confirmed that you can see them on Saturday and go back on Sunday. The parking is abundant. Be careful of Astro's game days..pay the fees to avoid towing. I saw him in less than 10 minutes after arriving. I believe visitation times are 8:30-10:30 then 12:30 to 4:00 on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, do not carry anything in except your keys. There are no lockers so you will have to go back to your car to leave everything. The entrance is in Preston Ave. Try to park there to get in the SW entrance. Make sure your name is on the list before you drive.
I hope this was helpful. There is barely anything on the internet about them. The warden says they are trying to get their page updated on the TDC website. Good luck!

shymomof3boystx
03-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Also, my bf's time did NOT start in county. So, unlike they told him, he spent 44 dead days there. When he got moved, we thought he had 27 days toward ISF. But, they started over. Can they not be consistent about anything?

Mark2008
03-21-2009, 01:34 PM
That is true. When one is sent to ISF, their parole is considered continued. So it is counted just as if they were on the street. No one seems to know why some persons get a longer stay than others, but that portion of the time is calculated from the day they arrive at the ISF.

Now, if after he gets out, he gets officially revoked and returned to TDCJ later on, he can petition to get credit for all his county and ISF time.

Hardheaded
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I am new to this I was wondering where they send women that get ISF in texas?

RobinsMan
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Only ISF listed as co-gender is East Texas ISF in Henderson.

BillM
05-02-2009, 12:52 PM
I am new to this I was wondering where they send women that get ISF in texas?

The only one listed is Henderson but talking to various parole people (TDCJ Staff and Parole Violators), sometimes women are sent to Jefferson County and also San Antonio. I know it does not match with what is on the TDCJ web site. Just passing on what I was told trying to get an answer to the same question myself.

My wife just got pulled Friday 5/1 from Harris County and is suppose to go to Henderson but she is not showing up on the TDCJ search yet.

mayela77r
05-02-2009, 03:58 PM
My husband is currently waiting on county jail. We just found out he is going to be sent to ISF. I have call all the 4 facilities here in TX, but can't give me accurate information. Does anyone know the approximate time they need to wait in county jail before the get sent to ISF? and ALso, Does anyone know what is the criteria for them to get out in 60, 90, 180 days? How can they get a chance to get released earlier? Thank you, I am just new about this and unfortunately there is not enough information about ISF online and if you call them, they give you inaccurate and wrong information or they are just mean to you.

GraysonMom
05-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Texas Forum. Here is a link to TDCJ's web site. I don't know if you have these ISF locations or not. Also, they normally try to move them from County in 45 days. I have read postings where they have stayed in County longer. I don't know a lot about ISF units but others will be along soon, to answer your questions. Hope this blessings as always. Oh, here's a link to the Henderson unit, it mostly has information on DWI programs, it's the second link.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/parole/parole-contract-monitoring-unit-facilities.htm

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329819

BillM
05-03-2009, 12:53 AM
My husband is currently waiting on county jail. We just found out he is going to be sent to ISF. I have call all the 4 facilities here in TX, but can't give me accurate information. Does anyone know the approximate time they need to wait in county jail before the get sent to ISF? and ALso, Does anyone know what is the criteria for them to get out in 60, 90, 180 days? How can they get a chance to get released earlier? Thank you, I am just new about this and unfortunately there is not enough information about ISF online and if you call them, they give you inaccurate and wrong information or they are just mean to you.

Hey Mayela;

My wife saw her parole officer on 3/22 in county, the parole board ruled on her case on 4/7 and she was transferred to the ETTF ISF on 5/1. I don't know how typical this time line is. I think they typically try to get people moved within 45 days.

Bill

malysa
05-20-2009, 11:27 PM
my boyfriend is in bexar county and is being sent to isf. we dont know which location just yet. but i wanted to know if anyone can tell me when his time started? is it when his paper work was stamped or is it his first day there? please help me out. does each location differ? i have so many questions. :(

BillM
05-26-2009, 12:10 AM
my boyfriend is in bexar county and is being sent to isf. we dont know which location just yet. but i wanted to know if anyone can tell me when his time started? is it when his paper work was stamped or is it his first day there? please help me out. does each location differ? i have so many questions. :(

His time starts when his paperwork is stamped. When he gets to the ISF facility they will tell him his stamp date. I think this is the same for any ISF facility.

Bill

Mark2008
06-09-2009, 03:25 AM
Please understand there is no connection between TDCJ and an ISF. ISFs are contracted by the parole division for totally different purposes. So nothing is going to show up on a TDCJ site.

An offender who is assigned to an ISF is considered to be still on parole. Thus he can be violated while at the ISF and officially returned to TDCJ. This possibility helps keeps many offenders in line.

An ISF will pick up an offender from a county jail when there is space available. It took less than 3 weeks for them to pick me up. But that may well be longer now with overcrowding.

No one in my "class" could figure out why some offenders got 78 days at the ISF and others got 180. But it seemed everyone was one or the other, but no real rhyme or reason: not type of sentence, not type of violation, not the number of violations, no real pattern that we could discern.

The clock starts on the day you arrive at the ISF. Because you are legally considered to be on parole, they are not required to rush things. So your total time (county jail + ISF) may differ from the person next to you.

If, after completing your ISF stay, you are later violated AGAIN and returned to TDCJ this time, you can petition to have all of your county time and ISF time credited toward your total sentence.

livetru9virtues
08-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Actually the inmate will show up on Texas offender search. TDC site. My husband is on there as listed in South ISF. He was on there about 3 days after he arrived there.

fancyrebel
08-11-2009, 05:05 PM
JLH, I searched this morning and found there are 4 ISF Treatment Facilities in TX. They are located in Brownfield, Ft. Worth, Houston, and Longview TX. There is a total of 1,400 beds. Hope this helps! Good Luck! Katy
There is also one in Henderson, Texas. My son is there:thumbsup:

juliej0122
12-25-2009, 06:54 PM
My son was removed from his halfway house back in late October following an investigation made when he reported some wrongdoing at the house. The probation board removed him and sent him to county jail to "await transport" to ISF where he would serve 90 days. This was on 10/27. We're still waiting, approaching 60 days now, and the probation board has told us it's now up to the state to decide when to move him. He is on probation--not parole--for a drug possession charge and is 22.

His halfway house has since closed down, and Representative Joe Barton's office is doing a deep investigation into the goings on of Ellis county probation and the halfway house that closed. No one will give us any info. This goes all over me that my kid has now missed this entire holiday season waiting for powers that be to make a decision. I could almost justify it if I felt he were getting some help from a program, but he's just waiting in county. And the waiting, as many will know, doesn't count as time served since he is awaiting transport.

Is 60 days or more a "typical" wait time? The probation director told us intitially that it would be 2-4 weeks maximum wait time. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

KKPgirl
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi, I am also new to this site, so please bare with me:(
My fiancee violated his probation for one failed UA (pot).His probation officer said he had a choice to go to ISF.He decided he would ,they spent about a month sighing papers and talking about what his time will be like there. She told him that he would be going to either the ISF in Longview or Burnet .He has been in county for about 12 days now , first question how long does it take to transfer them?Question #2 If his papers are already stamped for him to go to ISF does that mean that his time already started in county? #3 I have been reading on this site and it seems like almost everyone knows how long there loved ones are going to be in the facility ,but my fiancee nor his P.O know how long he will be in ISF.His P.O says it all depends on his attitude and "can do attitude" while hes there. She says he could be released as early as 45 days!! Is this just a bunch of bs? #4 If its not, do you think he would be let out earlier bc he has a place to go home after he gets out , great attitude , and bc it was just ONE failed drug test for not a hard drug??
Please help, I have no other way of getting information. Any little bit helps ladies!!

Thank you!

bcrispy
01-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Can anyone tell me the towns that the ISF's are located in? My husband may have to be sent there for a technical violation and I know there's one in Longview, Texas (or very near there), but I don't know the other locations. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

JLH
i do know that there is one in Henderson, texas. My son is also going to safe p and he has told me that there is one in Henderson that is isf on one side and safe p on the other. it is about 150 miles from the dallas / fort worth area. i had a time finding out places that safe p were also, but i know that there are 5 in texas, for safe p and where they are located, but that is about it. still dont know which one yet. still waiting. hope this helps.

bcrispy
01-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi, I am also new to this site, so please bare with me:(
My fiancee violated his probation for one failed UA (pot).His probation officer said he had a choice to go to ISF.He decided he would ,they spent about a month sighing papers and talking about what his time will be like there. She told him that he would be going to either the ISF in Longview or Burnet .He has been in county for about 12 days now , first question how long does it take to transfer them?Question #2 If his papers are already stamped for him to go to ISF does that mean that his time already started in county? #3 I have been reading on this site and it seems like almost everyone knows how long there loved ones are going to be in the facility ,but my fiancee nor his P.O know how long he will be in ISF.His P.O says it all depends on his attitude and "can do attitude" while hes there. She says he could be released as early as 45 days!! Is this just a bunch of bs? #4 If its not, do you think he would be let out earlier bc he has a place to go home after he gets out , great attitude , and bc it was just ONE failed drug test for not a hard drug??
Please help, I have no other way of getting information. Any little bit helps ladies!!

Thank you!
my son is waiting to be transfered also and told it would be 2 or 3 weeks. just about a week now. so, dont know if i will be on here later saying the same thing. as far as isf, my son also failed a ua for the same thing, he is going to safe p tho. as far as the isf, that program is 90 days. As far as where he will go, that depends on when a bed becomes available. again, was told that it used to be 2 or 3 months, but they have expanded and its alot quicker. his time does not start until he gets there because there are certain phases they have to go thru to advance to the next phase. i believe that 90 is the minimal. could be wrong, as far as him getting out early, in safe p if they have a place to go after they complete the program and have job, they are released to a family member or the place they will be staying. thats with safe p , with having that he does not have to go to the half way house. thats is what my sons attorney and po said. hope this helps, again new on here and i could be wrong on some, but have been on the internet looking up EVERYTHING i can concerning my son.

LovinMYman09
02-20-2011, 03:44 AM
What part of the tdcj website are y'all finding these facilities at

joe817
02-20-2011, 08:48 AM
What part of the tdcj website are y'all finding these facilities at

I think you'll find what you are looking for here:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/all.htm

LovinMYman09
03-22-2011, 04:43 PM
So I've looked and researched and haven't had much luck on my question.... Which ISF facility is in pampa TX. This is the location where my bf is being sent and I my friends bf is there already.... Am just not sure what the name of it is so I can look up on some info

jobezee1
03-22-2011, 04:49 PM
So I've looked and researched and haven't had much luck on my question.... Which ISF facility is in pampa TX. This is the location where my bf is being sent and I my friends bf is there already.... Am just not sure what the name of it is so I can look up on some info

I believe that would be the Baten Unit for ISF. It's co-located with the Jordan Unit. They are both run by TDCJ, they aren't private prisons or ISFs. I think Baten is the only ISF left that is NOT run by a private outfit. For that reason, a lot of guys who go to ISF hate going there because they have to cut their hair off, shave everyday, same rules as TDC. Not to mention its location in the "Klan-handle."

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/nj.htm

That's the info. from TDCJ website.

LovinMYman09
03-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

jerc78
03-23-2011, 10:53 AM
my bf was just released from baten there is no phone system. he will get to call when he gets there and maybe a couple of days before he comes home. he did say it was the worst unit he has been on but he was there in the winter monthes and it was very cold. and what the poster said about klan handle is very true. they arent very culture oriented!!!!

Waffle's wifey
12-24-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry for bothering you...my husband was sent to an ISF somewhere here in Texas and I hadn't recieved a phone call from him, do you know if they can make collect calls?

Dannys Wife
07-29-2013, 07:38 PM

Thanks!

JLH
i am als tryin to find this out. did u findout???

Renee
07-29-2013, 08:54 PM
i am als tryin to find this out. did u findout???
Hi Dannys Wife! The post you quoted was made in 2007, and JLH hasn't been active since 2009. I don't think you'll get an answer, so I've moved your thread to the Other Texas Prisons (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=291) forum where there are a few threads about ISF units. Feel free to look around in here.

If you scroll down in the TDCJ Unit Directory (https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/&sa=U&ei=2Bv3UbW0B5T_qAGajoG4CA&ved=0CAcQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEjnw1x_cQkwKRF2IRVTkkV6zP3hg) to the bottom, you will see that there are three units that have ISF units. I hope you get your answers! Good luck!