View Full Version : Catalogs for prison purchases

wonderinginwisc
03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
My husband just arrived at Oshkosh. I know I read somewhere in here that there are catolags that you can order things from (such as TV's, clothing, etc.), but I can't remember where I was the threads.

Can anyone give me some info on this. I need to know the web site, or telephone #, or address for these catalogs?

Someone at the prison said something about a Jack Marcus catalog, but when I go on-line all I get is a uniform shop.

pandorantrix
03-30-2007, 10:19 PM
http://www.jlmarcuscatalog.com/

That is JL Marcus. You have to call in or fax in your order though - you can't order online from them.

http://www.accesscatalog.com

Another one called Access. You can order online from them.

Advice - don't order underwear from either one of these places. Use Kohl's or JC Penney. I've had good luck with both. The t-shirts are pretty cheap from either Marcus or Access - they didn't hold up very well. I would think about getting them from somewhere else too. The sweats are good from Access - I got the Russell brand and he is ok with them. I ordered all of his electronics from JL Marcus. He hated the hats available from either place - somewhere in my emails I have a great vendor for that. In fact, if you can't find something just let me know and I'm pretty sure I have something that will help you. My guy is at Oshkosh too.

Hope this helped a little - good luck and just let me know if I can help you with anything else.

SummerRae
03-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Also if he's still allowed dark grey I would get him that b/c sitting on the picnic benches or outside gets the light grey ones dingy. But some don't allow the darker grey.

darqueyes
03-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Well that's 3 us with men in Oshkosh. Your husband must be with G in building X. That's where all the newbies go.

Oshkosh is pretty nice. We order from the resturant every Thursday. The foods good and inexpensive.

You can order from anywhere, but some places don't follow the rules for shipping. The receipt with price must be include with the shipment. His DOC number must be an the mailing label. Electronics must be ordered from marcus or access because they have to be clear plastic, and he must have headphones, no remote and an adapter. I would wait for him to tell you what he wants. There are catalogs all over the place have him look through it, tell you where to get it and give you the item numbers of what he wants then you can place the order. Oh yeah and I'm sure he's going to want a fan with summer coming. That has to be clear also, so throw that in the mix. By the time it's all over with clothes, shoes and electronics, expect to drop a couple hundred.

pandorantrix
03-31-2007, 07:01 PM
By the time it's all over with clothes, shoes and electronics, expect to drop a couple hundred.
LOL At a minimum :) You can always hope he doesn't ask for a softball glove or a racquetball racquet. BTW they changed the kind of lamp they will allow in. It has to be a clear clip on now.

Darqueyes - sure wish I could have you say hi to mine. He has been there since last August and I have only been able to visit him once and that was last November. I'm not in Wisconsin and it is a long drive - add a kid that won't do sleepovers - anywhere - and a dad that doesn't want his son to see him in prison and you have the recipe for a really long three more years to get through.

Happy shopping Wondering!!

wonderinginwisc
03-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I'll check out the access web site, but wait until I get a chance to see him before I order. He wants a TV and he already said that he has to have ear phones with it. Sure seems nice to have him out of Dodge. I haven't been to Oshkosh yet, but Dodge seems so depressing for everyone. They said he could go to Oshkosh or Racine. We were praying for Oshkosh because that was only 40 miles from home. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in another state.

Thanks again.

abbynormalbrain
03-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh wow! This is horrifying for me! My guy is going to prison in about 3 weeks. UGH! To know that hes going to want/need these things and I'm not going to be able to afford buying them for him...
I feel bad already!
-abbynormalbrain

pandorantrix
04-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Abby

You do what you can do. There are lots of guys that don't have anything - and that includes someone that cares about them, writes to them and does their best to be there for them. Wants are not needs - LOL - funny I had that whole "wants and needs" conversation with our eight year old just a little while ago. His dad also understands the difference between wants and needs. You just do the best that you can do - hopefully he knows what is really important - and that is having someone like you.

SummerRae
04-02-2007, 04:47 PM
I found the other distributor out of WI that I liked.

Choice

thechoicecorner.com

800-359-4682

I just received an updated catalog today in the mail. A lot of the basics, reasonable prices, $5 shipping per order and ships the same day.

abbynormalbrain
04-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Abby

You do what you can do. There are lots of guys that don't have anything - and that includes someone that cares about them, writes to them and does their best to be there for them. Wants are not needs - LOL - funny I had that whole "wants and needs" conversation with our eight year old just a little while ago. His dad also understands the difference between wants and needs. You just do the best that you can do - hopefully he knows what is really important - and that is having someone like you.

When I visited him yesterday, I told him about the catalogs and the costs of things that he has already expressed a want for...I told him that i was afraid i wouldnt be able to afford them for him. He told me that he understood. That I wasnt the one that screwed up. He was. So it made me feel a little better. Sentencing is getting closer. 20 days away. UGH!
Thank you Pandorantrix...
-abbynormalbrain

wonderinginwisc
04-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Abby, seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. My husband said the same thing. He knows that things as tough since he's gone and says that if I can afford it it he would like a TV. This is going to come out of my tax return. We're lucky, we don't have any children at home to feed and take care of. It's got to be really hard on women with kids.