View Full Version : Can an inmate call my cell phone?

dork
05-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Not sure if my cell phone can receive calls from the prison or if the inmate is allowed to call a cell phone. Can some one answer this?

nursecrachit
05-16-2007, 06:46 PM
yes, you can now receive calls to a cell phone. you just have to set up an account with PCS.or he can buy minutes thru the canteen to caal. there is alot of information on this in this thread and here is the link to the phone company. www.pcstel.com (http://www.pcstel.com)

prayingformyson
05-16-2007, 09:15 PM
My son purchases minutes at the Canteen that permits him to make cell phone calls! The fee is .10 a minute, and must be purchased in one dollar increments! (Normally, Shane calls our home phone, that way he doesnt' have to spend his Canteen money to talk to his folks!)
I've ready lots of complaints about PC phone service, but so far we've been happy with it, which doesn't mean it's perfect, but it is so much better than what we were using before!

Urinmythoughts
09-27-2007, 06:30 PM
My fiance is in a Missouri county jail and will be transferred to a prison soon in MO. I am wanting to set up phone service so he can call my cell and just wanting to know what is the cheapest best option to do this. Will the $ I put on the account now be able to be used once transferred to the system if I go through this pcs thing? Or is there a better way? Lost as how to get communication going between me and him.
Thanks
Kim

gribit71980
09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I found the best method was to set up a prepaid account through PCS. It too is .10 a minute. Its easy to use and when my man was transferred we were still able to use the prepaid account with no interruption. Overall, we have been happy with the service. There were a couple times when service was down but it was never down more than a few hours. Hope that helps....best wishes to you and your loved one.

Urinmythoughts
09-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Wow thatnks that was fast! just what I needed;-)

Kim

Willitbe1118
09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
My son purchases a calling card, $5.00 for 60 minutes, and calls me on my
cell. I hear a message that I am receiving a prepaid call from an inmate blah blah blah....press 5 to accept or hang up if I do not want to. If I am in the middle of something I will say call back in 5 minutes and he can hear me, we both hang up and he calls back when he can or within a few minutes.

jadedannah
10-02-2007, 04:02 AM
It is cheaper to have them buy phone minutes in the canteen than to have them call collect. Thier phone minute total does not count against the amount they can spend in the canteen. At ERDCC the canteen limit is 75.00, but they can buy all the phone minutes they want.

MrsPhillips
10-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Whether you buy Prepaid minutes from PCS or he buys them in the canteen you will only pay .10 cents a minute. Yes this is cheaper then collect calls. If he buys them in the canteen then he can call any number he wants, if not and you buy the prepaid minute then he can only call the number you buy minutes for which can only be one number that he can call you at. I hope this helps.

moley
09-21-2008, 03:01 PM
My mother accidentally hit 7 on the phone which blocks phone calls from inmates...
Is there anything that can be done to undo this.????...we want to continue to receive
collect calls from the inmate....

Christy
09-21-2008, 07:02 PM
I would call PCS and tell them about it and have them remove the block.

livinginreality
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
My mother accidentally hit 7 on the phone which blocks phone calls from inmates...
Is there anything that can be done to undo this.????...we want to continue to receive
collect calls from the inmate....

But please don't call the institution. Staff can't do anything about blocks. Sorry. In this instance the caseworker can't help! :)

U&ME4EVA
09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I have at home comcast with CBS is that ok? he try to call but they told him i have block on my phone. he's in SFRC can anyone HELP me pls

U&ME4EVA
09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
What is PCS

Christy
09-24-2008, 05:56 AM
PCS is the phone service that is in Missouri for the prison calls. I'm not sure what Florida has for their service.

BIGI'sLady
10-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Not sure if my cell phone can receive calls from the prison or if the inmate is allowed to call a cell phone. Can some one answer this?

My man calls me on my cell all the time.